Ole Miss
    Texas A&M
    Texas Tech
    Tulsa
    Utah
    Wisconsin

Highlights:
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1015716...778e0d542963e0
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 11-25-2020, 03:21 PM.
    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Should’ve posted it here. Will visit NW on Friday and ND on Saturday for the Junior Day. High academic family. Should have a solid shot here.

Comment

His HS produces good D1 talent and good teams in tough Dallas/Ft. Worth arena.

Comment

Sounds like the visit went extremely well. Prediction for ND from Freeman and a CB from Loy. Is the news coming soon?

Comment

Sinclair followed suit and now this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big announcement on Friday.</p>&mdash; David Abiara ���� (@Dtx_Davidd) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dtx_Davidd/status/1224850268245897216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

This kid is blowing up too. A lot of big offers recently.

Comment

If I'm guessing, the announcement on Friday is a top 5 list

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

He's added LSU, Alabama, and A&M recently.

I hope Friday is a commitment

Comment

Commitment imminent. Loy and Sinclair CBs. Brian Smith also tweeted that ND DE recruiting is about to get interesting. Blake Fisher also replied to pretty clearly to Abiaras tweet.

Comment

I tend to lean that way as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                      Commitment imminent. Loy and Sinclair CBs. Brian Smith also tweeted that ND DE recruiting is about to get interesting. Blake Fisher also replied to pretty clearly to Abiaras tweet.
                      As in there will be a domino effect? More than just Abiara will jump on board?

Comment

Offers from LSU Bama A&M and Oklahoma.

Me like.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                          As in there will be a domino effect? More than just Abiara will jump on board?
                          Possibly. Brian Smith alluded to multiple DEs. Wonder how this effects some of these other offers like Aaron Armitage and George Rooks

Comment

Possibly. Brian Smith alluded to multiple DEs
                            It would almost have to be Armitage then. Haven't really heard of anyone else. Unless its Mobley as a dark horse.

Comment

Yeah if you read Blake Fishers post visit on II he talked as if Abiara was already in the class
                              Last edited by BabyIrish; 02-04-2020, 08:52 PM.
                              Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Singer FC as well. I think that's the trifecta.

Comment

His offer list has been updated.
                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big announcement on Friday.</p>&mdash; David Abiara ���� (@Dtx_Davidd) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dtx_Davidd/status/1224850268245897216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                    Elston retweeted this just now.

Comment

Wow. Two commits in a week, finally the fun part of the offseason.

Is the plan still 4 DL? So, Rubio, (Abiara), ((Armitage)), one more? Would we lean WDE or DT for that last spot? I'd guess WDE, hopefully Patterson, Bowers, or Trigg.

Comment

4 commits would give ND 19 scholarship DLinemen in 2021. I think that has to be the absolute max. Hopefully Rubio, Abiara, and Armitage commit soon. That would be an amazing 3 man group. After that, idk what route they’d take with the 4th spot. Maybe best player available, maybe defensive end cause they’ve always got the green light to over recruit or George Rooks to add a 2nd DT to the class which would give ND 10 DT’s in 2021. Exciting time for DT recruiting

Comment

I’d assume they definitely want a Viper prospect. I think early on there was talk they’d only go 3 in this class but I think there is just too much interest from quality players to not go to 4.

Right now Armitage is saying he’s not close to making a decision but this could change that. Walters was the saying the same before his visit.

Comment

The vibe does seem like a prospect going public with his commitment. As for more DE's I think they need to add at least 1 Drop, would prefer 2. As for another SDE, I think you take another if they are elite and a true SDE and not another that we all know is most likely ends up a DT-3T. I think Armitage and Rooks are more DT and because of that I think they get slow played unless they truly view them SDE.

Comment

We lose 3 DE’s and 1 DT after the 20’ season so I think a case could be made for 3 true ‘edge defenders’ but I don’t know if they’re slow playing Armitage. Seems like they made him a priority during the spring eval period and he’s included in that big March weekend they’re setting up.

Comment

I think it will be 4, similar to what they have done in the past. It also depends on if one of the DL has a medical scholarship or not and if Abiara is a Viper/SDE hybrid which I do not think he is.

Rubio can play either interior linemen position and if Abiara is an SDE, then I thought the plan before was to take 2 more Vipers. If they really want Armitage then he is a Rylie Mills type 3 tech/SDE hybrid, then maybe they still take 2 more vipers instead of 1.

At most 5 and at the least 4. If they can find a Nana type who can play viper but would grow into an SDE that would be the 5th person IMO.

Nose/3 tech - Rubio
                                                3 tech/SDE - Armitage possibly
                                                SDE - Abiara
                                                Vipers (2) - Pick a name. After the recent offers there is a lot to work with IMO.

Comment

I will always support loading up on d-line and o-line talent because you don't have much of a chance if you're bad in those areas.

I could see them taking 3-5 d-linemen total, depending on who wants in. Is the viper position just the WDE? So a prospect like Zaire Patterson, Josh Robinson, or Jason Onye would fit that position?

Either way, d-line recruiting has been pretty incredible the last 3 cycles. Glad to see they aren't slowing down at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                                                    Elston retweeted this just now.
                                                    Elston doesn't retweet that unless he knows something.

Comment

I didn't think coaches were allowed to retweet players' stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                        I didn't think coaches were allowed to retweet players' stuff?
                                                        That changed a few years ago.

Comment

When you guys see his film, do you agree with the 3 star ratings, or the offee list? His offer list is 4 star.

I don't see the first step or twitchyness. Curious what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                            When you guys see his film, do you agree with the 3 star ratings, or the offee list? His offer list is 4 star.

I always look at the offer list first. The guys that look at film and send out offers do it for a living and know what to look for, while I do not.

Abiara reminds me very much of Kareem. A SDE that will be great against the run, his pass rush will get better with time, and will slide inside on obvious passing downs. I like him more than Armitage.

Comment

Athletically he is very long, which you cannot teach. He does a lot of things well on tape. He sets the edge well and is a good run defender. He can anticipate plays well, especially against the run he is assignment correct. He tracks the ball carrier well. On RPOs once he deciphers where the ball is going, he gets there in a hurry.

A few things I did not like. When a pure pass play is called and he goes after the QB it takes him a while to get there. It looks like he tries to out athlete the the O linemen and when he has better competition he gets slowed down. He needs to use his hands and rush moves better. He is a pretty good athlete but he is not Julian Okwara. In a few clips he does drop in coverage.

I think he could be a solid SDE and will get even better once Elston gets a hold of him and improves some of his pass rush technique.

He is a good fit academically. I will be interest to see what Jamie U at ISD thinks of him.

Comment

I appreciate the responses.

My biggest issue is his first step, which is just bad. Is that something you can coach up? I'd think so.

Once he's up and chooses to accelerate he looks like a better athlete IMO.

Comment

My biggest issue is his first step, which is just bad. Is that something you can coach up? I'd think so.

I would agree. In the junior film I noticed A LOT of RPOS and not a lot of pure pass plays. I think that may have something to do with it.

Comment

His technique and reaction will get coached up, but just as important for some guys is getting into an elevated S&C program and improving core strength.

It could be that he's not been coached up to respond to movement quick enough, but improving core strength makes the rest of your body more responsive.

Comment

Any pics of him from this weekend w other recruits? Like w Rubio? Would like to get a true gauge on his size. Is he really 6' 4"?

Comment

I don’t think his first step or ‘get off’ is bad, I think it’s inconsistent. He certainly has some wow moments on his highlight tape. Which with better coaching and training should make that more repeatable. Also, he’s definitely a 5T for this defense, don’t see him being a Viper.

Comment

Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                                                          Any pics of him from this weekend w other recruits? Like w Rubio? Would like to get a true gauge on his size. Is he really 6' 4"?
                                                                          No pics from his ND trip so far but there is this one from his last trip to Norman. Lincoln Riley is probably 6'1-'6'2 (slightly taller than Mayfield who checked in at 6'1 at the combine. And David has multiple inches on him. I'd say 6'4 seems about right.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Had a great time at OU this past weekend, will definitely be back in Norman <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OU?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#OU</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OUDNA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#OUDNA</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BOOMERSOONER?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BO OMERSOONER</a> <a href="https://t.co/F9pPMdIHTD">pic.twitter.com/F9pPMdIHTD</a></p>&mdash; David Abiara ���� (@Dtx_Davidd) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dtx_Davidd/status/1219282944507990018?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Athletically he is very long, which you cannot teach. He does a lot of things well on tape. He sets the edge well and is a good run defender. He can anticipate plays well, especially against the run he is assignment correct. He tracks the ball carrier well. On RPOs once he deciphers where the ball is going, he gets there in a hurry.

A few things I did not like. When a pure pass play is called and he goes after the QB it takes him a while to get there. It looks like he tries to out athlete the the O linemen and when he has better competition he gets slowed down. He needs to use his hands and rush moves better. He is a pretty good athlete but he is not Julian Okwara. In a few clips he does drop in coverage.

I think he could be a solid SDE and will get even better once Elston gets a hold of him and improves some of his pass rush technique. All of that can be taught.

He is a good fit academically. I will be interest to see what Jamie U at ISD thinks of him.
                                                                            Fairly typical for HS guys as they tend to be able to get to the QB on their athletic ability and don't put in too much work on spin moves, bull rushes, etc.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I don’t think his first step or ‘get off’ is bad, I think it’s inconsistent. He certainly has some wow moments on his highlight tape. Which with better coaching and training should make that more repeatable. Also, he’s definitely a 5T for this defense, don’t see him being a Viper.
                                                                              Hearing from some that he is good enough to play either DE position, however I have not heard where the staff sees him best or where he could start out. I would tend to agree with Lucky.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Sounds like it won’t be happening tomorrow. Slowing things down.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Sounds like it won’t be happening tomorrow. Slowing things down.

Source?
                                                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    BGI and 247 both reporting it.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I’ve seen this movie before

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        BGI and 247 both reporting it.
                                                                                        Lucky did they say why? Is it a TJ Sheffiled thing?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          My guess it's the offer list. Someone has got in his ear.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            ND would have accepted his commitment.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I would guess an offer from the national champs has made a difference.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Better than him committing and then keep looking around

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Brian Smith stating that even if he commits Friday, ND will have to continually recruit him. So seems that big announcement is not happening as posted previously.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    To be fair, the kid is blowing up on a national scale. I would guess that we are still the team to beat, but him pumping the brakes might be a smart move.
                                                                                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X