ND Baseball!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://d1baseball.com/postseason/20...t-field-of-64/

Potential Regional Final vs Michigan? Bring it on.

So many things I do not like about Michigan, but their baseball program is one thing I can compliment about that school.

That said, I hope ND hands them their ass. If UConn doesn't knock them out first.
    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Solid start to the Regional today.

Comment

• Comment

• They crushed UConn. Crushed them.
          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Top of the 9th
            ND 22
            UConn 3

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
              Top of the 9th
              ND 22
              UConn 3
              Damn, I stopped watching after their 17th run. The bats have woken up at the right time, hopefully they can continue it. Michigan got eliminated so ND will have the winner of UCONN and Central in the championship round. It's too bad they won't be able to host a Super Regional, the season they had definitely showed they were deserving.

Comment

• Kavadas hit another 3 run HR in the 9th, making it 26-3, that's a helluva 2 games for him.

Comment

• That matchup with Central Michigan should be fun. Those guys are playing well and ND is playing really well.

Comment

• Another Kavadas HR ties the game.

Comment

• that escalated quickly. Irish 6-1

Comment

• Yep, another grand slam. They've hit a lot of home runs this weekend.

Comment

• Another 3 run HR, its now 9-2.

Comment

• Solo HR for 10-2. This team is unreal right now.

Comment

• Another HR.

Comment

• 14-2 top 9th.

Comment

• So they outscore their opponents 50-5 over 3 games? Unreal is right

Comment

• The way they’re swinging the bats, they’re going to be a tough out.

Comment

• Ridiculous numbers.

Comment

• That’s an all time regional performance by Nikos. Unreal!!

Comment

• Watched way too much College Baseball this weekend and it was glorious.

This ND squad is super fun. It gets serious now but I think they have another run left here. Then we see what happens.

Ball go far, team go far.
                                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• 1) Finally back on after the site change as the “Forgot Password” button wouldn’t cooperate for months!
                                            2) Went to the games this weekend and what a team. Just play the game of baseball extremely well in every facet. No errors this weekend, 50 runs and starting pitching went deep every outing. I’m not sure you could play a better weekend of baseball. Look forward to the momentum carrying into Supers with much tougher matchups!

Comment

• Originally posted by FWIrish4 View Post
                                              1) Finally back on after the site change as the “Forgot Password” button wouldn’t cooperate for months!
                                              2) Went to the games this weekend and what a team. Just play the game of baseball extremely well in every facet. No errors this weekend, 50 runs and starting pitching went deep every outing. I’m not sure you could play a better weekend of baseball. Look forward to the momentum carrying into Supers with much tougher matchups!
                                              Did the forgot password button end up working for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Did the forgot password button end up working for you?
                                                Yes, it worked. I’ve been trying it here and there for a couple months but it went through on Friday.

Comment

• That was a ton of fun to watch. Looked like a bunch of dudes playing slow pitch softball, especially Niko and Putz. Pitching was great and the defense was sound, per usual, as we lead the nation in fielding %.

Mississippi St plays the Campbell Fighting Camels (hilarious nickname, btw) at noon ET today. We are paired with the Starkville regional, so since they're the higher seed, if MSU wins as expected, we will be heading down to MS this weekend for the Super Regional. If Campbell pulls off miraculous back to back upsets, they'll be traveling up to SB.

That game is on ESPNU, should anyone care to watch.
                                                  My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• I just wish they would have kept playing everyday. I fear the break may cool the bats a little.

Comment

• I've seen a few tweets about Mississippi State players chirping about how ND has never played in an environment they are about to face. Hopefully the bats travel down to Starksville and shut them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                        I just wish they would have kept playing everyday. I fear the break may cool the bats a little.
                                                        Yeah.... I can only hope the bats stay hot. Our pitching will be well rested and they have the #1 defesne in the country. Two things that bode well. MSU has some very good players too. Gonn abe a good series.

Comment

I've seen a few tweets about Mississippi State players chirping about how ND has never played in an environment they are about to face. Hopefully the bats travel down to Starksville and shut them up.
                                                          The environment in Fayetteville looked awesome, TBH. The Nebraska - Arky game was pretty good. Starkville? Whatever. Just win.
                                                          Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

The environment in Fayetteville looked awesome, TBH. The Nebraska - Arky game was pretty good. Starkville? Whatever. Just win.
                                                            Yep, I caught the 8th inning rally Arkansas had and and the place was rocking. Chanting at the pitchers as they struggled to throw a strike and then it exploded on the HR. Even the calling of the hogs was impressive, if only they didn't do it at every break in the action.

Comment

I've seen a few tweets about Mississippi State players chirping about how ND has never played in an environment they are about to face. Hopefully the bats travel down to Starksville and shut them up.
                                                              That's kind of hilarious to me. Had the "Fighting Camels" played in an environment like that before losing a nail biter 6-5 yesterday afternoon? Shut up and play, hope the Irish bring it Saturday.
                                                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• 2 wins away from me having a 3 hour drive to Omaha. Let get it done boys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

Yeah.... I can only hope the bats stay hot. Our pitching will be well rested and they have the #1 defesne in the country. Two things that bode well. MSU has some very good players too. Gonn abe a good series.
                                                                  It's like the Bball player that is hot in the first half. You don't want to see halftime come, just keep hoopin'. Yep, bats come and go, but good pitching and solid defense can carry you until the bats awaken.

Comment

• Game on!!!

Comment

• For all the talk about the environment, I’m not impressed in the slightest at the fan participation. Just because a lot of people are there doesn’t make it a hard place to play. Love the Irish scored 1 in the first inning.
                                                                      Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                                                                        For all the talk about the environment, I’m not impressed in the slightest at the fan participation. Just because a lot of people are there doesn’t make it a hard place to play. Love the Irish scored 1 in the first inning.
                                                                        Irish looked nervous in the 1st, hopefully they can settle down and hit some dingers.

Comment

• Big spot here, bases juiced with one out after the MSU pitcher hit consecutive batters. Gotta come away with some runs.

Edit: Got one, but would’ve liked to have had more in that situation on the road.

Comment

• Need to clean the bases off in that situation. Can’t strand em like that

Comment

• Gotta think hitting Niko and Putz wasn’t very smart.

Comment

• Bertrand need a DP ground ball here to put this inning away.

Comment

• Irish chase that MSU ace in the fourth. Announcer "I guess he didn't have it today" or maybe we can hit.

Comment

• There we go!

Comment

• Yeah baby!!!!!!

Comment

• 10 hits with 2 HR's through not even 5 innings so far. ND has left 7 on base, MSU is lucky it's only a 7-3 score right now.

Comment

10 hits with 2 HR's through not even 5 innings so far. ND has left 7 on base, MSU is lucky it's only a 7-3 score right now.
                                                                                          Exactly why they are probably going to lose this game.

Comment

• Only able to see stat lines of the game on ESPN play-by-play. Why did we change pitchers? Bertrand gave up 3 runs in 4 innings and Kohlhepp has given up twice that in 3 innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                                              Only able to see stat lines of the game on ESPN play-by-play. Why did we change pitchers? Bertrand gave up 3 runs in 4 innings and Kohlhepp has given up twice that in 3 innings.
                                                                                              He was pulled after the first two batters reached to start the 5th, both on errors I believe. The defense let him down big time today. Between leaving all those runners on base and making 4 errors, this game was given away.

Comment

Only able to see stat lines of the game on ESPN play-by-play. Why did we change pitchers? Bertrand gave up 3 runs in 4 innings and Kohlhepp has given up twice that in 3 innings.
                                                                                                Kohlhepp has been lights out all year. Until today, that is. Deflating loss, leaving all those runners on base really cost us.

Comment

I think he was pulled too early. Also, as Clashmore said, the defense let the pitchers down. We had our chances. Bases were loaded twice I think and we only scored 1 or 2 points off of them.

Comment

• Best d in college had 4 errors. Left 7 men on base. Can’t win like that

Comment

• If there is a team that can bounce back and win in the given situation I believe this Irish team can do it. Take away the errors and they would be up 1-0.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X