Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 CA ATH Ceyair Wright (Southern Cal Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '21 CA ATH Ceyair Wright (Southern Cal Verbal)

WR/DB
    Los Angeles, CA
    Loyola

Measurements:
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 175

Rankings:
    247 Comp: .. 4*.......#7 CB ... #83 OA ... .9637
    247: ............ 4* ..... #7 CB ... #68 OA ... 94
    Rivals: ......... 4* ..... #5 ATH ..#119 OA .. 5.9
    ESPN: ......... 4* ...... #8 CB ... #105 OA .. 84

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Arizona
    Arizona St
    Baylor
    Boston College
    BYU
    Cal
    Duke
    FAU
    Illinois
    Kansas
    Maryland
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    Oklahoma
    Ole Miss
    Oregon
    Oregon St
    Stanford
    USC
    Utah
    Washington St
    Yale

Media Links:

Twitter =

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/9778268/Ceyair-Wright

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/9778268/5deb15f40dbfac0dd879e054' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 01-03-2021, 06:38 AM.
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Do we really want a kid that would make a Space Jam 2?

Comment

From 2021 Master List:

Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
      A LOT of Notre Dame targets seeing big jumps in the latest 247 rankings. Just from the West Coast:

TE Brock Bowers jumped from No. 204 to No. 52
      CB Ceyair Wright jumped from No. 178 to No. 67
      RB Prophet Brown jumped up to 175
      CB D.J. Harvey jumped up from No. 243 to No. 185
      S Xamarion Gordon jumped up to No. 241

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...rts-143990476/

None of those guys are crystalballed anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
        Does Ceyair Wright have his own page yet?
        Per BGI it looks like ND is a serious player here

(will be in Space Jam 2, LeBron's son)
        Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
        Yes ND is in his top group BUT...

Oregon was thought to be the leader and Donte Williams was his recruiter. Now he's at SC.

Fellow LA area DB recruit Anthony Beavers was committed to Williams and Oregon. Williams left, he decommitted.

Before the Westcoast 247 guys alluded to him leaning towards Williams/Oregon, I thought he was ND's best chance for a upper tier CB this cycle. Not so much anymore.

He's still probably OV so we get to feel excited at the chance of getting him but my breath is not held.
        Last edited by BobbyMac; 02-27-2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Adam Gorney - Rivals SoCal specifically mentioned that ND and Stanford (about to offer) are the two main players based on academics being a major selling point.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
            Adam Gorney - Rivals SoCal specifically mentioned that ND and Stanford (about to offer) are the two main players based on academics being a major selling point.
            In the blue corner hailing from Rivals.com please welcome Adam The Bomb Gorney

And in the red corner fighting out of the 247 Westcoast office, ladies and gentleman I introduce to you, the undisputed heavyweight tag team champions of the worrrrrrrrrrrrld.... Greg Beatdown Biggins & Brandon BoomBoom Huffman.

Hopefully Gorney pulls a Buster Douglas. Nothing would make me happier.

*** And let's not forget, if you want a great education, you CAN get it at SC is you look for it. ***

Comment

If we end up getting 3 visits (2 unofficials) then I think are chances are solid.

Comment

Haha. "Location doesn't matter to me at all".
                Thats like telling a girl on first date: "don't worry, looks aren't important to me".

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                  Haha. "Location doesn't matter to me at all".
                  Thats like telling a girl on first date: "don't worry, looks aren't important to me".
                  I mean in all seriousness it seems like he isn't opposed to going across the country to play ball. He's already visited schools on the East Coast plus ND/NW, and was gonna swing through Texas and Florida before Rona. The interest in ND/Stanford/Duke/NW/Cal (and vice versa) is a good sign.

The most encouraging part is that he seems committed to making a very educated decision. ND will hold up as well as anyone when he looks closely at all the programs he's being recruited by. This doesn't seem like a recruitment that will be easily swayed by emotion or the flavor of the day. Of course it doesn't seem like a decision will be made until around either Signing Day so we could be full by then.

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                    it doesn't seem like a decision will be made until around either Signing Day so we could be full by then.
                    The kiss of death. Heard that one before.

If any top 25 2021 DB position prospect, let alone top 10, wants in - we shouldnít ever be too full. Weíre practically never full.

Here is to hoping to restock the depth chart with quality prospects.

Comment

I'd feel better about him if he were from Hawaii
                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Intel on the USC 247 board is that he's a Stanford lean. (Funnily enough, the thing they mentioned in their own favor is he wants to be an actor.)

Hope it's not true. I think after Rocco, Wright is the last highly ranked guy ND has a real shot at.

Comment

Intel on the USC 247 board is that he's a Stanford lean. (Funnily enough, the thing they mentioned in their own favor is he wants to be an actor.)

Hope it's not true. I think after Rocco, Wright is the last highly ranked guy ND has a real shot at.
                          Jaden Slocum keeps popping up as well. If he commits at safety then the CBs are set

Comment

Y tho? Stanford is a literal sinking ship. If he wants to stay out west, surely SC and UCLA have performance arts programs...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                              Y tho? Stanford is a literal sinking ship. If he wants to stay out west, surely SC and UCLA have performance arts programs...

Maybe he likes playing home games in a ghost town.
                              Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Comment

Is Notre Dame no longer in the running for the Prince Kollie? Or do we not consider him highly ranked?

Prince is an absolute stud IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                  Is Notre Dame no longer in the running for the Prince Kollie? Or do we not consider him highly ranked?

Prince is an absolute stud IMO

Louisville trending here. Need to get him to campus.

Comment

I’ll leave it at, Wright is far down my list of wants at this point. I have a different view than most due, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                      Iíll leave it at, Wright is far down my list of wants at this point. I have a different view than most due, I guess.
                                      Agreed. I would rather have Jaden Slocum to fill out the Safety and keep the CBs the way they are.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Latest on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> and top target Ceyair Wright<br><br>Are the Fighting Irish still in it?<br><br>What does he think of new corners coach Mike Mickens?<br><br>How often does he talk with Brian Kelly?<br><br>What appeals about ND?<br><br>All that and MUCH more: <a href="https://t.co/XrqlQDEr3i">https://t.co/XrqlQDEr3i</a><br><br>(VIP)<a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@247Sports</a> <a href="https://t.co/c7dBQOQC70">pic.twitter.com/c7dBQOQC70</a></p>&mdash; Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/1298660775427485699?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

247 had an article on him about his recent USC visit to hang out w/ some recruits...he pointed out 1 thing that stood out about ND is that BK talks with him directly and the only other head coach who does this is cristobal....texts daily w/ BK and talks with mickens as well..of course blake hits him up all the time and hears a bit from buchner...LOVED his visit to ND
                                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Coming to town this weekend
                                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Good, I hope he spends part of that time in the confessional and praying at the Grotto in reparation for making an unnecessary sequel to Space Jam

Comment

Maybe our new fan Lebron can get in his ear.

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                  247 had an article on him about his recent USC visit to hang out w/ some recruits...he pointed out 1 thing that stood out about ND is that BK talks with him directly and the only other head coach who does this is cristobal....texts daily w/ BK and talks with mickens as well..of course blake hits him up all the time and hears a bit from buchner...LOVED his visit to ND
                                                  This is cool. I wonder if BK has someone managing his messages lol
                                                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Would be huge if we can get him, we're really struggled getting blue chip corners the last few cycles.
                                                    "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                                    --Samuel L

Comment

I did not realize he is an actual actor who has roles, and not just another one of those “aspiring actors”.

Honestly, I’m not sure how he stays away from LA if that’s the case. Unless he thinks ND is a bigger platform to establish his brand.
                                                      .....Before I Get Out

Comment

Originally posted by phillyirish View Post
                                                        I did not realize he is an actual actor who has roles, and not just another one of those ďaspiring actorsĒ.

Honestly, Iím not sure how he stays away from LA if thatís the case. Unless he thinks ND is a bigger platform to establish his brand.
                                                        5 bit parts/credits.

Nothing big, but I guess it depends on what his goals are. Hollywood vs Football. USC has a better theater department, but worse FB team.
                                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

in town starting today through I believe Sunday

Comment

I did not realize he is an actual actor who has roles, and not just another one of those “aspiring actors”.

Honestly, I’m not sure how he stays away from LA if that’s the case. Unless he thinks ND is a bigger platform to establish his brand.
                                                            If he plans to work as an actor while in college, then the choice is USC no question. If he plans to raise his profile as an NFL prospect the next four years, the choice is clearly Notre Dame:
                                                            • Notre Dame’s coaching staff is maximizing talent, USC is squandering it.

• Notre Dame is playing on national TV every weekend in highly watched games. USC is duking it out with Pac-12 also rans at 1 in the morning.

• Notre Dame has one of the most stable coaching staffs in the country. Clay Helton is guaranteed to be fired during Wright’s career.

I could go on, but really there’s no argument from a football perspective why you would pick USC over ND.

Comment

Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post
                                                              If he plans to work as an actor while in college, then the choice is USC no question. If he plans to raise his profile as an NFL prospect the next four years, the choice is clearly Notre Dame:
                                                              • Notre Dameís coaching staff is maximizing talent, USC is squandering it.

• Notre Dame is playing on national TV every weekend in highly watched games. USC is duking it out with Pac-12 also rans at 1 in the morning.

• Notre Dame has one of the most stable coaching staffs in the country. Clay Helton is guaranteed to be fired during Wrightís career.

I could go on, but really thereís no argument from a football perspective why you would pick USC over ND.
                                                              I can't agree to 1 or 3. #2 can be a problem for folks in the east.

As a DB, facing SC's WR's everyday in practice is better for development than ND's at this time and not taking anything away from Mickens but Donte Williams is no slouch, he turned Oregon's secondary into the best unit in the country. SC's will be very good too.

Comment

I can't agree to 1 or 3. #2 can be a problem for folks in the east.

As a DB, facing SC's WR's everyday in practice is better for development than ND's at this time and not taking anything away from Mickens but Donte Williams is no slouch, he turned Oregon's secondary into the best unit in the country. SC's will be very good too.
                                                                I think #1 is pretty accurate. ND has had 16 players drafted over the last 3 drafts compared to USCís 10. Considering those draft classes recruiting class ranked 10, 2 and 10 for USC compared to NDís 11, 13 and 15, the gap is only more evident that ND is developing the talent better.
                                                                .....Before I Get Out

Comment

I think #1 is pretty accurate. ND has had 16 players drafted over the last 3 drafts compared to USCís 10. Considering those draft classes recruiting class ranked 10, 2 and 10 for USC compared to NDís 11, 13 and 15, the gap is only more evident that ND is developing the talent better.
                                                                  We're talking DB's not the full roster and Donte Williams is there now. I just can't agree.

Comment

His mom is on the visit with him now, and that is usually a good thing for the good guys. We'll see how it plays out, but I think it's a tough pull, given his other interests.

Comment

We're talking DB's not the full roster and Donte Williams is there now. I just can't agree.
                                                                      Perception because of the past vs reality of the present.

USC has 5 DBs in the NFL, 4 on active rosters, headlined by Adoree Jackson and Nickel Robey-Coleman.
                                                                      ND has 9 DBs in the NFL, 6 on active rosters, headlined by Harrison Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                                                                        His mom is on the visit with him now, and that is usually a good thing for the good guys. We'll see how it plays out, but I think it's a tough pull, given his other interests.
                                                                        Do we know if Ceyair can get the academic presentation from Adam Sargent under the current recruiting restrictions? I feel like that presentation is what typically wows the parents.

Comment

Do we know if Ceyair can get the academic presentation from Adam Sargent under the current recruiting restrictions? I feel like that presentation is what typically wows the parents.
                                                                          would think there's something that could be done zoom wise maybe??
                                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

This is starting to feel a lot more possible than it did not too long ago...

Comment

• #40

Right. He clearly has some interest. This isn't like other kids going on official visits just so they can watch a big time game. This is a kid visiting from across the country during a pandemic that can't even be in the stadium (I think).
                                                                              60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                                                Right. He clearly has some interest. This isn't like other kids going on official visits just so they can watch a big time game. This is a kid visiting from across the country during a pandemic that can't even be in the stadium (I think).
                                                                                Not unless he magically has some family members on the team.
                                                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                                                  Can we not get the family of a player to sneak these guys in? He can be Ceyair Hinish for the weekend.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                                    Perception because of the past vs reality of the present.

USC has 5 DBs in the NFL, 4 on active rosters, headlined by Adoree Jackson and Nickel Robey-Coleman.
                                                                                    ND has 9 DBs in the NFL, 6 on active rosters, headlined by Harrison Smith.
                                                                                    Sure. You are going to include that bullet point in your presentation but it all comes down to what Mickens and Williams have done lately, what they're doing with their current rosters and how well they (and the other staff members) connect with the recruits.

Everything I've learned says no way EXCEPT this kid comes across as such a wildcard in non-ND or SC write ups that I can't give up.

If ND was in Orange County, he'd have committed as a 3rd grader.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      If ND was in Orange County, he'd have committed as a 3rd grader.
                                                                                      Time for satellite campus!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        Can we not get the family of a player to sneak these guys in? He can be Ceyair Hinish for the weekend.

I lol&rsquo;d

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          does anyone know when ceyair wright will make his decision?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
                                                                                            January and announce Feb

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
                                                                                              This is my #1 big fish wish this cycle. Even more than Edwards. I view an impact RB as a borderline luxury, but CB? Man do we need impact CBs...

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                Michigan were trying to flip 4 star CB Omarion Cooper from FSU but he stuck with his pledge and signed with the Seminoles today. This probably means Wright is their top remaining target now FWIW
                                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post
                                                                                                  January and announce Feb
                                                                                                  At the All Star game...but will there be one?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X