Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 GA WR Deion Colzie (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T Town Tommy View Post
    I think spots filling up is the main reason he hasn't committed and the fact that GA hasn't given him the green light yet. I think Ga has others higher on their board and I think they are only taking 1-2 more WRs. Ga is looking for more speed at the position and, while Colzie is tall, his speed isn't elite. I don't know where Fla is at with him. They seem to be pursuing him hardest right now, but they already have 3-4 WR's committed.
    Surprising that GA hasn't given him the green light, especially since he is in their backyard, and they are looking at more speed. Given that FL has 3-4 WR's committed you'd think they would be done at WR.

Would still love to see him at ND besides he and Thornton who else is ND pursuing at WR?

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
      Surprising that GA hasn't given him the green light, especially since he is in their backyard, and they are looking at more speed. Given that FL has 3-4 WR's committed you'd think they would be done at WR.

Would still love to see him at ND besides he and Thornton who else is ND pursuing at WR?
      I think Ga sees Colzie as being two years away from contributing. I don't know if that is a good assessment or not but they seem to be looking for instant impact players who can contribute from day one. Their W corp was lacking last year IMO.

Crusader, Lucky, and others would know more about where ND stands with offensive skill position player recruiting. Colzie committed to the Irish once and hopefully he does again.

Comment

• Seems the best opportunity all around has always been ND. It seems unlikely he recommits though.

Comment

• If he is getting strung along by UGA, Bama, and Florida ND might get him by default

Comment

• What makes you think he’s been strung along by Florida?

I ask because that’s not the impression I got. Sounds they are all in on him pressing as the best combination of academics and athletics ‘close’ to home.

Comment

This Lucky. My thinking would be the same. Maybe they are forcing out someone already committed?

Comment

• '21 GA WR Deion Colzie (Offer)

Originally posted by irishandy View Post

Those two and Jayden Thomas are the big three ND is pursuing.

Give me 2 of those 3 a d I’d be very happy. Give me all 3 and ND hit a grand slam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by T Town Tommy View Post
                  I think Ga sees Colzie as being two years away from contributing. I don't know if that is a good assessment or not but they seem to be looking for instant impact players who can contribute from day one.
                  Call me crazy, but that's seems like a slap in the face to Colzie that it will take him 2 years from contributing. To me GA has been a run first offense, I can't think of a WR from there since AJ Green.

Comment

Call me crazy, but that's seems like a slap in the face to Colzie that it will take him 2 years from contributing. To me GA has been a run first offense, I can't think of a WR from there since AJ Green.

Isaiah Mackenzie?

Comment

• Mecole Hardman

Comment

• I was thinking more Riley Ridley

Comment

• Demetris Robertson stats have not been impressive.

I think Colzie is better than a couple year project.

Comment

• Slowly coming back around...

I stand by what I've said all along, this will be interesting down the stretch.
                            Last edited by Irish Man3; 08-25-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                              Slowly coming back around...

Context/source?

Comment

• In this premium ISD article Freeman explains that he thinks it's time for ND fans to start getting back into this recruitment.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/12990...-for-tuesday/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                  In this premium ISD article Freeman explains that he thinks it's time for ND fans to start getting back into this recruitment.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/12990...-for-tuesday/1
                                  Interesting, thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• I seem to remember another GA decommit that came back and had a solid career for ND... (granted he was decommitted for about 48 hours or something lol)

Comment

• For those that care about such things, if he were to come back and if we were to get the remaining two that most seem to expect (Mokiao-Atimalala and Thomas), our class by points would have finished #10 in last years final class rankings. This would be pretty good considering the lost momentum from COVID that had most here feeling like a #15ish class was more likely.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                        I seem to remember another GA decommit that came back and had a solid career for ND... (granted he was decommitted for about 48 hours or something lol)
                                        Stephon Tuitt was a wild 36 hours

Comment

• Loy is also putting out some smoke.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...9/#150667319_1

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• just want to point out my sig ....
                                            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                              For those that care about such things, if he were to come back and if we were to get the remaining two that most seem to expect (Mokiao-Atimalala and Thomas), our class by points would have finished #10 in last years final class rankings. This would be pretty good considering the lost momentum from COVID that had most here feeling like a #15ish class was more likely.
                                              What would it be by player rank?
                                              I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                Slowly coming back around...

You care to elaborate?

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                  just want to point out my sig ....
                                                  You prefer Ben-Gay or Icy Hot? lol

Comment

• Would be pretty cool!
                                                    "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• Originally posted by irish4ever View Post
                                                      You care to elaborate?
                                                      The longer this played out, the better it was going to be for the Irish. He has the best relationships with the Irish staff/players. Negative recruiting and distance got in his head a little bit, on top of his mother's health problems.

His mother hasn't wavered off her idea of wanting him to end up in South Bend. He has checked a few local schools out and there just hasn't been much traction. Despite some reports, the communication has been there throughout and now things are slowly starting to come back around. Rees and staff have done a nice job here.

Comment

• Who was the poster who was shaming others for holding out hope on this recruitment? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                          Who was the poster who was shaming others for holding out hope on this recruitment? lol

Weren't there multiple?
                                                          I thought that was during the moment of Covid where everyone thought we'd finish outside the top 25 class lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                            Weren't there multiple?
                                                            I thought that was during the moment of Covid where everyone thought we'd finish outside the top 25 class lol
                                                            There was some very recent Colzie doubt. And we still may not land him, but I just think the premise that ND had no shot was silly.

Comment

• his mom interacts with ND recruits on twitter alot and still seems all in on ND. Hopefully Momma gets what she wants in the end :)
                                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                his mom interacts with ND recruits on twitter alot and still seems all in on ND. Hopefully Momma gets what she wants in the end :)
                                                                They usually do :)

Comment

his mom interacts with ND recruits on twitter alot and still seems all in on ND. Hopefully Momma gets what she wants in the end :)
                                                                  This^^^^ Momma Colzie and Blake Fisher were back and forth yesterday or the day before on Twitter! She's social media active

Comment

• Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
                                                                    This^^^^ Momma Colzie and Blake Fisher were back and forth yesterday or the day before on Twitter! She's social media active
                                                                    ironically, from listener to the various podcasts this week it seems like the biggest pro for Colzie is his mom's favoritism for ND and the biggest con is her health which folks say might make Colzie prefer to stay home in the south.
                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
                                                                      Thats, 5* Mayor , Fisher.

Comment

• BOOM!!

I've always had a feeling that ND was still in this. Normally when we lose a kid they go right to their backup plan and commit elsewhere. Colzie has kept his recruitment open.

Let's get those GA WR's apart of this class!!

Blake is a bad ass!

Comment

BOOM!!

I've always had a feeling that ND was still in this. Normally when we lose a kid they go right to their backup plan and commit elsewhere. Colzie has kept his recruitment open.

Let's get those GA WR's apart of this class!!

Blake is a bad ass!
                                                                          has he kept it open or have some schools kept it open for him?

Probably will never know the full story and he may or may not end up at ND, but his reasons for decommitting havent changed either.

Could be an interesting follow.
                                                                          Prehistoric

Comment

• IIRC correctly wan't Caleb Kelly's mom HYPER twitter active and she seemed very pro ND and that one didn't turn out in our favor. Not that they are mutually inclusive but this doesn't always work out.

With that being said, it is nice that he is still in the mix and what a huge get it would be to get him back on board.
                                                                            My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                                              IIRC correctly wan't Caleb Kelly's mom HYPER twitter active and she seemed very pro ND and that one didn't turn out in our favor. Not that they are mutually inclusive but this doesn't always work out.

With that being said, it is nice that he is still in the mix and what a huge get it would be to get him back on board.
                                                                              correct but in the end she left the decision up to Caleb. Even Asa Turner's mom was pro-ND but she did the same and Asa chose UW
                                                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

correct but in the end she left the decision up to Caleb. Even Asa Turner's mom was pro-ND but she did the same and Asa chose UW
                                                                                And Caleb left the decision up to a coin flip.... I remember all the time I wasted following that recruitment

Comment

• Originally posted by 317Irish View Post
                                                                                  And Caleb left the decision up to a coin flip.... I remember all the time I wasted following that recruitment
                                                                                  he wasn't so lucky in the end with injuries tbf
                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

Just tell your kids what to do.

Comment

• There have been plenty of Mother's and parents that prefered ND, but ultimately left it up to their son, which is what any parent should do as long as they see their son is looking at everything before making a decision. Having said that, I fully supported Tuitt's mom for stepping in and overruling. lol

Comment

• Didn't Kory Minor's mom also make up his mind for him, something about being able to buy him a coat because it was cold .. I'm sure someone here knows the story.

Comment

• flip side is theres been kids at ND who simply never behaved or acted like they wanted to be there in the first place
                                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                                                            Didn't Kory Minor's mom also make up his mind for him, something about being able to buy him a coat because it was cold .. I'm sure someone here knows the story.
                                                                                            I think the comment was, when he said it was cold there, his mom said I can buy you a coat. I can't buy you a Notre Dame education.

Comment

• Are we back in the drivers seat for Deion?

https://www.uhnd.com/recruiting/2020...me+Football%29

Comment

• Loy says yes

Comment

• Originally posted by WilliamWallace View Post
                                                                                                  Are we back in the drivers seat for Deion?

https://www.uhnd.com/recruiting/2020...me+Football%29
                                                                                                  Some people definitely think we are. Apparently, he didn't love his visits to some of the southern schools and we've been recruiting him hard since the decommitment.

For him to pick someone like Tennessee at this point would almost be a self-fulfilling prophecy that it wasn't going to work out in the long run for him at ND, whereas if he picks ND everyone will say it's like Tuitt. The narrative will write itself. Regardless, given our situation at WR, I'm very much so hoping he hops back in the fold.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                    Some people definitely think we are. Apparently, he didn't love his visits to some of the southern schools and we've been recruiting him hard since the decommitment.

For him to pick someone like Tennessee at this point would almost be a self-fulfilling prophecy that it wasn't going to work out in the long run for him at ND, whereas if he picks ND everyone will say it's like Tuitt. The narrative will write itself. Regardless, given our situation at WR, I'm very much so hoping he hops back in the fold.
                                                                                                    I'll take Styles, Colzie, Thomas all day. Thornton I'd still push for too but he seems like a long shot.

Comment

• Picked up two futurecasts on Rivals from Mike Singer and Zach Berry.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...recast-reasons

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X