UCONN
    Creighton
    LSU
    Penn State
    Seton Hall
    VCU
    Virginia Tech

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12334030/Cam-Whitmore
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 05-10-2021, 05:36 AM.

Freebie from ISD, his uncle Bob Whitmore played at ND in the late 60s and had his name added to the Ring of Honor in 2019, a ceremony at which Cam was in attendance.

Comment

Comment

Would be nice to land him. Does ND have anyone committed for their 22 class?

Comment

He had a huge performance over the weekend. Scored 36 points and 12 rebs. in his first game. Then in the second he put up 30 points and 14 rebounds. He's got it all. Elite athleticism and can shoot from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by irishandy View Post
            Would be nice to land him. Does ND have anyone committed for their 22 class?
            No commits yet. Just looked at the 2021 class rankings and ND is somewhere in the mid 50s, behind the likes of Harvard and Pepperdine. I know JR and Blake are good players, but man that class is no where near good enough to compete in the ACC. Hopefully Solomon can get that turned around.

Comment

No disrespect to the local boys, but they need better prospects than JR & Blake to compete in the ACC. I hope I am wrong and they surprise, but I agree with you I hope Solomon can get recruiting back up for the basketball program.

Comment

No disrespect to the local boys, but they need better prospects than JR & Blake to compete in the ACC. I hope I am wrong and they surprise, but I agree with you I hope Solomon can get recruiting back up for the basketball program.
                I mean, Blake was around 110 overall player in the country, which is a heck of a lot higher than the connaughton, colsons, etc that Brey has had before... Wouldn't consider him a surprise, by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

I mean, Blake was around 110 overall player in the country, which is a heck of a lot higher than the connaughton, colsons, etc that Brey has had before... Wouldn't consider him a surprise, by any means.
                  Blake had a offer from Louisville which tells me he has that potential, but basketball in Northern Indiana is light competition.

Blake has a swagger to him that I think ND needs, but he cannot get to big headed which I think JR will also keep him in line (they are good friends).

Comment

Blake had a offer from Louisville which tells me he has that potential, but basketball in Northern Indiana is light competition.

Blake has a swagger to him that I think ND needs, but he cannot get to big headed which I think JR will also keep him in line (they are good friends).
                    So why would you consider a strong career from a "Louisville type of recruit" a "surprise" then?

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

So why would you consider a strong career from a "Louisville type of recruit" a "surprise" then?
                      I used the Louisville reference as an example that throughout his recruitment that a basketball school had their eyes on Blake. Not all prospects that sign with Louisville will be good.

Connaughton like you said was rated lower than Blake and he had a great career at ND.

Does Blake have what it takes to play in the ACC? We shall see....

Comment

Basketball recruiting rankings are interesting because size of classes have such a big impact. And, the differences is class sizes from year to year. Like 2018 where we had a 5 man class and 2019 where it was 0. If you look at avg player rating, there are 18 teams ahead of ND that have a avg lower player rating but have 3, 4, or even 5 commits.

Personally, I love this class because I think these are 2 guys that are exactly where Brey should be looking. Top 75-150 range. The problem is, I think he just needs too or now the program just needs to hit here more consistently. I would've loved to see him hit on 1 guy in the 2019 class in that range. Then follow that up with a couple guys in the 2020 class. But, instead, he followed up 2018 with nobody in 2019 with guys in the 200+ range in 2020. It just puts too much pressure on the ones that he did get. And, you just never know how some of these guys will develop or stay healthy.

Comment

Comment

When does he plan to announce?

Comment

When does he plan to announce?
                              I haven't seen anything regarding a decision timeline anywhere.

Comment

I don't know where he's going to end up but gosh he's fun to watch play. Might be one of my favorite players in the entire class.

Comment

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X