Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 LA RB Logan Diggs (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '21 LA RB Logan Diggs (Notre Dame Signee)

Running Back

Metairie, La
    Archbishop Rummel

Measurements:
    Ht: 6'0
    Wt: 195

Rankings:
    247...................3*.....89............Nat: NR.....St: 12.....Pos: 26
    247comp...........3*.....8735.........Nat: 477.....St: 13.....Pos: 32
    Espn..................NR.....NR..........Nat: NR.....St: NR.....Pos: NR
    Rivals................3*.....5.6...........Nat: NR.....St: 14.....Pos: 41

Offers:
    Arizona
    Arizona State
    Arkansas
    Arkansas State
    Colorado
    Houston
    Kansas
    Louisiana
    Louisiana Tech
    Louisville
    Memphis
    Michigan State
    Nebraska
    Nicholls State
    Notre Dame
    Oklahoma State
    Ole Miss
    Purdue
    SMU
    Southern Miss
    Texas State
    Tulane
    USC
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia

Highlights:
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9733041...812d0deca58efd
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-03-2021, 04:41 PM.
    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Come on down! Lol

Comment

Just watched his tape on 247. I hope this guy has a commitable offer.
      "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

PROS: Love how physical he is. Seemed to pull away from people in the open as well, something we need. Runs pretty hard. All good things.

CONS: Not very slippery and (I could be wrong) seems more of a hard 3-5 yard guy then a homerun hitter.

Based on the 4-5 back film/highlights I have watched in the last day or so, I would put him in my top 2-3, behind Alton McCaskill and T Cooley, and maybe even with Ervin (if we offer).
        " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
          PROS: Love how physical he is. Seemed to pull away from people in the open as well, something we need. Runs pretty hard. All good things.

CONS: Not very slippery and (I could be wrong) seems more of a hard 3-5 yard guy then a homerun hitter.

Based on the 4-5 back film/highlights I have watched in the last day or so, I would put him in my top 2-3, behind Alton McCaskill and T Cooley, and maybe even with Ervin (if we offer).

Haven't had a chance to watch yet, but this seems to contradictory.

Comment

Sorry, it does come across that way. Meant he pulls away from HS talent, but don't know if he will pull away from faster D1 guys
            I will have to watch again

Again, I watched the film 1X and that was my initial thought. I play by big boy rules, so if I am wrong, I am wrong.

Comment

I like Diggs film better then McCaskill. But McCaskill has a better offer list.
              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Either would be great, one is more physical, one is faster and more "slick". We just like the opposite guy a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                  I like Diggs film better then McCaskill. But McCaskill has a better offer list.
                  McCaskill = no Sparty offer. Do not want.

Comment

He initiates contact which you love to see. Some highlights of his blitz pickup which is a BK Bonus.

He does break away, but I don't think he has that ELITE gear. That said, he just has a way of being not caught (Adams-ish). I think he would be a very good RB.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">GREAT virtual visit with The University of Notre Dame! Thanks for having me <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a>☘️☘️..<br><br> <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachLT39?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachLT39</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/T_Rees11?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@T_Rees11</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/BrianPolian?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BrianPolian</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachBrianKelly?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachBrianKe lly</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/NDFootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NDFootball</a></p>&mdash; Logan Diggs (@logandiggs3) <a href="https://twitter.com/logandiggs3/status/1271200818025373696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Is there some traction here that hasn't been posted recently? I've been off ISD for a few weeks and noticed a random guy extremely high on Diggs committing soon.

Comment

There seems to be solid traction here but it doesn’t sound like a decision without visits.

Comment

Logan Diggs: The Ultimate Competitor, Decision-Maker & Mentor

Comment

Early buzz from Loy is USC

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’m about to make the biggest decision of my life..</p>&mdash; Logan Diggs (@logandiggs3) <a href="https://twitter.com/logandiggs3/status/1277319198545412096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                Early buzz from Loy is USC

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Iím about to make the biggest decision of my life..</p>&mdash; Logan Diggs (@logandiggs3) <a href="https://twitter.com/logandiggs3/status/1277319198545412096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                Not to be chicken little, but WTH is going on?

Comment

Huge Reggie Bush fan, lol.

They’re just identifying the wrong guys and spending too much time on them. Erik Olsen wanted to be in a TE class of 1. Unsure why it took so long to figure that out. Wasted time there. This kids idol is Reggie Bush. Said he’s the best display of a student athlete. You can’t make this shit up. But, I think these are things normally uncovered earlier and it’s bizarre we are getting deep into these recruitments and then finding this stuff out later.

Comment

It’s like opposing fans getting upset when Pat Coogan says he’s looking at all suitors and then commits to ND. They never had a shot.

Comment

Huge Reggie Bush fan, lol.

Theyíre just identifying the wrong guys and spending too much time on them. Erik Olsen wanted to be in a TE class of 1. Unsure why it took so long to figure that out. Wasted time there. This kids idol is Reggie Bush. Said heís the best display of a student athlete. You canít make this shit up. But, I think these are things normally uncovered earlier and itís bizarre we are getting deep into these recruitments and then finding this stuff out later.
                                      Youíre right, itís bizarre. 33 wins in 3 years and we are scraping.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                                        You’re right, it’s bizarre. 33 wins in 3 years and we are scraping.
                                        It's an organizational issue right now. It's really concerning IMO, because it's something that should have been obvious from the onset. Think of the dozens of time BK spouts off " I have been doing this for 30 years". Well, something as basic as recruiting prioritization and process flow (every program does it), shouldn't be an issue at this point in his career.

It very well could be certain guys on staff not pulling their weight. But as the HC, it falls on BK. I am just not convinced that they see the problem. Otherwise, I think they would have done something about it. They really miss Chip Long on the trail.

Comment

This Chip Long narrative is beyond ridiculous, IMO. The 2019 offensive skill class was terrible from a rankings perspective. Denson who was crushed by fans for his recruiting, had the best offensive skill player in RB Kyren Williams. There was only 1 player inside the top 500 and that was Kyren. Where was Long then?

And he gets credit for recruitments that he had little impact on.

Comment

This Chip Long narrative is beyond ridiculous, IMO. The 2019 offensive skill class was terrible from a rankings perspective. Denson who was crushed by fans for his recruiting, had the best offensive skill player in RB Kyren Williams. There was only 1 player inside the top 500 and that was Kyren. Where was Long then?

And he gets credit for recruitments that he had little impact on.
                                            Ok. Take him off the comment. But if that is what bothers you most about the discussion, that isn't a good sign.

Comment

This guy has less than one page Nd we freak out lol

Comment

Originally posted by NEIIrish View Post
                                                This guy has less than one page Nd we freak out lol
                                                I think it's more the fact that RB recruiting was bungled this year in a big way. They didn't have a plan outside of WS.

Comment

Rees offered and started the recruitment of Jordan Johnson.

https://www.reddit.com/r/notredamefo...tent=post_body

Denson recruiting Kevin Austin

https://slapthesign.com/2017/03/03/n...isit-and-more/

Rees was the guy for Buchner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                                    Ok. Take him off the comment. But if that is what bothers you most about the discussion, that isn't a good sign.
                                                    Ha, Iím the one that started these comments with the bizarre nature of current recruiting. No need to put words in my mouth. That part is just frustrating because itís lazy.

There clearly seems to be an organizational issue with the COVID recruiting. Itís on defense as well.

Comment

Ha, Iím the one that started these comments with the bizarre nature of current recruiting. No need to put words in my mouth. That part is just frustrating because itís lazy.

There clearly seems to be an organizational issue with the COVID recruiting. Itís on defense as well.
                                                      Do you think it's Polian? BK? Everyone? I see Taylor is busting his ass, but it seems shotgun like post Shipley. The OL approach has backfired a fair bit. The only place that I can say has rays of hope is Mickens.

Comment

If I had to comment on a singular name, I’d say Polian. Considering the same thing seems to be happening at a lot of positions, I think it’s a recruiting department issue. They don’t seem to be identifying the right targets or gathering the right information on these guys. Offering guys right before announcements. Seems disorganized. The Kelly blame should be that, as HC, he needs to see this problem and get to the bottom of it with Polian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                                          I think it's more the fact that RB recruiting was bungled this year in a big way. They didn't have a plan outside of WS.
                                                          100% agree with this statement. ND/Lance went all in on Will Shipley and we all know the end result with his recruitment.

What if the COVID was last year does Chris Tyree commit to ND? No I don't think he does.

Looking at the RB position it is a combination of Lance going all in on just 1 RB and the COVID.

The South Bend Tribune's headline in today's story about Diggs is that he is our top RB target now. If we don't get him, I say be done with the RB position for this class.

I don't think Polian is the issue here, let's not forget he helped get Manti here.

Chip Long could recruit but I think he got let go for internal issues, lets see what Tommy can do in a full year.

Comment

We are not going to get a running back are we?

Comment

At this rate we will be lucky to be in the top 20 of classes...and that's with a 5 star QB.

Comment

It depends on what you mean by "get a running back". Kelly has a pattern that includes recruiting wide receivers and defensive backs and then converting them to running backs in year 3, 4, or 5. So did we recruit a running back for 2021? We will have to wait until about 2024 or so to see which players have been converted to the running back position. Perhaps, there is another C.J. Procise waiting to be discovered. In the meantime, we need to hope Tyree rises to the challenge, remains eligible, and avoids injury.
                                                                Last edited by EddytoNow; 06-29-2020, 10:35 PM.

Comment

At this rate we will be lucky to be in the top 20 of classes...and that's with a 5 star QB.
                                                                  The avg. points of the teams that finished 20th in the composite rankings the last 4 cycles is 236.06 pts. ND is already at 200.

For all these comments I just don't think people take the time to understand how it all works. If ND adds TMA, it's approx. +13. Or they add Jayden Thomas it's approx. +17. They'll get to 240-250 pretty easily.

Comment

The avg. points of the teams that finished 20th in the composite rankings the last 4 cycles is 236.06 pts. ND is already at 200.

For all these comments I just don't think people take the time to understand how it all works. If ND adds TMA, it's approx. +13. Or they add Jayden Thomas it's approx. +17. They'll get to 240-250 pretty easily.
                                                                    not to mention this is not a standard recruiting cycle. when the visits finally start (?) flips will happened at a much higher rate than usual and we should be at the forefront.

that's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Comment

Its not a good class for RBs anyway. Kick the tyres on Abdul Rahman at RB this year with an eye to some time next year. I watched his film as a QB recently and he is a natural runner.

Comment

Maybe Iím being a bit dramatic...just seems like something has been off and Iím not sure if that can all be blamed on covid

Comment

Maybe Iím being a bit dramatic...just seems like something has been off and Iím not sure if that can all be blamed on covid
                                                                          But maybe it can all be blamed on Covid... ND is a school that needs to make its pitch because itís not the easy choice. In a year of craziness, where on-campus visits are not happening, the easier choice is more attractive.

Plus, we usually finish with around the 8th to 15th ranked class. We always expect the 5th ranked class and are disappointed. If we get in the normal range and are unhappy about it, itís just business as usual.

Comment

Maybe Iím being a bit dramatic.

YA THINK????

Comment

• #39
                                                                              YA THINK????

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Anyone who looks at this with an open mind would agree...

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">⏳</p>&mdash; Logan (@logandiggs3) <a href="https://twitter.com/logandiggs3/status/1287933513619124224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This tweet has sparked a convo on the II boards and then Lax thinks he's the next to commit. Evans is fully expected to commit this week, so that would mean Diggs would have to commit this week as well.

Also, some people don't seem to be too impressed with his film and would rather pass on him. That is insane to me. He plays that way that we hoped Jafar would. Catches the ball out of the backfield, runs like he's 220 pounds, and has the patience/jump cut ability of Lev Bell. I would be perfectly content if he's our running back this class.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">⏳</p>&mdash; Logan (@logandiggs3) <a href="https://twitter.com/logandiggs3/status/1287933513619124224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This tweet has sparked a convo on the II boards and then Lax thinks he's the next to commit. Evans is fully expected to commit this week, so that would mean Diggs would have to commit this week as well.

Also, some people don't seem to be too impressed with his film and would rather pass on him. That is insane to me. He plays that way that we hoped Jafar would. Catches the ball out of the backfield, runs like he's 220 pounds, and has the patience/jump cut ability of Lev Bell. I would be perfectly content if he's our running back this class.
                                                                                    would love to see ND land diggs. I've watched diggs film a few times and imo he's not that different from dexter Williams.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Low center of gravity, cuts well, sees the field, blocks, and catches the ball. This kid is underrated IMO.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I was on record saying I like others more due to top end speed which I still do. But, he would be a very nice compliment to Tyree. I still think it’s important they add that speed. So if we take Diggs, I’d really like to see them get after some more speed even if they are smaller APB’s. Looking at JP Martin as an example.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Is there another Josh Adams out there this year?
                                                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                            Is there another Josh Adams out there this year?

Thing with Josh was that he had the torn ACL at the beginning of his junior season of high school. I have a sneaky suspicion that if Adams never had gotten injured he would have been a consensus four star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              1st time ive seen his highlights, he reminds me of a smaller (weight wise) David Montgomery.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I watched his film again...looks like 4.8 or slower

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                                                                  Thing with Josh was that he had the torn ACL at the beginning of his junior season of high school. I have a sneaky suspicion that if Adams never had gotten injured he would have been a consensus four star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                                                                  Wasn't he a 5* prior to the injury, at least on some service(s)? I bet he wouldn't have wound up at ND had he not been injured. Just my $.02...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Was just looking over all the RB's ND has signed under Kelly to see where Logan stacked up.

On a national level, Jahmir Smith, C'Bo Flemister, Deon McIntosh and Cam McDaniel are RB's rated lower than him. Positionally, C'Bo, Deon and Cam. *

*Rankings can be weird - Josh Adams was 26th rated RB and Jahmir was 26th but they were 304 spots different nationally.

On a random note. The last time we signed someone as highly rated as Chris Tyree was Greg Bryant (45th natl, 6th position), ND didnt take a RB the next year and then followed up with Dexter and Josh the following. I think everyone here would sign up for that if I told you we had to not take a RB this year.
                                                                                                    Prehistoric

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X