Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your bracket look like now? (March Madness 2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your bracket look like now? (March Madness 2021)

I'm down to just 1/4 of my Final Four teams - Gonzaga.

Teams that really screwed me - BYU, Ohio State, SDSU, Illinois, and UNC.

I doubt anyone is doing worse than me, but let's see where you stand.
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

I've only lost Illinois from my final four so far and have lost Ohio State, North Carolina and West Virginia from the sweet 16. Not terrible and I'm currently in 2nd in the only pool I'm in at work. The guy leading it only has Gonzaga left in his final four so I'm in pretty good shape. If either Arkansas or Alabama make the final 4 I'll win the whole thing.

This year was by far the least amount of college basketball I've watched and I filled the bracket out in about 4 minutes so that will be my strategy moving forward lol.

Comment

Mine is in the circular file, but I love all the upsets, large and small.

Comment

My final four was Illinois, Gonzaga, FSU and Arkansas. I have 3/4 but that's about the only three I have left in my entire Sweet 16.

It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

I actually have Gonzaga and Loyola in the final, so things aren't looking too bad yet. BYU screwed me, had them in the final four. Fair to say I have a lot of upsets in my bracket. scUM losing today would help me out majorly.

Comment

I did two separate brackets in two separate pools and both are terrbile, lol.

The first I had a FF of Gonzaga, Baylor, Michigan, and Illinois. With Illinois and Gonzaga in the NCG and Illinois winning.

The second, I had a FF of Gonzaga, Texas, Baylor, and Okie State. With Gonzaga and Okie State in the NCG and Gonzaga winning.

I tried to get creative with Okie State as they've played and won quite a few big games this year. That failed. In the other bracket, I went chalk for the FF on purpose but wanted to pick a different winner as I knew that group would all pick Gonzaga, which they did. I was the only 1 of 11 brackets that picked a winner other than Gonzaga. So, that was what I wanted, but I just picked the wrong team. Should've went with Baylor.

Comment

Wanted Oklahoma State to keep going to see more Cade Cunningham. Next stop for him could be the Timberwolves.

That freshman from USC looks like he's going to be a player, too.

To have a tournament without Duke, Kentucky and Louisville only to now see teams like UCLA, UNC, Michigan State, Ohio State and Texas all get beat makes this even more fun. Love the chaos and love the little guys winning over the big boys.
              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                Wanted Oklahoma State to keep going to see more Cade Cunningham. Next stop for him could be the Timberwolves.

That freshman from USC looks like he's going to be a player, too.

To have a tournament without Duke, Kentucky and Louisville only to now see teams like UCLA, UNC, Michigan State, Ohio State and Texas all get beat makes this even more fun. Love the chaos and love the little guys winning over the big boys.
                Yep. I'm out $45 for my two brackets but have enjoyed all the chaos much much more. Really fun to see. I also think this is sending a message, or at least it should, to college basketball coaches/programs.

Comment

Not sure how it happened but I'm still 3rd place in my bracket. IL is the only Final Four team that I've lost so far.

Boeheim missing that last free throw yesterday was huge. The final score was 'Cuse 75 to WVU's 72 and I bet the under at 147.5. Thank you, Buddy. I had a nice parlay set to payout too had OR beat VCU straight up. Damn COVID.

Comment

I picked Gonzaga, that is about the only team I got left in the tourney. Been a great tourney.

Comment

Today's wagers so far: taking the under of 133 for the Abilene Christian/UCLA game. Also, took Ohio +5.5 against Creighton - thinking about going straight money line with this one as Ohio has a good chance at the upset. I'm also looking hard at LSU -4.5 against SCum tonight. LSU played pretty darn good in their first round game...

Comment

I'm down to 6 teams total, and one Final Four (Gonzaga). I had Zags, Illinois, Texas, and Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                          Today's wagers so far: taking the under of 133 for the Abilene Christian/UCLA game. Also, took Ohio +5.5 against Creighton - thinking about going straight money line with this one as Ohio has a good chance at the upset. I'm also looking hard at LSU -4.5 against SCum tonight. LSU played pretty darn good in their first round game...
                          Ouch!

Sure wish LSU would have dropped scUM. Tournament is wide open at this point. Zags have to be the favorite, but they've got Creighton who's no slouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Ouch!

Sure wish LSU would have dropped scUM. Tournament is wide open at this point. Zags have to be the favorite, but they've got Creighton who's no slouch.
                            Ouch is right but at least yesterday was a push. Won the under in the UCLA game to even things up and wisely didn't end up betting the LSU/SCum game.

Looking over the bracket this morning, I still have 3 of my 4 left - Zags, 'Bama, and Baylor. IL laying a turd screwed one of my parlays too...all I needed was for them to hit the money line against an 8 seed.

The BIG with 9 teams dancing and taking half the 1 and 2 seeds to only have 1 advance to the Sweet 16 is LOL. Although, I'd much prefer that team not be Michigan. And who'd have thought that the PAC would have 4 teams still left?

Comment

Looks like the PAC is underrated this year. USC has a couple of future NBA guys up front. I won't be surprised if they make it to the Final Four.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                Looks like the PAC is underrated this year. USC has a couple of future NBA guys up front. I won't be surprised if they make it to the Final Four.
                                Evan Mobley should go second overall to Cunningham in the draft. Don't know if Isiah is going to come out or not.

Comment

Happy to see Oral Roberts rep the Summit well. They were very average this year and run to the sweet 16 lmaoo
                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                    Happy to see Oral Roberts rep the Summit well. They were very average this year and run to the sweet 16 lmaoo
                                    It's all about getting hot at the right time.

Comment

A potential Baylor (gross), UH (Sampson), scUM and SC Final Four.

Need Gonzaga and UCLA to come through. Then the winnter of that one can take it.

Comment

After toying with Creighton, Gonzaga looks like they may be the first team since IU in '76 to go undefeated. Love to see a mid major win it.

Comment

I have an embarrassing bracket but it true... "I don't really watch college basketball" luck, I'm expecting to have all 4 teams in next weekend as I went WAY out on a limb and picked 3 #1's and the right #2.

My chick has already beaten me in best of 67 and has the Zags over Baylor which I have the opposite. Of course she's from Indiana and went to IU in the late 80's so it's not like getting your azz kicked by a regular girl.

I'm hoping for a BU vs. GU final. I may have mentioned, I played for Scott's dad and coached with both in 89-90. Scott was a student assistant then. He drove to every home game and regional away games while an undergrad at Butler.

Gotta funny Gonzaga connection too. My college roommate was looking for a GA job in '89. His dad was a college coach and played for Gene Bartow at Valpo. So Dan Monson (Long Beach State) was an assistant for Dan Fitzgerald at Gonzaga at the time but his first college gig was as an assistant for Bartow at UAB. So the Gene Bartow coaching tree is heavily at work here and my buddy gets the GA offer...

BUT... he decides to take the same gig at Rice. Southwest Conference, elite Masters program + former Digger & Lute assistant Scott Thompson was the head coach. (Thompson recruited both John Paxson & Steve Kerr... Thx, signed A Bulls fan) My buddy's connection at Rice was an assistant named Grey Giovanine who was a player (Central Missouri) and assistant (Valpo) for his dad in college. Grey was the national coach of the year in DIII multiple times at Augustana (IL). More Bartow connections.

Meanwhile... Dan Monson's dad, Don Monson (the lead recruiter for Magic at MSU btw) was the HC at Oregon and met a Oregon student who was already coaching HS basketball during his summer camps. Dan met him working the same camps over the years and he was offered the GA job that my buddy turned down.

And that's how Mark Few got hired on at Gonzaga.

Comment

Gonzaga takes a 19 point lead over the Trogans into the half.

Comment

UCLA!!!

Comment

You hate to see it

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

Me to Michigan athletics...

Comment

UCLA fans have to be feeling a little extra today. Get to the FF while their hated crosstown rival gets taken out behind the woodshed for an old fashion spanking.

Not only are the Zags trying to be the first since IU in '76, they play a very similar offense and tough D like those Hoosiers did under Knight.

Homer Drew my man. Gene Bartow was a better coach than given credit for. His mistake was following Wooden at UCLA. That was a no win situation.

F@ck Michigan!

Comment

What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                        Classic Mick Cronin defensive squad. Turning it into a rock fight at the perfect time.

Comment

I've grown to really like Mick Cronin. When he was at Cincy visiting ND, the student section would really fuck with him and he was a good sport about it.

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                            I've grown to really like Mick Cronin. When he was at Cincy visiting ND, the student section would really fuck with him and he was a good sport about it.
                                                            He got run out of Cincinnati for his lack of success in March...

It's the epitome of the Cincinnati Sports curse that he's two years out of the city, and already in a Final Four lol.

For real, though, he's a great dude and a good basketball coach. It easy to make fun of him for his temper and the obvious short-guy syndrome jokes, but he relates well to his players. You wouldn't think 'superstar' types of kids would respond to his tough approach, but he gets them to buy in. Offensive-minded players are suddenly willing to go to war on the defensive side of the game.

I was among those that thought it was time for a change with UC basketball... I am now among those lamenting that they let him escape, especially with the current turmoil going on with the program.

Comment

Gonzaga does everything really really well. Win two more games and Suggs goes pro. He's quite the player.

Mobley is going to need to hit the weights but he's also quite good.

Against all my instincts, I like Juwan Howard. I think he's going to do well for that program. A lot of credibility. We'll see if hiring an alum actually works.

Winner of the Zags UCLA game works. Baylor Basketball should've been put through a meat grinder after what Dave Bliss did and Kelvin Sampson is a perfect example of what is wrong with college sports.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                              Working...
                                                              X