Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 TN OLB Prince Kollie (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
    He's already got a wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Kollie
    Whoever made the page has created pages for a lot of SEC recruits or one time SEC recruits. Lots of Georgia players, Auburn, Tenn, Kentucky, and a handful of big recruits that ended up elsewhere like tOSU, Oklahoma, etc. Probably a fan of an SEC team that figured Kollie would wind up there.

Comment

• Comment

• Do NOT thumb wrestle him Lo!

You ever thumb wrestle a dinosaur kid? They can cause a variety of damages.

Comment

• Is Prince turning into SDE before our eyes?
          Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbar View Post
            Is Prince turning into SDE before our eyes?
            Yeah he doesnt look like he will be roving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

Comment

• Not the kinda guy you want to meet going across the middle.

Comment

• When fall camp starts it will be interesting to read how his progression is coming along. I don't see Kollie redshirting as a freshman.

Comment

• It seems pretty clear there will nothing physically holding him back from being in the rotation. It will be interesting to see how fast he picks things up. Or if Freeman gets him involved in ways he doesn’t have too.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                      When fall camp starts it will be interesting to read how his progression is coming along. I don't see Kollie redshirting as a freshman.
                      nope, he'll play. Maybe even at Mike.

Comment

It seems pretty clear there will nothing physically holding him back from being in the rotation. It will be interesting to see how fast he picks things up. Or if Freeman gets him involved in ways he doesn’t have too.
                        I think him being on the field for ND will be beneficial whether it is certain packages, a third down guy, or on special teams. Looking at the posted pictures, physically he doesn't look like a freshman.

Comment

• High praise from Drew White, not perfunctory.

He is both in awe of Kollie and smiles about what he will become, and is becoming right now.

Comment

• PK is a specimen, an all SEC stereo typical type player. Easy to be enamored by him. And he’s Irish!

Comment

• Comment

There's no way they keep him off the field this year, right?
                                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

There's no way they keep him off the field this year, right?
                                  He'll play special teams. I doubt there is a path to real playing time for him this year, besides injuries.

Comment

• Y'all are posting pictures like Koon lol

Comment

• I'm guessing the staff wasn't too pleased with what they saw on the rewatch this morning out of the linebackers.

Comment

• Don't think a Marist and Simon injury was how we envisioned Kollie getting PT but here we are

Comment

• Next man up, excited to see what Kollie can do.

I know about the Marist injury. What happened to Simon?

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                            Next man up, excited to see what Kollie can do.

I know about the Marist injury. What happened to Simon?
                                            Kelly said in his press conference that he's getting an MRI today. I think he said that he believes it is a strain (on what I don't know), but the MRI is to make certain.

Comment

• Simon will get an MRI on his shoulder.

Comment

• You still have 4 veterans at LB, but all of them are either small or unathletic. Which means you have to get Kollie ready to go, and have to really lean on Pryor as your hybrid.

I’ve got a lot of faith in White and Bauer but neither has the sideline to sideline speed you want to defend some of these teams like USC and Cinci.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                  You still have 4 veterans at LB, but all of them are either small or unathletic. Which means you have to get Kollie ready to go, and have to really lean on Pryor as your hybrid.

I’ve got a lot of faith in White and Bauer but neither has the sideline to sideline speed you want to defend some of these teams like USC and Cinci.
                                                  They are scrappy, gamers with high motors. Real gritty and sneaky athletic types kids. You know, gym rats with high IQs.
                                                  "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• It wasn't too long after he talked about Kollie when Kelly was asked about the tackling errors. He proceeded to give a short version of why Freeman's defense is more complicated than Lea's was. So it'll be a pretty big leap for Kollie (my opinion) to pick it up this quick. Hence the Kellyspeak about "trust". They have to trust he'll get his assignments right.

Drew White brought back flashbacks of Joe Schmidt to me last night. No wonder I couldn't sleep. And Bauer made no plays, very unlike him.

Comment

• Alright, let’s get it Prince. Your time is now.

Comment

• They gotta lean on Kiser and Bertrand more as well. Maybe see more dollar D too.

Comment

• That Liufau injury is so much worse that what some thought. He would’ve made a big difference in last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                            He proceeded to give a short version of why Freeman's defense is more complicated than Lea's was.
                                                            Whoa whoa whoa, hold up now. I'm gonna call BS on this. Wasn't the whole sell on MF's defense that it's more simple, and not at all complex? Letting athletes be athletes, fly to the ball, etc? Sounds like BK is being a revisionist to me...

Comment

• Officially on the two deep at Will linebacker on this week's depth chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

Whoa whoa whoa, hold up now. I'm gonna call BS on this. Wasn't the whole sell on MF's defense that it's more simple, and not at all complex? Letting athletes be athletes, fly to the ball, etc? Sounds like BK is being a revisionist to me...
                                                                I believe Freeman’s is more complex pre-snap but requires less decision-making once the play begins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                                  Officially on the two deep at Will linebacker on this week's depth chart.
                                                                  Very excited but also very nervous. Let’s hope he gets a lot of snaps this week as we blow the doors off Toledo in the first half.

Comment

Very excited but also very nervous. Let’s hope he gets a lot of snaps this week as we blow the doors off Toledo in the first half.
                                                                    Hoping this will be Prince's "Jack Kiser USF" game type of coming out party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post

I believe Freeman’s is more complex pre-snap but requires less decision-making once the play begins.
                                                                      So BVG's defense?

Comment

• Freeman likes to do things pre-snap to confuse the offense. I think a few interesting thing with FSU is A) Travis, how much confusing did he need? I doubt he’s doing much reading anyways B) Norvell has experience versus Freeman. So you had some uncertainty to some extent with Travis and then Milton coming in + a play caller with more familiarity than we will normally face and more time since Week 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                          Freeman likes to do things pre-snap to confuse the offense. I think a few interesting thing with FSU is A) Travis, how much confusing did he need? I doubt he’s doing much reading anyways B) Norvell has experience versus Freeman. So you had some uncertainty to some extent with Travis and then Milton coming in + a play caller with more familiarity than we will normally face and more time since Week 1
                                                                          I think B would be our biggest issue against FSU, or maybe that’s 1B, and 2B, with 2B being getting our players up to speed on the new scheme. I’ll add to that C) being lack of critical players, and maybe one of the most important, D) the entire environment in Tallahassee, heat, humidity, noise. We were not intended to win. But we did!

Comment

• Originally posted by WilliamWallace View Post

I think B would be our biggest issue against FSU, or maybe that’s 1B, and 2B, with 2B being getting our players up to speed on the new scheme. I’ll add to that C) being lack of critical players, and maybe one of the most important, D) the entire environment in Tallahassee, heat, humidity, noise. We were not intended to win. But we did!
                                                                            "environment, heat, humidity noise..."

And officiating.

Comment

• Safe to assume he’s in Covid protocol? I didn’t see any mention of injuries, just that he’s not available this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilliamWallace View Post
                                                                                Safe to assume he’s in Covid protocol? I didn’t see any mention of injuries, just that he’s not available this weekend.
                                                                                Irish Illustrated podcast from this week said it was COVID.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post

Irish Illustrated podcast from this week said it was COVID.
                                                                                  Ok, thank you

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X