Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 IN CB JoJo Johnson (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish CB from Loy. Being recruited as a corner.

Competition isn't the best, but also to the worst.
    Last edited by arrowryan; 11-22-2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure he has a Cincinnati offer too

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well this over. They wouldn't have offered unless they already knew the answer.

They didn't want another Theran Johnson to happen.

Feels reachy.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
          Well this over. They wouldn't have offered unless they already knew the answer.

They didn't want another Theran Johnson to happen.

Feels reachy.
          What do you mean by this?

And Iím guessing this means they donít feel confident in Wright?
          .....Before I Get Out

Comment

I was gonna say that this is the first Merrillville player to go to Notre Dame since Jame Aldridge, but after doing some research I guess Aldridge went to Crown Point lol

Comment

Mickens recruited him at UC. This reminds me of Notre Dame offering Book after Sanford recruited him when he was at Boise.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyirish View Post
                What do you mean by this?

And Iím guessing this means they donít feel confident in Wright?
                They offered and thought he was going to flip but he said no and wanted to stick with NW.

I can't imagine they could've ever felt confident in signing Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                  I was gonna say that this is the first Merrillville player to go to Notre Dame since Jame Aldridge, but after doing some research I guess Aldridge went to Crown Point lol
                  Aldridge probably lived in CP but he definitely went to Merrillville. I lived in LaPorte and went to Michigan City. Happens all the time.

Comment

Mickens recruited him at UC. This reminds me of Notre Dame offering Book after Sanford recruited him when he was at Boise.
                    Well it looks like this thread will have some disagreement over the next 4 or so years!

Comment

Aldridge was a Pirate.

Comment

Aldridge definitely went to Merrillville. Jo jo transferred from Hammond to Merrillville. He wants to play receiver in college but I think he's realized defense gives him more opportunity. Really good player and athlete. Could be a reach. We'll see.

Comment

I’m confused. They already have a four-man class.

Comment

Seems like a slam dunk... Sign him up and and build some depth
                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

I get the reservations and will hold some as well. But, I'll give Mickens a shot here. See what he's got.

I wanted a slot/nickel CB and maybe this guy is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                I get the reservations and will hold some as well. But, I'll give Mickens a shot here. See what he's got.

I wanted a slot/nickel CB and maybe this guy is it.
                                His name is JoJo so he has to be good!

Comment

Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post
                                  Iím confused. They already have a four-man class.
                                  I'd be a little concerned if we were relying on Walters to play SS. I think he could be a back end defender situationally but not full time. I think his best avenue to a position would be bulk up to 210-215 and play Rover.

Comment

I saw this at BGI so it's not original for me, but 5 he's a 5 star (name), lol.

Comment

Both Singer and Plummer at BGI put in FC's for him to end up at ND.

Also, he was previously committed to UC.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                        Both Singer and Plummer at BGI put in FC's for him to end up at ND.

Also, he was previously committed to UC.
                                        And northern Illinois before that

Comment

Got to say, my favorite name for a recruit has to be next years Tobias Merriweather:
                                          https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/sho....php?p=2213405

They offered and thought he was going to flip but he said no and wanted to stick with NW.

I can't imagine they could've ever felt confident in signing Wright.
                                          Maybe not confidence, but this seems like waiving the white flag/conceding any chance of landing him.

I thought Theran Johnson was a backup plan cause Phillip Riley flipped? The fact that we brought back Riley and are still sending out late offers to lower recruits kind of kills any optimism I have of landing another big player to close out this class.
                                          .....Before I Get Out

Comment

There's a bunch of stuff about JoJo in different threads going back to last year.

Careful, Antonio Brown, Dri Archer and Kareem Hunt were MAC level athletes.

Johnson is very athletic. He's been a long time phenom from when he lived in Merrillville. He was written up on the FBU/Pop Warner/NextGen circuits and won some state/ntional championships I believe. I wish he would have stayed at Merrillville where he had to play better comp but he worked out for ND at II this summer and made most folks watch lists. Not sure where he projects yet, I'd say CB for now. He has 4 Ints in 5 games this year. If I had to compare him to someone as a Jr, I'd say Cameron Martinez from MI who's going to OSU.

This is typical for Indiana recruiting though. They fly under the regional/national radar all the time. Look at the Michael McLaughlin kid visiting this weekend. He played at Danville up until this summer = no one's ever heard of him. . . moves to Florida and gets Miami and FSU offers on his first two camp visits.

ND's been recruiting JoJo non stop since the summer and he'll be there Saturday so this is real.

Comment

That name.... and a Hoosier...

sign me the F up.
                                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Iím gonna give BK, Polian, Lea and Mickens the nod on this one cause Iím sure all of them watched video on the kid but itís too bad ND canít get some higher rated DBís in their school. Philip Riley is one and Ryan Barnes had me convinced heíd be one if The Opening happened and things were normal maybe but NDís lowest rated position group is the DB Room. Maybe the QB room with Book and Clark but Buchnerís coming in next year. Itís just annoying to see Texas A&M stack 3 4* DBís in the 2021. Texas reeled in 13/14 4*/5* DBís in the 2018-2020 classes which is ridiculous. USC is a dumpster fire and has 5 4* DBís committed (some might play offense). Shoot, Minnesota and BC have Top 200 recruits in the DB position and ND canít even break a top 300 player into the ranks. For how good ND is at football and how much winning theyíve done, theyíve really not recruited the DB position at a championship level. Luckily they got a superstar in Kyle Hamilton and some of their 3*ís look very very promising but they need to raise their level in 2022 for sure.

Comment

Dryskel is pretty high on this kid and was calling for an offer for this kid last week. Not sure if thatís a good thing or not lol
                                                  Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Staff seemingly nailed it with Clarence Lewis So I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt here ... Just not the caliber of player I imagined we’d be chasing after the Clemson win.

Comment

Watched his senior film and there is a lot to work with. Mickens has a good shot at making this kid a stud.

Comment

I didn't say this properly above. He committed yesterday and the networks are building his commitment packages. This is over.

Also, my comment about it feeling reachy is not in regards to his physical talent becuz he's got that in spades but to the fact that it feels like a low hanging fruit take. There's a few guys like Robert Regan, Avante Dickerson & Steven Ortiz I'd have liked to see them give a shout out to but you can't be pissed at speed. Becuase if you are gonna miss, miss fast.

Welcome aboard, always cool to have a Regionite on the squad.

Comment

Get back JoJo.

Comment

does offering JoJo mean that ND is not going to land Ceyair Wright?

Comment

Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
                                                              does offering JoJo mean that ND is not going to land Ceyair Wright?
                                                              or TMA for that matter

Comment

I didn't say this properly above. He committed yesterday and the networks are building his commitment packages. This is over.

Also, my comment about it feeling reachy is not in regards to his physical talent becuz he's got that in spades but to the fact that it feels like a low hanging fruit take. There's a few guys like Robert Regan, Avante Dickerson & Steven Ortiz I'd have liked to see them give a shout out to but you can't be pissed at speed. Becuase if you are gonna miss, miss fast.

Welcome aboard, always cool to have a Regionite on the squad.

So thatís a commit?
                                                                Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                  Seems like a slam dunk... Sign him up and and build some depth
                                                                  Do you mean the practice team depth?

Comment

telling you all now. This kid is a DOG!

Comment

The TMA ship has sailed at this point. I doubt they get wright. This kid can really play be a safety or corner so they are good. Should be down to another RB or Gilliam right? Hello 2022

Comment

If Mickens pushed for it, I'm all-in.

Comment

Judging from his twitter activity, he’s at the very least had conversations with several other big name programs. He’s followed by assistants/coaches from the following schools:

UGA, USC, Texas A&M (Elko follows him), Oregon, Penn State, Florida State, UCLA and some others.

Wonder if there are some offers that he has recently received that he hasn’t reported.

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G-LtddOgUCE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• #40
                                                                              Mojo Jojo

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

• #41
                                                                                Jojo black?
                                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                                                  Judging from his twitter activity, heís at the very least had conversations with several other big name programs. Heís followed by assistants/coaches from the following schools:

UGA, USC, Texas A&M (Elko follows him), Oregon, Penn State, Florida State, UCLA and some others.

Wonder if there are some offers that he has recently received that he hasnít reported.
                                                                                  And, this is a really good point. I think he's a guy that would get some heavy hitter interest post ESP if he chose to wait it out.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    I seen him play against Elkhart. I knew there were about 5 or 6 D1 players in that game. I will have to rewatch.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      Well, that was fast. Committed.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">100% COMMITTED‼️ GO IRISH☘️☘️ <a href="https://t.co/74I5Q5CuDO">pic.twitter.com/74I5Q5CuDO</a></p>&mdash; JoJo Johnson (@jojofootball1) <a href="https://twitter.com/jojofootball1/status/1331302385248051203?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 24, 2020</a></blockquote>

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        There it is

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">100% COMMITTED‼️ GO IRISH☘️☘️ <a href="https://t.co/74I5Q5CuDO">pic.twitter.com/74I5Q5CuDO</a></p>&mdash; JoJo Johnson (@jojofootball1) <a href="https://twitter.com/jojofootball1/status/1331302385248051203?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          I thought that Crus and Dean made this official yesterday...??

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            Excellent!

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              Welcome aboard! I’m excited about our momentum in recruiting

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                Would Tariq Bracy be a fair player comp?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  Neat

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X