Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#3 Notre Dame ACC vs. #6 Butler Big East (9:40 on TBS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #3 Notre Dame ACC vs. #6 Butler Big East (9:40 on TBS)

We need to figure a way to speed up the game. Butler never gets in a track meet and the best way to start running is to win the boards or force turnovers. Woods is the Big East leading rebounder for the second year in a row. Auguste will need to keep a body on him. Also need to figure a way way to force TO's. Butler only had five against Texas.

Rebounding must improve. I would like to see Grant take charge early as well. Auguste needs to avoid silly fouls. Anyone know what time tipoff is scheduled? Im thinking of making the drive up to Pittsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
      We need to figure a way to speed up the game. Butler never gets in a track meet and the best way to start running is to win the boards or force turnovers. Woods is the Big East leading rebounder for the second year in a row. Auguste will need to keep a body on him. Also need to figure a way way to force TO's. Butler only had five against Texas.
      Is it too late for Butler to add Golson to their roster?

Last edited by kmoose; 03-19-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

They don't schedule tip-off times until all the games today are complete...so we probably will not know until midnight or so.

Comment

Originally posted by NDgradstudent View Post
          They don't schedule tip-off times until all the games today are complete...so we probably will not know until midnight or so.
          Gotcha, thanks.

Comment

Texas' point guard looked to be able to drive fairly well against butler, maybe grant and jackson can get good penetration and kick it out to the 3 point line. Also the one player on butler cant remember his name but he might be a little slow after injuring his knee today

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheBeard View Post
              Texas' point guard looked to be able to drive fairly well against butler, maybe grant and jackson can get good penetration and kick it out to the 3 point line. Also the one player on butler cant remember his name but he might be a little slow after injuring his knee today
              Roosevelt Jones. He's their best all around player.

Comment

I think it would most likely be the early game of the day right since we both had earlier games that's what I would assume

Comment

I was wrong it's at 710

Comment

Better not give them as many Free throws that some times have. They were money today.
                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

It should be a rule that you have to have watched at least 12 games during the regular season (1 of every 3 isn't that much to ask) to post bitching and complaining about our March games. We won. There were six 1 point games so far. 4 double digit seeds won today, including two fourteen seeds. Anyone that has watched this team all year knows that we are great in crunch time this year and have a huge heart even if we are losing. Any one who watched all year may have been nervous at some points today, but still very confident we would find a way

Comment

9:40 tip EST probably now, assuming the other Pittsburgh game takes 2 hours

Comment

Tipping off at 9:40... Not sure if it's common to play the first and last overall game in the tournament but I'll take the extra rest.

I look for a more typical performance from ND. DJ and Jerian will need make their guards work every possession and in turn shut down Dunham. Personally I would like to see Vasturia on Dunham but I would imagine they would put Jerian on him. Rebound the ball marginally well and avoid a poor shooting night and I believe we will be dancing another weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                            Better not give them as many Free throws that some times have. They were money today.
                            They were money today, but one glaring weakness Butler has is FT shooting.

I'm glad it's a late tip off. Let's me take care of some obligations with grand-kids tomorrow and not miss the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                              They were money today, but one glaring weakness Butler has is FT shooting.

I'm glad it's a late tip off. Let's me take care of some obligations with grand-kids tomorrow and not miss the game.

Enabler!

Comment

Anyone have any idea approximately what scalped tickets would go for? Only tournament games i have been to was when we were in Chicago and I just bought the set. I do remember a lot of people selling their other tickets to games where they had no rooting interest. I am assuming Nova fans will offload their tickets after their game. If anyone has been to the Pittsburgh games or has any insight it would be appreciated.

Comment

Typically tickets are for the session with no readmittance. Two sessions of two games in the first round, one session of two games in the second. Kind of sucks b/c stadiums have a way of emptying out, especially later games.

Comment

Overall our athleticism should be noticeably better than theirs. When is the last time we could say that? I look for us to spread the ball around and get 5 or 6 guys in double figures. Six will be tough since Butler likely keeps the score down with their style of play.

Comment

4.5 point favorites for tomorrow night. 9:40 tipoff is so late, but hopefully it gets our guys in the groove like we were for last week's night games.

Comment

Watching Butler yesterday I'll be sorely disappointed if we lose. It'll mean they were successful in strangling the game and they out-executed us. They are bereft of talent if Roosevelt Jones is limited. It's important to start fast.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                          Watching Butler yesterday I'll be sorely disappointed if we lose. It'll mean they were successful in strangling the game and they out-executed us. They are bereft of talent if Roosevelt Jones is limited. It's important to start fast.
                                          I tend to agree with this, but how have they been so successful this season? Also, the Big East is doing significantly better in the tournament than I had expected. I thought Xavier, Georgetown, Butler were all overseeded and would lose in the first round.

The only thing that was obvious to me from the game yesterday was that Butler's coaching was obviously superior to Texas'. I do not know how Rick Barnes still has a job.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawneeIrish View Post
                                            Anyone have any idea approximately what scalped tickets would go for? Only tournament games i have been to was when we were in Chicago and I just bought the set. I do remember a lot of people selling their other tickets to games where they had no rooting interest. I am assuming Nova fans will offload their tickets after their game. If anyone has been to the Pittsburgh games or has any insight it would be appreciated.
                                            I was at the game yesterday. I was contemplating trading up for better tickets so I lurked around some scalpers for a couple of minutes. They were trying to get $150 for great seats, 125 for good, 100 for okay, and 50 for uppers. This was early, around 11:15 AM, and for a midday, midweek game. It's hard to tell what they will try to get for Saturday evening as the games should be better and it's not during the week.
                                            There definitely is no reentering. So that will negate any tickets that people use for the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                              Enabler!
                                              Load them up with sugar, buy them a bunch of stuff they don't need, then hand them back over so Mom and Dad can take care of the fallout! lol

Comment

Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                Typically tickets are for the session with no readmittance. Two sessions of two games in the first round, one session of two games in the second. Kind of sucks b/c stadiums have a way of emptying out, especially later games.
                                                Originally posted by irishrb View Post
                                                I was at the game yesterday. I was contemplating trading up for better tickets so I lurked around some scalpers for a couple of minutes. They were trying to get $150 for great seats, 125 for good, 100 for okay, and 50 for uppers. This was early, around 11:15 AM, and for a midday, midweek game. It's hard to tell what they will try to get for Saturday evening as the games should be better and it's not during the week.
                                                There definitely is no reentering. So that will negate any tickets that people use for the first game.
                                                Well that sucks. When I went to games in Chicago I was under that impression, but they actually made everyone leave the arena after games then reenter. However, I just booked a hotel for me and my buddy so I will need to get tickets one way or another. I am still hopeful that the scalpers will unload their remaining tickets for fairly cheap after the nova game is well underway.

Comment

Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                  Overall our athleticism should be noticeably better than theirs. When is the last time we could say that? I look for us to spread the ball around and get 5 or 6 guys in double figures. Six will be tough since Butler likely keeps the score down with their style of play.
                                                  Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                  Disagree..........They may be bereft of athleticism, but not talent. Very high BB IQ, with the ability to use your strengths against you. They don't panic, don't turn the ball over, take advantage of your mistakes and force you to play their game.

Originally posted by JD Irish View Post
                                                  I tend to agree with this, but how have they been so successful this season? Also, the Big East is doing significantly better in the tournament than I had expected. I thought Xavier, Georgetown, Butler were all overseeded and would lose in the first round.

See above

The only thing that was obvious to me from the game yesterday was that Butler's coaching was obviously superior to Texas'. I do not know how Rick Barnes still has a job.
                                                  Chris Holtman is legit. He's very similar to Brad Stevens. Stevens wanted him on his staff in Boston.

Butler opponents averaged 57 ppg. They only gave up 70+ about five times this season.

I will be very surprised if this is an easy game. The key to winning this game will be the ability to spread them out and hit threes. Grant and Jackson will need to beat them on the dribble.
                                                  Last edited by Irish#1; 03-20-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawneeIrish View Post
                                                    Well that sucks. When I went to games in Chicago I was under that impression, but they actually made everyone leave the arena after games then reenter. However, I just booked a hotel for me and my buddy so I will need to get tickets one way or another. I am still hopeful that the scalpers will unload their remaining tickets for fairly cheap after the nova game is well underway.
                                                    They made everyone leave after the first session.....but not in between games. Tomorrow there will only be one session, so no one will have to leave, and if you do, you won't be allowed back in. At least that's what they did Yesterday. My youngest son was starting to get a headache so I was going to go back to the car to get some children's advil for him but couldn't.
                                                    I do think you'll luck out with cheaper tickets after things get going. Like I said, I went into the Center a good 45 minutes before opening tip. You might want to check Ebay too as some of those listings will do will call. I actually got my tickets off Ebay for roughly $30 a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by irishrb View Post
                                                      They made everyone leave after the first session.....but not in between games. Tomorrow there will only be one session, so no one will have to leave, and if you do, you won't be allowed back in. At least that's what they did Yesterday. My youngest son was starting to get a headache so I was going to go back to the car to get some children's advil for him but couldn't.
                                                      I do think you'll luck out with cheaper tickets after things get going. Like I said, I went into the Center a good 45 minutes before opening tip. You might want to check Ebay too as some of those listings will do will call. I actually got my tickets off Ebay for roughly $30 a ticket.
                                                      Thanks for the info reps

Comment

Scalpers will be cheap after opening tipoff. Got $20 lower level tix to ND/Miami game around halftime of the Duke game that was playing before them. Then again we got skunked the next night, not a single ticket to be had for the Duke game. With UNC and Duke playing back to back it was a ridiculously hard ticket on site. Plenty of option on stubhub up until initial tipoff though.

Comment

Notre Dame by 12.

Comment

2015 NCAA Tournament Opponent Preview: Notre Dame vs. Butler - One Foot Down

Comment

Anyone watching the game?
                                                              GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Defense not looking great at the moment. Hitting 3s though. Up 10-8.

Comment

Better start then last game.
                                                                  GO IRISH!!!

Comment

I'd like to see our interior D play a little better. They've gotten a few easy shots inside.
                                                                    #TeamKizer

Comment

Do people like our uniforms? I feel like they're Maryland football levels of ugly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

Comment

Originally posted by wizards8507 View Post
                                                                        Do people like our uniforms? I feel like they're Maryland football levels of ugly.

I don't dislike them, but I don't love them either.
                                                                        #TeamKizer

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                                                                          I don't dislike them, but I don't love them either.
                                                                          +1
                                                                          GO IRISH!!!

Comment

The white or blue UA ones are much better. Green (especially light green) just does not look good on uniforms.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Steve Vasturia will win the Wooden Award next year if he hits puberty finally.</p>&mdash; BASH Bros (@bashitbros) <a href="https://twitter.com/bashitbros/status/579465901105405952">March 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
                                                                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stumbled upon this somehow and it made me chuckle.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                UNC in some trouble with Arkansas.
                                                                                GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  The white or blue UA ones are much better. Green (especially light green) just does not look good on uniforms.
                                                                                  The green doesn't bother me as a base or on black but it's awful on the gold base.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Also pisses me off that the committee put all the Indiana teams in on region.
                                                                                    GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      We need to keep getting into transition, need those easy buckets!
                                                                                      GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
                                                                                        Also pisses me off that the committee put all the Indiana teams in on region.
                                                                                        As bad as Kentucky starting with two sellout home games?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          As bad as Kentucky starting with two sellout home games?

No #1 on my list is #11 Dayton getting 2 home games!
                                                                                          GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Looks like Bennettball right now. Final score 60-50? Winning the rebound battle so far. Much better than against NE.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Looks like Bennettball so far. Final score 60-50? Winning the rebound battle so far. Much better than against NE.
                                                                                              Looks like a different team IMO.
                                                                                              GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• #48

I think ND and MSU decided to go back to 1975 unis
                                                                                                Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• #49

I think they are better then the ones Adidas made for Louisville and Wisconsin.
                                                                                                  GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I'm not sure I've seen a high pick that ended with and inside pass. Everyone the ball gets passed outside.
                                                                                                    #TeamKizer

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X