No announcement yet.

ND Baseball!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The defense spit the bit and led to three runs that should’ve never scored. That got the crowd back in it and the 1st go-ahead HR kept the crowd in it. Kohlhepp was disappointing. Live by the fastball, die by the fastball. Mississippi State is a damn good program that ND couldn’t afford to let up on. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Hard to recover from game 1 loss. It think I read/heard the % of teams that win the first game and then the series is over 70%.

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
      For all the talk about the environment, I’m not impressed in the slightest at the fan participation. Just because a lot of people are there doesn’t make it a hard place to play. Love the Irish scored 1 in the first inning.
      They probably weren’t liquored up enough yet but as soon as ND starting kicking the ball around the infield and let Miss St back in the game, the tone changed. That 3 run bomb to put ND up 7-3 could’ve been the death knell for the Bulldogs and it definitely made for a quiet Dudy Noble as Kyle Petersen pointed out. Like it or not but the SEC dominates baseball as well. Thing is they can’t quite bring it all the way home w/ the Natty. Hard to believe MSU & Arkansas has never won it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

Kohlhepp has been lights out all year. Until today, that is. Deflating loss, leaving all those runners on base really cost us.
        He also threw almost 80 pitches today, which I would think will make him unavailable tomorrow.

Comment

Kohlhepp has been lights out all year. Until today, that is. Deflating loss, leaving all those runners on base really cost us.
          I love watching him pitch. Consistent 94-97 with sweet movement. They were able to drill it some, but it was the errors to blame.
          Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• This is awesome. Homer fest.

Comment

• Tyrell is dealing too

Comment

• Looking great so far.

Comment

• Bats awake and pitching is spectacular.
                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Seeing MSU tweets about the stadium not doing its job. Lol. They say ND having luck with bats today. Bish these boys been havin all that smoke. Lmaooo

Comment

• What a dominant performance all around. One more!

​​​​​​

Comment

• Wow. Nice game.

Comment

• NC State won two in a row after getting beat 21-2 on the opener to knock out #1 overall seed Arkansas.

Comment

• Total domination all around. Hopefully can do the same tomorrow.

Comment

• Tyrell was player of the game. What an outing under extreme circumstances. Bats came alive & never stopped. These boys aren’t going away quietly. Tomorrow will be bonkers at Dudy Noble.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                NC State won two in a row after getting beat 21-2 on the opener to knock out #1 overall seed Arkansas.
                                ACC doing well vs SEC

Comment

• i watched both games this weekend-one thing for sure-they have a better team than State
                                  Project ahead when you think of what university you want to bring your family to as an alum. If it isnt Notre Dame then you should go to another school-from a subway alumni

Comment

• #1 Arkansas eliminated by NCSt. Ark closer, likely NCAA POY, lost both games. Rather stunningly he pitched 9 innings in game 3 after pitching 2 innings in game 2. He was 12-0 with an 0.66 ERA in the reg season.

Comment

• I have always enjoyed college baseball, but this year it has been a lot more fun because we're coming out of the pandemic and ND. This has been awesome.
                                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

#1 Arkansas eliminated by NCSt. Ark closer, likely NCAA POY, lost both games. Rather stunningly he pitched 9 innings in game 3 after pitching 2 innings in game 2. He was 12-0 with an 0.66 ERA in the reg season.
                                        He pitched well enough to win. The Hogs’ bats went cold and NCSt capitalized. Kopps is fun to watch. Didn’t think anyone threw the gyro-ball anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                          ACC doing well vs SEC
                                          Arizona just eliminated Ole Miss

Comment

• Let’s get it done tonight. MSU isn’t very good against lefties and will face another one tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                              Let’s get it done tonight. MSU isn’t very good against lefties and will face another one tonight.
                                              True but baseball is a fickle game & MSU is still a helluva team.

Comment

• We've been the far better team through two games. The atmosphere is going to be intense today.

Comment

• Can't wait to watch this, hopefully we get the bats going again and the pitching stays hot. Hard to argue that we haven't been the better team this weekend. We ultimately blew it on Friday and gave the game away, and they boys responded nicely yesterday.
                                                  My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCDomer View Post
                                                    We've been the far better team through two games. The atmosphere is going to be intense today.
                                                    One things for sure... Hail St hasn't shown the ability to beat ND. ND stomped their azz yesterday and beat themselves on Saturday.

Comment

• Now we will see who has the pitching depth.

Comment

• Give it up for Tyrell. Hell of game.

Comment

• Any chance of a stream? Of course I don't have espn2 on my Hulu.

Comment

• Sadly I missed it but those results speak for themselves. What a phenomenal game.

Comment

• Just got it turned on

Comment

• Originally posted by DCDomer View Post
                                                                Any chance of a stream? Of course I don't have espn2 on my Hulu.
                                                                Do you have a Gmail/Google account? I'll add you to my YouTubeTV account for the game. If so send me a PM with the address.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Do you have a Gmail/Google account? I'll add you to my YouTubeTV account for the game. If so send me a PM with the address.

Found a stream on YT, but I really appreciate it!

Comment

• Digging ourselves a hole to start.

Comment

• Bad spot. Gotta get out of this inning down 2.

Comment

• what has happened to the stellar pitching and defense from the season?

Comment

• Jeeeeeeeesus....all bad

Comment

• Very difficult to have innings like this, especially this early, and expect to win big games like this. Here's to hoping the bats come alive soon.

Comment

• Everything in the field has been atrocious. Just wilting away the game. Disappointing to say the least.
                                                                              Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Not sure they can turn this around. Looking really bad at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                                  Not sure they can turn this around. Looking really bad at the moment.
                                                                                  Metal bats and college pitchers should leave some chances, with it being so early. But, they need to get out of this inning and start fast. As I type this he steals 3rd. Uncle!

Comment

• Gotta be able to throw strikes.

Comment

• Holding out hope since I heard we have scored 8 runs in every game in the post season and we have only given up 7 so far. Could win 8-7

Comment

• Score?

Inning?

Buehler?

Buehler?

Comment

• Down 7-2 top of the 3rd with one out and a man on 1st. We gave up 6 runs and went through 4 pitchers in the bottom of the 2nd

Comment

• They need a quick bottom of the 3rd and then get the bats going. They'll keep chipping away at it I think, but they can't let MSU keep tacking on. Kavadas needs to get involved somehow as well.

Comment

• Rough

Comment

• Need to start chipping away. 3 run inning would be huge here.

Comment

• Damnit

Comment

• Needed that last ball to drop. MSU is having the hot defense tonight.

Comment

• Line drives not finding grass for us. Relief pitching needs to stop this bleeding and we'll start getting some breaks at the plate.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X