Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 CA DE/LB Will Schweitzer (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '21 CA DE/LB Will Schweitzer (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

DE/OLB/TE
    Los Gatos, CA
    Los Gatos, HS

Measurements:
    6-4

Rankings & Ratings 8-16-20:
    247 Comp ..... 3* ..... #35 OLB ....... #539 OA ..... .8713 rating
    247 ............... 3* ..... #31 OLB ............................ 88
    Rivals ............ 3* ..... #26 WDE ........................... 5.7
    ESPN ............. 3* ..... #88 OLB

Offers:
    Notre Dame ........ Flipped - 8-16-20
    Arizona
    ASU
    Ark
    Boise
    Cal
    Colo
    Duke
    Harvard
    KU
    Mich St
    Nebraska .......... Committed 6-11-20 ..... Decommitted 8-16-20
    Ore St
    Princeton
    SDSU
    SJSU
    Cuse
    TCU
    UNLV
    UT
    UVA
    Wazzu
    WYO

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/WillSchweitzer2

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/10201950/Will-Schweitzer

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/10201950/5d8052616e8b360b5ceffe40' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 08-16-2020, 06:03 PM.

Flipping to who?

Comment

DO WE like him at DE or LB.?
      " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
        DO WE like him at DE or LB.?
        DE. He’s Abiara’s replacement.

Comment

Bummer, i want LBs. But cool at the same time

Comment

I think this is a great, low risk Vyper propsect because if he gets to 235-240 and you aren't seeing what you want from his pass rush, he just sticks at Buck if he can continue to cover the field like he does now.

His Jr film is very Lambish.

Comment

Lets get the formalities out of the way right now.

Comment

Love the name

Comment

Is he linked to us?
                  Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                    I think this is a great, low risk Vyper propsect because if he gets to 235-240 and you aren't seeing what you want from his pass rush, he just sticks at Buck if he can continue to cover the field like he does now.

His Jr film is very Lambish.

100% Kinda why i would like to see him at LB

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericknyc1980 View Post
                      Is he linked to us?
                      He's committing in 50 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
                        100% Kinda why i would like to see him at LB
                        I don't want him to fail at DE so that he becomes a LB. I don't think you need elite LB's in this system to get great results.

DE's are different. There were games when Okwara and Kareem were by the QB on what seemed every play. As a Bears fan from the 80's, that's how u wanna live.

Comment

I don't want him to fail at DE so that he becomes a LB. I don't think you need elite LB's in this system to get great results.

DE's are different. There were games when Okwara and Kareem were by the QB on what seemed every play. As a Bears fan from the 80's, that's how u wanna live.
                          Not sure how I feel about this one. I'd be more comfortable taking him and another true DE. Maybe they know Daelin or Ade is coming back if the season is cancelled?

Comment

Sorry if it semed like i want him to fail, not what i meant. I just like him at LB more.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                              Not sure how I feel about this one. I'd be more comfortable taking him and another true DE. Maybe they know Daelin or Ade is coming back if the season is cancelled?
                              I can't see Ade leaving regardless. DH would also benefit greatly IMO from another year.

I'm with you though on taking another true DE.
                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Officially commited to the University of Notre Dame <a href="https://twitter.com/NDFootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NDFootball</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachBrianKelly?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachBrianKe lly</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachMikeElston?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachMikeEls ton</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/BrianPolian?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BrianPolian</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Coach_Lea?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Coach_Lea</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/goirish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#goirish </a>☘️ <a href="https://t.co/hM8R99OJjE">pic.twitter.com/hM8R99OJjE</a></p>&mdash; Will Schweitzer (@WillSchweitzer2) <a href="https://twitter.com/WillSchweitzer2/status/1295133263581806592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>
                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Comment

Congrats Will! Welcome to the family!

Comment

Nice job pivoting to the next commit
                                      Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Cool beans

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

Neat

Comment

Any idea if the B1G’s decision to postpone was a factor?

Comment

Neat.

Comment

Nebraska fans are big mad.

Seems like a good project at DE

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Solid addition. I like the versatility and I like that this scholarship going to a program guy. I think that has some added value.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Great visit to South Bend last week with my boy- we fell in love just walking around the beautiful campus! Looking forward to seeing the inside of his new home someday and meeting all the coaches in person! ☘️ <a href="https://t.co/H68Cov2kKy">pic.twitter.com/H68Cov2kKy</a></p>&mdash; Chris Schweitzer (@ChrisSchweitze4) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisSchweitze4/status/1295161852352053248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

anyone see this coming? I doubt if he's an upgrade over Abiara talent wise, but he's a better fit by a large margin.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                        anyone see this coming? I doubt if he's an upgrade over Abiara talent wise, but he's a better fit by a large margin.
                                                        Loy hinted on the II board that something was happening with a recruit committed elsewhere and Crus was following the recent Twitter follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                          Loy hinted on the II board that something was happening with a recruit committed elsewhere and Crus was following the recent Twitter follows.
                                                          Crus has paid informants on the edits.. lol

Comment

Not sure if I should? Too soon?
                                                            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                              Not sure if I should? Too soon?
                                                              Just let it happen, man. Lol. You’ve been waiting too long.

Comment

Fuck it haha
                                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Danny Mattingly vibes (deep cut). Like the athleticism and frame regardless of the star rating.

Comment

Comment

He looks rail think but he’s got a rocket for a first step.

Comment

Now we just hope LSU doesnt come calling?
                                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                          Any idea if the B1G’s decision to postpone was a factor?
                                                                          bigger factor was ND wanted him at MLB but then changed and offered him as a Pass Rusher
                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                            Now we just hope LSU doesnt come calling?
                                                                            Why?

Comment

• #40
                                                                              Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                                              Why?
                                                                              mom is an alum
                                                                              EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #41
                                                                                Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                                                Why?
                                                                                Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                                                mom is an alum
                                                                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="in" dir="ltr">Forever LSU 💜💛 <a href="https://t.co/kTKLlVyvKn">https://t.co/kTKLlVyvKn</a></p>&mdash; Chris Schweitzer (@ChrisSchweitze4) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisSchweitze4/status/1244684962067963905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  Welcome to Notre Dame Will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    Time to get this young man listed on front page of commits.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                                                                      Time to get this young man listed on front page of commits.

Done. As well as Ziegler.
                                                                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        2021 Notre Dame Commit Will Schweitzer Enjoys Return to South Bend

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          "Schweitzer wasn't able to get into the game because of the University's restrictions, but he did notice a different feeling as he was able to enjoy this visit a little more."

I'm surprised they didn't secure some room in the stadium for recruits / committed players to take in the games when they are on campus. I understand that it's only students that are allowed to attend the games right now, but you would think BK and Co. would have found a way to get a few of those kids into games when they are on campus.
                                                                                          The future of Fighting Irish football is looking bright!!!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            Originally posted by sportallyr View Post
                                                                                            "Schweitzer wasn't able to get into the game because of the University's restrictions, but he did notice a different feeling as he was able to enjoy this visit a little more."

I'm surprised they didn't secure some room in the stadium for recruits / committed players to take in the games when they are on campus. I understand that it's only students that are allowed to attend the games right now, but you would think BK and Co. would have found a way to get a few of those kids into games when they are on campus.
                                                                                            I think that would be a difficult task due to liability reasons. The school doesn't want to be liable if the recruit gets Covid 19 due to a recruit being in a box or on field level with other recruits. And would be difficult to administer social distancing and mask usage rules.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              Originally posted by sportallyr View Post

NCAA does not permits contact with anyone involved with the University because it's a dead period so a box/etc. would be out of the question along with it likely being a violation.

Clemson and other programs that have kids going to games have general admission tickets for sale while Notre Dame does not.
                                                                                              Last edited by BeauBenken; 10-14-2020, 06:38 PM. Reason: added does not

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                Originally posted by IrishSportsDaily View Post
                                                                                                NCAA permits contact with anyone involved with the University because it's a dead period so a box/etc. would be out of the question along with it likely being a violation.

Clemson and other programs that have kids going to games have general admission tickets for sale while Notre Dame does not.
                                                                                                I think you mean the NCAA does not permit contact. Otherwise they could be in the box

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">California defensive end Will Schweitzer (<a href="https://twitter.com/WillSchweitzer2?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WillSchweitz er2</a>) has signed with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a>! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> <a href="https://t.co/mNPW68zS3o">https://t.co/mNPW68zS3o</a></p>&mdash; BlueandGold.com (@BGInews) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGInews/status/1339226427464544256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X