Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 IN OT Blake Fisher (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blake has some real character and maturity, can't wait to see him play on Saturdays.

    Comment


    • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You don’t worry about fitting in when you custom made...�� �� <a href="https://t.co/uboTqokM3u">pic.twitter.com/uboTqokM3u</a></p>&mdash; Blake Fisher (@bfisher54_) <a href="https://twitter.com/bfisher54_/status/1344040776645275649?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
        Love Blake as a player and love him as just a member of this team. I honestly think he's one of those freak jumbo left tackles, but I know he will face some tough competition there so perhaps he ends up at right tackle. I don't think he moves inside. But I think his floor is Aaron Banks and his ceiling is "whoa".
        Yea, his ceiling is definitely “whoa”.

        Comment


        • He already looks like he’s drop some of the bad weight. So, he’s the future RT?

          Comment


          • Looks too skinny. Could be the angle or something.

            Comment


            • I wouldn't say skinny by any means (dude's crazy tall and long so he should carry 300 pretty easily), but he definitely looks more like a college athlete than some of his HS photos. I've had my fingers crossed he can stick at tackle given how talented he is, and that photo gives me some hope.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
                Looks too skinny. Could be the angle or something.
                I mean, he’s barely a freshman
                60% of the time, it works every time.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
                  Looks too skinny. Could be the angle or something.
                  Perfect....he can play tackle!!

                  I've mentioned this in the Oline thread I believe, but I listened to a podcast that mentioned that Quinn has been recruiting a lot of guard/interior bodies and they'd like to see more natural tackles come in, much like Hiestand used to recruit. They thought it was easier to transition a tackle to interior than vice versa. Made sense.
                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                  Comment


                  • See on the Twitter people refer to him as “the Mayor”. I assume that was related to recruiting. Any idea if it has carried over?

                    Comment


                    • He's exactly who I want at guard. Someone who is light on their feet, can pull and demolish second level guys. If we need him at tackle then I hope he can play that as well but Blake's frame screams steamroller.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post

                        Perfect....he can play tackle!!

                        I've mentioned this in the Oline thread I believe, but I listened to a podcast that mentioned that Quinn has been recruiting a lot of guard/interior bodies and they'd like to see more natural tackles come in, much like Hiestand used to recruit. They thought it was easier to transition a tackle to interior than vice versa. Made sense.
                        Which podcast if I may ask? Because I think offseason podcasts can get a little nitpicky or ridiculous with commentary. Quinn seems to be doing the exact same thing. These are the buckets, OT only, OT/OG, and OG/OC only. Last cycle we had OT only in Alt, OT/OG in Johnson/Fisher, and then OG/OC only in Spinlder/Coogan.

                        '20 cycle we had Baker OT only and Carmody who is a OT/OG.

                        So, in the last two closed cycles, he's recruited 2 OT only guys. Then 3 players that could play OT. And of those 3 guys that could play tackle we're talking about some really athletic big dudes in Carmody and Fisher.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Valpodoc85 View Post
                          See on the Twitter people refer to him as “the Mayor”. I assume that was related to recruiting. Any idea if it has carried over?
                          yep thats going to get confussing with a certain TE standing next to him.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                            Which podcast if I may ask? Because I think offseason podcasts can get a little nitpicky or ridiculous with commentary. Quinn seems to be doing the exact same thing. These are the buckets, OT only, OT/OG, and OG/OC only. Last cycle we had OT only in Alt, OT/OG in Johnson/Fisher, and then OG/OC only in Spinlder/Coogan.

                            '20 cycle we had Baker OT only and Carmody who is a OT/OG.

                            So, in the last two closed cycles, he's recruited 2 OT only guys. Then 3 players that could play OT. And of those 3 guys that could play tackle we're talking about some really athletic big dudes in Carmody and Fisher.
                            Agree with the buckets and where you have guys listed but to be fair, I think Johnson, Fisher, and Carmody would fall into the OT only category at almost every school except Bama, ND, OSU....and maybe UGA, Clemson and Wiscy?

                            I also think the transition from OT to OG has worked out pretty well under Quinn considering last years starting line (which was great) was made up of 5 guys who probably all would have been playing tackle at 90% of the schools across D1 football.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jspags10pg View Post

                              Agree with the buckets and where you have guys listed but to be fair, I think Johnson, Fisher, and Carmody would fall into the OT only category at almost every school except Bama, ND, OSU....and maybe UGA, Clemson and Wiscy?

                              I also think the transition from OT to OG has worked out pretty well under Quinn considering last years starting line (which was great) was made up of 5 guys who probably all would have been playing tackle at 90% of the schools across D1 football.
                              Yea. Some of these podcasts are tough to listen too. Trying to find things to complain about.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                Yea. Some of these podcasts are tough to listen too. Trying to find things to complain about.
                                I’d say it’s just to talk about. Podcasts should not be weekly or whatever their schedule is if they can’t provide content for the period they are trying to fulfill. Some sports podcast just go dormant or change their frequency in off seasons and that’s probably for the best for 99% of them. You can’t think of something to really talk about or concrete news, complaining comes out.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                  Yea. Some of these podcasts are tough to listen too. Trying to find things to complain about.
                                  In all honesty that's what I thought about it as well. And for the life of me I can't remember what the podcast was.
                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                  Comment




                                  • Keeping my hopes of OT alive.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post


                                      Keeping my hopes of OT alive.
                                      He's definitely a tackle.

                                      And I think he should remain at LT, personally. If he was from a state down south, he would have been a for sure 5 star, I think.
                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

                                        He's definitely a tackle.

                                        And I think he should remain at LT, personally. If he was from a state down south, he would have been a for sure 5 star, I think.
                                        Eh, he's definitely "capable".
                                        But I still think he could be a mean SOB Quenton Nelson type of game changing guard.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

                                          He's definitely a tackle.

                                          And I think he should remain at LT, personally. If he was from a state down south, he would have been a for sure 5 star, I think.
                                          Ideally I think we’d want him to be a RT, no?

                                          Baker on the left and Fisher in the right. Fisher slides to Left when Baker heads to the league.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                            Ideally I think we’d want him to be a RT, no?

                                            Baker on the left and Fisher in the right. Fisher slides to Left when Baker heads to the league.
                                            I suspect they're just getting a sample size to see where he's at so the can better identify their options when the need arises.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                              Ideally I think we’d want him to be a RT, no?

                                              Baker on the left and Fisher in the right. Fisher slides to Left when Baker heads to the league.
                                              I definitely think he could play RT until Baker is gone, but I think it just depends on if Baker is capable of being that good.

                                              I think Blake has the goods. I think he's far more athletic than most give him credit for and he is massive and even has technique beyond his years.
                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                              Comment


                                              • I think the rest of college football will look back and recognize Blake was always a 5* and the best O-Lineman in the entire 2021 class. The comparable was Evan Neal at Bama and Fish's coming out swinging just like Neal did. Nothing wrong with having to hold down an OG spot for a year until Patterson goes pro. Neal did the same waiting for Wills to leave. What will be really interesting is if Alt shows up in '22 at 320lbs and a Top 3 or 4 lineman. Obviously, the OL would be best served if Blake stayed inside and let Baker/Alt stay outside but I'll worry about that if/when.

                                                If the best line ended up being = Patterson - Fisher - Correll - Carroll - Baker... that's great because that's better for next year's team. Sucks for Lugg and Gibbons but if they know this by the B&G game, they'd be able to move on if playing was more important that staying. I expect Lugg to start if healthy so that 2nd OG spot is going to be a Battle Royale.

                                                Comment


                                                • I wanna see some clips of this guy against players in practice. He was manhandling guys at camps/events, I'd like to see how he's handling the big boys at the next level. Seems like a great kid from a good family, rooting hard for him.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • From what they’ve shown he’s certainly had his moments where he looked every bit as good as advertised if not better.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Adsense

                                                    Collapse
                                                    Working...
                                                    X