Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 GA WR Deion Colzie (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    Don't look for them to give up on Thornton. With the pandemic still a thing during his recruitment and Portland being Portland and possibly bleeding into the college towns in the future if politics drives further unrest, I know I would NEVER-EVER let my kid go to Oregon from MD. At least at ND, he can jump into a car with teammates or other students which there are plenty from the DMV and get home same day.
    say they land Thomas and Thorton, could Styles then be moved to corner?

Comment

Don't look for them to give up on Thornton. With the pandemic still a thing during his recruitment and Portland being Portland and possibly bleeding into the college towns in the future if politics drives further unrest, I know I would NEVER-EVER let my kid go to Oregon from MD. At least at ND, he can jump into a car with teammates or other students which there are plenty from the DMV and get home same day.
      But, Eugene.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post
        say they land Thomas and Thorton, could Styles then be moved to corner?
        Could? Technically yes, sure. He's a dynamic, two-way player.

Would he? No idea.

Comment

Good points, just hard seeing them take two bigs.
          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Welcome back Deion to Notre Dame!

Comment

January will be here before you know it and things might not be any different than what they are now, will be worse in some places if Trump wins. I've been working for/with the PAC over the last few months, the schools are preparing for on campus protesting as there is obvious evidence that it is being coordinated. I did not visit Eugene but I've heard concerns out of their athletic department.

My concern for MY kid in this situation is it's not easy to get from Eugene to DMV if shiit gets crazy and you gotta go through the craziest place to get home. Getting from SB to DMV is a car ride and a destination many of your fellow classmates share.

In the end and as always, you lookout for your kid(s) as you see fit and I'll do likewise.
              Clean up your messages.

Comment

• A lot of analysts imply he's overrated. I actually think he might be underrated. He's got quick feet and a good release for being so tall. He ran in the 4.5s at an Opening regional. If that time is legit, he's exactly the kind of receiver we've been doing a good job of developing into a pro recently. For example, go watch his highlights relative to Miles Boykin. He doesn't have the same thick frame as Boykin, but there's no question who is the quicker 6'4" WR on their HS film.

Very glad to have him back in the fold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                  Welcome back Deion to Notre Dame!

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                    A lot of analysts imply he's overrated. I actually think he might be underrated. He's got quick feet and a good release for being so tall. He ran in the 4.5s at an Opening regional. If that time is legit, he's exactly the kind of receiver we've been doing a good job of developing into a pro recently. For example, go watch his highlights relative to Miles Boykin. He doesn't have the same thick frame as Boykin, but there's no question who is the quicker 6'4" WR on their HS film.

Very glad to have him back in the fold.
                    I agree. I think he's going to have to take his route running very seriously if he wants to play early. Getting in and out of his breaks for a 6'4 17-18 year old is fine but it will need to improve quite a bit at the next level. But, if he is able to do that, I think he's got 1st-2nd rd draft pick written all over him.

Comment

• Oregon's currently ranked #3 on 247 so it doesn't look like too many people are worried about the riots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                        I agree. I think he's going to have to take his route running very seriously if he wants to play early. Getting in and out of his breaks for a 6'4 17-18 year old is fine but it will need to improve quite a bit at the next level. But, if he is able to do that, I think he's got 1st-2nd rd draft pick written all over him.

I agree. I like his film better than Kevin Austin’s film. And I really liked Kevin’s film. To me Colzie seems like a more fluid athlete...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                          Oregon's currently ranked #3 on 247 so it doesn't look like too many people are worried about the riots.
                          Wait, another person bringing up Portland riots....
                          We're talking about Eugene lol

Comment

• If we grab Thornton, do we risk one of the recruits leaving. How many receivers are we taking. Adding Thornton and Thomas would make 4 really good receivers. Do they all stick???

Comment

• Great job by the staff. Love the playmakers we’re getting.
                              "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                Wait, another person bringing up Portland riots....
                                We're talking about Eugene lol
                                Don't get your lil red panties in a bunch, re-read what I wrote.

It's a neg recruiting talking point in this case.

Comment

Don't forget the wildfires!

Comment

• BOOM!! Welcome back to ND Mr. Colzie!!

What do I like most about his recruitment? The same I like about Styles: ND grabbed talent from Georgia's and OSU's backyard.

Great job by the staff here and Colzie taking his time and really knowing that he wants to be at ND.

I like ND's chances of landing Thomas on Friday.

For me the chances of ND landing Thornton got warmer. High profile kids want to play with other high profile kids.

If ND gets Thornton I think Styles moves to DB.

Our WR haul from the last 2 classes: Johnson-Watts-Styles-Colzie-Thomas-possibly Thornton. Can't forget Austin.

Comment

Wouldn't that be like people neg recruiting ND because the proximity to Chicago's (usual) mess?
                                      Not sure I buy that as even a slight topic of convo for a recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                        BOOM!! Welcome back to ND Mr. Colzie!!

What do I like most about his recruitment? The same I like about Styles: ND grabbed talent from Georgia's and OSU's backyard.

Great job by the staff here and Colzie taking his time and really knowing that he wants to be at ND.

I like ND's chances of landing Thomas on Friday.

For me the chances of ND landing Thornton got warmer. High profile kids want to play with other high profile kids.

If ND gets Thornton I think Styles moves to DB.

Our WR haul from the last 2 classes: Johnson-Watts-Styles-Colzie-Thomas-possibly Thornton. Can't forget Austin.
                                        Isn't he a heavy Oregon lean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                          yeah he's an Oregon lean (although I would love for ND to land him). right now i'd be working on Theran Johnson and Ceyair Wright in order to keep styles at WR.

Comment

Yes, like Irishman said, but currently he isn't announcing until the H.S. All American game in January. ND still has time to work on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                              Yes, like Irishman said, but currently he isn't announcing until the H.S. All American game in January. ND still has time to work on him.
                                              A visit would go a long way. I'd feel great about our chances after a visit.

ASU is a dark horse here.

Comment

• Lorenzo looks like an excellent punt returner for his school so maybe he could be persuaded to play D and return kicks/punts.

Comment

• Signed already

Comment

• Baller

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZgCbW1krZpA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Hot take comes to fruition
                                                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Major win here

Comment

• He’s growing into that frame really well. That’s a big athlete right there.

Comment

• Goal line dive package?

Comment

• Can't wait to get him on campus, one of my favorites of this class. Goal line, outside receiver; I want to see him on the field.

Comment

• I posted that because I think he’s getting overlooked quite a bit. Message boards filled with comments on how we need to follow up last years WR class because Styles is the only difference maker from that class. It kind of feels like the staff may know something we don’t here. Johnson, Styles, and Colzie at X, W, and Z.

Comment

I posted that because I think he’s getting overlooked quite a bit. Message boards filled with comments on how we need to follow up last years WR class because Styles is the only difference maker from that class. It kind of feels like the staff may know something we don’t here. Johnson, Styles, and Colzie at X, W, and Z.
                                                                    Styles has been the talk of the 2021 WR class, I like what I've been reading about him, but he is also an EE. Johnson, Styles, and Colzie on the field together....damn would love to see that. I think the 2021 WR class is Kelly's best.

Comment

I posted that because I think he’s getting overlooked quite a bit. Message boards filled with comments on how we need to follow up last years WR class because Styles is the only difference maker from that class. It kind of feels like the staff may know something we don't here. Johnson, Styles, and Colzie at X, W, and Z.
                                                                      Made me laugh.

Comment

Made me laugh.
                                                                        Yea, poor wording by me, I'll blame it on lack of sleep, lol. It should read, it kind of feels like the staff knows more than most. Because the knock on winning the Colzie sweepstakes was that the others on his list weren't recruiting him very hard or had spots for him. Similar to the ESB recruitment. And that turned out pretty good.

Comment

• Comment

• I was coming here to post just that. Impressive stuff.

Comment

• If he has good timing when it comes to high pointing a football then look out everybody.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• I’m still pretty shocked we pulled this kid out of Athens
                                                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                  I’m still pretty shocked we pulled this kid out of Athens
                                                                                  From what I heard from my dawg pals (early on) is that UGA's roster was heavy on big WRs, and they just weren't pressing for him.

I was still surprised he signed here too. Someone also mentioned that the HS he went to was a prep school, so perhaps he's just a smart kid lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                                    If he has good timing when it comes to high pointing a football then look out everybody.
                                                                                    As long as he gets a running start! Lol

Comment

• Comment

• Is everyone tuned into the draft or am I the only one that thinks this is really really good time for him?

Comment

• Seems pretty good to me

Comment

Is everyone tuned into the draft or am I the only one that thinks this is really really good time for him?
                                                                                            Uh yeah, that seems pretty great for his size. Feels like we got a big steal here.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Cool story, but does he even traits bro?

Comment

• Looks like he bulked a little too. He looks good.
                                                                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Sub 11 with his size and NOT being a refined track guy is insane. Tremendous upside.

Comment

• I thought the biggest question for him was "wiggle". Still that's a great speed for his size.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                      Sub 11 with his size and NOT being a refined track guy is insane. Tremendous upside.
                                                                                                      I was going to say the same thing. If he can track the ball well and if he has good acceleration, could be a monster pick up for us.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X