Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 GA WR Deion Colzie (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For what ever reason t his keeps happening. I am not sure why. But i don't know that we'll ever be able to bring atop 10 class in year in and year out.
    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
      Yep. The Alabamas, Ohio States, Clemsons of the world are shitheads.
      Yes, but they're Elite shitheads and you don't have to play school at those places.

Comment

• Per the SBT article this morning he visited Georgia a few weeks ago.

I love it when these kids say academics are important to them. I talked to a college football fan at a game this year who said Justin Fields never steps foot on OSU's campus for school, he takes online courses. The same goes for Joe Burrow at LSU.

I hope ND never changes it's academic load for student athletes.

As I said above if Colzie wants to be in an Irish uniform and be apart of the 2021 class I believe he'll recommit.

Remember Demetris Robertson 5* recruit, take a look at his stats: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tris-robertson At this point I wouldn't call Robertson a flop, but for a prior 5* WR I would've expected better.

If Jordan Johnson gets enough PT this year he'll have a better year than Robertson did in 2019.

Does Colzie want to test the waters?? Is he that good? I read comments on 247 that his mom was in ND's corner big time...hopefully he'll comeback to ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
          This is just so Notre Dame. COVID-19 hits, recruiting gets shut down, we lose momemtim with a number of critical recruits, now this. Meanwhile, over in Columbus, recruiting has never been hotter...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
          OSU is recruiting their tits off in 2020
          The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
            Ohio State is crushing it. I guess they are immune to recruiting stoppages.
            Thereís no ďstoppage,Ē itís just a dead period, which means no in-person contact.

Coaches can still call, text, tweet, and send out fancy mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
              OSU is recruiting their tits off in 2020
              I guess ND just ain't showing our tits to recruits.

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
              Thereís no ďstoppage,Ē itís just a dead period, which means no in-person contact.

If I am ND right now I call, text, or tweet to get a hold of Colzie!
              I'd guess Georgia got in his ear. If he is in their backyard why didn't he commit to them in the first place?

Comment

• ND & OU put Kirby and his staff in a bad spot. Both Colzie and Vandergriff committed elsewhere. Both uncommitted from elsewhere after "trips" to campus, Vandergriff flipped.

I wonder what happens if Colzie is the #53 WR, instead of #3?

Time to move on with new offers:

J. Michael Sturdivant should have been offered 6 months ago.
                Keontez Lewis from East StL IL
                Jack Bech - St Thomas More - LA

If they're qualifiers:
                Reece Jesse out of KY
                Demetrius Cannon - Trinity Catholic - StL

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                  There’s no “stoppage,” it’s just a dead period, which means no in-person contact.

Then I guess we aren't doing the dead period as well as others. Particularly OSU.
                  Last edited by Sea Turtle; 03-21-2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Then I guess we aren't doing the dead period as well as others. Particularly OSU.
                    It’s true. ND isn’t willing to overwhelm kids with communication. Ohio State does it, and they do it well.

My first instinct is that it’s tacky to bombard high schoolers with communication every single day... but apparently the kids like it.

I also appreciate that ND recruits kids that aren’t necessarily the types of kids that need that attention 24/7... but they need to figure out which kids it’s worth switching gears to that type of recruitment for if BK wants to back up his talk about top-5 classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                      Itís true. ND isnít willing to overwhelm kids with communication. Ohio State does it, and they do it well.

My first instinct is that itís tacky to bombard high schoolers with communication every single day... but apparently the kids like it.

I also appreciate that ND recruits kids that arenít necessarily the types of kids that need that attention 24/7... but they need to figure out which kids itís worth switching gears to that type of recruitment for if BK wants to back up his talk about top-5 classes.
                      And this is really where my concern stems from. Iím not a fan that says top 5 or bust, at all. But now we have to play by these rules and there are undoubtedly going to be folks that judge this class and all future classes by those numbers. Anything less will be failure. Could be a brutal recruiting stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                        And this is really where my concern stems from. Iím not a fan that says top 5 or bust, at all. But now we have to play by these rules and there are undoubtedly going to be folks that judge this class and all future classes by those numbers. Anything less will be failure. Could be a brutal recruiting stretch.
                        We aren't getting top 5 classes imo. ND just makes it too hard on itself.

But top 10 classes consistently would be great.

Comment

• Did ND have a good relationship with Colzie and keep the communication going? Did he commit too soon? Did Colzie use ND as leverage?

If OSU is keeping in contact with their recruits everyday I can't disagree with how they are recruiting. I'd like to see some insight on how ND recruits.

Look at Jimmy Clausen (yeah that was 13 years ago), but Pete Carroll called him 2 days before he was set to leave for ND and he said no thanks. Stephon Tuitt eventually had to tell Georgia Tech he was recommitting to ND.

I still think someone got in Colzie's ear when he visited Georgia. I think there are some questions that need to get answered with this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                            Did ND have a good relationship with Colzie and keep the communication going? Did he commit too soon? Did Colzie use ND as leverage?

If OSU is keeping in contact with their recruits everyday I can't disagree with how they are recruiting. I'd like to see some insight on how ND recruits.

Look at Jimmy Clausen (yeah that was 13 years ago), but Pete Carroll called him 2 days before he was set to leave for ND and he said no thanks. Stephon Tuitt eventually had to tell Georgia Tech he was recommitting to ND.

I still think someone got in Colzie's ear when he visited Georgia. I think there are some questions that need to get answered with this one.
                            They've been in his ear way before the visit. The visit happened because EVERYONE is in his ear, the UGA staff, folks from his school, from the Athens area, Vandergriff and the other UGA commits, every UGA fan on social media.

Vandergriff flipping back to UGA was the worst thing to happen for ND.

I wonder what odds Vegas would have given ND to land all three of... a 4.66* WR from Columbus, a 4.9* WR from Athens and a 5* QB from Reggie Bush's HS?

Whatever it was, I'd have bet every penny available they wouldn't land all 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                              They've been in his ear way before the visit. The visit happened because EVERYONE is in his ear, the UGA staff, folks from his school, from the Athens area, Vandergriff and the other UGA commits, every UGA fan on social media.

Vandergriff flipping back to UGA was the worst thing to happen for ND.

I wonder what odds Vegas would have given ND to land all three of... a 4.66* WR from Columbus, a 4.9* WR from Athens and a 5* QB from Reggie Bush's HS?

Whatever it was, I'd have bet every penny available they wouldn't land all 3.
                              What % do you give him recommitting to ND?

Comment

What % do you give him recommitting to ND?
                                1.89773%

Comment

ND & OU put Kirby and his staff in a bad spot. Both Colzie and Vandergriff committed elsewhere. Both uncommitted from elsewhere after "trips" to campus, Vandergriff flipped.

I wonder what happens if Colzie is the #53 WR, instead of #3?

Time to move on with new offers:

J. Michael Sturdivant should have been offered 6 months ago.
                                  Keontez Lewis from East StL IL
                                  Jack Bech - St Thomas More - LA

If they're qualifiers:
                                  Reece Jesse out of KY
                                  Demetrius Cannon - Trinity Catholic - StL
                                  DEKEL CROWDUS!!

Comment

• I heard he was lured away by a 4 pack of TP and travel size Purel.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                      DEKEL CROWDUS!!
                                      Doesn't sound like this is a match. I don't see Stanford offering either.

Comment

Doesn't sound like this is a match. I don't see Stanford offering either.
                                        What a shame. Kid can fly

Comment

• I saw a Tweet from what seemed to be a family member asking ND fans to stop tweeting negative things about Deion.
                                          I really don't think we have fans that would go out of their way to do such a thing and If we do please exit the building. We Don't need to shame a kid for his decisions.
                                          Now for my tinfoil hat routine... I wonder If these "fans" have another team they are really supporting.
                                          I'll look for the tweet and post when I find It.
                                          I was smarter when I drank...
                                          I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Circa View Post
                                            I saw a Tweet from what seemed to be a family member asking ND fans to stop tweeting negative things about Deion.
                                            I really don't think we have fans that would go out of their way to do such a thing and If we do please exit the building. We Don't need to shame a kid for his decisions.
                                            Now for my tinfoil hat routine... I wonder If these "fans" have another team they are really supporting.
                                            There's always some from every fanbase that will do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Circa View Post
                                              I saw a Tweet from what seemed to be a family member asking ND fans to stop tweeting negative things about Deion.

It was from his mother

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't mind reading players social media pages, but simply put....LEAVE KIDS ALONE ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND DON'T GIVE THEM $HIT.

Comment

• IF and only IF the lack of communication or some sort of lack of love is the issue here then thatís brutal. Brian Kelly certainly shot himself in the foot with that top 5 comment and now stuff like this is gonna make it look even worse. Kidís like this are needed to compete with the Ohio Stateís and Clemsonís and unfortunately thatís not happening enough.

As for the lack of love. GET WITH THE TIMES ND. More kids than ever want to be wooed and loved up before ever setting foot on campus for a visit. They like the attention and thatís just the way it is. Braiden McGregor who didnít even have Clemson in his final 2 said the Clemson staff texted him everyday. Fred Davis II said he spoke (or texted) to a Clemson person everyday from being offered to committing. Those might be bad examples but the point Iím making is Clemson isnít having academically ineligible players and havenít had an arrest in 3 years or something which is an even better track record than ND and for some reason i keep hearing ND needs to recruit a certain kind of player. Thatís true to an extent but Pete Sampson mentioned it is easier to get kids into ND than people think and ND can work with some academically challenged kids. The perception that ND should or will only recruit a kid thatís a 4.0 and is called once a week is a farce and a half. If youíve got some guys that donít need the attention and donít care for the tacky recruiting tactics of calling everyday then thatís fine but sheesh if Deion Colzie and 6í4Ē 4.5* from Athens, GA wants to talk more, CALL (OR TEXT) HIM EVERYDAY.

If you want to beat Clemson and Ohio State and those schools at recruiting then a lack of communication or incorrect strategy (putting it kindly) is not gonna cut it. And Iíll finish by saying once again, this is my feelings IF he wasnít getting communication from the staff. If itís something related to UGA then thatís far more understandable cause it was always gonna be a tough pull.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                                                    IF and only IF the lack of communication or some sort of lack of love is the issue here then thatís brutal. Brian Kelly certainly shot himself in the foot with that top 5 comment and now stuff like this is gonna make it look even worse. Kidís like this are needed to compete with the Ohio Stateís and Clemsonís and unfortunately thatís not happening enough.

As for the lack of love. GET WITH THE TIMES ND. More kids than ever want to be wooed and loved up before ever setting foot on campus for a visit. They like the attention and thatís just the way it is. Braiden McGregor who didnít even have Clemson in his final 2 said the Clemson staff texted him everyday. Fred Davis II said he spoke (or texted) to a Clemson person everyday from being offered to committing. Those might be bad examples but the point Iím making is Clemson isnít having academically ineligible players and havenít had an arrest in 3 years or something which is an even better track record than ND and for some reason i keep hearing ND needs to recruit a certain kind of player. Thatís true to an extent but Pete Sampson mentioned it is easier to get kids into ND than people think and ND can work with some academically challenged kids. The perception that ND should or will only recruit a kid thatís a 4.0 and is called once a week is a farce and a half. If youíve got some guys that donít need the attention and donít care for the tacky recruiting tactics of calling everyday then thatís fine but sheesh if Deion Colzie and 6í4Ē 4.5* from Athens, GA wants to talk more, CALL (OR TEXT) HIM EVERYDAY.

If you want to beat Clemson and Ohio State and those schools at recruiting then a lack of communication or incorrect strategy (putting it kindly) is not gonna cut it. And Iíll finish by saying once again, this is my feelings IF he wasnít getting communication from the staff. If itís something related to UGA then thatís far more understandable cause it was always gonna be a tough pull.
                                                    We all want to beat Clemson and Ohio State. But it's not happening.

Comment

We all want to beat Clemson and Ohio State. But it's not happening.
                                                      If we wanted a top 5 class or even a top 8 class weíd need to beat Clemson and Ohio State for at least a couple of recruits. And I donít mean beating their class ranking cause it wonít happen but being in the top 5 would mean being in the same ballpark and getting some seriously good dudes

QB - Buchner
                                                      RB - Shipley
                                                      WR - Colzie, Dontíe Thornton, Jayden Thomas
                                                      TE - Fidone, Berrong
                                                      OL - Rucci, Spindler, Fisher, Dellinger
                                                      DL - Rubio, Armitage, Abiara
                                                      LB - Zavier Carter, Zakee Wheatley, Ryan Barnes
                                                      DB - Ceyair Wright, Styles Jr, Deuce Harmon, Mokiao-Atimalala, Justin Walters

This is an example of an absurd ND class. I took some serious speculation on LB and DB cause I frankly have no earthly idea who could be in that group so I picked many of the highest rated guys for exercise purposes. Basically with all of this class, which would be ridiculous, ND would have finished 4th last year. The point is, in order to get into the Clemson and Ohio State conversation of recruiting, we have to win some serious recruiting battles.

Comment

• Still in our corner

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Letís ggggggoooooooooo!!! <a href="https://t.co/CjiZXdAV0g">https://t.co/CjiZXdAV0g</a></p>&mdash; Yolanda Jackson (@YolandaColzie) <a href="https://twitter.com/YolandaColzie/status/1253856728518725633?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
                                                          Still in our corner

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Letís ggggggoooooooooo!!! <a href="https://t.co/CjiZXdAV0g">https://t.co/CjiZXdAV0g</a></p>&mdash; Yolanda Jackson (@YolandaColzie) <a href="https://twitter.com/YolandaColzie/status/1253856728518725633?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                          In a recent video with Sinclair, Loy mentioned that there is still a lot of communication going on between ND and Colzie. Also pointed out that mom wants him at ND.

Comment

• He did an interview with BGI where he said ND is still in his top group and recruiting him just as hard as everyone else.

Comment

• Good to hear! Don't give up and plenty of time to get him back in the class.

C'mon momma bear - bring your cub home!
                                                              I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• Yea, this should be no surprise. His family is very pro-ND.

I am a little surprised that she is retweeting ND draft news though. haha
                                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• I mean Buchner is going to be throwing him the ball while Tosh, Carmody, Fisher, Spindler, et al are blocking and Tyree and potentially Shipley in the backfield and opposite Jordan Johnson. So yeah, come on down and be part of it Mr. Colzie

Comment

• Originally posted by InKellyWeTrust View Post
                                                                    I mean Buchner is going to be throwing him the ball while Tosh, Carmody, Fisher, Spindler, et al are blocking and Tyree and potentially Shipley in the backfield and opposite Jordan Johnson. So yeah, come on down and be part of it Mr. Colzie
                                                                    Who would want to be a part of that

Comment

I mean Buchner is going to be throwing him the ball while Tosh, Carmody, Fisher, Spindler, et al are blocking and Tyree and potentially Shipley in the backfield and opposite Jordan Johnson. So yeah, come on down and be part of it Mr. Colzie
                                                                      I would imagine if you broke that down for UGA and Alabama (the main competition) it would probably favor them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                        I would imagine if you broke that down for UGA and Alabama (the main competition) it would probably favor them.
                                                                        Good for them but I dont care what they have. I like what Kelly is building offensively in these 2 classes and Colzie should take a hard look to see if he wants to be part.

Comment

Good for them but I dont care what they have. I like what Kelly is building offensively in these 2 classes and Colzie should take a hard look to see if he wants to be part.
                                                                          Yeah, I recognize that you don't care, but you're not a 2021 WR recruit looking into UGA, Alabama, and ND. He probably cares and so, if you're going to break it down to recruiting, we don't win that battle.

It's not that I don't like what ND is putting together offensively. Although, not all the recruits listed have even verballed to ND, nevermind signed 😂😂😂 But I like the optimism

Comment

Yeah, I recognize that you don't care, but you're not a 2021 WR recruit looking into UGA, Alabama, and ND. He probably cares and so, if you're going to break it down to recruiting, we don't win that battle.

It's not that I don't like what ND is putting together offensively. Although, not all the recruits listed have even verballed to ND, nevermind signed 😂😂😂 But I like the optimism
                                                                            I get it. I still dont care what Bama or UGA are doing. I'm sure Colzie does. It sounds like you may. Obviously there is more to recruiting than the potential other recruits in the class. Sorry for being optimistic. You may proceed with your Bama and UGA comparisons.

Comment

• I can VERY easily see how Colzie could see ND's potential situation on anybody's level and possibly better, especially at the moment. ND's personnel is as good at the glamour spots as any + they just had the most Colzie-like WR become a multi-millionaire with the Steelers.

Comment

• So is this just a case of him wanting to take visits, and being unable to do so while remaining 'committed?'

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                                  So is this just a case of him wanting to take visits, and being unable to do so while remaining 'committed?'
                                                                                  Nope, it was a little deeper than that. Distance became a factor and some other local recruits got in his ear.

Comment

Nope, it was a little deeper than that. Distance became a factor and some other local recruits got in his ear.
                                                                                    So do we still have an actual shot here?

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                                                                                      So do we still have an actual shot here?
                                                                                      I think so. There was a very good article in the South Bend Tribune about their family dynamic. He has a very close relationship with is mother and she suffered from very bad PTSD when he was growing up. He took care of her quite a bit at that time and I'm sure it's hard for him to leave home because of it. Even though, I think she seems much better now and wants her son to do so. With that said, I'm not sure any mother would force her son to leave town, lol.

Comment

• i recently read he wants to visit oregon as he has a good relationship blah blah blah....if you are concerned with distance...oregon shouldn't be on your list
                                                                                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• ND needs to get him on campus in June with the rest of the recruits. I think this comes down to that he needs to fall back in love with ND.

I always thought he could end up still choosing ND, much like Lenzy did.

Can you imagine if Colzie and Shipley committed to ND in June??

Comment

ND needs to get him on campus in June with the rest of the recruits. I think this comes down to that he needs to fall back in love with ND.

I always thought he could end up still choosing ND, much like Lenzy did.

Can you imagine if Colzie and Shipley committed to ND in June??
                                                                                            As of now, the plan is for Shipley to commit before his June visit.

Comment

As of now, the plan is for Shipley to commit before his June visit.
                                                                                              Guess there's different ways to look at that? Maybe he knows the visit isn't going to happen which would mean it's Clemson. Or he knows it's ND and will visit as a commit.

Comment

Guess there's different ways to look at that? Maybe he knows the visit isn't going to happen which would mean it's Clemson. Or he knows it's ND and will visit as a commit.
                                                                                                When he scheduled that, he seemed to have every intention of making it. However, he's getting tired of the process and wanted to be done with it already. He will indeed have to commit to ND if he wants to make that visit as Clemson does now allow commits to take other visits.

Comment

When he scheduled that, he seemed to have every intention of making it. However, he's getting tired of the process and wanted to be done with it already. He will indeed have to commit to ND if he wants to make that visit as Clemson does now allow commits to take other visits.
                                                                                                  Good call. I donít recall a recruitment being this up in the air.

Comment

Good call. I donít recall a recruitment being this up in the air.
                                                                                                    See Tillery, Tuitt, Aaron Lynch among others just to name a few

Comment

• Originally posted by Southside Sully View Post
                                                                                                      See Tillery, Tuitt, Aaron Lynch among others just to name a few
                                                                                                      EDIT: Wrong thread

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X