Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 TN OLB Prince Kollie (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '21 TN OLB Prince Kollie (Notre Dame Signee)

Outside Linebacker

Jonesborough, TN
    David Crockett

Measurements:
    Ht: 6'1"
    Wt: 200

Rankings:
    247...................3*.....88..........Nat: NR.....St: 12.....Pos: 33
    247comp...........3*.....8884.......Nat: 357.....St: 10.....Pos: 25
    ESPN.................4*.....83..........Nat: 211.....St: 5.....Pos: 22
    Rivals................3*.....5.6..........Nat: NR.....St: 19.....Pos: 57

Offers:
    Army
    Auburn
    Austin Peay
    Boston College
    Charlotte
    Coastal Carolina
    East Tennessee State
    Florida State
    Georgia
    Georgia Tech
    Indiana
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Liberty
    Louisville
    Marshall
    Memphis
    Michigan State
    Middle Tennessee State
    Mississippi State
    North Carolina State
    Notre Dame
    Oklahoma
    Ole Miss
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Tulane
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Wake Forest
    West Virginia

Recruiter:
    Clark Lea

Highlights:
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9889310...dd490dfc65caac
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 12-16-2020, 07:50 AM.
    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">God is good yesterday, today, and forever����<br>Blessed and Humbled To Say I’ve Received An Offer From The University of Notre Dame!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Coach_Lea?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Coach_Lea</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanCallahan247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RyanCallahan 247</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/youngballcoach_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@youngballcoa ch_</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/k_rams10_52?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@k_rams10_52</a> <a href="https://t.co/locM96TcZ5">pic.twitter.com/locM96TcZ5</a></p>&mdash; Prince Kollie (@p_kollie_21) <a href="https://twitter.com/p_kollie_21/status/1262118848666501121?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

From the 2021 master thread. Thanks Luckylucci.
    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Unsure if it’s a good thing or not that one of those is not like the others. I want to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
        Unsure if itís a good thing or not that one of those is not like the others. I want to believe.
        We all can dream, lol.

Comment

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I think Lea really likes this kid. I know I do.
          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Lea’s all in here and is giving it the effort. We’ll see if that works.

Comment

Tennessee not being in the top 5 is cool. UGA is 4hr, Louisville 5hr then ND is 8h30m. So I donít think itíll be home town U. Hopefully Lea can pull this off.

Comment

Unsure if itís a good thing or not that one of those is not like the others. I want to believe.
                We see that quite often. Fingers crossed.

Comment

actually two, unless you think L'ville is a top 10 power.

Comment

Loy with the CB

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                      Loy with the CB
                      Freeman did too on ISD. Singer might be putting one in at 11 am when he publishes the gold standard but we'll see.

Comment

"Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                        --Samuel L

Comment

This would be pretty big.

Just a few weeks ago they were saying they didn't know if Prince really knew what ND had to offer over the competition and Louisville was trending.

This is a guy who should definitely outplay his three star rating.

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk
                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

He's a 4* on 247 and in the composite now

<iframe class="twofourseven-embed" title="Player Embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameBorder="0" width="600" height="200" src="https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Prince-Kollie-at-David-Crockett-243817/Embed/"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charSet="utf-8"></script>
                            Prehistoric

Comment

Love his film, how is this guy a 3*, because of his height? Dude flys to the ball and hits like a truck!
                              " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

This would be a huge addition to the class. Lea really likes this young man.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Last week I said I was kicking around the idea of putting this pick in.<br><br>Went ahead and tossed in a new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> pick on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. Would be a huge get for the Irish.<br><br>The latest on the prediction: <a href="https://t.co/N12GY0vP3w">https://t.co/N12GY0vP3w</a> (VIP)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IrishIllustrated?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >#IrishIllustrated</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@247Sports</a> <a href="https://t.co/FQICGQ4B0E">pic.twitter.com/FQICGQ4B0E</a></p>&mdash; Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/1290253242530582528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

I understand the increasing appeal of Louisville under Satterfield, but it would pretty much be unacceptable to lose a high priority recruit like Kollie to them. I say this as someone who rolls his eyes when I see people take an elitist approach to ND recruiting and act like kids who chose a different school are immature, etc. We have way to much to sell for this particular recruitment.

I mean, the only LB recruit in two cycles? A Clark Lea defense that seemingly is a perfect fit for him? Plus, Lea and Kollie have that Tennessee connection. Not everyone is going to want what ND has to offer, but there are an overwhelming amount of football reasons to chose ND here, in addition to everything else that we know and love about the school.

Comment

If I am Kollie, I am asking, "Who is going to be my position coach in 2 years?". Lea is gonna be gone soon and this is a 4 year decision.

On the flip side I hope he goes Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                      If I am Kollie, I am asking, "Who is going to be my position coach in 2 years?". Lea is gonna be gone soon and this is a 4 year decision.

On the flip side I hope he goes Irish.
                                      How often do position coaches stay at big time program for 3-4 years? Possible they get promo'd to DC, but I think Kollie would know that turnover is high for pos coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                                        How often do position coaches stay at big time program for 3-4 years? Possible they get promo'd to DC, but I think Kollie would know that turnover is high for pos coaches.
                                        Hell, how often do position coaches at small time programs stick around the full 4 years? And you got to figure every kid in the 2021 class knows they're effectively committing to play for Kelly's successor. The offensive recruits were pretty vocal when Chip was let go that they committed to a school, not a coach. I think ND does a good job of drilling that into them.

And there is the minor factor that Lea is somewhat likely to still being coaching at ND in four years...

Comment

I see Coach Lea there for at least 3 more years, pay him to keep him!

Comment

Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
                                            Hell, how often do position coaches at small time programs stick around the full 4 years? And you got to figure every kid in the 2021 class knows they're effectively committing to play for Kelly's successor. The offensive recruits were pretty vocal when Chip was let go that they committed to a school, not a coach. I think ND does a good job of drilling that into them.

And there is the minor factor that Lea is somewhat likely to still being coaching at ND in four years...
                                            Are they though? Because I thought the word is that Kelly wants to coach through Buchner's time at ND. Not surprising as that would be the best shot he'll have at a title run QB-wise.

Comment

They’ll finalize Kelly’s extension when the time is appropriate and the plan was to have him here through this class. Haven’t heard or read anything different as of today.
                                              Last edited by Luckylucci; 08-04-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Wiltfong with a CB.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                  Wiltfong with a CB.
                                                  A 9 rating too! Hopefully we close the deal on PK.

Comment

Based on this, I'd guess he's the upcoming mystery commit.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                      Based on this, I'd guess he's the upcoming mystery commit.
                                                      I share that sentiment.

Comment

Where will this class rank if indeed Rocco and Prince join the fray? Would it be somewhere in top 10 nationally?

Comment

Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                                          Where will this class rank if indeed Rocco and Prince join the fray? Would it be somewhere in top 10 nationally?
                                                          Based on the class calculator we'd have 244.47 pts which would be good for 10th just behind NC.

With that said, the way numbers are trending, this class will not finish there. The numbers will just be too low.

Comment

gimme the quality
                                                            I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Here was Loy's article on "What If" from yesterday. What our class rank might look like under different scenarios.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...5/#149813895_1

Comment

Is he being looked at as a future MIKE or BUCK, or is he a ROVER? He has a smaller frame that is already pretty jacked up. Is he a Coney or a JOK?

Comment

Originally posted by CanadalovesND View Post
                                                                  Is he being looked at as a future MIKE or BUCK, or is he a ROVER? He has a smaller frame that is already pretty jacked up. Is he a Coney or a JOK?
                                                                  He is a Buck, just on the athleticism and size alone. A guy that is going to be that big and cover is a Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadalovesND View Post
                                                                    I'd expect he takes the traditional path of Rover to Buck.

Comment

We've faired well recently with lbs with his skill set and body type
                                                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Based on the class calculator we'd have 244.47 pts which would be good for 10th just behind NC.

With that said, the way numbers are trending, this class will not finish there. The numbers will just be too low.
                                                                        I look at the rank per recruit not the overall because some schools just have so many damn recruits. Early on I measure folks with 5 or more and now I am around 10+ recruits. I see who has more than that and what is their average recruit rank. We were #10 last time I looked on 247.

It lets you know the quality of the people coming in versus the amount.
                                                                        I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

WE don't have the roster "churn" that many other schools do so we will take a lower # of recruits over a four year period than they will without having less players (we seem to have figured out how to get to, and stay at 85). So we may have as talented a roster as some schools consistently rated ahead of us. And a more veteran group as well since they are replacing most of the players who leave with more incoming freshman.

Then there's Bama, Clemson, Ga, and Bucknuts who sign a much higher average rating so even if they churn through a bunch of guys they are still more talented than everybody else including ND.

Comment

Singer and Sinclair now. Break out Dino!

Comment

• #40
                                                                              Are we thinking Rover here? Or can he get up to 230 and play Mike? His sideline-to-sideline speed looks elite.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                Are we thinking Rover here? Or can he get up to 230 and play Mike? His sideline-to-sideline speed looks elite.
                                                                                As Lucky said Rover to Buck

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  No high-fives from teammates in his highlight vid.

Kids a jerk.

Trade the pick.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    Idk. I see this kid as more Buck to possibly Mike.

IF he joins the 2021 ND class he will be the most underrated recruit on defense. I know he is a top 300 recruit but he should be a consensus top 200 recruit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      I gave up on trying to predict where the LBs will play. I thought Liufau, Kiser and Simon were all nailed on to be rovers at one point and idk if any of them lasted more than a few practices there.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                                        I gave up on trying to predict where the LBs will play. I thought Liufau, Kiser and Simon were all nailed on to be rovers at one point and idk if any of them lasted more than a few practices there.
                                                                                        I think Simon's weight gain (and height) took him out of the Rover spot. Purely my opinion, but I think we simply have a bunch of guys that could play Rover or Buck, and a bunch that can play Buck or Mike. Kiser should stay at Rover though IMO.
                                                                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                          I think Simon's weight gain (and height) took him out of the Rover spot. Purely my opinion, but I think we simply have a bunch of guys that could play Rover or Buck, and a bunch that can play Buck or Mike. Kiser should stay at Rover though IMO.
                                                                                          Kiser played both Buck and Rover in the only spring practice. If JOK leaves after this year, only Moala and probably Kollie would be there. I hope Kiser stays at Rover too, we have plenty of Buck options.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            Kiser played both Buck and Rover in the only spring practice. If JOK leaves after this year, only Moala and probably Kollie would be there. I hope Kiser stays at Rover too, we have plenty of Buck options.
                                                                                            Just spit-balling, but other than the 2 deep at Mike (Bauer and White), and JOK, I think they're still trying to find the other 3 for the two deep. At Mike, I could see White or Bauer starting depending on the O we are facing. JOK could start at Rover or Buck, but makes most sense at Rover. Moala is limited as far as LB goes to just Rover. Buck seems to have the most ?s, so perhaps they are trying to find a path for Kiser to get on the field a bit more. I think Kiser's ceiling is higher than Moala's at Rover though, especially vs the run. Like you though, I hope Kiser sticks at Rover, but wouldn't be upset if he emerged at Buck. I could see them moving Marist around too.

Just another year of the LB-shuffle lol.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              Kiser showed up at 229 this summer.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                                Kiser showed up at 229 this summer.
                                                                                                Any impact to speed?

I'm assuming it's good weight on a 6-2 frame.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X