Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 CA QB Tyler Buchner (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to find a way to get him on the field in some capacity this year imo. Won’t hold my breath though

Comment

• If there is a plan, I think it's gotta be that he learns and grows for 1 year under Coan and then is the starting QB in 22'. Hopefully the paid sites can get some coverage of Spring Practice and we can see some video of Buchner. It's only appropriate to get way to excited about practice bombs that he'll inevitably throw to JJ and Styles Jr.

Comment

• If you're not prepared for 3 years of Drew Pyne and Buchner at Cal by 2023 you're not an ND fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDVirginia19 View Post
          I am just preparing myself to be immeasurably disappointed so anything good with his career is a pleasant surprise
          I think we should all consider seeing therapists
          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
            If you're not prepared for 3 years of Drew Pyne and Buchner at Cal by 2023 you're not an ND fan.
            I see him playing at SDSU

Comment

• I know (and understand) the "if you have 2 qbs, you actually have 0" saying.

But, damn if I don't find myself thinking "surely there's a way where this could work"... Lol

I think there styles / experience play so polar of one another that it could, maybe make some sense...maybe. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                If there is a plan, I think it's gotta be that he learns and grows for 1 year under Coan and then is the starting QB in 22'. Hopefully the paid sites can get some coverage of Spring Practice and we can see some video of Buchner. It's only appropriate to get way to excited about practice bombs that he'll inevitably throw to JJ and Styles Jr.
                I think this makes the most sense. Give him his four games, preserve a year of eligibility and give him the reigns in '22.
                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                  I think this makes the most sense. Give him his four games, preserve a year of eligibility and give him the reigns in '22.
                  really, really don't think that's a concern for a near 5 star recruit.

Comment

• The amount of times I've tricked myself into there being a plan that would work out... I thought that Clausen would continue his undefeated streak from High school (granted, I was 10), I thought that Dayne Christ would learn under Clausen and light things up in Kelly's new offense and throw 40 TDs to Michael Floyd over their careers... I thought for sure that Golson was the type of mobile QB that Kelly had finally been waiting for to get his offense off the ground and light up the world... I thought Gunner Kiel would sit behind Golson for 2 years then come in with full grasp of the offense and win a Heisman... At least I didn't ever grow up expecting Powlus to win Heismans and Nattys for Notre Dame
                    “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                    ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• North Dakota is right, I need therapy
                      “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                      ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• As a male being a ND football fan is as close as I can think comes to being a battered wife.
                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                          As a male being a ND football fan is as close as I can think comes to being a battered wife.

You were obviously not a Red Sox fan pre 2004.
                          " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                            If you're not prepared for 3 years of Drew Pyne and Buchner at Cal by 2023 you're not an ND fan.
                            Nail on the head! Prove us wrong BK!

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                              really, really don't think that's a concern for a near 5 star recruit.
                              I hear your point, honestly I do.

But Crist, Kiel, Wimbush (actually had a higher composite rating than Buchner currently does) all say hello....
                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDVirginia19 View Post
                                The amount of times I've tricked myself into there being a plan that would work out... I thought that Clausen would continue his undefeated streak from High school (granted, I was 10), I thought that Dayne Christ would learn under Clausen and light things up in Kelly's new offense and throw 40 TDs to Michael Floyd over their careers... I thought for sure that Golson was the type of mobile QB that Kelly had finally been waiting for to get his offense off the ground and light up the world... I thought Gunner Kiel would sit behind Golson for 2 years then come in with full grasp of the offense and win a Heisman... At least I didn't ever grow up expecting Powlus to win Heismans and Nattys for Notre Dame
                                Beano: That boy is our last hope
                                Brian Kelly: No, there is another

/Scene

Comment

• Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                  Beano: That boy is our last hope
                                  Brian Kelly: No, there is another

/Scene
                                  A nervous man in the waiting room of a hospital. A doctor walks in holding a cooing newborn. "It's a boy, Tommy...I mean...Tom."

/Scene.
                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• so are we closing the door on Mitchell Evans getting some reps at QB this spring?

Comment

• Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
                                      so are we closing the door on Mitchell Evans getting some reps at QB this spring?
                                      Was that door ever open?

Comment

so are we closing the door on Mitchell Evans getting some reps at QB this spring?
                                        Better shot at him getting punter reps than QB reps

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post
                                          Better shot at him getting holder reps than QB reps
                                          FTFY

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                            Was that door ever open?
                                            Might be time for the Granda Simpson in and out gif?

Comment

6-7 - probably a huge arm.

It IS a tantalizing thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                Might be time for the Granda Simpson in and out gif?
                                                Retired that today when Diggs announced.

Or maybe I should start using it every week for the...

Hasn't unwound his LOI yet? ok.

Comment

• per II podcast earlier this week early reviews of Buchner are "mixed". Sampson described him as having good and bad days.

Also Drew Pyne's leadership has apparently been noticed this offseason and other players are drawn to him
                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                    per II podcast earlier this week early reviews of Buchner are "mixed". Sampson described him as having good and bad days.

Also Drew Pyne's leadership has apparently been noticed this offseason and other players are drawn to him
                                                    Not knocking you, but this is comical to me. What do they have to base this off of?? Offseason workouts? Dude literally is a high school senior. Talk to me after 5-6 spring ball practices.
                                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post

Not knocking you, but this is comical to me. What do they have to base this off of?? Offseason workouts? Dude literally is a high school senior. Talk to me after 5-6 spring ball practices.
                                                      Probably from workouts yeah. They also said ND are impressed with Coan so far.
                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                        per II podcast earlier this week early reviews of Buchner are "mixed". Sampson described him as having good and bad days.

I'm hoping that ND doesn't have to rely on Tyler playing much this year (other than a few snaps in several blowouts) so that he has time to work up to the college load. It would be nice if Coan is the man and Pyne being his able back-up. For this year anyway.

Comment

• Yea this seems much ado about nothing for offseason workout. I'm just pissed he didn't choose #2 and chose #12 right after Bok wore it for what seemed like a decade

Comment

• Yea, this is nothing burger at the present. If we get to the end of Fall Camp and he’s nowhere close to be a competent backup then I’ll start to get concerned about the eval.

Comment

• Don't care. The odds of a freshman with as little experience as he has coming and being "consistent" are literally zero. This season is a rebuilding year where you hope Coan is good enough to win you some games.

Comment

• Buchner hasn't played live football since he was a junior in HS and missed a year due to injury. He'll need time to develop

Comment

• Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post
                                                                  Buchner hasn't played live football since he was a junior in HS and missed a year due to injury. He'll need time to develop
                                                                  Yup. And everyone should expect rust.
                                                                  Hoping he finds a couple WRs after the B/G game and plays pitch and catch all summer.
                                                                  Betting he looks night and day from spring to fall.
                                                                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                    Don't care. The odds of a freshman with as little experience as he has coming and being "consistent" are literally zero. This season is a rebuilding year where you hope Coan is good enough to win you some games.
                                                                    We have to hope everyone steps up, including Coan, because we need to keep the streak of double digit wins alive. Kelly finally has the program looking consistent and an 8-5/9-4 year would be a big negative in my eyes.

Comment

• I've come to rue the reports that come out of spring practice. It wouldn't bother me one bit if they never let a reporter in. I personally think this is more of a reload than rebuild year. We lose a lot, but we have a lot of talent that saw playing time last year and many of them are ready to step in. Rebuild to me is 5-6 wins. I think we get 9 or 10 and it wouldn't surprise me id we got 11. BK has the culture dialed in. That's why he's won so many in the last 3-4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                        Don't care. The odds of a freshman with as little experience as he has coming and being "consistent" are literally zero. This season is a rebuilding year where you hope Coan is good enough to win you some games.
                                                                        “Win some games” I might need clarifying on that. From a pessimistic view that sounds like almost expecting like a 5 win season. I think our “rebuild” has a 9-3 floor. Maybe you are the same or not but sounds like you think much lower?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                          I've come to rue the reports that come out of spring practice. It wouldn't bother me one bit if they never let a reporter in. I personally think this is more of a reload than rebuild year. We lose a lot, but we have a lot of talent that saw playing time last year and many of them are ready to step in. Rebuild to me is 5-6 wins. I think we get 9 or 10 and it wouldn't surprise me id we got 11. BK has the culture dialed in. That's why he's won so many in the last 3-4 years.
                                                                          This...
                                                                          I don't really care about the media over the next two weeks, and I think we're reloading more than rebuilding.

OL took a lot of hits, but we also recruit very well at OL. Only better position is likely TE. If the OL can't get it together before game 5 (Wisc), then there's a problem... And I think our DL will end up being better than last year. Wouldn't be surprised if Foskey was a household name by late season. Losing JOK hurts, but I think LBs will be better than average. WR and DB should be better this year. RB will be as good or better so long as the OL doesn't tank. Coan should be more well rounded than Book. Not a runner like Book, but better passer. If he can just get back to 2019 form, we'll be just fine.
                                                                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Our last drafted qb was throwing 15 yard bounce passes as a sophomore before starting as a junior so an early enrollee true frosh having some mixed reviews is a big derp
                                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

• I suspect we have all secretly pumped the breaks on our once very high expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                                                I suspect we have all secretly pumped the breaks on our once very high expectations.
                                                                                Not me. But I didn’t expect him to compete for the starting job as a freshman.

Also, with closed practices and the starting job getting handed to the experienced transfer, sources inside the Gug are going to manage expectations on Tyler and pump sunshine about Coan regardless.

Comment

• Looking at the 3 minutes of highlights (so knowing nothing) the ball looks weird coming off Buchner's hand but by the time it reaches the WR it's a fairly tight spiral. Strange. Coan's throws look like butter.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                                    Looking at the 3 minutes of highlights (so knowing nothing) the ball looks weird coming off Buchner's hand but by the time it reaches the WR it's a fairly tight spiral. Strange. Coan's throws look like butter.
                                                                                    It flutters a bit before building velocity and straightening out... it’s like he’s throwing a Nerf Vortex football lol.

Comment

• Bk said Buchner hasn’t even learned the playbook yet so he has some work to do which is typical even with an EE. I think it’s premature but still would not bet Buchner getting the starting nod over Coan
                                                                                      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                                        Looking at the 3 minutes of highlights (so knowing nothing) the ball looks weird coming off Buchner's hand but by the time it reaches the WR it's a fairly tight spiral. Strange. Coan's throws look like butter.
                                                                                        not sure what "looks like butter" means in that context.

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

Imo, Coan looked like a starting P5 QB. His mechanics look really good and has a tight spiral with good velocity. You can best see it on the throw to JJ. Good first impression of him in a gold Helmet.

Buchners deep ball to Watts, in the first practice, is certainly impressive given his lack of playing experience.
                                                                                          Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

Basically what GUkinghts said, the spiral just looks silky smooth coming off his hand.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                            Working...
                                                                                            X