Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 LA RB Logan Diggs (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
    LSU is a dumpster fire, yet they sign two of the top 7 RBs in the class. We are undefeated, likely headed to the CFP for the 2nd time in three years as well as home to a very serious Joe Moore award-contending OL. Uet we can't manage a single fucking RB in the class. Unreal.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    yeah it pisses me off too, it's just bad recruiting. as much as we all wanted Will Shipley ND never should have put all their eggs into one basket. also Estime is the 7th ranked RB in the class according to rivals and doesn't get an offer until last month, really. they gave diggs an offer way back when but not estime, doesn't make sense. even go back to the 2018 class when they landed c'bo and j. smith that's after averaging almost 300 yards for most of the season.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
      LSU is a dumpster fire, yet they sign two of the top 7 RBs in the class. We are undefeated, likely headed to the CFP for the 2nd time in three years as well as home to a very serious Joe Moore award-contending OL. Uet we can't manage a single fucking RB in the class. Unreal.

      Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
      Yeah makes no sense. ND seems like such a real shot at stepping up in life for a lot of these athletes to me.

      LSU is barely a university academic wise yet they attract talent out the wazoo. Call it local passion. Call it utter disregard for academic expectations. Call it the appearance of the locals. Call it the bagmen. I dont know. Makes no sense to me either.

      Some people are just conditioned to not seek to challenge themselves in ways other than what they already excel at. Maybe a school like ND intimidates those who arent the most cerebral students. Maybe they think they will fail or have to work uphill their whole time in school. Face it, when you live in Louisiana and are a stud among that pool of talent, you dont have to do much of anything and you get through the system fine. That is until you become an adult and realize your only job opportunities reside in $15 or less an hourly wage.

      Comment


      • LSU puts RBs in the NFL. Dexter Williams, Prosise, and Riddick are the only three drafted since Julius Jones.

        Fournette, 2017 1st round
        Guice, 2018 2nd round
        CEH, 2020 1st round
        Last edited by irishfan; 12-17-2020, 12:17 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
          Yeah makes no sense. ND seems like such a real shot at stepping up in life for a lot of these athletes to me.

          LSU is barely a university academic wise yet they attract talent out the wazoo. Call it local passion. Call it utter disregard for academic expectations. Call it the appearance of the locals. Call it the bagmen. I dont know. Makes no sense to me either.

          Some people are just conditioned to not seek to challenge themselves in ways other than what they already excel at. Maybe a school like ND intimidates those who arent the most cerebral students. Maybe they think they will fail or have to work uphill their whole time in school. Face it, when you live in Louisiana and are a stud among that pool of talent, you dont have to do much of anything and you get through the system fine. That is until you become an adult and realize your only job opportunities reside in $15 or less an hourly wage.
          it's like that ohio state football player said a few years back, he went to OSU to play football and I didn't come here to play no school.

          Comment


          • Two Words: Bag Man.

            ... funny how the Nation's Number One and those other guys snub their nose at Bama et al.

            Comment


            • Leaving it up to the coaches here, but my hope is that he signs with ND and the other kid does too.

              To see what has transpired this season with the ND running game, you'd have to be crazy not to want to come to ND as an RB. Diggs would have Estime complimenting him as well.

              If he wants to stay home, so be it, but let the coaches decide whether to pull the plug or not.
              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tussin View Post
                If you are a RB on Notre Dame and can’t bag a smokeshow then the problem is you, not ND. The appeal of SEC girls is for the NARPs like me who can’t compete in a small pond.
                But if you're a RB who wants a new smoke-show weekly, ND is a tough place... Probably run through all 4 classes in a a few months lol. Not every playa is like Book who is good with 2 in 5 years...
                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                Comment


                • Some growing optimism at 247 that Diggs sticks with ND.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                    Some growing optimism at 247 that Diggs sticks with ND.
                    I would hope so.
                    Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • Maverick what say you can we get a Mav Bomb??

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by irishfan View Post
                        LSU puts RBs in the NFL. Dexter Williams, Prosise, and Riddick are the only three drafted since Julius Jones.

                        Fournette, 2017 1st round
                        Guice, 2018 2nd round
                        CEH, 2020 1st round
                        Jeremy Hill
                        Spencer Ware
                        Steven Ridely
                        Joseph Addai

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Domina Nostra View Post
                          Also, ND is hard. LSU is not.
                          My godmother’s niece was a tutor for the football team while attending graduate school at LSU. She said there were at least 10 players on the team that were “functionally illiterate.” This was in the late ‘90’s.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                            Some growing optimism at 247 that Diggs sticks with ND.
                            How does optimism play out on a Notre Dame Football message board?

                            Asking for a Catholic guilt riddled friend.
                            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                              But if you're a RB who wants a new smoke-show weekly, ND is a tough place... Probably run through all 4 classes in a a few months lol. Not every playa is like Book who is good with 2 in 5 years...
                              It's all about the townie market. There's no shortage of talent coming out of the smaller towns of St Joe and Elkhart counties.

                              Comment


                              • I’m of two minds on this. He may be getting incredible pull to stay home. So RMD is him saying back off.

                                On the other hand why not sign now and dispel all doubt.
                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                  I’m of two minds on this. He may be getting incredible pull to stay home. So RMD is him saying back off.

                                  On the other hand why not sign now and dispel all doubt.
                                  Not that I have any reason to believe this. I was thinking what if there is some school work to do?
                                  Last edited by NDdomer2; 01-11-2021, 01:22 PM.
                                  Prehistoric

                                  Comment


                                  • Really hoping for a signature here. Secure a verbal from LSU and pip them for a big coaching hire inside of a month?

                                    Doesn't get much better.
                                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                    Comment


                                    • A lot of confidence from the ND paid sites.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                        A lot of confidence from the ND paid sites.
                                        Good to hear. His pinned Tweet is still his verbal commitment to ND.

                                        Their new OC hire should be interesting, but I still wonder if the hammer comes down in some way down there with the dark clouds hovering near that program at the moment.
                                        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                        Comment


                                        • <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/38Sm41NIjfw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                          What did Davonte do?

                                          Comment


                                          • Yep, still committed.

                                            Comment


                                            • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">National Signing Day is right around the corner and there are a few key offensive prospects still unsigned<br><br>Predictions on some of the South&#39;s best: <a href="https://t.co/V9nCHlGEn1">https://t.co/V9nCHlGEn1</a> <a href="https://t.co/OBzr7yk2BE">pic.twitter.com/OBzr7yk2BE</a></p>&mdash; Sam Spiegelman (@samspiegs) <a href="https://twitter.com/samspiegs/status/1355208402419539971?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                              The headline is misleading. No decision made yet:

                                              LSU flips the switch on longtime Notre Dame commitment

                                              Logan Diggs has remained true to his commitment to Notre Dame before and after the Early Signing Window in December. As Feb. 3 inches closer and closer, the Louisiana three-star running back continues to go back and forth about his future, but it's clear that it's down to LSU or the Irish with time running out.

                                              Terry Joseph, who recruited Diggs to Notre Dame, has since taken a position on the Texas coaching staff. That has led Diggs to explore his opportunities in nearby Baton Rouge, where Joseph's cousin, assistant head coach Mickey Joseph, is helping to court him alongside running backs coach Kevin Faulk. To Diggs, it comes down to leaving his home state and giving South Bend a chance or staying put at a school that's popular with his friends and family.

                                              While the Irish have been able to hold off the Tigers for weeks, Diggs' decision carries a ton of weight and the LSU staff has refused to slow down. It'll be a challenge for Notre Dame to fight off LSU until the end.
                                              What did Davonte do?

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">National Signing Day is right around the corner and there are a few key offensive prospects still unsigned<br><br>Predictions on some of the South's best: <a href="https://t.co/V9nCHlGEn1">https://t.co/V9nCHlGEn1</a> <a href="https://t.co/OBzr7yk2BE">pic.twitter.com/OBzr7yk2BE</a></p>&mdash; Sam Spiegelman (@samspiegs) <a href="https://twitter.com/samspiegs/status/1355208402419539971?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                The headline is misleading. No decision made yet:
                                                Rumors he actually signed his LOI with ND and is trying to get out of it.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                                  Rumors he actually signed his LOI with ND and is trying to get out of it.
                                                  There's been enough coded talk that I'd be shocked if he hadn't already signed. Whether or not he actually tries to get out of it, we'll see.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                    There's been enough coded talk that I'd be shocked if he hadn't already signed. Whether or not he actually tries to get out of it, we'll see.
                                                    At least a "sick grandma" would make a lot more sense than Eddie Vanderdoes lol

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Maybe it is best he stays home? These types of recruiting situations tend to not stick around long and could be more trouble then they are worth. Good talent, but it would not be the end of the world if he stays home.

                                                      Good luck kid!

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">National Signing Day is right around the corner and there are a few key offensive prospects still unsigned<br><br>Predictions on some of the South's best: <a href="https://t.co/V9nCHlGEn1">https://t.co/V9nCHlGEn1</a> <a href="https://t.co/OBzr7yk2BE">pic.twitter.com/OBzr7yk2BE</a></p>&mdash; Sam Spiegelman (@samspiegs) <a href="https://twitter.com/samspiegs/status/1355208402419539971?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                        The headline is misleading. No decision made yet:
                                                        I don't see how the fact Joseph is gone impacts this at all. yea maybe he has ties to the area, but he's not even his position coach so that has little to no impact imo....maybe i'm wrong, but this is out of proportion.
                                                        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Lol can't wait to see him put up 175 yds and 2 TDs for LSU in the CFP 2 years from now
                                                          “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                          ― Hyman G. Rickover

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by NDVirginia19 View Post
                                                            Lol can't wait to see him put up 175 yds and 2 TDs for LSU in the CFP 2 years from now
                                                            Nah, Joe Burrow and Joe Brady aren't walking through that door for LSU again.

                                                            They caught lightning in a bottle. Coach O is a great personality... but I think he was the beneficiary of extremely good fortune and timing last year.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">National Signing Day is right around the corner and there are a few key offensive prospects still unsigned<br><br>Predictions on some of the South's best: <a href="https://t.co/V9nCHlGEn1">https://t.co/V9nCHlGEn1</a> <a href="https://t.co/OBzr7yk2BE">pic.twitter.com/OBzr7yk2BE</a></p>&mdash; Sam Spiegelman (@samspiegs) <a href="https://twitter.com/samspiegs/status/1355208402419539971?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                              The headline is misleading. No decision made yet:
                                                              Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                              I don't see how the fact Joseph is gone impacts this at all. yea maybe he has ties to the area, but he's not even his position coach so that has little to no impact imo....maybe i'm wrong, but this is out of proportion.
                                                              Think maybe taking article a bit more seriously then intended. I read it as just a fun what could happen predictions type article

                                                              It’d likely be $ if was meant to be more IMO
                                                              Last edited by Dale; 01-29-2021, 02:36 PM.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                                                Rumors he actually signed his LOI with ND and is trying to get out of it.
                                                                If this is true, I have zero problem tearing it up and moving on. I hope it isn't but in a situation like this why even force the issue.
                                                                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                                  If this is true, I have zero problem tearing it up and moving on. I hope it isn't but in a situation like this why even force the issue.
                                                                  This if true. ND will be fine regardless.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • If it's true we need to have a hard look at running back recruiting and come up with a better plan.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by Valpodoc85 View Post
                                                                      If it's true we need to have a hard look at running back recruiting and come up with a better plan.
                                                                      3 cycles in a row with a 4 star RB. Kyren, Tyree, and Estime is hardly something that needs to be torn down and redone. From 2 months ago we basically lost the worst player and added a better one. If this holds true. I think we tend to get too wrapped up in ‘losing’ recruitments to realize this.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • I agree Simone should not get fired for this cycle but a hard look at recruiting wins and losses can only help for the future. We have had a run of “good” backs but none have been elite

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • ND can't counter and offer him more?

                                                                          We got Freeman, they get Diggs, I am happy. But at the same time I hate it when they sign and think there are zero consequences. College prepares for life, you sign your name you stick to your signature and let me play stick you on every special teams unit until you transfer.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by Valpodoc85 View Post
                                                                            I agree Simone should not get fired for this cycle but a hard look at recruiting wins and losses can only help for the future. We have had a run of “good” backs but none have been elite
                                                                            How many guys in the country would you take over Kyren?

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post
                                                                              ND can't counter and offer him more?

                                                                              We got Freeman, they get Diggs, I am happy. But at the same time I hate it when they sign and think there are zero consequences. College prepares for life, you sign your name you stick to your signature and let me play stick you on every special teams unit until you transfer.
                                                                              On one hand I hear you. On the other hand coaches are subject to absolutely zero responsibility to stick to their word when they sign something, so why would we treat players differently? Heck, lots of coaches change jobs twice in one offseason (s/a manny diaz), which is the analogous situation.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                                                                Rumors he actually signed his LOI with ND and is trying to get out of it.
                                                                                This is true, and he is most likely going to be released from it by ND.
                                                                                Last edited by IrishLax; 01-30-2021, 05:09 PM. Reason: Autocorrect typo

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                  This so true, and he is most likely going to be released from it by ND.
                                                                                  Why wouldn’t ND grant the release? If he doesn’t want in, then let him go do his thing. I don’t want to start a trend by no means but this commitment has seemed shaky from the jump. Let’s just part ways and be done.
                                                                                  Last edited by Irish2155; 01-30-2021, 01:54 PM.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by House16 View Post
                                                                                    On one hand I hear you. On the other hand coaches are subject to absolutely zero responsibility to stick to their word when they sign something, so why would we treat players differently? Heck, lots of coaches change jobs twice in one offseason (s/a manny diaz), which is the analogous situation.
                                                                                    I'm sure I am in the minority but, for me, totally separate issues. A coach is doing this as a career. Not many people would turn down a job transfer if you get a raise, better benefits, more room for advancement, etc. A student-athlete should be picking which SCHOOL is best to get him the degree he wants to be successful in life and not which coach he wants. This is where the trouble lies between what college football should be and what it is becoming. It should NOT be the NFL developmental league. Again, JMO and I am sure others will disagree but I do not like losing the true intent of "student-athlete".

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                                      I'm sure I am in the minority but, for me, totally separate issues. A coach is doing this as a career. Not many people would turn down a job transfer if you get a raise, better benefits, more room for advancement, etc. A student-athlete should be picking which SCHOOL is best to get him the degree he wants to be successful in life and not which coach he wants. This is where the trouble lies between what college football should be and what it is becoming. It should NOT be the NFL developmental league. Again, JMO and I am sure others will disagree but I do not like losing the true intent of "student-athlete".
                                                                                      Idk I like the angle you’re coming from in an ideal world, but that hasn’t been the case for 50 years. CFB is unequivocally the NFL’s developmental league already and has been for a long time. And, the term student-athlete was literally created to avoid paying players, not with some lofty ideal about scholarship and athletics.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Yea, try hard to get him to see why he should here and if that doesn’t work then see ya later. He’s a good player but they we’ve got a good group of RB’s on or coming to campus and the staff seems to be in a good spot in 22’. I also think the expanded RB board means they are preparing to take 2. I’m really optimistic about them getting two good backs.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • It's a shame we haven't been able to turn the massive success of our NFL caliber offensive line that we've had for a decade into as much NFL success at the Running back position. Probably the biggest thing hurting our recruiting at the position, but I think Kyren Williams will be a top 5 back taken in 2022 and hopefully change that.
                                                                                          “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                                                          ― Hyman G. Rickover

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • watch Diggs spend about 2 weeks at RB and then get moved to OLB (if he goes to LSU)

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • It would be good to get a foot in the door at some of the Louisiana catholic schools which would arguably be the worst part of this if he bounces. Seen some posters on other boards point out how he tweeted some fairly childish stuff right after Estime was offered, and during the semifinal, which doesn't scream great teammate. I don't wanna put too much stock in what some seventeen year old does on social media but it makes you go hmm.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                                                I'm sure I am in the minority but, for me, totally separate issues. A coach is doing this as a career. Not many people would turn down a job transfer if you get a raise, better benefits, more room for advancement, etc. A student-athlete should be picking which SCHOOL is best to get him the degree he wants to be successful in life and not which coach he wants. This is where the trouble lies between what college football should be and what it is becoming. It should NOT be the NFL developmental league. Again, JMO and I am sure others will disagree but I do not like losing the true intent of "student-athlete".
                                                                                                I agree on the coach part. Its a job universally known to change over time. When a coach leave its typically because of promotion. But in regard to the player, I hate using the phrase but "it is what it is". And what "it" is, is THE NFL development league. "Student-Athlete" sounds good but most really are not students of anything anymore besides football.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • Originally posted by House16 View Post
                                                                                                  Idk I like the angle you’re coming from in an ideal world, but that hasn’t been the case for 50 years. CFB is unequivocally the NFL’s developmental league already and has been for a long time. And, the term student-athlete was literally created to avoid paying players, not with some lofty ideal about scholarship and athletics.
                                                                                                  Well, for me the bolded is BS. First, you state is was created "to avoid paying students" without any proof and obviously it is just your opinion. Second, for most parents, including me who had a child receive a scholarship, to get a full ride to the equivalent of around $250,000 seems like a pretty good payment. Most athletes get to walk away from the university with a degree and no debt compared to most of his/her classmates that walk away with $50,000 to $150,000 of student loans.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                                                                                    Why wouldn’t ND grant the release? If he doesn’t want in, then let him go do his thing. I don’t want to start a trend by no means but this commitment has seemed shaky from the jump. Let’s just part ways and be done.
                                                                                                    It sounds like he hasn't fully made up his mind, but if he ultimately wants out ND isn't likely to force the issue. Been a developing situation for a few weeks. The reason not to do it is "precedent" but like... that's not a huge reason.

                                                                                                    All I'll say is what I said around NSD -- the odds of a wishy washy player from the deep south who can't decide if he wants to be here ultimately panning out is very small. So I'm not losing sleep on this either way.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                      All I'll say is what I said around NSD -- the odds of a wishy washy player from the deep south who can't decide if he wants to be here ultimately panning out is very small. So I'm not losing sleep on this either way.
                                                                                                      Yep. Rather lose him now than a year or two from now. Especially with the one-time free transfer rule.

                                                                                                      Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X