ND Baseball!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ND Baseball!

ND Baseball is in the Big East Championship. They play tomorrow against either #8 UCONN or #5 Rutgers. ND was the #7 seed but beat #2 Seton Hall and then beat #3 Pitt twice (it is double elimination before the champ game).

Their Ace, Adam Norton, is 10-4 with a 2.13 and he will be coming off 3 days rest. I'd be shocked if he isn't starting. Pat Connaughton (the basketball guard) is 4-2 with a sub 2.00 era and he will be coming off 2 days rest.

Game tomorrow is at noon on ESPNU.

They have had a very strong year. I hope they get a favorable regional and have a chance to make some noise.

Btw, Eric Jagielo (3B) was Big East POY. Norton and Trey Mancini (1B) were also first team all Big East. Jagielo and Mancini both hit over .390 during the regular season.

http://www.bigeast.org/News/tabid/43...ll-honors.aspx
    Last edited by Kaneyoufeelit; 05-25-2013, 12:48 PM.
    If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Awesome job guys.

Comment

Never really followed college baseball till this season and these guys have been fun to watch. Really hoping they can make a splash this offseason

Comment

would like to see the team in omaha again...saw them play here in what 2002 i think.

Comment

Love it. Go Irish!
            God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Bring it home today! Let's go Irish!
              God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Down 6-0 top 4
                God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

UCONN- 8 Notre Dame- 1 FINAL

Comment

Darn
                    God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

The MLB draft begins tonight at 7. Here is the final first round mock: First Round Mock Draft.

Of note for Irish fans is this predicts Eric Jagielo, 3B and Big East POY, to go in the first round 26th overall to the Yankees. Good luck to Eric, the rest of the Irish Juniors and Seniors, and any players that you guys might know who have a chance to be drafted this weekend.
                      If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

I wonder how they are going to do against the ACC in baseball. I have always thought ND gets good talent in baseball, but the ACC has some really good baseball teams. Does that start next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post
                          The MLB draft begins tonight at 7. Here is the final first round mock: First Round Mock Draft.

Of note for Irish fans is this predicts Eric Jagielo, 3B and Big East POY, to go in the first round 26th overall to the Yankees. Good luck to Eric, the rest of the Irish Juniors and Seniors, and any players that you guys might know who have a chance to be drafted this weekend.
                          I would really like Jags on the Yanks. We need a solid third base prospect badly.
                          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Cubs go with 3rd baseman Kris Bryant out of University of San Diego. I really like the pick but I thought for sure they would have gone pitcher

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                              I would really like Jags on the Yanks. We need a solid third base prospect badly.
                              Naw we've got Arod for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                Ha you called that one! Yanks got him at 26.

Comment

Hope to see him play AAA ball in Scranton.
                                  God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

The next one to pay attention to is Cavan Biggio, yes Craig's son. His brother Conor is on the team and Cavan is committed to ND. He is supposed to be a high pick, however, potentially here or in the early second. If he falls some and decides that the money isn't right then he will be headed to South Bend.
                                    Last edited by Kaneyoufeelit; 06-06-2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                      Ha you called that one! Yanks got him at 26.
                                      Boom!
                                      This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Dan Slania of <a href="https://twitter.com/NDBaseball">@NDBaseball</a> just went to the <a href="https://twitter.com/SFGiants">@SFGiants</a> with the 27th pick of the 5th round (#162 overall) in the 2013 <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBDraft">@MLBDraft</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=&#37;23domeball&amp;src=hash">#domeball</a></p>&mdash; Michael Bertsch (@NDsidBertschy) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDsidBertschy/statuses/343085270649933825">June 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Yankees have signed 1st rd pick Eric Jagielo, 3B from Notre Dame. 26th overall. Believed to be slot money which was around $1.8 mil.</p>&mdash; Sweeny Murti (@YankeesWFAN) <a href="https://twitter.com/YankeesWFAN/status/344850829645336576">June 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Went out to ND's opener vs ASU last night. ND ran into a pitcher who had command of all his stuff. KO'd 10 through 6. Final was 10-1. Good Irish turnout last night. I had my ND slides on but had to rep some ASU swag cuz their HC is a buddy of mine from college. Yes, I did catch grief for my kicks. Oh well...

The lone bright spot for ND was Niko Kavades. The 6-0/240 DH from Penn HS did his best Kyle Schwarber impersonation, right down to his #12 jersey when he launched a bomb to RF. That didn't go unnoticed by the coach's friends/family as Schwarber played for him at IU.

Comment

I try to keep up w/ ND baseball but they’re at such a disadvantage due to weather. Do they have an indoor facility of any size where they can get decent workouts in the fall/winter months?

Comment

ND fired baseball coach Aoki this AM. Had a losing record this year and for his 9 years at ND.

Shows they will fire a coach in a non-revenue sport, although most would think it took way too long. 1 NCAA bid in 9 years.

Comment

Hopefully everything turns out OK for Trey.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-removed-colon

Comment

Originally posted by yankeehater View Post
                                                    Hopefully everything turns out OK for Trey.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-removed-colon
                                                    Yep.

Comment

Link Jarrett details state of Notre Dame baseball

Comment

Prayers for Trey!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...x-months-chemo

Comment

Hopefully most of these suggestions end up happening

Last edited by ab2cmiller; 03-20-2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

kid from up the road from us here commits to ND baseball

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am excited and blessed to announce that I have committed to further my academic and baseball career at Notre Dame University. I would like to thank my family, coaches, teammates, and most importantly God for helping and supporting me along the way. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> ☘️<a href="https://twitter.com/coachwally39?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@coachwally39</a> <a href="https://t.co/VaTS4Ukqze">pic.twitter.com/VaTS4Ukqze</a></p>&mdash; David Lally (@davidlally55) <a href="https://twitter.com/davidlally55/status/1292977364994076672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

A friend of mine growing up playing baseball who is now the first base coach for the St. Louis Cardinals, his kid is now committed to ND.

https://twitter.com/Cooperclapp11/st...967264256?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by phork View Post
                                                                A friend of mine growing up playing baseball who is now the first base coach for the St. Louis Cardinals, his kid is now committed to ND.

https://twitter.com/Cooperclapp11/st...967264256?s=20
                                                                Pretty cool to see as a Cardinals fan!

Comment

Jarrett, Notre Dame baseball set big goals for 2021

Comment

Comment

ND baseball team looking good and picking up where they left off last year. Link is off to a great start with the program.

Comment

Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                                        ND baseball team looking good and picking up where they left off last year. Link is off to a great start with the program.
                                                                        No doubt. Cracked the top 25! I’m not a fan of the green on green or blue on blue unis. It’s a bit much from me but I’m sure the kids love them. I think they’d look cleaner w/ gray pants for road games & white pants for home games. The gold helmet though is fire.

Comment

Yep! Been following them so far this season and they look good.
                                                                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Kind of a sneaky team this year. Should be fun. I have enjoyed college baseball thus far, especially when Leiter's kid is pitching for Vanderbilt. Absolute filth.

Hope ND can make a strong run this year.
                                                                            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              acc has like 7-8 teams in the top 25....
                                                                              EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Great start to the season, exciting to see.

Does anyone know the best way to tune in? I see on the und.com schedule some of the games are aired on ACCN Extra, does Youtube TV pick that channel up? Or only ACCN?

Damn Xfinity doesn't have ACCN.
                                                                                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                                                  Great start to the season, exciting to see.

Does anyone know the best way to tune in? I see on the und.com schedule some of the games are aired on ACCN Extra, does Youtube TV pick that channel up? Or only ACCN?

Damn Xfinity doesn't have ACCN.
                                                                                  Do you have access to the espn app? You'd have to log in with your provider if they offer it but you can stream misty of them there I'd assume.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Do you have access to the espn app? You'd have to log in with your provider if they offer it but you can stream misty of them there I'd assume.
                                                                                    I do, but with Xfinity being my provider, I don't think that would work. I would need to log in with a provider that offers ACCN, unless I'm mistaken. Had the issue with Men's hoops all year having so many games on ACCN. I was hoping I could use YoutubeTV free trial subscription to catch a chunk of the games.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

I do, but with Xfinity being my provider, I don't think that would work. I would need to log in with a provider that offers ACCN, unless I'm mistaken. Had the issue with Men's hoops all year having so many games on ACCN. I was hoping I could use YoutubeTV free trial subscription to catch a chunk of the games.
                                                                                      Ah, gotcha. I'm not sure if YTV offers ACCN extra or not. If you try the trial and it doesn't work, let me know. I could possibly share my log in info for espn.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Ah, gotcha. I'm not sure if YTV offers ACCN extra or not. If you try the trial and it doesn't work, let me know. I could possibly share my log in info for espn.
                                                                                        Wow, I appreciate that Clash, very generous. I'll let ya know

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          ND 9-2 in ACC best record in the conference. Can't understate how unlikely this is.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                                                            ND 9-2 in ACC best record in the conference. Can't understate how unlikely this is.
                                                                                            No question. Not a bad start to the home stand. Linc has already improved both the recruiting and the overall play. Enjoy him while we can.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              ND gets a walk off HR to beat #7 Louisville for the first time since 2011. Pretty exciting last couple innings of the game.

Last edited by clashmore_mike; 03-27-2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Awesome. They lost Friday so I’d love to see them take the series tomorrow
                                                                                                Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• #49

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X