Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 NY PG JJ Starling (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22 NY PG JJ Starling (Notre Dame Verbal)

Point Guard
    Baldwinsville, NY
    La Lumiere School

Measurements
    Ht: 6'4"
    Wt: 180

Ratings
    247 Comp: 0.9876 composite, #6 CG, #33 Overall
    247: 97 ratings, #7 CG, 33 Overall
    Rivals: #8 PG, #40 Overall
    ESPN: 89 grade, #6 SG, #27 Overall

Offers
    Notre Dame
    Maryland
    Stanford
    Syracuse
    Alabama
    Duke
    Miami FL
    Siena
    St John's
    UCONN
    Northwestern
    Ohio State
    Penn State
    Wake Forest
    Washington

Last edited by clashmore_mike; 11-09-2021, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Has ND ever landed anyone from La Lumiere? I thought Jaren Jackson visited ND, but he ended up at MSU.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
          Good news to get him back on campus. He and Whitmore would be nice additions. Brey likes his guards. I miss the burn offense.

Comment

Will be on campus again next week for his official visit.
            Last edited by clashmore_mike; 08-29-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Will be on campus again next week for good official visit.
              Nice! Plus he is visiting with the Saunders kid. Would be nice to land this kid.

Comment

Great news to get another visit. Come in and start day 1 for a top 50-70 PG, seems perfect.

Comment

Any update on his visit?

Comment

Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                    Any update on his visit?
                    I haven't seen anything. The visit should have wrapped up yesterday some time, I'd guess most of the media's attention was spent on the football game.

Comment

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/15787...ame-official/1

Called the visit "amazing" and loved everything he saw. Fit in well with the staff and players and says ND offers things are important to him. Syracuse, Northwestern, and Duke are his stops the next 3 weekends with a decision shortly after completing them.

Comment

Syracuse, Northwestern, and Duke are his stops the next 3 weekends with a decision shortly after completing them.
                        Seems ND has a legit chance at this. Fingers crossed
                        "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Brey and 3 assistants will visit Staring at La Lumiere this morning before flying down to Florida to do some recruiting.

Comment

Haven't seen this type of recruiting from a Brey staff for a few years. I like ND's shot at landing JJ.

I think Solomon will be a difference maker on this coaching staff.

Comment

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/

Duke insider John Watson put in a crystal ball to ND.

Comment

YUGE.
                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                  YUGE.
                                  Yup, it's a level 3 on the confidence meter, but still a good sign and would be a huge boost to the class/program.

Comment

This would be a heck of a pickup for ND basketball. When is he supposed to announce?

Comment

I think he ends up wearing BLUE

Comment

Announcing tomorrow. Excitement seems to be around ND.
                                        "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                          Announcing tomorrow. Excitement seems to be around ND.
                                          We need this kind of kid.

Comment

Someone explain how ND is about to get this kid after floundering for multiple years and a coach who seems to be near the end of his tenure? Did someone drop a duffel bag?

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                              Someone explain how ND is about to get this kid after floundering for multiple years and a coach who seems to be near the end of his tenure? Did someone drop a duffel bag?
                                              Maybe Brey promised him a Ferrari to drive around when he's on campus?

Comment

Big Mike Norvell vibes off this
                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

Christian at ISD saying he expects JJ to pick ND

Tuesday Morning JJ Starling Update | Irish Sports Daily

Would be an incredible addition. He's a day 1 starting PG. A backcourt of Starling and Wesley would be very exciting.

Comment

Officially committed. Probably the biggest get of the Brey era, on par at least with Demetrius Jackson.

Comment

What a huge recruiting win. This kid can ball. I like Sanders and Taylor from the '20 class but I'd really like to see them add some more length and athleticism to front court.

Comment

BREAKING | Elite 2022 G JJ Starling Commits To Notre Dame | Irish Sports Daily

Comment

Notre Dame Adds "Beautiful Basketball Player" In JJ Starling | Irish Sports Daily

Comment

neat

Comment

Patrick Holmes (former ND student, Men’s basketball student manager, and son of the longtime academic advisor for the basketball team Pat Holmes) finally helping his mentor land a big fish from the power house he coaches at.
                                                              Last edited by CTIDANDREW; 10-12-2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I assume he is a good get. I do not know the first thing about B-ball recruiting. Welcome JJ!
                                                                Congratulations to Brian Kelly for being Notre Dame's career leader in losses.

Comment

Cool beans

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post
                                                                    I assume he is a good get. I do not know the first thing about B-ball recruiting. Welcome JJ!
                                                                    Very good get, somewhere around the #40 player in the class who has serious interest in Syracuse and Duke. Highest ranked player since Demetrius Jackson.

Comment

No denying that I've been openly critical of Brey's recruiting efforts/results lately. This one should get the needle moving though.This a great get and hopefully it is the shot in the arm this program needs. They should be set for a few years with Sterling, Wesley, and JR.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                        No denying that I've been openly critical of Brey's recruiting efforts/results lately. This one should get the needle moving though.This a great get and hopefully it is the shot in the arm this program needs. They should be set for a few years with Sterling, Wesley, and JR.
                                                                        I agree that is a great core to build the future on but it is all backcourt. Need some talented length if you want to compete in the ACC. Dom Campbell looks like a banger but 6-8 is going to need some taller help. The portal changes so much but hard to ignore this gaping hole in the roster - unless you are the loosest coach in America BABY!

Comment

Huge pickup for Brey and the BB program. Give him the keys to the offense day 1. Who else are they after for the 22 class?

Comment

Updated Starling ratings for all 3 services now has him as the #33 player in the class and the highest ranked recruit for ND ever, just ahead of Demetrius Jackson.

Comment

• #40
                                                                              Updated Starling ratings for all 3 services now has him as the #33 player in the class and the highest ranked recruit for ND ever, just ahead of Demetrius Jackson.
                                                                              I think Torrin Francis was higher.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post

I think Torrin Francis was higher.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...lTimeRecruits/

This list goes back to 2000. I don't see Francis on there. He very well may have been as I see on one list he was the #16 player in his class. For whatever reason, he wasn't included here.

Comment

• #42

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...lTimeRecruits/

This list goes back to 2000. I don't see Francis on there. He very well may have been as I see on one list he was the #16 player in his class. For whatever reason, he wasn't included here.
                                                                                  Weird cause Chris Thomas would be high in that list too

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post

Weird cause Chris Thomas would be high in that list too
                                                                                    Yeah maybe it doesn't go back that far like the page says. The earliest class I could find on the list was a couple of 2003 guys.

Comment

• #44

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                      X