Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden Presidency

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • True or False

    And for this morning, please discuss the truth vel non of the statement, not the author or the messenger

    "“It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise.”

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

      Yeah I don't anticipate any big changes but this was also a goofy election compared to past ones so I guess it's possible.

      There isn't anything the Feds are going to be able to do on the virus stuff beyond vaccines. People are going to need to accept that and move on.

      God willing, Perdue and Loeffler win in GA and the Senate can kneecap Uncle Joe until he retires/dies.
      I'm mildly flummoxed.

      Can you explain the context of "God willing" in the quoted post.

      Do you have a hotline or some inside information on this?

      Did God communicate a position on this?
      And this kneecapping stuff, is something I find fascinating.

      Are you a tough guy

      or just an "internet studio gangster."

      I await your thoughtful response.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
        Biden broke his foot yanking his dogs tail as he got out of the shower. We knew he was a pedo but bestiality too? What is the age of consent for dogs? Was his dog over 2.57 years old? Inquiring minds want to know! We need a blue ribbon bipartisan panel to get to the bottom of this! Pretty sure the dog peed on him too - Russians have the video.

        No italics b/c this is the rhetoric Trump would have to deal.
        One man's joke becomes a serious accusation in other hands, or, I guess, mouths more accurately.

        A workman told me and he was CONVINCED and SINCERE in his belief, that Joe and Jill Biden were part of a ring of child molesters. He was not kidding.

        Oh well, Amendment #1, blah blah

        Comment


        • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

          It is 100% impossible for people like me and people like this to be happy in the same system. Why are we forcing this?
          Help me out here snowflake.

          Why would I give a flying jump at a rolling donut about


          YOUR HAPPINESS.

          What is owed you, SNOWFLAKE?

          But i like to listen, especially to "new ideas."

          Should I be concerned about your happiness because

          :You're special, awesome and amazing
          or because of the Gospels of Jesus Christ
          or because of the American constitution?

          I am here to learn!!

          And wow, if you base your "happiness:" on a system, well, wow, I mean damn.....

          Comment


          • Today, antifa adherents focus on countering right wing extremists both online and on the ground. Antifa’s presence at protests is intended to intimidate and deter racists, but the use of violent measures by some militant antifa adherents against their adversaries can create a vicious, self-defeating cycle of attacks, counterattacks and blame. Antifa violence is problematic, in part because acts of violence serve to normalize violence more broadly, and can spark a dangerous cycle of retaliation with white supremacists and other right-wing extremists. Violence can also undermine and even delegitimize efforts of peaceful antifascist protesters.

            The label “antifa” is often misapplied to include all counter-protesters. Violence perpetrated by anarchists or other unrelated actors is often misattributed to antifa supporters, which makes it especially critical that the public, reporters and law enforcement understand how antifa and the militant element of the movement fit within the larger counter-protest efforts. Doing so allows law enforcement to focus their resources on the small minority of actors who engage in violence without curtailing the civil rights of individuals who want their voices to be heard.

            While violence can – and does – occur in conflicts between antifa actors and right-wing extremists, it is important to reject attempts to claim equivalence between antifa and the white supremacist and other right-wing extremist groups they oppose. Antifa adherents reject racism, and only a small, militant element use violent tactics to express this opposition. White supremacists and other right-wing extremists, on the other hand, use even more extreme violence to spread their ideologies of hate, to intimidate marginalized communities, and to undermine democratic norms. Right-wing extremists have been one of the largest and most consistent sources of domestic terror incidents in the United States for many years; they have murdered hundreds of people in this country over the last ten years alone. To date, there has been only one suspected antifa-related murder, which took place on August 29, 2020, in Portland, Oregon.

            Antifa: Scope and Tactics

            Given that the antifa movement is leaderless and so decentralized, it is extremely difficult to pinpoint any governing plan.

            Today’s antifa adherents argue that they are the on-the-ground defense against individuals they believe are promoting fascism in the United States. Broadly speaking, antifa adherents tend to protest far-right events and their presence at these events is intended to intimidate and deter racists. There is evidence of violent clashing between antifa adherents who come out to counter-protest right-wing extremist events and right-wing extremists themselves. In these cases, it is often unclear which side starts the violence, but both can and do participate. Violent clashes between Proud Boys and antifa adherents on June 18, 2021, at Clackamette Park in Oregon are a clear recent example of this.

            However, some actors who claim an affiliation with antifa have also targeted law enforcement – and by extension police precincts – because some antifa adherents perceive law enforcement as providing cover for far-right movements.

            Businesses have also been targeted with vandalism, which in some cases may be an expression of some adherents’ anti-capitalist views. In addition, antifa adherents will sometimes focus on symbolic targets, by, for example, vandalizing an ICE office while protesting the mistreatment of children in ICE detention facilities. Both are examples of how the ideology of the antifa movement is blended, especially as the movement has gained more popularity.

            Militant antifa adherents often use black bloc tactics, with participants wearing all black clothing and operating as a unified force; people with riot shields stay at the front while behind them, others move “like water.” Antifa social media channels often prohibit filming or streaming at events, presumably to protect the identity of participants, particularly of those engaging in criminal activity.

            While some more militant antifa adherents fight with their fists, others have thrown projectiles or launched sling shots. Antifa adherents have also used noxious gases, and at various times they have pushed through police barricades and attempted to exploit any perceived weakness in law enforcement presence.

            Away from rallies, they also engage in tactics that involve exposing their adversaries’ identities, addresses, jobs and other private information. This can lead to their targets being harassed or losing their jobs, among other consequences. Members of the alt right and other right-wing extremists have responded with their own doxing-related campaigns, and by perpetuating hateful and violent narratives using fake “antifa” social media accounts.

            Because there is no unifying body for antifa, it is impossible to know how many adherents are currently active. Different localities have different antifa populations, but antifa adherents are also sometimes willing to travel hundreds of miles to oppose a white supremacist event.

            Disinformation

            Persistent disinformation campaigns have dramatically affected the public perception of antifa.

            In the summer of 2020, disinformation was widely shared on social media which alleged that antifa was trying to use Black Lives Matter protests as cover to act violently, that they were planning violent attacks on white suburbs, and that they were working with Muslim groups to impose Shariah law (in three respective disinformation campaigns).

            There was also a fake antifa manual that was widely circulated, conspiracies connecting George Soros to BLM protests and antifa, and disinformation that antifa hosted a 4th of July “flag burning event.”

            This tendency was amplified in the wake of the January 6th Capitol insurrection, as almost immediately false claims surfaced that antifa was the first to storm the Capitol – not pro-Trump extremists. These allegations were spread even by mainstream right-wing media personalities who falsely claimed that there were reports of busloads of antifa infiltrating the ranks of the pro-Trump crowd and that it was antifa that was the first to break the police barrier.

            The reality of the situation was that pro-Trump extremists and other right-wing extremists stormed the Capitol on January 6th. Additionally, there is evidence that the Proud Boys, one of the right-wing extremist groups present that day, disguised themselves as “antifa” to avoid detection.

            In July 2021, it was revealed that disinformation was put forth regarding claims that anti-fascists or BLM started wildfires in Oregon, sparking a wide variety of rumors that “leftists” were starting wildfires. A family was allegedly attacked while camping in Washington by those who were influenced by these rumors and thought their camper may be an “antifa transport vehicle.”

            There is no evidence to support any of these allegations, and all these false claims do is deflect blame for the insurrection and build antifa into a threat that is not reflected in reality.

            I regret having to bring facts into a hysterical, emotional silly debate

            But here is the source:

            https://www.adl.org/antifa

            .


            .
            . Khorasan Province).
            REPORTSThe Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) and R

            "he who writes for fools is guaranteed a large audience"

            If you're in the game for 20 minutes and you don't know who the chump is, then YOU are the chump.".

            Comment


            • Lol. Dude is really going to die on the hill of "Antifa is anti-facist! It's in the name!"
              Based Mullet Kid owns

              Comment


              • Makes fun of people for buying into two party politics, completely shills for one side online. Fucking lol

                Comment


                • When I was a kid growing up in a small town, there was an older guy who was known as Preacher Garrison around town. He lived in a rundown boarding house and every Saturday he'd walk downtown and stand on various street corners "preaching" about whatever subject or sin or crazy idea popped into his head that moment. Totally harmless dude, but he'd work himself into a lather about this or that, and he was full of off-the-wall conspiracy theories, crazy nonsensical connections, nonexistent facts, and a charming ability to make anything fit his perceived view of a "deeper truth" as he called it. Basically, he was a funny but harmless wackjob who loved the sound of his own voice and thought he was enlightening everyone and saving us. Every community seems to have such a guy.
                  Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                    When I was a kid growing up in a small town, there was an older guy who was known as Preacher Garrison around town. He lived in a rundown boarding house and every Saturday he'd walk downtown and stand on various street corners "preaching" about whatever subject or sin or crazy idea popped into his head that moment. Totally harmless dude, but he'd work himself into a lather about this or that, and he was full of off-the-wall conspiracy theories, crazy nonsensical connections, nonexistent facts, and a charming ability to make anything fit his perceived view of a "deeper truth" as he called it. Basically, he was a funny but harmless wackjob who loved the sound of his own voice and thought he was enlightening everyone and saving us. Every community seems to have such a guy.
                    But did people choose to engage him in conversation trying to change his mind or try to point out errors in his expressed thoughts?

                    No, they ignored him. I suggest we do the same.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

                      Try using the English language, even if it is not your first choice
                      Bro, I'd go easy on this one. RDU Irish has no problem with English. I've had to hire a part time interpreter for some of your posts.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                        When I was a kid growing up in a small town, there was an older guy who was known as Preacher Garrison around town. He lived in a rundown boarding house and every Saturday he'd walk downtown and stand on various street corners "preaching" about whatever subject or sin or crazy idea popped into his head that moment. Totally harmless dude, but he'd work himself into a lather about this or that, and he was full of off-the-wall conspiracy theories, crazy nonsensical connections, nonexistent facts, and a charming ability to make anything fit his perceived view of a "deeper truth" as he called it. Basically, he was a funny but harmless wackjob who loved the sound of his own voice and thought he was enlightening everyone and saving us. Every community seems to have such a guy.
                        Our guy was called the Mountain Man of Ashland, you can still see videos people put up of him on Youtube. Older gentleman usually in overalls with a big, long beard. He'd play guitar outside of Wal-Mart for Salvation Army during the holidays until Wal-Mart decided they didn't want him out there anymore because he preached Christian values. Dude was talented for an old mountain man too, used to give performances getting out of straight jackets and do magic and stuff. Crazy old coot, but super nice and friendly.



                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post
                          Today, antifa adherents focus on countering right wing extremists both online and on the ground. Antifa’s presence at protests is intended to intimidate and deter racists, but the use of violent measures by some militant antifa adherents against their adversaries can create a vicious, self-defeating cycle of attacks, counterattacks and blame. Antifa violence is problematic, in part because acts of violence serve to normalize violence more broadly, and can spark a dangerous cycle of retaliation with white supremacists and other right-wing extremists. Violence can also undermine and even delegitimize efforts of peaceful antifascist protesters.

                          The label “antifa” is often misapplied to include all counter-protesters. Violence perpetrated by anarchists or other unrelated actors is often misattributed to antifa supporters, which makes it especially critical that the public, reporters and law enforcement understand how antifa and the militant element of the movement fit within the larger counter-protest efforts. Doing so allows law enforcement to focus their resources on the small minority of actors who engage in violence without curtailing the civil rights of individuals who want their voices to be heard.

                          While violence can – and does – occur in conflicts between antifa actors and right-wing extremists, it is important to reject attempts to claim equivalence between antifa and the white supremacist and other right-wing extremist groups they oppose. Antifa adherents reject racism, and only a small, militant element use violent tactics to express this opposition. White supremacists and other right-wing extremists, on the other hand, use even more extreme violence to spread their ideologies of hate, to intimidate marginalized communities, and to undermine democratic norms. Right-wing extremists have been one of the largest and most consistent sources of domestic terror incidents in the United States for many years; they have murdered hundreds of people in this country over the last ten years alone. To date, there has been only one suspected antifa-related murder, which took place on August 29, 2020, in Portland, Oregon.

                          Antifa: Scope and Tactics

                          Given that the antifa movement is leaderless and so decentralized, it is extremely difficult to pinpoint any governing plan.

                          Today’s antifa adherents argue that they are the on-the-ground defense against individuals they believe are promoting fascism in the United States. Broadly speaking, antifa adherents tend to protest far-right events and their presence at these events is intended to intimidate and deter racists. There is evidence of violent clashing between antifa adherents who come out to counter-protest right-wing extremist events and right-wing extremists themselves. In these cases, it is often unclear which side starts the violence, but both can and do participate. Violent clashes between Proud Boys and antifa adherents on June 18, 2021, at Clackamette Park in Oregon are a clear recent example of this.

                          However, some actors who claim an affiliation with antifa have also targeted law enforcement – and by extension police precincts – because some antifa adherents perceive law enforcement as providing cover for far-right movements.

                          Businesses have also been targeted with vandalism, which in some cases may be an expression of some adherents’ anti-capitalist views. In addition, antifa adherents will sometimes focus on symbolic targets, by, for example, vandalizing an ICE office while protesting the mistreatment of children in ICE detention facilities. Both are examples of how the ideology of the antifa movement is blended, especially as the movement has gained more popularity.

                          Militant antifa adherents often use black bloc tactics, with participants wearing all black clothing and operating as a unified force; people with riot shields stay at the front while behind them, others move “like water.” Antifa social media channels often prohibit filming or streaming at events, presumably to protect the identity of participants, particularly of those engaging in criminal activity.

                          While some more militant antifa adherents fight with their fists, others have thrown projectiles or launched sling shots. Antifa adherents have also used noxious gases, and at various times they have pushed through police barricades and attempted to exploit any perceived weakness in law enforcement presence.

                          Away from rallies, they also engage in tactics that involve exposing their adversaries’ identities, addresses, jobs and other private information. This can lead to their targets being harassed or losing their jobs, among other consequences. Members of the alt right and other right-wing extremists have responded with their own doxing-related campaigns, and by perpetuating hateful and violent narratives using fake “antifa” social media accounts.

                          Because there is no unifying body for antifa, it is impossible to know how many adherents are currently active. Different localities have different antifa populations, but antifa adherents are also sometimes willing to travel hundreds of miles to oppose a white supremacist event.

                          Disinformation

                          Persistent disinformation campaigns have dramatically affected the public perception of antifa.

                          In the summer of 2020, disinformation was widely shared on social media which alleged that antifa was trying to use Black Lives Matter protests as cover to act violently, that they were planning violent attacks on white suburbs, and that they were working with Muslim groups to impose Shariah law (in three respective disinformation campaigns).

                          There was also a fake antifa manual that was widely circulated, conspiracies connecting George Soros to BLM protests and antifa, and disinformation that antifa hosted a 4th of July “flag burning event.”

                          This tendency was amplified in the wake of the January 6th Capitol insurrection, as almost immediately false claims surfaced that antifa was the first to storm the Capitol – not pro-Trump extremists. These allegations were spread even by mainstream right-wing media personalities who falsely claimed that there were reports of busloads of antifa infiltrating the ranks of the pro-Trump crowd and that it was antifa that was the first to break the police barrier.

                          The reality of the situation was that pro-Trump extremists and other right-wing extremists stormed the Capitol on January 6th. Additionally, there is evidence that the Proud Boys, one of the right-wing extremist groups present that day, disguised themselves as “antifa” to avoid detection.

                          In July 2021, it was revealed that disinformation was put forth regarding claims that anti-fascists or BLM started wildfires in Oregon, sparking a wide variety of rumors that “leftists” were starting wildfires. A family was allegedly attacked while camping in Washington by those who were influenced by these rumors and thought their camper may be an “antifa transport vehicle.”

                          There is no evidence to support any of these allegations, and all these false claims do is deflect blame for the insurrection and build antifa into a threat that is not reflected in reality.

                          I regret having to bring facts into a hysterical, emotional silly debate

                          But here is the source:

                          https://www.adl.org/antifa

                          .


                          .
                          . Khorasan Province).
                          REPORTSThe Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) and R

                          "he who writes for fools is guaranteed a large audience"

                          If you're in the game for 20 minutes and you don't know who the chump is, then YOU are the chump.".
                          After all this, you still haven't been able to defend why the FBI is ramping up efforts to remove people from school board meetings, but sat with hands under their asses when Antifa and BLM were torching American cities.
                          The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post

                            It will take you 2 minutes of Youtube searches to see Antifa thugs beating people up in the streets. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's not made up. It's widely known. And it's there for you to find, if you choose to take off the blinders.
                            Okay, take this bit of spiritual advice from someone who advises our family

                            ".You can't discuss the ocean with a frog who lives in a well, the frog is restrained and limited by the well into which he has sund

                            No youtube, no twitter, not inst.agram, no facebook, no snapchat, .

                            Life is active, not derivative. Intellectually, you're either a perp or a victim.

                            All who watch MSNBC?
                            Just frogs in a well, and it is a waste of time to talk to them about the ocean

                            All who watch Fox?
                            Just frogs in a well, and it as waste of time to talk to them about the ocean

                            All who watch i24
                            Just kosher frogs in a well, and it is a waste of time to talk to them about the ocean...

                            All who watch Cnn?
                            Just frogs in a well, and it is and always will be a waste of time to talk to them about the ocean....

                            My guilty ple.asure is to look at Infowars, lest I forget what batshit crazy looks life. As a follower of Christ I try to AVOID taking delight in the stupidity of others.

                            We each have a mind and eyes and the ability to pay attention and have discriminating intelligence.

                            I recommend it......

                            Oh and on the above frog analogy? If you're not near water, and landlocked, just substitute sheep.

                            Or sheeple. It will tell you the same truth.....



                            And did the ADL (check their pedigree) provide you enough info about Antifa?....

                            .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

                              Okay, take this bit of spiritual advice from someone who advises our family

                              ".You can't discuss the ocean with a frog who lives in a well, the frog is restrained and limited by the well into which he has sund

                              No youtube, no twitter, not inst.agram, no facebook, no snapchat, .

                              Life is active, not derivative. Intellectually, you're either a perp or a victim.

                              All who watch MSNBC?
                              Just frogs in a well, and it is a waste of time to talk to them about the ocean

                              All who watch Fox?
                              Just frogs in a well, and it as waste of time to talk to them about the ocean

                              All who watch i24
                              Just kosher frogs in a well, and it is a waste of time to talk to them about the ocean...

                              All who watch Cnn?
                              Just frogs in a well, and it is and always will be a waste of time to talk to them about the ocean....

                              My guilty ple.asure is to look at Infowars, lest I forget what batshit crazy looks life. As a follower of Christ I try to AVOID taking delight in the stupidity of others.

                              We each have a mind and eyes and the ability to pay attention and have discriminating intelligence.

                              I recommend it......

                              Oh and on the above frog analogy? If you're not near water, and landlocked, just substitute sheep.

                              Or sheeple. It will tell you the same truth.....



                              And did the ADL (check their pedigree) provide you enough info about Antifa?....

                              .
                              If there were an award for using a lot of words and saying nothing, you get the biggest trophy.

                              I don't want to be accused of elder abuse here, but do you remember why Antifa and BLM activities were brought up several days ago? Because some of us couldn't understand why the DOJ would direct the FBI's efforts towards angry parents at school board meetings.

                              I'll ask again, and you either don't get it or you choose to ignore the insanity: why would FBI agents show up at school board meetings and not riots in the US where anarchists are burning down cities and perpetrating real violence?

                              The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

                              Comment


                              • Someone make it stop. This is beyond maddening. I've cracked a few jokes here and there and encouraged others to not engage. Why you (or anyone) continues to pursue engagement with him is beyond me. Are you seriously wanting to torture other posters?

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

                                  One more time, because you wimped out the first time

                                  When the Revolutionaries in America threw George's Tea in Boston Harbor

                                  was that "liberal" or "conservative?"
                                  Nice try, but I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

                                    Help me out here snowflake.

                                    Why would I give a flying jump at a rolling donut about


                                    YOUR HAPPINESS.

                                    Wait, aren't you the guy that's been extolling the virtues of everyone loving and caring for each other?

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                      Someone make it stop. This is beyond maddening. I've cracked a few jokes here and there and encouraged others to not engage. Why you (or anyone) continues to pursue engagement with him is beyond me. Are you seriously wanting to torture other posters?
                                      I actually find it amusing and entertaining. He's like that person that doesn't get along with his neighbor. When they've complained to every other neighbor on the block, everyone knows it's not his neighbor that's the problem.
                                      Last edited by Irish#1; 10-12-2021, 09:28 AM.

                                      Comment


                                      • Backlash form that last stimulus check?

                                        The number of job openings in August took a breather from the record highs it had been notching in recent months, but a record 4.3 million workers walked off the job, according to the federal Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary.

                                        But with more than 10 million unfilled job openings, it is clear that more workers are seeking greener pastures. The rate of people quitting their jobs reached a record 2.9 percent, leading with increases among people leaving hotel, dining and wholesale trade jobs.

                                        "Given the fact that we have lower employment levels overall, it's kind of incredible to see thousands of people quitting," said Julia Pollak, the chief economist at ZipRecruiter.

                                        She suggested that a continued desire to avoid jobs with a lot of in-person contact could be driving some of the migration. "It's interesting to see how widespread these record quits are. What may be part of what's going on here is people are leaving these on-site sectors for more remote-friendly sectors," she said.

                                        Job openings fell the most in two industries: health care and social assistance, and accommodation and food services — sectors seismically affected by the long duration of the pandemic.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

                                          One man's joke becomes a serious accusation in other hands, or, I guess, mouths more accurately.

                                          A workman told me and he was CONVINCED and SINCERE in his belief, that Joe and Jill Biden were part of a ring of child molesters. He was not kidding.

                                          Oh well, Amendment #1, blah blah
                                          So that's one vote for "Epstein killed himself"

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                            Backlash form that last stimulus check?

                                            I can't wrap my arms around what is going on in the labor market but it smells bad. Stock up on essentials and be prepared folks.

                                            Comment


                                            • I just got a $1.30 an hour raise for basically not quitting and showing up for work. I've had managers from other companies come in and try to recruit me and some of my co-workers while on the job.

                                              Nobody wants to work. Everyone wants a check or wants to work from home now. I went to a chili's to watch the game against Cincinnati and it took them 20 minutes to take my order. There were two people working the entire dining room, hosting and bar. Be thankful for those who show up to work.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
                                                I just got a $1.30 an hour raise for basically not quitting and showing up for work. I've had managers from other companies come in and try to recruit me and some of my co-workers while on the job.

                                                Nobody wants to work. Everyone wants a check or wants to work from home now. I went to a chili's to watch the game against Cincinnati and it took them 20 minutes to take my order. There were two people working the entire dining room, hosting and bar. Be thankful for those who show up to work.
                                                My wife just got her annual raise, as a nurse practitioner she got about 2%. Meanwhile they are bringing in travel RNs at double her hourly rate. She doesn't participate in the bonuses as a supplemental employee even though she has been working close to full time for most of this year. Why not quit and get a lower level RN travel job?

                                                Just weird disturbances in the force.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post

                                                  I can't wrap my arms around what is going on in the labor market but it smells bad. Stock up on essentials and be prepared folks.
                                                  I spent 8 years in transportation and logistics. I'm no expert, but as soon as Covid hit I told all my family and friends...don't panic until transportation/ supply chain gets effed up.

                                                  It's not time for panic mode, but it's worth keeping a close eye.
                                                  The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post

                                                    I spent 8 years in transportation and logistics. I'm no expert, but as soon as Covid hit I told all my family and friends...don't panic until transportation/ supply chain gets effed up.

                                                    It's not time for panic mode, but it's worth keeping a close eye.
                                                    Saw an article Biden is trying to convince UPS, FedEx and others to work 24/7 to get some relief. Hard to do when people don't want to work.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Add another woe to Joe's troubles.

                                                      Heather Mc Donald from the Manhattan Institute.

                                                      There’s no government agency more dedicated to the proposition that black lives matter than the police. And what we’ve seen in the time since the George Floyd race riots, the police have backed off, the result was utterly predictable: The largest one-year increase in homicide in this nation’s history, 30%. We have to stop demonizing, Joe Biden has to stop putting out this lie that the biggest thing that black parents have to fear when their children walk out the door is the police.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post

                                                        My wife just got her annual raise, as a nurse practitioner she got about 2%. Meanwhile they are bringing in travel RNs at double her hourly rate. She doesn't participate in the bonuses as a supplemental employee even though she has been working close to full time for most of this year. Why not quit and get a lower level RN travel job?

                                                        Just weird disturbances in the force.
                                                        Hopefully she'll be rewarded eventually.

                                                        Lowes is starting out at 16 an hour now. I told my daughter in college to jump on that on the weekends.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                                          Saw an article Biden is trying to convince UPS, FedEx and others to work 24/7 to get some relief. Hard to do when people don't want to work.
                                                          If/ when the truck drivers refuse to comply or just give the two middle fingers, look out. Things are gonna get ugly quick.
                                                          The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post

                                                            Hopefully she'll be rewarded eventually.

                                                            Lowes is starting out at 16 an hour now. I told my daughter in college to jump on that on the weekends.
                                                            I see signs all around Indy showing $15-$20 an hour. I haven't read the fine print, but some of those probably promise that pay after so many days on board.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post

                                                              My wife just got her annual raise, as a nurse practitioner she got about 2%. Meanwhile they are bringing in travel RNs at double her hourly rate. She doesn't participate in the bonuses as a supplemental employee even though she has been working close to full time for most of this year. Why not quit and get a lower level RN travel job?

                                                              Just weird disturbances in the force.
                                                              My wife's hospital is paying $10k sign on bonuses to nurses for a two year commitment and $2500 referral bonus to any current employees who refer someone they hire. They are paying an additional $500 bonus each shift the nurses work outside of their regular schedule.

                                                              My wife entertained the notion of quitting and just taking some travel assignments but decided to stay for insurance, stability, logistics, and I have three kids under the age of 5. Once they get a little older she may make the change.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post

                                                                My wife's hospital is paying $10k sign on bonuses to nurses for a two year commitment and $2500 referral bonus to any current employees who refer someone they hire. They are paying an additional $500 bonus each shift the nurses work outside of their regular schedule.

                                                                My wife entertained the notion of quitting and just taking some travel assignments but decided to stay for insurance, stability, logistics, and I have three kids under the age of 5. Once they get a little older she may make the change.
                                                                If you ever want to know why you feel tired, I have the answer.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post

                                                                  If/ when the truck drivers refuse to comply or just give the two middle fingers, look out. Things are gonna get ugly quick.
                                                                  Colleague's husband bought a semi last year to go owner operator. Apparently some regulations were relaxed last year allowing paper logs instead of GPS apps - let's just say it has helped his bottom line.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post

                                                                    My wife's hospital is paying $10k sign on bonuses to nurses for a two year commitment and $2500 referral bonus to any current employees who refer someone they hire. They are paying an additional $500 bonus each shift the nurses work outside of their regular schedule.

                                                                    My wife entertained the notion of quitting and just taking some travel assignments but decided to stay for insurance, stability, logistics, and I have three kids under the age of 5. Once they get a little older she may make the change.
                                                                    I see why wild Bill isn't super active on IE lol. The second to last sentence speaks volumes. God be with you, King.
                                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

                                                                      I see why wild Bill isn't super active on IE lol. The second to last sentence speaks volumes. God be with you, King.
                                                                      Mrs. Wild Bill keeps hassling me to have another. I'm too old for this.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Bare shelves, soaring energy prices, and labor shortages are actually a good thing.

                                                                        Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                                                                          Bare shelves, soaring energy prices, and labor shortages are actually a good thing.

                                                                          And in a related story, the Nazis said, "Arbeit macht frei!" Both are ridiculously dishonest bits of intentional bullshit.
                                                                          Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                                                                            Bare shelves, soaring energy prices, and labor shortages are actually a good thing.

                                                                            I'm so glad the adults are back in the WH and the bad orange man can't Tweet anymore. What an impressive 9 months!

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post

                                                                              Mrs. Wild Bill keeps hassling me to have another. I'm too old for this.
                                                                              We had five. Pull your weight slacker.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

                                                                                And in a related story, the Nazis said, "Arbeit macht frei!" Both are ridiculously dishonest bits of intentional bullshit.
                                                                                Sounds like Pete has been taking BS lessons from Paski. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • The grown ups are in charge.

                                                                                  Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • She knows she can literally say anything she wants without anyone challenging her (except for one person)

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • I'd like to know what her definition of middle of the night is. It's probably found under infrastructure.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                                                                                        The grown ups are in charge.

                                                                                        If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit! Right on queue. lol

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                          I'd like to know what her definition of middle of the night is. It's probably found under infrastructure.
                                                                                          Nighttime is infrastructure.
                                                                                          Based Mullet Kid owns

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • If you remove USC's title, a BLUE state hasn't won a CFB title in the last 23 years.

                                                                                            Everything modern-democrat is rotten and soft.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post
                                                                                              If you remove USC's title, a BLUE state hasn't won a CFB title in the last 23 years.

                                                                                              Everything modern-democrat is rotten and soft.
                                                                                              Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Comment


                                                                                                • Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                                                                  The family conflict of interest from Panorama was more intriguing to me. He has an unethical conflict of interest.
                                                                                                  Meanwhile, Biden's numbers are still in the tank and Kamala has to hire child actors to create some kind of positive scene.

                                                                                                  Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Probably a good thing Garland didn't make it to the Supreme Court.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Remember when school board meeting were local and topics discussed was approving funds for new wrestling mats or approving the middle school bake sale?

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X