Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 OH TE Mitchell Evans (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '21 OH TE Mitchell Evans (Notre Dame Signee)

TE
    Wadsworth, OH
    Wadsworth HS

Measurements:
    6-7

R&R's: 6-28-20
    247 Comp ..... 3* ..... #20 TE ..... #434 OA ..... .8789 rating
    247 ............... 3* ..... #19 TE .......................... 88
    Rivals ............ 3* ..... #28 TE .......................... 5.7
    ESPN ............. 3* ..... #13 TE .......................... 78

R&R's: 7-31-20
    247 Comp ..... 3* ..... #20 TE ..... #434 OA ..... .8789 rating
    247 ............... 3* ..... #19 TE .......................... 88
    Rivals ............ 3* ..... #28 TE .......................... 5.7
    ESPN ............. 3* ..... #13 TE .......................... 78

Offers:
    Notre Dame ...... Offered ... 6-30-20 ..... Committed ... 7-31-20
    BC
    Cincy
    Duke
    FSU
    GT
    Harvard
    IU
    IA St
    KU
    Louisville
    MI St
    Pitt
    Purdue
    Syracuse
    UCF
    UVa
    WV
    Akron
    Army
    BGSU
    CMU
    Kent St
    Toledo

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/mitch14football

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/11111280/Mitchell-Evans

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/11111280/5e0a4dd7d21abf0b30f55bfc' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 12-16-2020, 07:57 AM.

Olsen's not coming to South Bend so ND made the smart move and went after Evans.

They should have done that LONG ago.

Most enjoyable tape you'll see this year. It's like Gronk & Big Ben had a baby.

Hopefully OSU stays off of him and he's Catholic.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">👀👀 <a href="https://t.co/SypVTQ9tXS">pic.twitter.com/SypVTQ9tXS</a></p>&mdash; Mitchell (@mitch14football) <a href="https://twitter.com/mitch14football/status/1276993667308441605?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

. . . And he can punt. Boom!

Comment

Need more tape. His competition in the Suburban league can be meh. With his size, he would be doing what the tape shows and more, if he is of high caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
          Well his MAC offer list is impressive.

Comment

Overall not a bad offer list. Florida State, BC, Kentucky, Pitt, Purdue, Syracuse, Iowa State. Not many top tier but respectable offers.

Comment

Offered.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Extremely excited to announce that I have received an offer from The University of Notre Dame ‼️‼️<a href="https://twitter.com/CoachBrianKelly?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachBrianKe lly</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachJeffQuinn?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachJeffQuin n</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/BrianPolian?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BrianPolian</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachJ_Mc?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachJ_Mc</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/T_Rees11?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@T_Rees11</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/NDFootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NDFootball</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SWiltfong247</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@247Sports</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/WHSgrizzliesFB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WHSgrizzliesF B</a> <a href="https://t.co/QfJtIYLlGN">pic.twitter.com/QfJtIYLlGN</a></p>&mdash; Mitchell (@mitch14football) <a href="https://twitter.com/mitch14football/status/1278079017149771778?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Dear Coach McNulty,

By the grace of God you & the Irish sorta stumbled down to the highest ceiling prospect in the class. Do NOT waste this opportunity. Close this quickly. The Buckeyes will be calling soon.

If you can't handle it, give me your ND Visa for the weekend and don't ask any questions when he calls in to commit.

Signed,

Vinnie Crusader

Comment

Offered as a punter?
                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                    Offered as a punter?
                    TE/OT

No italics

Comment

TE/OT

No italics
                      But but but, he had a 73 yard punt!
                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

ND cb from a FSU guy

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                          ND cb from a FSU guy
                          Singer put one in too.

Comment

This is some of the most entertaining film I've ever seen. Was laughing out loud half the time. Imagine you show up to watch some Friday night lights and some 6 foot 7 kid is getting direct snaps, trucking people, then flexing out wide, then punting the ball 70 yards in the air.

Still not sure how I feel about him as a prospect though. Flashes some good speed when he was housing some of those direct snaps, but looked pretty stiff as a receiver. Not much acceleration.

Comment

In the same vein as Alt, I wonder if he doesn't turn into an OT with exceptional athleticism for the position.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                In the same vein as Alt, I wonder if he doesn't turn into an OT with exceptional athleticism for the position.
                                Are we down to taking projects at this point?????

Comment

Very real chance at Spindler in August. If we land him, which a lot of the ND recruitniks think we currently lead. Then the class would be Fisher, Spindler, and Coogan who all could’ve played virtually anywhere they wanted. With Alt and Evans as the ‘projects’ and Evans could very well stick at TE. So, I don’t really see what the consternation is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
                                    Are we down to taking projects at this point?????
                                    And delighted by the prospect of it.
                                    Frankly, we should have taken more athletic "projects" instead of signing talent-maxed O-Line lifers, in previous classes.

Comment

Alt ranked a lot higher on 247 than on composite. Wouldn’t be the first time others played catch up. Sinclair thinks he’s a borderline 4 star.
                                      Last edited by stpeteirish; 07-07-2020, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                        Alt ranked a lot higher on 247 than on composite. Wouldn’t be the first time others played catch up. Sinclair thinks he’s a borderline 4 star.
                                        Mean’t for Alt’s page. Need more coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                          Mean’t for Alt’s page. Need more coffee.
                                          Starbucks Italian Roast brother.

Comment

Very real chance at Spindler in August. If we land him, which a lot of the ND recruitniks think we currently lead. Then the class would be Fisher, Spindler, and Coogan who all could’ve played virtually anywhere they wanted. With Alt and Evans as the ‘projects’ and Evans could very well stick at TE. So, I don’t really see what the consternation is all about.
                                            Where does the consternation meter stand if we land that group - Spindler
                                            Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                              Where does the consternation meter stand if we land that group - Spindler
                                              Then the "Evans to offensive line" storyline is probably put to bed and he develops as a tight end. Alt gets to marinate in the system for a few years and push for a starting spot in year 3.

Comment

I remember Ryan Hayes who went to Michigan a few years ago. TE project and had a very high ranking given he did not play Oline in HS. I like Alt better . . .

Comment

No consternation......was a legit question. I know we're still in on Rocco, was just asking if we're down to taking projects for OT's at this point. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                    I remember Ryan Hayes who went to Michigan a few years ago. TE project and had a very high ranking given he did not play Oline in HS. I like Alt better . . .
                                                    Cole Chewins at Michigan State was another. Skinny 6-7 TE ended up playing Tackle in college and got up to 300 lbs as a senior
                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                      Cole Chewins at Michigan State was another. Skinny 6-7 TE ended up playing Tackle in college and got up to 300 lbs as a senior
                                                      Also Lane Johnson who went from HS quarterback to JUCO tight end to #4 pick in the draft at OT.

Comment

Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
                                                        No consternation......was a legit question. I know we're still in on Rocco, was just asking if we're down to taking projects for OT's at this point. It is what it is.
                                                        The use of 5 question marks seems like there is a certain level of anxiety or angst regarding the situation. Nonetheless, if we land Spindler, that's a top 5-10 OL class nationally.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                          Ryan Hayes is up to 6’7” 300lbs as a RS SO and could be the starting LT this fall. He turned out pretty dang well so far. I hope Alt can get to that.

Comment

Besides turning Joe Staley into Joe Staley, BK & Quinn also recruited another big QB from NE Ohio and switched him to TE. That worked out pretty good for Mr Kelce.

Iowa also did the same thing with Robert Gallery and Riley Reiff as they did with John Alt... though Reiff may have switched to OT late in HS. He was a DE/TE at one point..

Comment

Irish CB from Loy

Comment

The use of 5 question marks seems like there is a certain level of anxiety or angst regarding the situation. Nonetheless, if we land Spindler, that's a top 5-10 OL class nationally.
                                                                Sorry Lucky.....just how I typically type things out. I was asking because I hadn't heard anything about other OT prospects, and was wondering if you had or if this is the path forward. And not complaining about the kids we have landed, I love Fisher and Coogs and sprinkle in some Rocco.....I think we're good

Comment

Besides turning Joe Staley into Joe Staley, BK & Quinn also recruited another big QB from NE Ohio and switched him to TE. That worked out pretty good for Mr Kelce.

Iowa also did the same thing with Robert Gallery and Riley Reiff as they did with John Alt... though Reiff may have switched to OT late in HS. He was a DE/TE at one point..
                                                                  Not just that Kelce, but with the other Kelce. His brother Jason walked on at UC as a RB, then moved to fullback and finally to Center. Now he's an All-Pro lineman.
                                                                  It's Just a Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
                                                                    Not just that Kelce, but with the other Kelce. His brother Jason walked on at UC as a RB, then moved to fullback and finally to Center. Now he's an All-Pro lineman.
                                                                    *** Sorry, I was on the phone and lost track of what I was trying to say.

Of course. I was talking the QB to TE move comparison with Evans & Kelce then adding onto the threads talk of TE to OT moves.

Jason Kelce's is pretty unique. Shows Quinn's the master of conversion. Does he also get credit for changing Khalil Mack from a HS Mike to a HOF DE?
                                                                    Last edited by NDCrusader; 07-08-2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Get this kid-situation reminds me of McGlinchy many options for a big skill guy. Remember McGlinchy was a tight end and gunner on punt teams.
                                                                      Project ahead when you think of what university you want to bring your family to as an alum. If it isnt Notre Dame then you should go to another school-from a subway alumni

Comment

You don’t think he’s gonna make us wait until next weekend do you?

Comment

No shot this lasts until the end of the week.

Also, after watching a small video of a footwork drill, I don't know if he's a power 5 tight end. Bring him in and see what he can do, but I'd put my money on left tackle.
                                                                          Last edited by arrowryan; 07-28-2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

No shot this lasts until the end of the week.

Also, after watching a small video of a footwork drill, I don't know if he's a power 5 tight end. Bring him in and see what he can do, but I'd put my money on left tackle.
                                                                            Agreed. He's either a jumbo blocking TE or OT. We already have a TE->OT type in Alt, plus definite tackle Tosh Baker and very possible tackles Carmody and Fisher, just in the last two classes. Unless they're simply dead set on landing 5 OL this cycle I'm not sure I get this one.

But yes, as much as there was Pitt/GT talk, this is over so it doesn't really matter what any of us think lol

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                              Agreed. He's either a jumbo blocking TE or OT. We already have a TE->OT type in Alt, plus definite tackle Tosh Baker and very possible tackles Carmody and Fisher, just in the last two classes. Unless they're simply dead set on landing 5 OL this cycle I'm not sure I get this one.

But yes, as much as there was Pitt/GT talk, this is over so it doesn't really matter what any of us think lol
                                                                              I'm not going to question the staff's decision on taking a commitment from him, considering their high hit rate on 3 stars the last few years.

And why not take a flyer on him? The team is almost never at the 85 scholarship limit and I'd hate to see him succeed somewhere else knowing he could've been in South Bend. Let him sit and we'll look at what we got in 2023.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                This is definitely the kinda guy I'd want as a project on OL. My only concern would be taking him and Alt in the same class as they appear to both be closer to projects, but great ones. Still, you need bodies and Quinn certainly can develop these guys into passable OTs at the least.

This is definitely the better project to take than say a Trevor Ruhland. Love Ruhland and everything he was able to do for the team over the past couple years, but we knew when he signed that he'd almost definitely never be a factor on the team, let alone starter, due to how small he was. That was talked about endlessly, that his film was great but he was just so small. Versus Evans and Alt just need time with Balis and to put in work on the field.

Fisher, Coogan, and Spindler would be the jewels obviously. If it's those 3 + Alt and Evans (assuming he does make the OT transition), then is that the best OL class of BK's tenure?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                  This is definitely the kinda guy I'd want as a project on OL. My only concern would be taking him and Alt in the same class as they appear to both be closer to projects, but great ones. Still, you need bodies and Quinn certainly can develop these guys into passable OTs at the least.

This is definitely the better project to take than say a Trevor Ruhland. Love Ruhland and everything he was able to do for the team over the past couple years, but we knew when he signed that he'd almost definitely never be a factor on the team, let alone starter, due to how small he was. That was talked about endlessly, that his film was great but he was just so small. Versus Evans and Alt just need time with Balis and to put in work on the field.

Fisher, Coogan, and Spindler would be the jewels obviously. If it's those 3 + Alt and Evans (assuming he does make the OT transition), then is that the best OL class of BK's tenure?
                                                                                  Strictly basing it off rankings/offers? I'd say it has to be the 2019 class and I'm not sure its close.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Strictly basing it off rankings/offers? I'd say it has to be the 2019 class and I'm not sure its close.
                                                                                    I guess that class will really come down to Kristofic and Correll. I love Quinn Carroll, but I'd take Blake over him every time, though he'd probably be my #2 if the classes were combined.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Fong with the cb

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        ..
                                                                                        Last edited by NDCrusader; 05-01-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• #45

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            neat

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Now, we just need to get Stanford back next year so he can jump ball the heck of their corners...

Tall TE payback time...

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Freebies from ISD

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING | Following an independent unofficial visit to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> earlier this month, 2021 Ohio tight end Mitchell Evans has committed to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Irish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Irish</a> (FREE) <a href="https://t.co/6XOOAHsX5B">https://t.co/6XOOAHsX5B</a></p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1289290271490883584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ISD expert <a href="https://twitter.com/jamieuyeyama?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@jamieuyeyama</a> breaks down new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> TE commit Mitchell Evans in The Film Room <br><br>&quot;He could be a monster with the size to be a force in-line and the athleticism to be a beast after the catch.&quot;<br><br>(FREE) <a href="https://t.co/cpSUfZ73j4">https://t.co/cpSUfZ73j4</a></p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1289290825579368449?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                                Last edited by NDCrusader; 07-31-2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X