Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Master List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
    Will be at Junior Day, per Sinclair

    <iframe class="twofourseven-embed" title="Player Embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameBorder="0" width="600" height="200" src="https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Daine-Hanson-at-Nazareth-Academy-254827/Embed/"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charSet="utf-8"></script>
    Read an article on Maven about him. Nobody is quite sure where he projects best at the next level. 1 of 4 (DE, TE, OT, DT)

    https://www.si.com/college/notredame...-radar-targets
    Last edited by NDIrish88; 01-13-2020, 12:13 PM.

    Comment


    • Glad to see that Nazareth to ND bridge well and truly burned...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
        Glad to see that Nazareth to ND bridge well and truly burned...
        Haha, yeah with mishandle of JJ and all...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by InKellyWeTrust View Post
          Haha, yeah with mishandle of JJ and all...
          I still to this day can’t figure out how we “led the kid along” when he was never offered. But I digress....
          Love Thee Notre Dame!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 317Irish View Post
            Hard pass for me. Anybody else just have one of those gut feelings when they read a name? And my gut is rarely wrong.
            I assume this is a Jaylon Smith joke?
            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
              Read an article on Maven about him. Nobody is quite sure where he projects best at the next level. 1 of 4 (DE, TE, OT, DT)

              https://www.si.com/college/notredame...-radar-targets
              I'd have a really hard time believing he'd be offered at SDE by ND. Armitage and Rooks should round out the SDE/DT pursuit for 2021 and then the focus shifts to WDE

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                I'd have a really hard time believing he'd be offered at SDE by ND. Armitage and Rooks should round out the SDE/DT pursuit for 2021 and then the focus shifts to WDE
                With 16 on scholarship right now for 2021 at DLine I think it’ll be just 3 guys for recruiting.

                DT - Gabriel Rubio
                SDE - Aaron Armitage
                WDE - Najee Story, Keanu Koht, Kechaun Bennett, Jason Onye, or Brock Bowers

                Bonus DT - George Rooks

                I only think they take Rooks if there’s attrition at DT that’s more than the norm. Rooks right now would give them 10 DT’s in 2021 and that would be an irresponsible amount of scholarships dedicated to 2 spots on the field. I think we’ll get a better idea in the springtime but for now I think they’ll stick with 3 guys and hopefully they can win the Armitage race first and then attack the WDE position.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                  With 16 on scholarship right now for 2021 at DLine I think it’ll be just 3 guys for recruiting.

                  DT - Gabriel Rubio
                  SDE - Aaron Armitage
                  WDE - Najee Story, Keanu Koht, Kechaun Bennett, Jason Onye, or Brock Bowers

                  Bonus DT - George Rooks

                  I only think they take Rooks if there’s attrition at DT that’s more than the norm. Rooks right now would give them 10 DT’s in 2021 and that would be an irresponsible amount of scholarships dedicated to 2 spots on the field. I think we’ll get a better idea in the springtime but for now I think they’ll stick with 3 guys and hopefully they can win the Armitage race first and then attack the WDE position.
                  Give me Brock Bowers and Zaire Patterson.

                  I wish they could go after Kelvin Gilliam, he looks like Kareem 2.0

                  Comment


                  • poor cooper jones. wish there was more room in the class for him.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                      poor cooper jones. wish there was more room in the class for him.
                      Don't worry, his lil brother Mason is a lock in '23.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                        Give me Brock Bowers and Zaire Patterson.

                        I wish they could go after Kelvin Gilliam, he looks like Kareem 2.0
                        Why can't they go after Gilliam?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                          Give me Brock Bowers and Zaire Patterson.

                          I wish they could go after Kelvin Gilliam, he looks like Kareem 2.0
                          Patterson has some of the best film out there for the position, I just haven't seen anything with regards to contact or interest.

                          Comment


                          • Updated Junior Day List

                            DB Braelon Allen (2022)
                            WR Kaden Saunders (2022)
                            WR JJ Jones (2021)
                            WR Jaylin Smith (2021)
                            DE Matheus Carroll (2021)
                            LB Aidan Hubbard (2021)
                            S Justin Walters (2021)
                            DE Daine Hanson (2021)
                            TE Cane Berrong (2021) Commit

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                              Updated Junior Day List

                              DB Braelon Allen (2022)
                              WR Kaden Saunders (2022)
                              WR JJ Jones (2021)
                              WR Jaylin Smith (2021)
                              DE Matheus Carroll (2021)
                              LB Aidan Hubbard (2021)
                              S Justin Walters (2021)
                              DE Daine Hanson (2021)
                              TE Cane Berrong (2021) Commit
                              Lucky was reading my mind. I was just about to hit submit to question if anyone had this.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                Updated Junior Day List

                                DB Braelon Allen (2022)
                                WR Kaden Saunders (2022)
                                WR JJ Jones (2021)
                                WR Jaylin Smith (2021)
                                DE Matheus Carroll (2021)
                                LB Aidan Hubbard (2021)
                                S Justin Walters (2021)
                                DE Daine Hanson (2021)
                                TE Cane Berrong (2021) Commit
                                I would put JJ Jones, Jaylin Smith, and Kaden Saunders on offer watch. Braelon Allen could be on commit watch.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                  Updated Junior Day List

                                  DB Braelon Allen (2022)
                                  WR Kaden Saunders (2022)
                                  WR JJ Jones (2021)
                                  WR Jaylin Smith (2021)
                                  DE Matheus Carroll (2021)
                                  LB Aidan Hubbard (2021)
                                  S Justin Walters (2021)
                                  DE Daine Hanson (2021)
                                  TE Cane Berrong (2021) Commit
                                  Have all the other commits said no, or are they just not confirmed yet? It would be a shame to only have Berrong there representing the class.

                                  Funnier than you in 2012.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                    Have all the other commits said no, or are they just not confirmed yet? It would be a shame to only have Berrong there representing the class.
                                    Unsure if they are no's or unconfirmed. I would like to see Fisher be involved. But, it has been said since the beginning that the staff is targeting 10-15 guys to increase engagement with some key targets.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                      I would put JJ Jones, Jaylin Smith, and Kaden Saunders on offer watch. Braelon Allen could be on commit watch.
                                      I think if Carroll looks good in-person (double check height/length measurements) he's probably an offer guy as well.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                        I think if Carroll looks good in-person (double check height/length measurements) he's probably an offer guy as well.
                                        I like Aidan Hubbard's body type for Buck, but he is no Tranquill. Kid has decent film.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                          I like Aidan Hubbard's body type for Buck, but he is no Tranquill. Kid has decent film.
                                          When we first started recruiting him I said something similar but like him at Mike. He'll have good size for ILB and moves better than his offers suggest. I leave all things LB up to Clark Lea so if he takes a flier on him early like he did with Jack Kiser, then who am I to disagree.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                            When we first started recruiting him I said something similar but like him at Mike. He'll have good size for ILB and moves better than his offers suggest. I leave all things LB up to Clark Lea so if he takes a flier on him early like he did with Jack Kiser, then who am I to disagree.
                                            I agree. But to compare the 2, even though not apples to apples, Kiser has much more upside just because of his athleticism. We will see if Tyler McLaurin can be an under the radar Buck.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                              I agree. But to compare the 2, even though not apples to apples, Kiser has much more upside just because of his athleticism. We will see if Tyler McLaurin can be an under the radar Buck.
                                              The only comparison that I was making was that, if we indeed did move on Hubbard it'd be similar in the fact that both were scarcely recruited up until the point that ND moved.

                                              Comment


                                              • OSU WR recruiting is something else. Maybe he pulls a Lo Styles and chooses South Bend over 4 years of bench.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                  But, you never know the power of Catholicism when it comes to a kid whose name ends in a vowel.
                                                  I smiled... lol

                                                  I'm a fan of offer early and often,... let God sort em out.
                                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Quick search shows he's also open to becoming the next Hunter Renfrow at Clemson. Could the Slippery Fox be a good role model for him to copy in South Bend. HE'll need a catchiy nickname too. How about Il Veloce Raptor?

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                      Quick search shows he's also open to becoming the next Hunter Renfrow at Clemson. Could the Slippery Fox be a good role model for him to copy in South Bend. HE'll need a catchiy nickname too. How about Il Veloce Raptor?
                                                      El Slippery Volpe

                                                      Comment


                                                      • <iframe class="twofourseven-embed" title="Player Embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameBorder="0" width="600" height="200" src="https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Tunmise-Adeleye-at-Tompkins-219667/Embed/"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charSet="utf-8"></script>

                                                        big game hunting in texas
                                                        Prehistoric

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Kelly will be visiting 4.5 star RB Donovan Edwards tomorrow, per Loy

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                            Kelly will be visiting 4.5 star RB Donovan Edwards tomorrow, per Loy

                                                            Uhh...yea. Okay.
                                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                              Uhh...yea. Okay.
                                                              ?

                                                              Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Kelly visiting Spindler tomorrow as well, per Loy again.

                                                                Funnier than you in 2012.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                  ?

                                                                  Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

                                                                  I'm just VERY excited to see and hear about him being on the trail....And trying to hold back my excitement.
                                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                    Kelly visiting Spindler tomorrow as well, per Loy again.
                                                                    Now we know you guys are messing with us! Chip Kelly right? Or are we just getting Loy’d here?

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by 317Irish View Post
                                                                      Now we know you guys are messing with us! Chip Kelly right? Or are we just getting Loy’d here?
                                                                      This is the new and improved BK. Climbing trees, sleepovers, driving the equipment rig onto recruit's front lawns. BK Homeboy knows no boundaries.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                        I'm just VERY excited to see and hear about him being on the trail....And trying to hold back my excitement.
                                                                        This Is an interesting comment. You must know something you're not revealing.....?
                                                                        I was smarter when I drank...
                                                                        I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by Circa View Post
                                                                          This Is an interesting comment. You must know something you're not revealing.....?

                                                                          No, not this time. I just think Kelly visiting makes great impressions on kids and this class coupled with him just being more active and personally involved could make this class legendary.
                                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                            Kelly will be visiting 4.5 star RB Donovan Edwards tomorrow, per Loy
                                                                            Looks like a dude. #2 RB in the country. Unofficial visited ND in December. Go get him BK.

                                                                            https://247sports.com/Player/Donovan...imelineEvents/

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                              This is the new and improved BK. Climbing trees, sleepovers, driving the equipment rig onto recruit's front lawns. BK Homeboy knows no boundaries.
                                                                              I bet Jack told him if he wins the Natty he gets a statue outside the stadium, another statue in his back yard with BK going Triple H style to NDNation and complimentary private jet use for life.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Who do you guys like better, Donovan Edwards or Shipley?

                                                                                Obviously they're both great and both takes. Edwards' burst gives him the edge in my eyes.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • I think Kelly's youngest is graduating high school this year. Maybe he anticipates having more time to dedicate to the trail without worrying about not being there enough for his kids. The time commitment involved in being a head coach at this level is absurd, so I wouldn't be surprised if he sometimes skipped out on a flight across the country for a little bit of extra family time. All speculation of course.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                    Who do you guys like better, Donovan Edwards or Shipley?

                                                                                    Obviously they're both great and both takes. Edwards' burst gives him the edge in my eyes.
                                                                                    Whichever one ND doesn't get.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                                                                      I bet Jack told him if he wins the Natty he gets a statue outside the stadium, another statue in his back yard with BK going Triple H style to NDNation and complimentary private jet use for life.
                                                                                      I'm guessing Kelly knows his years are numbered and he has few changes left at this. Our brand is best it's been so now the time. Kelly convinces Jack to relive him off some of his University duties so he can hit the trail hard.
                                                                                      Prehistoric

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">…And now <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> has extended an offer from this trip.<br><br>Class of 2021 two-way standout Michael Trigg adds an offer from the Fighting Irish <a href="https://t.co/UQvo8qMDc7">https://t.co/UQvo8qMDc7</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/mtrigg_23?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mtrigg_23</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@247Sports</a> <a href="https://t.co/qeMPA6vThz">https://t.co/qeMPA6vThz</a></p>&mdash; Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/1218185881544163329?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Story for visits mentioned above.

                                                                                          https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ail-142310562/


                                                                                          I would be so star-struck if this happened when I was in school. ROYAL RUMBLE.

                                                                                          In addition to Kelly, Spindler tells me multiple other head coaches will be at the school on Friday including Alabama’s Nick Saban, Ohio State’s Ryan Day, Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh, Northwestern’s Pat Fitzgerald and Michigan State’s Mark Dantonio.
                                                                                          Last edited by beryirish; 01-17-2020, 10:57 AM.
                                                                                          I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                                            I'm just VERY excited to see and hear about him being on the trail....And trying to hold back my excitement.
                                                                                            Lololol I can dig it

                                                                                            Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Originally posted by InKellyWeTrust View Post
                                                                                              Whichever one ND doesn't get.
                                                                                              We ain’t talkin about the 2020 class, this is 2021 son. ND picking up both of them

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame offensive coordinator Tommy Rees and UC running backs coach Doug Phillips were at Roger Bacon today regarding 2021 running back Corey Kiner, per Roger Bacon coach Mike Blaut.</p>&mdash; Mike Dyer (@MikeDyer) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeDyer/status/1218254654083080192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                                                                <iframe class="twofourseven-embed" title="Player Embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameBorder="0" width="600" height="200" src="https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Corey-Kiner-at-Roger-Bacon-219362/Embed/"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charSet="utf-8"></script>

                                                                                                Comment

                                                                                                Adsense

                                                                                                Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X