Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 CA CB Chance Tucker (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '21 CA CB Chance Tucker (Notre Dame Signee)

CB - HS WR also
    Encino, CA
    Crespi

Measurements:
    6-1

R&R's - 6-2-20:
    247 Comp ..... NR
    247 ............... 3* ..... #77 CB ......................... 86
    Rivals ............ NR
    ESPN ............. NR

R&R's - 7-22-20:
    247 Comp ..... 3* ..... #54 CB ..... #687 OA ..... .8627
    247 ............... 3* ..... #46 CB .......................... 87
    Rivals ............ 3* ............................................ 5.6
    ESPN ............. NR

Offers:
    Notre Dame ...... Offered 6-2-20 ...... Committed 7-22-20
    Washington

AZ
    Boise
    BYU
    Colo
    Colo St
    Columbia
    Cornell
    Dartmouth
    Penn
    Princeton
    Northwestern
    ECU
    Hawaii
    Ore St
    SJSU
    UNLV
    Wazzu
    Wyoming
    Lehigh

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/chancetucker7

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/5566279/Chance-Tucker

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/5566279/5dde081196812a150487ed0c' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 07-22-2020, 04:34 PM.

All we can ask for is a Chance.

Comment

Apparently his 10.97 100 was his first ever competitive time at the race. Was previously only a 200 and 400 guy. That’s pretty damn impressive.

Biggins (west coast 247) thinks he would’ve blown up with a regular Spring eval and camp circuit. Solid find

Comment

Looks like his offer list is just really starting to take off. He got his first Pac-12 offer in mid-April. All other Pac-12 offers started rolling in in May.
        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Conducted a virtual visit with the staff today. It included Polian, Mickens, and Lea.

I’d think you gotta take Tucker and be willing to take a 5th DB like TMA who could also play WR.

Comment

Visit apparently went really, really well too.
            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
              Visit apparently went really, really well too.
              So you're saying there's a "Chance?"

Comment

Sonia ceyair wright not an option anymore?

Comment

I wouldn’t say that but I also wouldn’t turn away Tucker for the chance at Wright.

Take Tucker and see what space is left when Wright is ready to decide. Dialogue with ND continues to be good but there is quite a bit of speculation he isn’t leaving the west coast with his acting career being of importance.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                    I wouldn’t say that but I also wouldn’t turn away Tucker for the chance at Wright.

Take Tucker and see what space is left when Wright is ready to decide. Dialogue with ND continues to be good but there is quite a bit of speculation he isn’t leaving the west coast with his acting career being of importance.
                    One would think he'd take the USC offer if that was the case, yet looks like an Oregon or ASU lean ?
                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Mickens has recruited his @ss off since he's been there. I give it a year and I think we are going to see an upgrade in recruiting in our secondary. I've always liked Polian as a recruiter even in the Weis era.

Comment

Sounds like he wants to decide this week. It's seemingly between ND and Washington.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What&#39;s the latest with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> defensive back target Chance Tucker? Who has he been in contact with lately?<br><br>A decision could be coming soon. ⬇️<a href="https://t.co/JbuZTcp6Bi">https://t.co/JbuZTcp6Bi</a></p>&mdash; Mike Singer (@Rivals_Singer) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rivals_Singer/status/1283026125661315073?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 14, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

hard to feel optimistic given our head to head record vs Wash lately.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                            hard to feel optimistic given our head to head record vs Wash lately.

Comment

I like our Chance(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                I like our Chance(s).
                                Do you think there’s a chance he “shocks the world” and picks ND?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluto View Post
                                  Do you think there’s a chance he “shocks the world” and picks ND?
                                  I hates Washington ever since Julia Irvin's grandmother for sick and said no way to ND. I'll take Jimmy Lake on this one. Seems like a no brainer given history.

Comment

I love how this guy covers WR's.

I dub thee... Chance the Wrapper.

Comment

Greg Biggins just put in a crystal ball for us

Comment

oh shiz

Comment

Biggins just recently put out a story on him, so im guessing Chance gave him the scoop

Comment

Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post
                                            Biggins just recently put out a story on him, so im guessing Chance gave him the scoop
                                            Best kind of CB, when the writer actually knows something.

Comment

Philip Riley, Ryan Barnes, and Chance Tucker is a real nice trio

Are we looking for one more safety to add to Justin Walters?
                                              Prehistoric

Comment

I believe so. At the beginning of the cycle ND was in it for a ton of safeties and now doesn’t look so good. However, I don’t think they’ll stop at just Justin Walters. They were in it for Hunter Wohler (Wisconsin), Devin Kirkwood (UCLA), Kaleb Edwards (GT), Donovan McMillon (UF), Rod Moore (Michigan), and Joshua Moore (Stanford). Maybe they’ll convince TMA to shift over but i hope they let him in at WR cause that’s what he wants to play. Not too sure where they turn from here but we’ll see. I’d be surprised if they stopped at one safety. They aren’t loaded on numbers at the position.

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                                                  I believe so. At the beginning of the cycle ND was in it for a ton of safeties and now doesn’t look so good. However, I don’t think they’ll stop at just Justin Walters. They were in it for Hunter Wohler (Wisconsin), Devin Kirkwood (UCLA), Kaleb Edwards (GT), Donovan McMillon (UF), Rod Moore (Michigan), and Joshua Moore (Stanford). Maybe they’ll convince TMA to shift over but i hope they let him in at WR cause that’s what he wants to play. Not too sure where they turn from here but we’ll see. I’d be surprised if they stopped at one safety. They aren’t loaded on numbers at the position.
                                                  I thought Barnes and Chance were Safety/CB candidates? Ceyair Wright is still out there but I have not heard much about he stand right now. Thought he was taking his time.

Comment

I think they would like Titus to be a safety if he joins this class

Comment

Great news.

Riley, Barnes, Tucker. Give me all the 3*'s.

Love it when ND gets three 92's masquerading as 3*'s.

Comment

Barnes is but I don’t see Chance at anything other than CB. If they get Chance then I’d assume they still go after another S. But, maybe they go after TMA as a WR and possibly switch him down the line. Either way, this is setting up to be a very good DB class.

I guess the most common name to know at S (only) is Jaden Slocum. They’ve picked up interest in him again recently and he’s been receptive.

Comment

Greg Biggins just put in a crystal ball for us
                                                          Is Biggins the one that is the self-proclaimed wizard of the west (recruiting)? If so, this looks good

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                            Is Biggins the one that is the self-proclaimed wizard of the west (recruiting)? If so, this looks good
                                                            Basically

Comment

Loy with the cb. I’m guessing this happens any day now

Comment

Lets gooooo!

Comment

I guess the most common name to know at S (only) is Jaden Slocum. They’ve picked up interest in him again recently and he’s been receptive.
                                                                  That is one helluva offer list. Wow.
                                                                  My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Loy with the cb. I’m guessing this happens any day now
                                                                    Wednesday. Sounds like they may be receiving the "commitment packet" for the network art departments to mock up today.

Comment

surprised no offers from the LA schools. No elite offers from anyone beyond ND and Wash.

But Wash can evaluate DB's well and anytime we beat them for a recruit its a big deal.

Comment

ND has been losing out vs. Washington lately on the recruiting trail, looks like the good guys will be winning this one!

Comment

Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                                          ND has been losing out vs. Washington lately on the recruiting trail, looks like the good guys will be winning this one!
                                                                          ND should lose the vast majority of them because they only compete with Sir Lake in the PAC footprint. I think they have 4-5 guys from outside the footprint and they are all TX guys.

The closest ND can go head to head with UDub is someone like Phillip Riley who lived in WA for a bit then moved. And they won that one too. If Washington came to Chicago, Indy, Cincy, Cleveland...??? ND would win everytime but you wouldn't hear about it because It would be a ND/MI/PSU battle... w/ the recruit also having an outlier UDub offer.

Now imagine if ND was in Orange Co. CA... World domination. After 10 straight National Championships, the SEC would go FCS to get away from the SoCal Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                            ND should lose the vast majority of them because they only compete with Sir Lake in the PAC footprint. I think they have 4-5 guys from outside the footprint and they are all TX guys.

The closest ND can go head to head with UDub is someone like Phillip Riley who lived in WA for a bit then moved. And they won that one too. If Washington came to Chicago, Indy, Cincy, Cleveland...??? ND would win everytime but you wouldn't hear about it because It would be a ND/MI/PSU battle... w/ the recruit also having an outlier UDub offer.

Now imagine if ND was in Orange Co. CA... World domination. After 10 straight National Championships, the SEC would go FCS to get away from the SoCal Irish.
                                                                            So true. But somehow ND fans have conditioned themselves that having perspective with regards to recruiting is just an excuse. Most of those guys are Pac 12 kids, from Pac 12 parents, who grew up watching Pac 12 football.

Comment

• #40
                                                                              So true. But somehow ND fans have conditioned themselves that having perspective with regards to recruiting is just an excuse. Most of those guys are Pac 12 kids, from Pac 12 parents, who grew up watching Pac 12 football.
                                                                              Most EVERYWHERE outside of Chicagoland & Indiana, ND is going to finish 2nd or 3rd. That's the blessing and curse ND has being the most National P5 program in the country. No one's in more recruitments from coast to coast and no one "loses" more. Goes with the model/

Comment

• #41
                                                                                Unsure if it matters but Huffman, the other West Coast ace at 247, put in an 8 CB for ND. Sinclair did as well.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  When is he supposed to announce?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    Should be 1 est

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout this journey. I’ll be committing tomorrow at 10:00am. Tune in!</p>&mdash; Chance Tucker (@ChanceTucker7) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChanceTucker7/status/1285671674554327040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      They land Chance, and I have to say, the "star power" might not be there between all the CB recruits, but they have identified and landed the dudes that they wanted, and I don't think you can complain. They are all physical corners with decent length who can really stick to the guys they cover. They all play their man exceptionally well and they play the ball in the air pretty well too.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        They land Chance, and I have to say, the "star power" might not be there between all the CB recruits, but they have identified and landed the dudes that they wanted, and I don't think you can complain. They are all physical corners with decent length who can really stick to the guys they cover. They all play their man exceptionally well and they play the ball in the air pretty well too.
                                                                                        Can't wait to watch them play 7 yards off the LOS on 3rd and 3!

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                          Can't wait to watch them play 7 yards off the LOS on 3rd and 3!
                                                                                          Haha! These last three years compared to most of the previous 15 (with a couple of exceptions, including 2012), leave very little to complain about on defense.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            This DB class will certainly be up there for me. Probably for most. Obviously the Pride, Love, Elliot class is the best of the Kelly era, so far, for production. Will be fun to compare.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              Hopefully we get some good news here within an hour.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                https://youtu.be/-crgQGdpZR0

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">100% COMMITTED!!☘️ <a href="https://t.co/a4ftSiZsTD">pic.twitter.com/a4ftSiZsTD</a></p>&mdash; Chance Tucker (@ChanceTucker7) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChanceTucker7/status/1285983002078572544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X