Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 GA TE Cane Berrong (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been hearing good things about Cane Berrong that he's been impressing the coaches. but at only 215lbs. I would guess he'll redshirt in order to get more size on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
      I've been hearing good things about Cane Berrong that he's been impressing the coaches. but at only 215lbs. I would guess he'll redshirt in order to get more size on him.
      Where are you seeing 215? He's 235 on ISD and UND. One of ISD's podcasts a few weeks ago was talking about him getting snaps this fall.

Comment

• I posted a while back the 2nd TE spot to me is one of the most interesting battles. Cane’s father posts on 247 so always interesting perspective

Comment

• Cane is a very good route runner and moves well for a TE so it wouldn't be surprising to see him carve out a role as a Big Slot or move TE, whatever you want to call it these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
            I posted a while back the 2nd TE spot to me is one of the most interesting battles. Cane’s father posts on 247 so always interesting perspective
            What's his handle? Didn't a relative of Styles also post on II to dispel rumors that he was trending away from ND?

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

What's his handle? Didn't a relative of Styles also post on II to dispel rumors that he was trending away from ND?
              I believe it's just his name or something close to it, Scott Berrong

Comment

Not entirely sure I know it’s rather apparent when it is him. Given Cane’s highlight today maybe we’ll see an appearance lol

Comment

• He will have to be special to beat out Takacs and Bauman for TE #2 and he'd have to be really special to displace one of our very fast/athletic WRs (assuming Austin, Johnson, Watts, Keys, Lenzy are all healthy). I just never get my hopes up for freshman and then I'm pleasantly surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                    He will have to be special to beat out Takacs and Bauman for TE #2 and he'd have to be really special to displace one of our very fast/athletic WRs (assuming Austin, Johnson, Watts, Keys, Lenzy are all healthy). I just never get my hopes up for freshman and then I'm pleasantly surprised.
                    Yea, I’d be pretty surprised if he played a meaningful role in the offense but if he’s even making the varsity practice roster during the season, that’s pretty good. When you consider all the things above that could be impediments for other guys.

Comment

Styles' Mom posted here on IE.

Comment

• My hope is they use him in the Tremble role. If he's ready for some of that this year, great. Otherwise he doesn't get the full keys until '23 after MM's gone. I think we're gonna see a very athletic, route runner who produces from the Flex while Bauman and the winner of the Evans / Class of '22 TE's battle for the #3 spot.

But keep in mind... until MM leaves, everyone is gonna be begging for targets. MM tied McKinley for most targets last year and had one more target than Tremble had in his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                          My hope is they use him in the Tremble role. If he's ready for some of that this year, great. Otherwise he doesn't get the full keys until '23 after MM's gone. I think we're gonna see a very athletic, route runner who produces from the Flex while Bauman and the winner of the Evans / Class of '22 TE's battle for the #3 spot.

But keep in mind... until MM leaves, everyone is gonna be begging for targets. MM tied McKinley for most targets last year and had one more target than Tremble had in his career.
                          Down on Bauman? I thought the staff held him in some esteem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post

Down on Bauman? I thought the staff held him in some esteem.
                            Sloppy wording on my part. When MM's gone I see Bauman (traditional) & Berrong (Flex) as the Top 2 TE's with Evans and everyone from '22/'23 fighting for spot #3.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X