#5 ND v FSU March 20th 9:40 PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5 ND v FSU March 20th 9:40 PM ET

Notre Dame To Face Florida State On Sunday In NCAA Third Round - University of Notre Dame Official Athletics Site

#5 Notre Dame (#2 seed) vs. Florida State (#10 seed)
    2011 NCAA Championship
    Southwest Region • Third Round
    March 20 • 9:40 p.m. (ET)/8:40 p.m. (CT)
    United Center (20,500) • Chicago, Ill.

TV: TBS
    Spero Dedes (play-by-play)
    Bob Wenzel (analyst)
    Jaime Maggio (sideline)
    Radio: Broadcast also on UND.com
    Jack Nolan (play-by-play)
    Jordan Cornette (analyst

•This will be the first meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Florida State.

•This season's 27 wins are the most during the Mike Brey era at Notre Dame (11 seasons). The previous high was 25 in 2007-08. The 27 victories are the most in the modern era of Notre Dame basketball. Notre Dame's highest win total ever was 33 (33-7) in 1908-09.

•Notre Dame has posted a 96-41 (.701) record over the past four seasons. The 96 wins are the most victories in program history over a four-year span

•Notre Dame is 6-0 this season in games decided by five points or less. Five of those contests occurred during BIG EAST play.

•Notre Dame opponents are averaging just 29.3 points in the first half of play this season, while the Irish are averaging 37.2 points during the first stanza.

•Notre Dame is 21-2 this season when leading at the intermission. The losses were to West Virginia (27-26 halftime lead) on Feb. 19 and Louisville (46-32) on March 11.

•Notre Dame has been outscored by 88 points (257-169; 14.7 average) in the second half of its six setbacks.

•The Fighting Irish are 23-1 this season when out-rebounding their opponent. Notre Dame held a 41-32 advantage in boards on Friday against Akron.

•Notre Dame boasts a +4.6 overall rebound margin this season. The Irish have a +7.2 margin in their 27 wins, while they are -7.0 in their six losses. Notre Dame has been out-rebounded in five of its six losses.

ND -4.5 to -5

U/O 130

Comment

SCARED. This is the type of team that always gives ND fits. They will smother our shooters. Need Ty Nash to have a good game inside to create some space, and the mid range game needs to produce. I'm looking at you Scott Martin
      "The greatest loss is lost opportunity" -Lou Holtz

Comment

Im a little nervous about this one too. Our big time perimeter players matched up against there stingy D will be very exciting.

I hope that our virtual home court advantage will give us the edge.
        "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

Atkins needs to attack Florida's press and get their
          guards in foul trouble.

Comment

Tonights gonna be fun in Tallahassee.
            sigpic

Comment

I really see this being a blow out.....ND 84 FS 65

Comment

It all comes down to stopping Chris Singleton. Dude's a beast and a bad matchup. Carleton Scott will be the key to ND winning or ND going home.

Comment

I'm nervous about this one. This is the perfect team to beat Notre Dame. Ben Hansbrough is gonna need to be at his best today, and not just in the scoring column. He's gonna need to make smart passes and know when not to take the shot (unlike how he played against Louisville).

Go Irish. Beat Seminoles.

Comment

We gettin' vDrunk and watchin' the game here?

Comment

ND (W) 83-77.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish666 View Post
                        ND (W) 83-77.
                        Welcome back buddy. Nice to see you.

I hope ND wins it- tough game ahead...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
                          Welcome back buddy. Nice to see you.

I hope ND wins it- tough game ahead...
                          me too, it will take hansy at his best.

Comment

Wish Mr. Lynch could sing the national anthem prior to tip. Oh and Momma of course.
                            Last edited by Irish Insanity; 03-20-2011, 07:24 PM.
                            #TeamKizer

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Insanity View Post
                              Wish Mr. Lynch could sing the national anthem prior to tip.
                              Due to the recruiting battle?
                              Last edited by johnnykillz; 03-20-2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

We gotta win this one...

Go Irish!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
                                  Due to the recruiting battle?
                                  Yes sir. Figured we could set the tone before the game even started. I'd like to own them in every manor possible because of the dirtiness of that recruiting battle.
                                  #TeamKizer

Comment

They've won a few recruiting battles lately. We definitely came out ahead overall, but we still came out with a few recruiting black eyes from Jimbo.

I think we end up playing them FB at a bowl game within the next 4 years.

Comment

Now that may be a bowl game I try to get tickets to.
                                      #TeamKizer

Comment

The United Center sounds like a library. I don't know why the ND fans didn't hoot and holler for VCU; hopefully the stadium is all Irish and they are saving their voices for the next game. We'll need a good crowd.
                                        Just cover, baby

Comment

I hate that damn chant, I hope we kill these guys.
                                          Rockne, Leahy, Ara, Devine, Lou, Kelly? Go Irish!

Comment

Seminole ladies lookin' good fellas.

Comment

^This.

Wait I typed this about the 'kill them' one.
                                              #TeamKizer

Comment

Lehgooo!

Comment

Let's go IRISH!!!!
                                                  Just cover, baby

Comment

Great Defense!

Comment

Good D so far
                                                      Just cover, baby

Comment

Big 3 Ben!

Comment

We need Ben to play well tonight.

Comment

Come on boys! Represent Indiana well, apparently Purdue cant

Comment

Originally posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
                                                              Come on boys! Represent Indiana well, apparently Purdue cant
                                                              You still have Butler
                                                              Just cover, baby

Comment

Did i just hear that right? Florida state has a 26 year old player?

Comment

were moving the ball around nicely

Comment

2 backdoors so far. That's how you beat pressure D like FSU's
                                                                    Just cover, baby

Comment

Originally posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
                                                                      Did i just hear that right? Florida state has a 26 year old player?
                                                                      Yeah, but he reads on a 5th grade level.

Comment

Marquette just finished off Syracuse.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinNV View Post
                                                                          You still have Butler
                                                                          True. My sister in law is a butler student and word around campus is butler is america's team.....found that to be a bit strange to say the least

Comment

Originally posted by Fan of the Irish View Post
                                                                            Yeah, but he reads on a 5th grade level.
                                                                            And thats higher than most their athletes.
                                                                            #TeamKizer

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Shamrocks and Shenanigans View Post
                                                                              Marquette just finished off Syracuse.
                                                                              Marquette just finished off my busted-*** bracket...

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Purdue shot mine to **** earlier.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  **** I had both moving on.
                                                                                  #TeamKizer

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Shamrocks and Shenanigans View Post
                                                                                    Purdue shot mine to **** earlier.
                                                                                    My bracket has been wrong from the start basically haha

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Good hustle and 'want' - to bad they can't shoot.
                                                                                      Just cover, baby

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Gotta say fellas I am not getting a good vibe from these first several minutes not sure what it is... Btw one of these days Atkins' inexperience is going to hurt us, he is always so scared when he has the ball in his hands.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Abro just can't get anyting to fall. Hopefully that will change.
                                                                                          Just cover, baby

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            This is an ugly way to start off.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              These 2 commentators are already getting on my nerves. IMO, bad shooting has lead to this lead, not exceptional FSU defense. Abro has missed at least 3 open 3's...
                                                                                              I'm kind of a big deal

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                This is a joke - right?
                                                                                                Just cover, baby

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by NDFanInMich View Post
                                                                                                  These 2 commentators are already getting on my nerves. IMO, bad shooting has lead to this lead, not exceptional FSU defense. Abro has missed at least 3 open 3's...
                                                                                                  This!!!!!

ND is getting good open shots, their defense isn't doing it.
                                                                                                  Just cover, baby

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    What was with Carlton Scott taking stupid shots though? Rushing shots is not how ND plays...
                                                                                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X