No announcement yet.

Biden Presidency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe was a little desperate with his "I have the right to kill you" comment when discussing those that don't want to get vaccinated. He also said police should be required to be vax'd or be fired. Police have a tough enough time and our already short staffed.

Comment

• Who could have possibly seen this coming? Hunter's paintings draw more than Picasso, but we shouldn't bat an eye at him selling access.... again.

Also- as the border is open and ports backed up, more covid deaths in 2021 than 2020, inflation surges, oil breaking through the ceiling, and China showing off their hypersonic missile- we get this...

#Buildbackbetter #AmericaIsBack

Ohh wait, there's more!

This is new territory. unrealized gains. They say it's for the rich, but it will probably be on all of our heads for gains over $600 once these clowns see it doesn't work.

Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• Not sure how to justify taxing unrealized gains.
        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Just a reminder, in 1913 when income tax became a thing it was at 1% tax and only for those who made $3,000 ($80K today).

This will NOT stay for just the "rich", this will be for all middle class. It always has and always will be.

Taxing unrealized gains after those "gains" were made with income that was already taxed is insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
            Not sure how to justify taxing unrealized gains.
            I didn't know they had to justify it!

Comment

• Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

Ohh wait, there's more!

This is new territory. unrealized gains. They say it's for the rich, but it will probably be on all of our heads for gains over $600 once these clowns see it doesn't work.

When WaPo says "This may be an unworkable and unconstitutional mess" you may want to rethink your strategy.

Comment

Not sure how to justify taxing unrealized gains.
                Breaking my hiatus for this

Taxing unrealized gains is a colossal error, like possibly the biggest one they could make (other than straight up taking people's property away from them). The amount of back office work that would have to go into the IRS compliance team, audit teams, and service desk would be insane. Not to mention the sky high accounting fees that us CPA's could charge is incredible. As well, if there are unrealized gains being taxed then it would only be fair that unrealized losses could be claimed as well. A lot of $1 transactions would start happening. This would break the IRS.

Admittedly I didn't watch Yellens video, but if the subject line is right then it's 110% dumb.

Comment

• Biden's proposal got whittled down big time. I'm happy the environment money was left in there and also happy they took a carving knife to it. We can't afford to keep spending and spending.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

Taxing unrealized gains is a colossal error, like possibly the biggest one they could make (other than straight up taking people's property away from them). The amount of back office work that would have to go into the IRS compliance team, audit teams, and service desk would be insane. Not to mention the sky high accounting fees that us CPA's could charge is incredible. As well, if there are unrealized gains being taxed then it would only be fair that unrealized losses could be claimed as well. A lot of $1 transactions would start happening. This would break the IRS.

Admittedly I didn't watch Yellens video, but if the subject line is right then it's 110% dumb.
                    Some of her old subordinates and colleagues have put her on blast. Always a shame when a respected person ruins their credibility. She also claimed Biden's plan will be anti-inflammatory.

I'm not sure who has had a worse week, her or Merrick Garland lol. He got pounded this week too.
                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• There were four versions by three different artists in the Top 8. How does this happen?

Comment

Some of her old subordinates and colleagues have put her on blast. Always a shame when a respected person ruins their credibility. She also claimed Biden's plan will be anti-inflammatory.

I'm not sure who has had a worse week, her or Merrick Garland lol. He got pounded this week too.
                        Well, Lying Jen Psaki has covid now, so could be her.

Comment

• LMAO I'm speechless.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                            LMAO I'm speechless.

The world is going to end in ten years and you're here to discuss it.... time for a nap.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are.
                              Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

The world is going to end in ten years and you're here to discuss it.... time for a nap.
                                Speechless

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Speechless
                                  To be fair, he seems to be at his best performance with his eyes closed.

Comment

• If this admin starts paying illegal immigrants (who are exempt from the jab, like Congress) while thousands are let go from their employment because of opting out of the jab, that might be the last straw before our next civil war. I do NOT want that to happen, but we're getting closer to a reality where citizenship means nothing and you're better off breaking our immigration laws if Dems are in charge of the border and White House.
                                    The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• Was listening to a discussion on the COVID vax mandate for employers who have 100 or more employees. An owner of a trucking company out in Cali has about 600 truckers. He said he knows at least half of the drivers are not vax'd and won't get vax'd so he is going to be crippled when the mandate goes into effect. I would guess there are quite a few trucking companies facing the same dilemma. I wonder how Joe thinks this is going to help the logistics issue we already have?
                                      Last edited by Irish#1; 11-05-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Was listening to a discussion on the COVID vax mandate for employers who have 100 or more employees. An owner of a trucking company out in Cali has about 600 truckers. He said he knows at least half of the drivers are not vax'd and won't get vax'd so he is going to be crippled her when the mandate goes into effect. I would guess there are quite a few trucking companies facing the same dilemma. I wonder how Joe thinks this is going to help the logistics issue we already have?
                                        Prob why they timed it after Christmas and initiated after the election day.

Comment

Was listening to a discussion on the COVID vax mandate for employers who have 100 or more employees. An owner of a trucking company out in Cali has about 600 truckers. He said he knows at least half of the drivers are not vax'd and won't get vax'd so he is going to be crippled her when the mandate goes into effect. I would guess there are quite a few trucking companies facing the same dilemma. I wonder how Joe thinks this is going to help the logistics issue we already have?
                                          This is my greatest fear. If the truckers walk, we're all in big trouble.

Side note: does the vax mandate apply to illegal immigrants who are working here? Or nah?

Comment

• So it's roughly a year since the election was called for the 46th.

As most had predicted, it has been a disastrous year for the stock markets (or was it?)

https://www.google.com/search?q=s%26...hrome&ie=UTF-8

This MUST be fake news, right?

+1,193.32 (33.99%)past year

Comment

Prob why they timed it after Christmas and initiated after the election day.
                                              Sounds like the delay will be evidence if its lack of necessity in upcoming litigation.

Something tells me they know it isn't going to be legal. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull it back at the last minute.
                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• My Friday afternoon needed some Onion.

It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post

This is my greatest fear. If the truckers walk, we're all in big trouble.

Side note: does the vax mandate apply to illegal immigrants who are working here? Or nah?
                                                  No. Joe would prefer not to force this upon them. Then when they get COVID, they can get treated by our health care system for free. The way it should be.

Comment

• #ThankYouBrandon is trending on twitter. Dem's trying to turn this Brandon thing around and thanking President Brandon. LOL.

Sad part is, there's a 50/50 chance that Joe will think his real name is Brandon at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post
                                                      So it's roughly a year since the election was called for the 46th.

As most had predicted, it has been a disastrous year for the stock markets (or was it?)

https://www.google.com/search?q=s%26...hrome&ie=UTF-8

This MUST be fake news, right?

+1,193.32 (33.99%)past year
                                                      Do you realize you're the laughing stock of this entire forum?

Stock market is entirely speculative. Ya know what isn't?

The disaster on our southern border.

The labor participation rate.

The unconstitutional vax mandates forced on private companies.

Record breaking inflation.

The $3 trillion spending bill that won't cost a dime.

Giving illegal immigrants taxpayer cash to break our laws.

Leaving Americans and allies behind enemy lines in Afghanistan.

Comment

• Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

Don't forget soaring gas prices, gas shortages and having to pay hackers to restore access to our own production facilities, instability in the Middle East after a relative peaceful period. There was also his COVID plan that he touted as being better than Trump's and it turned out to be the same plan. Meanwhile we hit more deaths in 2021 back in September than all the deaths in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

Don't forget soaring gas prices, gas shortages and having to pay hackers to restore access to our own production facilities, instability in the Middle East after a relative peaceful period. There was also his COVID plan that he touted as being better than Trump's and it turned out to be the same plan. Meanwhile we hit more deaths in 2021 back in September than all the deaths in 2020.
                                                            I'm up to $4 a gallon here and every store around has staffing shortages and reduced hours or capacity because of it. My $400 grocery cart this morning wasn't as full as I would have liked.

Comment

In fact, that is incorrect.

the stock market is NOT entirely speculative..

In the short term, it is an emotional weather vane, but in the long term it is a weighing mechanism

I recommend you read "Stocks for the long run" by Jeremy Seigel. Nota bene the stock charts of Japan and Germany which encompass the war periods.

I will spare you my views on the LONG term inflationary/deflationary pressures, as in, oh say the next ten years.

And you have no earthly idea what you are talikng about when you say "Record breaking inflation."

You lack discipline

But that is your family's problem, not mine

If you want to live your life as if the sky is falling, have at it.

I know better.

Comment

Charlie broke him. He's gone. Just pray for his soul. Dude tells us to burn out Bibles and not recite the Nicene Creed. He's a broken man.

My sister deals with his types professionally. The US government wouldn't let him win as a young man. His generation is broken.
                                                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Everything is fine.

Comment

In fact, that is incorrect.

the stock market is NOT entirely speculative..

In the short term, it is an emotional weather vane, but in the long term it is a weighing mechanism

I recommend you read "Stocks for the long run" by Jeremy Seigel. Nota bene the stock charts of Japan and Germany which encompass the war periods.

I will spare you my views on the LONG term inflationary/deflationary pressures, as in, oh say the next ten years.

And you have no earthly idea what you are talikng about when you say "Record breaking inflation."

You lack discipline

But that is your family's problem, not mine

If you want to live your life as if the sky is falling, have at it.

I know better.
                                                                    Of the 7 issues I raised, you attempted to address one aside from the stock market and even that had no substance. Telling me I have no idea what I'm talking about and that I lack discipline, whatever the hell that means, are not arguments to the points I raised. For the 55th time this year, you've shown us all that you cannot debate these issues with any substance.

My book recommendation for you would be "Capitalism and Freedom" by Milton Friedman.

Comment

Charlie broke him. He's gone. Just pray for his soul. Dude tells us to burn out Bibles and not recite the Nicene Creed. He's a broken man.

My sister deals with his types professionally. The US government wouldn't let him win as a young man. His generation is broken.
                                                                      Not all of us.

Comment

• Joe finally gets his infrastructure passed. I don't know if he wanted something unique to make him stand out from other presidents, but it doesn't look like voters are too concerned with this.

A survey by Newhouse and Democratic pollster Joel Benenson of Benenson Strategy Group found that immigration, the economy and the pandemic topped the list of issues that needed to be addressed — ahead of prescription drug prices, child care and access to health care, the issues the social safety net would address.

Comment

• Let's hurry up and get the F out of Afghanistan.

Baby handed to U.S. soldiers in chaos of Afghanistan airlift still missing

By Reuters
                                                                          NEW YORK — It was a split second decision. Mirza Ali Ahmadi and his wife Suraya found themselves and their five children on Aug. 19 in a chaotic crowd outside the gates of the Kabul airport in Afghanistan when a U.S. soldier, from over the tall fence, asked if they needed help.

Fearing their two-month old baby Sohail would get crushed in the melee, they handed him to the soldier, thinking they would soon get to the entrance, which was only about 16 feet away.

But at that moment, Mirza Ali said, the Taliban — which had swiftly taken over the country as U.S. troops withdrew — began pushing back hundreds of hopeful evacuees. It took the rest of the family more than a half hour to get to the other side of the airport fence.

Once they were inside, Sohail was nowhere to be found.

Mirza Ali, who said he worked as a security guard at the U.S embassy for 10 years, began desperately asking every official he encountered about his baby's whereabouts. He said a military commander told him the airport was too dangerous for a baby and that he might have been taken to a special area for children. But when they got there it was empty.

"He walked with me all around the airport to search everywhere," Mirza Ali said in an interview through a translator. He said he never got the commander's name, as he didn't speak English and was relying on Afghan colleagues from the embassy to help communicate. Three days went by.

"I spoke to maybe more than 20 people," he said. "Every officer — military or civilian — I came across I was asking about my baby."

He said one of the civilian officials he spoke to told him Sohail might have been evacuated by himself. "They said 'we don't have resources to keep the baby here.'"

Mirza Ali, 35, Suraya, 32, and their other children, 17, 9, 6 and 3 years old, were put on an evacuation flight to Qatar and then to Germany and eventually landed in the United States. The family is now at Fort Bliss in Texas with other Afghan refugees waiting to be resettled somewhere in the United States. They have no relatives here.

Mirza Ali said he saw other families handing their babies over the Kabul airport fence to soldiers at the same time. One video clip of a small baby in a diaper being hoisted by her arm over razor wire went viral on social media. She was later reunited with her parents.

Ever since his baby went missing dates are a blur, Mirza Ali said. Every person he comes across — aid workers, U.S. officials — he tells them about Sohail. "Everyone promises they will do their best, but they are just promises," he said.

An Afghan refugee support group created a "Missing Baby" sign with Sohail's picture on it and are circulating it among their networks in the hopes that someone will recognize him.

A U.S. government official familiar with the situation said the case had been flagged for all the agencies involved, including the U.S. bases and overseas locations. The child was last seen being handed to a U.S. soldier during the chaos at the Kabul airport but "unfortunately no one can find the child," the official said.

A Department of Defense spokesperson and a spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, which is overseeing resettlement efforts, referred queries on the matter to the State Department, since the separation took place overseas.

A State Department spokesperson said the government is working with international partners and the international community "to explore every avenue to locate the child, which includes an international amber alert that was issued through the International Center for Missing and Exploited Children."

Suraya, who also spoke through a translator, said she cries most of the time and that her other children are distraught.

"All I am doing is thinking about my child," Suraya said. "Everyone that is calling me, my mother, my father, my sister, they all comfort me and say 'don't worry, God is kind, your son will be found.'"

Comment

Of the 7 issues I raised, you attempted to address one aside from the stock market and even that had no substance. Telling me I have no idea what I'm talking about and that I lack discipline, whatever the hell that means, are not arguments to the points I raised. For the 55th time this year, you've shown us all that you cannot debate these issues with any substance.

My book recommendation for you would be "Capitalism and Freedom" by Milton Friedman.
                                                                            Sustain, then your quote about "Record Breaking Inflation'"

When you talk like an adult, you will be treated like an adult.

Further, I DOUBLE DOWN on my statement on the stock maket

In the short term the stock market is a weathervane, an emotional measure of sentiment.
                                                                            In the long term it is a weighing mechanism.

You statement that the "stock market is entirely speculative" is not accurate. Full Stop.

Your grievance du jour does not trigger any moral obligation in me to respond.

I am not the apostle to the butthurt.

Comment

Sustain, then your quote about "Record Breaking Inflation'"

When you talk like an adult, you will be treated like an adult.

Further, I DOUBLE DOWN on my statement on the stock maket

In the short term the stock market is a weathervane, an emotional measure of sentiment.
                                                                              In the long term it is a weighing mechanism.

You statement that the "stock market is entirely speculative" is not accurate. Full Stop.

Your grievance du jour does not trigger any moral obligation in me to respond.

I am not the apostle to the butthurt.
                                                                              So you've got nothing. We all knew that.

Comment

• The actual communist appointed by Joe Biden to serve as comptroller of currency is in jeopardy due to the only 2 sane Senators left on the blue team.

The big picture: Omarova is meeting stiff opposition from Republicans and the banking industry for political comments critical of the finance industry.
                                                                                • She once called it “a quintessential asshole industry.”
                                                                                • She's also taking heat for her academic writings, in which she's suggested a smaller role for big banks and a larger one for the Federal Reserve.

Born in Kazakhstan when it was still part of the Soviet Union, Omarova studied at Moscow State University before moving to the U.S. in 1991 and becoming an American citizen.
                                                                                • If confirmed, she'd be the first woman to lead the OCC.

Driving the news: Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), chair of the Senate Banking Committee, pleaded with his fellow Democrats during their caucus meeting last week to hear out Omarova.
                                                                                • “We're going to confirm her,” he told Axios. “It's going be close.”
                                                                                • “Republicans have already decided that character assassination is the bes
                                                                                https://www.axios.com/biden-comptrol...212a48423.html

Comment

• Biden's economy is failing even Dems can't deny it.

Comment

Biden's economy is failing even Dems can't deny it.
                                                                                    Uhh, we were told inflation is nothing to worry about, sir.

Comment

• That's because you're not giving Joe enough time to fix things. He's had his plate full making a mess in Afghanistan, screwing over the French in an arms deal, failing to unite the Dems on the infrastructure deal nobody wanted and dealing with all of you subverting his COVID plan. Not to mention people ignoring him and still flooding the borders,

Comment

• Yikes - I'm sure our National Security Advisor was implicated in the Steele Dossier implosion will be all over this.

So inspirational---
                                                                                        Last edited by drayer54; 11-11-2021, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Joe knew the minute he said "negro" that it was wrong.

Comment

• Twitter blue checkmarks were trying to cover it up, this was just one. Newsweek got it right actually!

Comment

• Hes not a negro...hes a great negro!

It's harmless. Dude is old and sucks at his job... but This is small potatoes
                                                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                                Twitter blue checkmarks were trying to cover it up, this was just one. Newsweek got it right actually!

What a fraud worthless piece of shit Joe Biden is.
                                                                                                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

Well, I think the biggest crock is section 62. "Ordinary and necessary business expenses" HAH! a subsidy to restaurants and hoteliers.......

Let free enterprise be free enterprise. Repeal 62, adjust the rate. Winners will win, losers will lose Simpler, shorter

Wall Street pisses and moans all the time over "colossal errors." And they have their bought and paid for bobo in Chuck Schumer, who thought he had bamboozled them with the LOVELY story about the Bailey family right before he INSISTED that carried interest LOOPHOLES for RICH WALLSTREETERS were preserved.

Your techniques are intriguiing. And hysterical. just spitballin, you would just add a form to the 1040 listing your stock holdings, date purchased. Computer could do the rest. Yawn

Sure unrealized losses would net against unrealized losses. But if you AID AND ABET in fraudulent $1 transactions, then you are as criminal as the clowns that looked the other way on the Enron FRaud or the Madoff fraud.

Just one epistemological note

Your note on Yellen, to summarize
                                                                                                  I didn't read it
                                                                                                  but it's 110% dumb

is consistent with a grand tradition:, perfected by Owen Wilson as Hansel in the Zoolander movie

To wit:
                                                                                                  "Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that"

Let me paraphrase
                                                                                                  "Yellen, Yellen would be another person who's 110% dumb (if the subject line is right, and when by George Orwell, have subject lines ever been wrong?" I don't really know what she said, but the fact that she's saying it, I disrespect that 110%"

To the younguns on the board, never, EVER trust or hire an accountant who uses the phrase 110%
                                                                                                  Do the math.

Comment

Hes not a negro...hes a great negro!

It's harmless. Dude is old and sucks at his job... but This is small potatoes
                                                                                                    It is small potatoes, but the hypocrisy needs to be pointed out. You know if that had been Trump........................

Comment

It is small potatoes, but the hypocrisy needs to be pointed out. You know if that had been Trump........................
                                                                                                      Is it an earth shattering remark? No

However, this President has taken minimal questions from the press and held very few interviews. The ones he does take are softballs and he never takes questions on his failures in Afghanistan.
                                                                                                      So what he does say matters and remarks like this go into his poll scores on competence and confidence. It also reminds us the dude has been around long enough to where they prob did casually say negro in the Capitol.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X