Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 IL OG Pat Coogan (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '21 IL OG Pat Coogan (Notre Dame Signee)

OG
    Chicago, IL
    Marist HS (Catholic)

Measurements:
    Height: 6-5
    Weight: 295

Rankings:
    247 Comp: .. 3* ..... #54 OT ..... #560 OA ..... .8588 ratings
    247: ............ 3* ..... #71 OT ..... #717 OA ...... 84
    Rivals: ......... 3* ..... #35 OT .......................... 5.7
    ESPN: .......... 3*

Offers:

Cincy
    Duke
    ILL
    IU
    IA St
    K State
    MI St
    Neb
    OK State
    Ore
    Stanford
    Syracuse
    WVU
    Wyoming
    Kent St
    Toledo

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/coogs53

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/11124113/Patrick-Coogan

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/11124113/5d7ed8b86e8b360c68c1e185' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 04-15-2020, 07:16 PM.

Quinn going to see him today or tomorrow. Rees and Lea have been in to see him recently.

His Jr. film is really good. He plays LG exclusively, not an OT like the services list him.

If they offer, it's done.

Rivals has him a couple of spots out of 4* as an OT which he isn't. I actually think he's a 91-92 as an OG right now and he could blow up with the services this summer.

Most importantly, programs from coast to coast like him as a ure LG.

Pull the trigger at Jr Day.

Comment

Love the fire he plays with

Comment

My high school, same as Weishar's... My brother played next to his dad when they were at Marist. Great to see!

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
          Quinn going to see him today or tomorrow. Rees and Lea have been in to see him recently.

His Jr. film is really good. He plays LG exclusively, not an OT like the services list him.

If they offer, it's done.

Rivals has him a couple of spots out of 4* as an OT which he isn't. I actually think he's a 91-92 as an OG right now and he could blow up with the services this summer.

Most importantly, programs from coast to coast like him as a ure LG.

Pull the trigger at Jr Day.
          It is, far better than I was expecting. And if you remove the stigma of being a 3 star, I'd have no problem with an offer and take.

Comment

He looks like he could be valuable in a bar brawl, I say take him. He'd be useful in the getting off the bus first category as well.

Comment

Love seeing more and more kids want to finish the block like that, and I know that's what Hiestand used to expect out of the guys he recruited at ND.
              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                Love seeing more and more kids want to finish the block like that, and I know that's what Hiestand used to expect out of the guys he recruited at ND.
                Q still does! lol

Nice vision to see what else is going on around him and a quick first step.
                Last edited by Irish#1; 01-21-2020, 02:41 PM.

Comment

He employs the "Lay down, stay down" philosophy. His guy never has a chance of impacting the play once contact has been made.

Comment

Hard to see if he can get to the next level because he is usually planting the first guy he makes contact with into the topsoil.
                    Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Yeah right, he's a 3*... just like Jonah Monheim & Pete Skoronski were when we started following them.

Comment

Sounds like he is our man if Spindler and Tengwell don't pan out. Also, 1:10 into his JR. film above, he keeps his head on a swivel nicely. Get off his base block and goes and gets someone else. Reminds me of Q. If ND signs him, this would make up for them not getting Dylan Barrett.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/11631...rom-notre-dame
                        Last edited by NDIrish88; 01-23-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                          Sounds like he is our man if Spindler and Tengwell don't pan out. Also, 1:10 into his JR. film above, he keeps his head on a swivel nicely. Get off his base block and goes and gets someone else. Reminds me of Q. If ND signs him, this would make up for them not getting Dylan Barrett.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/11631...rom-notre-dame
                          ND could just take the top OL from Chicagoland every year and it would work out. That would have given them:

'20 - Coogan
                          '19 - Skoronski
                          '18 - Bryce Efner = starting OG at PSU in 2020
                          '17 - Kevin Jarvis = OG recruit that became MSU's starting LT

Also from that story:

It's clear now that Quinn's dream class is:

OT's = Big Fish and Millum
                          OG's = Spindler & Tengwall

???Dellinger doesn't have a commitable offer and that's why he's not in the ND edits???

With that said...

First in with the Coogan FC. Welcome aboard Padraig!
                          Last edited by NDCrusader; 02-17-2020, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Not going to post the tweet because...gross, but he was offered by Michigan today.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                              Not going to post the tweet because...gross, but he was offered by Michigan today.
                              I saw that too. I replied properly with "Go Irish"

Comment

When's he stopping back through the Bend?

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...its-143932131/

Comment

When's he stopping back through the Bend?

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...its-143932131/
                                  Has visits locked in to a few places. He plans on getting to "the Bend" but a visit is not scheduled yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoCatholic View Post
                                    Has visits locked in to a few places. He plans on getting to "the Bend" but a visit is not scheduled yet.
                                    I hope one of the Quinn "wants" coming in next month drops out of contention. Tired of missing out on 4*/5* Chicago Catholics.

Comment

I hope one of the Quinn "wants" coming in next month drops out of contention. Tired of missing out on 4*/5* Chicago Catholics.
                                      I am with you on this. It's a tree that bears fruit annually. Don't over think it.

Comment

I have read a few blogs about Crippen visiting Michigan also. Does anyone know if he has officially decommited from ND and if the coaching staff is sending the lack of loyalty , why don't they move onto Coogan???

Comment

Originally posted by Will0528 View Post
                                          I have read a few blogs about Crippen visiting Michigan also. Does anyone know if he has officially decommited from ND and if the coaching staff is sending the lack of loyalty , why don't they move onto Coogan???
                                          While it's fun to speculate the exact reason(s) the rift occurred, in the end it doesn't matter. The bottom line is, this isn't a thing anymore regardless of label or reported story. I can say from reading in between the lines that info has come from the staff to certain reporters and they are saying without hesitation that this is over.

In regards to moving on to Coogan... They are technically moving on from Crippen to Tengwall & Spindler first. When one of those guys falls out of the rotation, then hopefully Coogan gets the offer.

Comment

While it's fun to speculate the exact reason(s) the rift occurred, in the end it doesn't matter. The bottom line is, this isn't a thing anymore regardless of label or reported story. I can say from reading in between the lines that info has come from the staff to certain reporters and they are saying without hesitation that this is over.

In regards to moving on to Coogan... They are technically moving on from Crippen to Tengwall & Spindler first.

When one of those guys falls out of the rotation, then hopefully Coogan gets the offer.

Tengwell is officially gone , guess we see where the ND board goes to now?? Spindler seems to have his attention elsewhere. I don't see him committing to ND. Mich has been picking up momentum with some recruits as of late. Kinda seems like the ND love is slowly disappearing. Not sure what's going on with either coaching staff or the communication that some of the recruits are getting out of ND but sure seems like what were strong recruits are looking elsewhere now. Hope that theme doesn't continue and they get their heads out of their butts sooner than later!

Comment

Tengwell is officially gone , guess we see where the ND board goes to now?? Spindler seems to have his attention elsewhere. I don't see him committing to ND. Mich has been picking up momentum with some recruits as of late. Kinda seems like the ND love is slowly disappearing. Not sure what's going on with either coaching staff or the communication that some of the recruits are getting out of ND but sure seems like what were strong recruits are looking elsewhere now. Hope that theme doesn't continue and they get their heads out of their butts sooner than later!
                                              Care to share why you are saying this?

Comment

Yeah... He may end up elsewhere but there's still a lot of smoke for ND.

Comment

Tengwall just officially announced that he is committing to PSU. Crippen decommited from ND and just made a verbal to UM. Spindler seems to favor PSU which is just a personal feeling. Does Tengwall committing to PSU push Spindler to choose PSU , time will tell. ND has Big Blake but they now need to find guys that are ND guys are are all in with Quinn and his staff.

Comment

Tengwall just officially announced that he is committing to PSU. Crippen decommited from ND and just made a verbal to UM. Spindler seems to favor PSU which is just a personal feeling. Does Tengwall committing to PSU push Spindler to choose PSU , time will tell. ND has Big Blake but they now need to find guys that are ND guys are are all in with Quinn and his staff.
                                                    I specifically highlighted your comment on Spindler. Very little info out there has him going elsewhere. Was curious what info you'd seen, heard, read that indicated otherwise. I guess not much.

Comment

And just to be clear for all, Crippen "de-committed" because the staff stopped recruiting him a long time ago. I don't think we're hanging an L on that one. More like a "good grief, what took you so long to get the message".

Comment

I don't think we necessarily forced Crippen out, at least not originally. He had his spot, then when he started flirting with our biggest rival we decided he wasn't good enough to play those kind of games, and told him to pound sand. If he was a solid commit, his spot in the class would probably have remained safe.

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                          I don't think we necessarily forced Crippen out, at least not originally. He had his spot, then when he started flirting with our biggest rival we decided he wasn't good enough to play those kind of games, and told him to pound sand. If he was a solid commit, his spot in the class would probably have remained safe.
                                                          Sounds like they stopped talking to him quite a bit before he took the MI visit.

Comment

Sounds like they stopped talking to him quite a bit before he took the MI visit.
                                                            That's surprising to me, ND doesn't handle recruitments like that very often, if ever. Even though we were in a good place with some heavy hitters like Tengwall, Spindler, Milum, they clearly weren't done deals. I don't miss Crippen, but it's not like he's a shit prospect.

Comment

That's surprising to me, ND doesn't handle recruitments like that very often, if ever. Even though we were in a good place with some heavy hitters like Tengwall, Spindler, Milum, they clearly weren't done deals. I don't miss Crippen, but it's not like he's a shit prospect.
                                                              I'm here too. I can name 20 NFL OG's who were lesser HS prospects compared to Crippen.

And to be clear, the above info comes from a paid site analyst via Crippen. Could there be more to it than ND thougt they had a full group of A listers on tap and IF they swung & missed on any of them, they had a Coogan or two in their backyard?? Yes.

This is recruiting in 2020. Commitment means nothing more than a clickable moment for the recruiting industry... which in turn is a branding moment for program.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Extremely honored to have received an offer from the University of Notre Dame! ☘️ ☘️ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> <a href="https://t.co/R2e2PxmAWw">pic.twitter.com/R2e2PxmAWw</a></p>&mdash; Pat Coogan (@coogs53) <a href="https://twitter.com/coogs53/status/1243284146560151560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

The clock is ticking.

Comment

Them slowing down on Crippen had little to do with other prospects.

Comment

There it is. Let’s make this happen. C’mon Quinn, can’t mess this one up, lol.

Comment

offered by Ohio State
                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

Can this really make it until the fall like he said in interviews?

I don't see it.

Comment

At least now we can accept his commitment. You know, since OSU deemed was a good player and all

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Are we still perceived to be leading after the OSU offer?
                                                                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #40
                                                                                At least now we can accept his commitment. You know, since OSU deemed was a good player and all
                                                                                I thought MSU was the B10 team we cared about regarding offers...

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                  offered by Ohio State
                                                                                  Ohio State just toying with ND and laughing the whole time.
                                                                                  The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                    Are we still perceived to be leading after the OSU offer?
                                                                                    Yes

Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                                                                                    Ohio State just toying with ND and laughing the whole time.
                                                                                    Ohio State has been recruiting him. He had a visit set up for last weekend there that got Corona'd.

I won't be surprised if Bama is next.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      In today's SBT article Coogan was quoted, "I also like other schools. I have opportunities to go to other great schools that I visited earlier, and they offered me earlier. I can't just disrespect programs by saying 'See ya, Notre Dame just offered me to those schools."

ND may have been late to the party on this one.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                                                        In today's SBT article Coogan was quoted, "I also like other schools. I have opportunities to go to other great schools that I visited earlier, and they offered me earlier. I can't just disrespect programs by saying 'See ya, Notre Dame just offered me to those schools."

So, then that would mean OSU was as well.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Yeah lol we weren't late. He doesn't need to pass on ND just because we offered 10 months before signing day and they offered 12. Just a respectful thing to say to reporters.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by irishandy View Post

I don't think ND is late to the party. May have been late if they were expecting an instant commitment, but we don't usually encourage that anyways.

Kid will take his time and be respectful to teams that have been recruiting him harder, longer. I respect that, and it's honestly really smart. Maybe he needs to see where he fits in this class still, how bad do our coaches want him here, etc.
                                                                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              notable offers before ND include Stanford, Mich St Oregon, Cal, BC and Michigan

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I think if you look back , there was an article written that Tommy Rees told him that if either Spindler or Langwell didn't choose ND that he would be their next call. So , for that ND has been honest and straight forward with him. That was months ago.
                                                                                                Okie , LSU offers came in today. He seems like a kid with his head on his shoulders trying to take it all in. I agree with a previous post that he is being respectful with other staffs and figuring it out where he fits in with all these schools. I think ND is still very high on his list.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  OV-ing the weekend of June 12-14 with Shipley and Fisher so far.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    OV-ing the weekend of June 12-14 with Shipley and Fisher so far.
                                                                                                    Expecting that list to grow substantially over the next few weeks

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X