Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NDGOLDEN View Post
    This team is so frustrating the past 3 years itís unbelievable
    Our starting five is good. But you canít play 40 minutes against the top 25 team and expect five guys to go the distance. This is a recruiting nightmare, but a team that could be salvaged.

Comment

Ha ha, what an awful call. But I’ll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Woneone View Post
        Our starting five is good. But you canít play 40 minutes against the top 25 team and expect five guys to go the distance. This is a recruiting nightmare, but a team that could be salvaged.
        I know we are down like 3 guys so I know good things could be ahead of us when we get wertz and carmody

Comment

Andddd this is what is so frustrating

Comment

What a poor possesion and decision by Hubb...Push the ball up the floor and look for the quick 2 if they are hugging the 3pt line...

Comment

Have we ever maxed out the number of scholarship players we are allowed to have on the team in the last 10 years?

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                Have we ever maxed out the number of scholarship players we are allowed to have on the team in the last 10 years?
                No never

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyND24 View Post
                  What a poor possesion and decision by Hubb...Push the ball up the floor and look for the quick 2 if they are hugging the 3pt line...
                  Hubb kept us in this. He was good today. That last possession was awful, but we should not have been in that position. We are 6 to 8 points better than that team. But when your big has to play with four fouls with 10 minutes left in the second half, thatís on your head coach. Zona actually played really well for what his role was. Hopefully, we donít end up in this situation again.

This loss is completely on Brey and his recruiting inefficiencies. We were a better starting five.

Comment

And I will also say, Liddell not getting a flagrant on the elbow, and it not even reviewed, is a god damn travesty. Durham fouling out adds salt to the wound.

Edit: when they reviewed his “elbow” I about lost my mind.

Comment

Hubb kept us in this. He was good today. That last possession was awful, but we should not have been in that position. We are 6 to 8 points better than that team. But when your big has to play with four fouls with 10 minutes left in the second half, thatís on your head coach. Zona actually played really well for what his role was. Hopefully, we donít end up in this situation again.

This loss is completely on Brey and his recruiting inefficiencies. We were a better starting five.
                      Hey maybe one day we can get a 4* more then once every 4 years smh

Comment

Hey maybe one day we can get a 4* more then once every 4 years smh

Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
                        Prentiss Hubb: Four-Star #18 SG
                        Dane Goodwin: Four-Star #19 SG
                        Cormac Ryan: Four-Star #8 CG
                        Juwan Durham: Four-Star #14 PF
                        Nate Laszekski: Four-Star #14 PF

The thing is, based strictly on recruiting rankings, that's probably the most highly touted lineup in Notre Dame history.

Comment

Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
                          Ya I know that and what about the 2 classes in between that one and this years?
                          Where it’s clearly showing we have no depth

Comment

Ya I know that and what about the 2 classes in between that one and this years?
                            Where itís clearly showing we have no depth
                            I donít disagree, but we needed a graduate transfer big going into this year. I will give Brey a bit of leeway on the idea that he played on playing small with Durham, Laz, and Zona, and the injuries have just killed that.

But itís still on the coach.

Unfortunately, this game made me raise my expectations, so we better beat Kentucky.

Comment

I donít disagree, but we needed a graduate transfer big going into this year. I will give Brey a bit of leeway on the idea that he played on playing small with Durham, Laz, and Zona, and the injuries have just killed that.

But itís still on the coach.

Unfortunately, this game made me raise my expectations, so we better beat Kentucky.
                              Ya I agree with you we needed a GT very badly this year and itís tough with everything happening we couldnít get anyone to even come to ND so I guess Iíll give him a bit of a pass

And I agree we definitely showed some skills tonight and I liked what I saw. Hubb is really the driving force. If he stays the course and scores like tonight and dosent make stupid bonehead plays then we can probably play with most ppl and be competitive this year

Comment

Sanders was rough to watch... Zona needs more PT.

Comment

Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                  Sanders was rough to watch... Zona needs more PT.
                                  The first offensive move he made was beautiful. And I think that was the problem.

He is extremely athletic and can be a solid player off the bench. Unfortunately, he isnít a guy you can rely on as the first guy in. He will be a really good player for us, but heís going to be a role player for 2 years, just sucking up minutes.

Comment

Again, I hate to be this optimistic, but if we get Wertz waiver, and then Djogo or Carmody as someone else to soak up minutes, I really think we can be good playing small. Our best five doesn’t have Durham, but includes Wertz/Djogo/Carmody and being able to rotate effectively in the post (Zona made me think he can give 7-8 minutes effectively).

We honestly could be tournament good. But I need to see us healthy’ish.

Comment

The last 3 years, have we even had enough guys to scrimmage 5 v 5?

Comment

Again, I hate to be this optimistic, but if we get Wertz waiver, and then Djogo or Carmody as someone else to soak up minutes, I really think we can be good playing small. Our best five doesnít have Durham, but includes Wertz/Djogo/Carmody and being able to rotate effectively in the post (Zona made me think he can give 7-8 minutes effectively).

We honestly could be tournament good. But I need to see us healthyíish.
                                        I was saying that earlier. If wertz is anything like he was at Santa Clare then getting 10+PPG from him would be huge and carmody is a warrior he might not get you 10+ points but heís gritty and plays tough. Just sucks we had to play the tough part of our schedule without carmody and most likely without wertz(hopefully he gets cleared any day but who knows). If we can just gel together then we could be an exciting group. We will see. Excited of what I saw today tho. Just gets frustrating but good things to come I think

Comment

Looks like the NCAA is going to allow immediate eligibility to transfers. Good news for us and wertz. Could be as soon as Wednesdays game against duke

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                            The last 3 years, have we even had enough guys to scrimmage 5 v 5?
                                            and yet we didn't try for a waiver for Wertz, OK with his sitting out a year. What a dumb ass decision.

Brey always overestimates his roster, both in numbers and talent. Then he has a couple injuries and can barely field a team. Really needs a wake up call. Won't recruit over "his guys" and we end up with 5th year players like Djogo who cannot play worth a crap and HAVE to play.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                              and yet we didn't try for a waiver for Wertz, OK with his sitting out a year. What a dumb ass decision.

Brey always overestimates his roster, both in numbers and talent. Then he has a couple injuries and can barely field a team. Really needs a wake up call. Won't recruit over "his guys" and we end up with 5th year players like Djogo who cannot play worth a crap and HAVE to play.
                                              Wait.
                                              What

And he has been cleared.

Cold, cold take.

Comment

I am actually optimistic going into ACC play now that they can finish above .500. Wertz is a huge addition even if he doesn’t start. That’s another body which means we can get our guys some rest .

Comment

In my head, this is how I thought this team would play. We’ll see if they can keep this together for an entire game or multiple games.

Comment

19-0 run huh ND bball?

Comment

Shoot we are only at a 24-2 run. Come on boys I’m disappointed lol

Comment

If I’m Kentucky I throw down to Sarr every possession. Durham in early foul trouble and Sarr destroyed us at wake last year. If we keep shooting 3’s like this though, nothing they do will help them catch up.

Comment

This team looks pretty decent so far. They played well vs OSU, just looked like they ran out of gas at the end.

Laz has been having a heck of a year so far. Keep it up boys! Can’t wait to see what Wertz can do.
                                                          "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

This team looks solid if they play like this the rest of year. And duke is beatable on Wednesday. Let’s finish this game off I’m second half and get some momentum into duke game

Comment

Lol they’re really going to try to blow this game, aren’t they?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                Lol theyíre really going to try to blow this game, arenít they?
                                                                Try?

Comment

Embarassing win or lose

Comment

LOL at this team. Up 22 at half omg

Comment

I missed the second half until just now. What happened? And what a terrible final possession. How does Brey not draw up something better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                        I missed the second half until just now. What happened? And what a terrible final possession. How does Brey not draw up something better than that.
                                                                        We literally scored 5pts the first 11mins

Comment

Well, it’s a good road victory early in the season. I like this team. We’ll see if Brey is the guy for the job.

Comment

Idk if I’m excited for the win on the road vs a 1-4 Kentucky team or embarrassed we let up a 22pt lead at half

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Anytime you beat KY....

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Never in doubt.

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  First time in history we won in Rupp arena so I’m happy with the win.

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                                    Wait.
                                                                                    What

And he has been cleared.

Cold, cold take.
                                                                                    Where did you see Wertz has been cleared? He didn't play today. If the NCAA rules all sit outs can play he will be cleared. If we had simply asked for a waiver he'd have been good to go in game one.

Pretty dumb to wait wasn't it?

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      Where did you see Wertz has been cleared? He didn't play today. If the NCAA rules all sit outs can play he will be cleared. If we had simply asked for a waiver he'd have been good to go in game one.

The NCAA just said yesterday they will give transfers immediate eligibility

Comment

• #93

Brey just announced wertz will be available for duke

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          At the very least I think this is a NCAA tournament team, maybe a top 25 team by the end of the year.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                                                            At the very least I think this is a NCAA tournament team, maybe a top 25 team by the end of the year.
                                                                                            Iím there with you. I think this team will be a quality group throughout the season.

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                                                              I agree if we play like the first half then we will give everyone tough games. If we play like the second then we are back to where we are. Gotta make shots when needed

Not comparing the 2015 team but when we needed a bucket we almost always got it. Iím hoping someone can get that fire in them to want to hit that shot we need. Hubb did it today the last couple mins but the first 11 mins we needed a shot to stop runs and no one was hitting any thatís concerning

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                Brey just announced wertz will be available for duke
                                                                                                Sounds like, per the ND MBB Twitter page, he was speaking in regards to the NCAA making the broad change, not specific to Wertz himself. So, hopefully that comes to fruition.

I didn't get to watch the whole game, just the first-half (lucky me) and seeing the final score, I don't plan on watching the second half either.

- Laz could be really, really good. Needs a bit better awareness when he drives (if he learns to draw and kick, oh my).

- Part of the reason I won't watch the second half is because I don't want to watch what, from others, was an appearance of "Bad Hubb" for a good portion of it. I appreciate him wanting the shot in the last minute when needed, but I'd rather just be up 10.

- Right now, we need Djogo healthy and playing. But, when he's healthy, the less we see of him, the better. That means Carmody/Wertz is back. Saunders learns to be a bit more under control.

- Matt Zona is a guy who seems to be in the right place at the right time. For a freshman, I'll take it.

- Ryan seems to like to disappear for stretches. He can't do that.

I'm still not sure what the plan is when a team punches us in the mouth on the defensive end. Although, Carmody was always willing to drive (albeit out of control), but we need someone to break-down a defense.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                                  Iím there with you. I think this team will be a quality group throughout the season.
                                                                                                  Not only that but shouldn't we see two more years of this core group, since the NCAA is handing out extra seasons of eligibility?

The need some bench help, badly, but this squad isn't the trainwreck we saw against Michigan State.

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Brey states G Robby Carmody could return to practice mid-January and possibly be ready for game action at the end of January.</p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1338901216957517827?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• I'm excited. If the NCAA gives an extra year to everyone we may have over 10 on the roster for a change.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X