Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 GA WR Deion Colzie (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobbyMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• irishandy
    replied
    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    This is fricking awesome, super excited for Deion and his family. I hope he sees the field in 2021.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PANDFAN
    replied
    The ISD fellas threw a bunch of cold water on the Deon Colzie excitement a week or two back but I'm having none of it.

Counting Down The Irish – WR-Deion Colzie (247sports.com)
    such as?

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    The ISD fellas threw a bunch of cold water on the Deon Colzie excitement a week or two back but I'm having none of it.

They're just cranky over there

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied

Leave a comment:

• irishandy
    replied
    Colzie can be dangerous at the slot for ND.

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post

DK Metcalf running to try and qualify for the Olympics this weekend should be interesting.
    10.36 for DK - right in the mix early and gets passed down the stretch. Probably outweighs next biggest guy by 30 pounds. Post race interview hilarious seeing him hulk over the winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd73x5wNyuA

That much more impressed with a HS kid of Colzie's size running a 10.82.

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    Colzie and Styles could both earn serious minutes this year if raw athletic talent is enough to break through.

Leave a comment:

• DONTH8
    replied
    Well, my hopes are sky high. They better get this guy some action, EARLY. I don’t care if he can only run one route. Tell the 6’4 200+lb. guy that runs a 10.8 and high jumps 6’8 to go deep. A lot.
    These are my kind of traits.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Well, my hopes are sky high. They better get this guy some action, EARLY. I don’t care if he can only run one route. Tell the 6’4 200+lb. guy that runs a 10.8 and high jumps 6’8 to go deep. A lot.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NDisme
    replied
    Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post

I think he could be similar to Maurice Stovall.
    I'd take that for sure!

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

Yeah, 10.87 on his second attempt in a meet is incredible. You'd imagine there are some subtle changes he could make and if he trained for it year round, he'd be even faster. But still, 10.87 @ 6'4" is not common.
    DK Metcalf running to try and qualify for the Olympics this weekend should be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• IRISHMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by NDisme View Post
    When he fills out, he could be a monster. maybe what I hoped Duval Kamara could've been
    I think he could be similar to Maurice Stovall.

Leave a comment:

• NDisme
    replied
    When he fills out, he could be a monster. maybe what I hoped Duval Kamara could've been

Leave a comment:

• GoldenToTheGrave
    replied
    I really just think the ND hivemind dumped him mentally when he decomitted. Was a big time prospect, and still is.

Leave a comment:

• irishandy
    replied
    One of my favorites from the 2021 class. I don't have high hopes for him this year, but he and Styles next year as starters is a conversation for the future. Can't wait to see him on the field.

It would be nice to see all of our freshman WR's show our older WR they want their spot and see how the older WR's respond.

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    Originally posted by tussin View Post

What's even more crazy is that I feel like Colzie wasn't positioned as a speed receiver by the recruiting services.
    Right. Maybe his 40 times are worse? or cone drills? There are people with long speed who lack suddenness/acceleration, hopefully he has both. That's what can make a dominant receiver.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    I think, assuming Austin is healthy, you still almost have to throw Colzie and Styles with the 1s for a few days. If Wilkins and Lenzy aren’t going to “grab” the spot then three things possibly happen if you do that. Either it lights a fire under Lenzy/Wilkins and they earn the spot, Colzie/Styles goes out and takes the spot or you’re back to where you started.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    Real shame that he couldn't EE. I think Styles is studly and would compete for time if he didn't have two older guys at his likely starting spots, albeit he still may get on the field. Colzie fills an immediate need for a big bodied WR with Austin still in recovery.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

II podcast reckon if he can have an impact in the fall if KA can't go
    I certainly think he’ll get a shot. If I’m BK, Rees, and Del. I’m making a very concerted effort to make Styles and Colzie feel involved.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    Well, here’s to the future. An amazing opportunity for Colzie and Styles to come in, compete, and look for starting spots as Sophomores.

6’4 WR’s that high jump 6’8 and run 11 sec 100’s don’t grow on trees. Let’s get it, Deion.
    II podcast reckon if he can have an impact in the fall if KA can't go

Leave a comment:

• tussin
    replied
    Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

Yeah, 10.87 on his second attempt in a meet is incredible. You'd imagine there are some subtle changes he could make and if he trained for it year round, he'd be even faster. But still, 10.87 @ 6'4" is not common.
    What's even more crazy is that I feel like Colzie wasn't positioned as a speed receiver by the recruiting services.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    Ill say it again and likely not for the last time. I cannot believe we pulled this guy from Athens-Clark.

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    Well, here’s to the future. An amazing opportunity for Colzie and Styles to come in, compete, and look for starting spots as Sophomores.

6’4 WR’s that high jump 6’8 and run 11 sec 100’s don’t grow on trees. Let’s get it, Deion.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Very good numbers. While he won't use the track start on the field, it will help with his explosiveness at the LOS.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    Are we getting overly fired up about his forgotten athleticism? Pretty sure he was a monster Spark guy as a Soph... like 120+ and a 40 in the 4.5's, maybe upper 4.4?

I'd go look for it but it's most likely in a tweet that got corrupted when Thanos snapped his fingers.
    That’s not the same body as a Sophomore. The impressive part is this guy is not even in college yet but he’s that size and moving like this.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied

NFL Draft reference:

Waddle's athletic profile was founded on this early high school track exploits. He ran a wind-aided 10.68 100 as a freshman, along with a 22.40 200. His 10.84 sophomore 100 was not wind-aided, and he added a 22-foot, 9 3/4-inch long jump.

Chase's strong track and field profile included an 11.05-second 100 meters and a 24-foot, 2 1/2-inch long jump, which won the Louisiana 5A state title his junior year.

Smith ran a sizzling 10.67 100 and a 22.45 200 as a senior, following a 45-foot, 3 1/2-inch triple jump in his junior year.

Toney was a two-sport athlete who competed in track and field. He posted an 11.50 100 and a 21-5 long jump (not to mention throwing the javelin 148 feet).
    https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...mpression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Are we getting overly fired up about his forgotten athleticism? Pretty sure he was a monster Spark guy as a Soph... like 120+ and a 40 in the 4.5's, maybe upper 4.4?

I'd go look for it but it's most likely in a tweet that got corrupted when Thanos snapped his fingers.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    If he can run and jump like this, he doesn’t need any wiggle, lol.

But, in reality if he’s going to stay at WR I do think getting in and out of his breaks with make the difference between a possible 1st rd WR or just an NFL guy. But what a athlete to for Bali’s, Kelly, Rees, and Del to work with.

There is just no way, if we knew this information when ratings were being done, he’s not a top 50 to possible 5 star guy.

Leave a comment:

• Henges24
    replied
    Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    I thought the biggest question for him was "wiggle". Still that's a great speed for his size.
    If he even has a little more wiggle then Boykin....

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
    Sub 11 with his size and NOT being a refined track guy is insane. Tremendous upside.
    I was going to say the same thing. If he can track the ball well and if he has good acceleration, could be a monster pick up for us.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    I thought the biggest question for him was "wiggle". Still that's a great speed for his size.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    Sub 11 with his size and NOT being a refined track guy is insane. Tremendous upside.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    Looks like he bulked a little too. He looks good.

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Cool story, but does he even traits bro?

Leave a comment:

• greyhammer90
    replied
    Is everyone tuned into the draft or am I the only one that thinks this is really really good time for him?
    Uh yeah, that seems pretty great for his size. Feels like we got a big steal here.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Seems pretty good to me

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Is everyone tuned into the draft or am I the only one that thinks this is really really good time for him?

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
    If he has good timing when it comes to high pointing a football then look out everybody.
    As long as he gets a running start! Lol

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
    I’m still pretty shocked we pulled this kid out of Athens
    From what I heard from my dawg pals (early on) is that UGA's roster was heavy on big WRs, and they just weren't pressing for him.

I was still surprised he signed here too. Someone also mentioned that the HS he went to was a prep school, so perhaps he's just a smart kid lol.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    I’m still pretty shocked we pulled this kid out of Athens

Leave a comment:

• greyhammer90
    replied
    If he has good timing when it comes to high pointing a football then look out everybody.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    I was coming here to post just that. Impressive stuff.

Leave a comment:

• ResLife Hero
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Made me laugh.
    Yea, poor wording by me, I'll blame it on lack of sleep, lol. It should read, it kind of feels like the staff knows more than most. Because the knock on winning the Colzie sweepstakes was that the others on his list weren't recruiting him very hard or had spots for him. Similar to the ESB recruitment. And that turned out pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    I posted that because I think he’s getting overlooked quite a bit. Message boards filled with comments on how we need to follow up last years WR class because Styles is the only difference maker from that class. It kind of feels like the staff may know something we don't here. Johnson, Styles, and Colzie at X, W, and Z.
    Made me laugh.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X