Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden Presidency

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post

    Some might say that is convenient
    You should post that in the conspiracy theory thread. Lol

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

      You should post that in the conspiracy theory thread. Lol
      Lol, good call
      When God does the big things, the little people get drawn in too. Human systems often forget that, but God doesn’t.- N.T. Wright "from "Simply Jesus"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post
        So when Trump was President the MODS wouldn't allow any political threads on the main page of the site. But now that Biden is President no problem. Seems hypocritical does it not?
        Transparency and Unity....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post
          So when Trump was President the MODS wouldn't allow any political threads on the main page of the site. But now that Biden is President no problem. Seems hypocritical does it not?
          Coincidentally-we all had to give up our v bucks to support the greater good at the same time.
          Running the damn ball since 2017.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post
            So when Trump was President the MODS wouldn't allow any political threads on the main page of the site. But now that Biden is President no problem. Seems hypocritical does it not?
            Bobby! Welcome back. Do we want to revisit your posts about Dominion voting, Sydney Powell, or MyPillow guy? If I remember correctly, you were quite sure that this was going to bring down the Biden win.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

              Bobby! Welcome back. Do we want to CIRCLE BACK to your posts about Dominion voting, Sydney Powell, or MyPillow guy? If I remember correctly, you were quite sure that this was going to bring down the Biden win.
              Sorry, I am bored today.

              Comment


              • This Supreme Court Commission is a joke. Tits on a bull as far as I'm concerned. It will be an excuse to do absolutely zero.

                And yay, more money going to the Pentagon, too.

                I laugh when my friends and family in the Fox News brigade scream socialism.
                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

                  Bobby! Welcome back. Do we want to CIRCLE BACK to your posts about Dominion voting, Sydney Powell, or MyPillow guy? If I remember correctly, you were quite sure that this was going to bring down the Biden win.
                  Well Jen, you can't win em' all. . . Didn't bring down Biden, but you'll be hard pressed to convince me that fraud didn't happen. . . The good guys don't always win, so congrats
                  Last edited by bobbyok1; 04-13-2021, 12:03 PM.
                  When God does the big things, the little people get drawn in too. Human systems often forget that, but God doesn’t.- N.T. Wright "from "Simply Jesus"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post

                    Well Jen, you can't win em' all. . . Didn't bring down Biden, but you'll be hard pressed to convince me that fraud didn't happen. . . The good guys don't always win, so congrats
                    Sydney Powell called you too stupid to believe what she said. Yet, you still hold firm to those beliefs. God bless.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                      This Supreme Court Commission is a joke. Tits on a bull as far as I'm concerned. It will be an excuse to do absolutely zero.

                      And yay, more money going to the Pentagon, too.

                      I laugh when my friends and family in the Fox News brigade scream socialism.
                      I suspect it's a bit of lip service. "Hey we looked into it and determined that changing the court system would do more harm than good."
                      Based Mullet Kid owns

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post
                        https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

                        TV CNN is a rung below the top on straight fact and tilts left. Akin to the NY post/Reason melded. Fox TV is Daily Kos level. Like even beyond msnbc which is just special. CNN had a segment this morning about how 60 minutes botched the Desantis interview. Tucker went off on White Replacement the other night.




                        Running the damn ball since 2017.

                        Comment


                        • I love how O'Keefe is demonized but this is exactly what we used to expect from reporters 30 years ago. Boots on the ground, hidden camera, catching crooks in the act in order to hold them accountable.

                          As for "news" - we had 4 years of the Russia hoax that was the gospel truth pounded down our throats on every network but Fox ad nauseum. Who TF is taking any credence in these "sources" that have hung networks out to dry with flat out lies again and again ..... unless they are complicit. Now 60 minutes taking a pounding on the Desantis piece that was an obvious smear. Same folks who accuse O'Keefe of editing his tapes will juice their panties over 60 minutes calling out that satan Desantis.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                            I love how O'Keefe is demonized but this is exactly what we used to expect from reporters 30 years ago. Boots on the ground, hidden camera, catching crooks in the act in order to hold them accountable.

                            As for "news" - we had 4 years of the Russia hoax that was the gospel truth pounded down our throats on every network but Fox ad nauseum. Who TF is taking any credence in these "sources" that have hung networks out to dry with flat out lies again and again ..... unless they are complicit. Now 60 minutes taking a pounding on the Desantis piece that was an obvious smear. Same folks who accuse O'Keefe of editing his tapes will juice their panties over 60 minutes calling out that satan Desantis.


                            Isn't editing tapes pretty much his whole shtick that generally blows up in his face costing him money and community service? Just like Cronkite!

                            Comment


                            • “This is CNN. The most trusted name in news.”

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                “This is CNN. The most trusted name in propaganda .”
                                FIFY


                                Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Armyirish47 View Post



                                  Isn't editing tapes pretty much his whole shtick that generally blows up in his face costing him money and community service? Just like Cronkite!
                                  Hey, if anyone knows terrible journalism it's them!

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

                                    Hey, if anyone knows terrible journalism it's CNN!

                                    Comment


                                    • CNN is hot garbage...but I'm not too keen on using James O'Keefe as my champion to defend that position.
                                      Based Mullet Kid owns

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                        I love how O'Keefe is demonized but this is exactly what we used to expect from reporters 30 years ago. Boots on the ground, hidden camera, catching crooks in the act in order to hold them accountable.

                                        As for "news" - we had 4 years of the Russia hoax that was the gospel truth pounded down our throats on every network but Fox ad nauseum. Who TF is taking any credence in these "sources" that have hung networks out to dry with flat out lies again and again ..... unless they are complicit. Now 60 minutes taking a pounding on the Desantis piece that was an obvious smear. Same folks who accuse O'Keefe of editing his tapes will juice their panties over 60 minutes calling out that satan Desantis.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                          CNN is hot garbage...but I'm not too keen on using James O'Keefe as my champion to defend that position.
                                          It's not even about O’Keefe- it's the CNN clowns who are talking on camera and being exposed. That whole network has zero credibility.
                                          Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post
                                            So when Trump was President the MODS wouldn't allow any political threads on the main page of the site. But now that Biden is President no problem. Seems hypocritical does it not?
                                            ehh this is pretty much still the trump thread - just has a misleading name.
                                            Prehistoric

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

                                              It's not even about O’Keefe- it's the CNN clowns who are talking on camera and being exposed. That whole network has zero credibility.
                                              It is about O’Keefe because he’s been known to doctor videos and take things completely out of context.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post
                                                So when Trump was President the MODS wouldn't allow any political threads on the main page of the site. But now that Biden is President no problem. Seems hypocritical does it not?
                                                Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                                Lol.....has to do with the conversion to the new website and nothing to do with who’s prez.
                                                Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post

                                                Some might say that is convenient
                                                The liberal deep state has infiltrated the Irish Envy moderator group for sure.

                                                FRONT PAGE PROPAGANDA will allow us to carry the water for Biden/Harris, getting them 4+ terms in the White House if we have our way.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by IrishLion View Post





                                                  The liberal deep state has infiltrated the Irish Envy moderator group for sure.

                                                  FRONT PAGE PROPAGANDA will allow us to carry the water for Biden/Harris, getting them 4+ terms in the White House if we have our way.
                                                  Everyone knows the primary purpose of IE is and always will be to influence the football coaches who are clearly looking for advice on this board to address our bitches and complaints.
                                                  Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

                                                    Everyone knows the primary purpose of IE is and always will be to influence the football coaches who are clearly looking for advice on this board to address our bitches and complaints.
                                                    Of course. Anyone with half a brain knows IE posters know a lot more than professional coaches. I’m still waiting on BK to return my call. I have a couple of sure fire plays he needs to incorporate.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                                      Of course. Anyone with half a brain knows IE posters know a lot more than professional coaches. I’m still waiting on BK to return my call. I have a couple of sure fire plays he needs to incorporate.
                                                      People say I have the best traits, bigly traits, and you should be running all of our high 4 star freshman onto the field. If anyone knows traits, it's me.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • If my record on NCAA 10 (Weis final year) means anything, I have a decided schematic advantage over that jelly belly.
                                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post

                                                          Hilarious coincidence as I just saw him on the “White Boy Rick” documentary. He was an investigative reporter in Detroit during that era and interviewed the kid in jail. Like all of us...he’s put on a few pounds

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by mango4 View Post

                                                            It is about O’Keefe because he’s been known to doctor videos and take things completely out of context.
                                                            So this CNN guy was making this stuff up to impress his coffee date? Twitter took the #ExposeCNN off the trending line - but please keep your head completely up your ass to avoid ever giving any credit to people you have been told are bad. Their planned parenhood stuff back in the day was pure gold btw.

                                                            Reciprocity is a bitch. I don't have much sympathy for folks that push patently false information who come back demanding context when they are caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by Irishize View Post

                                                              Hilarious coincidence as I just saw him on the “White Boy Rick” documentary. He was an investigative reporter in Detroit during that era and interviewed the kid in jail. Like all of us...he’s put on a few pounds
                                                              Is that the catch a predator guy? Our local TV held a sting two doors down from our house - so great having police tackle a pedo in the middle of the road in front of our house.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post

                                                                Is that the catch a predator guy? Our local TV held a sting two doors down from our house - so great having police tackle a pedo in the middle of the road in front of our house.
                                                                That's lit af.

                                                                Based Mullet Kid owns

                                                                Comment


                                                                • We're leaving Afghanistan.

                                                                  Again.
                                                                  It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                                    We're leaving Afghanistan.

                                                                    Again.
                                                                    Didn’t Joe criticize DJT for pulling troops? I might be mistaken, but I thought he had.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                                      We're leaving Afghanistan.

                                                                      Again.
                                                                      But after the previously agreed upon deadline. Be interesting to see how the Taliban responds.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                                                        Didn’t Joe criticize DJT for pulling troops? I might be mistaken, but I thought he had.
                                                                        Democrats all thought it was stupid to signal our withdrawal timeline. Good thing we aren't doing that now.
                                                                        Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post

                                                                          Well Jen, you can't win em' all. . . Didn't bring down Biden, but you'll be hard pressed to convince me that fraud didn't happen. . . The good guys don't always win, so congrats
                                                                          Fraud, whether it happened or not, was going to be incredibly difficult to prove unless someone was stupid and didn't clean up their mess afterwards.

                                                                          Say what you want, but it's really hard to believe there was "no election violations" when the group claiming such managed to rig the primary for Hillary the last time around.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

                                                                            Fraud, whether it happened or not, was going to be incredibly difficult to prove unless someone was stupid and didn't clean up their mess afterwards.

                                                                            Say what you want, but it's really hard to believe there was "no election violations" when the group claiming such managed to rig the primary for Hillary the last time around.
                                                                            I'll mention this, again, Sydney Powell said that her lies were too ridiculous for anyone to believe. She admitted it was a crock of shit, in court and not at four seasons landscaping.

                                                                            There is no proof that wide spread fraud occurred. At all. I'm sure there was fraud, but the standard was and has never changed - was it widespread? And the answer has been and will always be no.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • I cant help but notice the aggression with which the Biden Admin is pursuing drastic actions.

                                                                              1. Look at the latest "relief package", which by any real metric was pretty...aggressive and imaginative.
                                                                              2. The "infrastructure" package....is not an infrastructure package.

                                                                              Both of these seem to point to me that the Democrats have a real bad feeling about 2022 and they are going to at least try to jam through some pet projects....or...they are just pretty power hungry.

                                                                              That's ignoring the Supreme Court stuff, I don't think the Moderates are willing to go there. That leads to disaster on many levels.... including making themselves borderline unelectable in 2022 when the GOP is already going to be at a big advantage
                                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

                                                                                I'll mention this, again, Sydney Powell said that her lies were too ridiculous for anyone to believe. She admitted it was a crock of shit, in court and not at four seasons landscaping.

                                                                                There is no proof that wide spread fraud occurred. At all. I'm sure there was fraud, but the standard was and has never changed - was it widespread? And the answer has been and will always be no.
                                                                                If you're facing defamation of course you'll throw yourself under the bus to avoid jail time or fines.

                                                                                As I said, I doubt anyone would have been able to prove anything if there had or hadn't been shennanigans. Tracks would likely have been covered too well. You'll still never convince the other side just by saying "There was no widespread fraud" when they literally rigged the previous primary against Bernie. If they'll do it for one of their own, why wouldn't they try it to beat the other team?

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post

                                                                                  If you're facing defamation of course you'll throw yourself under the bus to avoid jail time or fines.

                                                                                  As I said, I doubt anyone would have been able to prove anything if there had or hadn't been shennanigans. Tracks would likely have been covered too well. You'll still never convince the other side just by saying "There was no widespread fraud" when they literally rigged the previous primary against Bernie. If they'll do it for one of their own, why wouldn't they try it to beat the other team?
                                                                                  Any number of the lawyers on IE will tell you that legal strategy is a terrible and embarrassing one. Any self respecting person would never use that defense.

                                                                                  So if it's unverifiable, we're working off of the "dude trust me" theory?

                                                                                  If the other side believes Brian Kemp and Doug Ducey somehow rigged the Dem primary and the general election, then the other side is truly truly lost. I mean, how does that logic work? The dem cabal somehow was able to infiltrate the republican states to overthrow their election processes?

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

                                                                                    Any number of the lawyers on IE will tell you that legal strategy is a terrible and embarrassing one. Any self respecting person would never use that defense.

                                                                                    So if it's unverifiable, we're working off of the "dude trust me" theory?

                                                                                    If the other side believes Brian Kemp and Doug Ducey somehow rigged the Dem primary and the general election, then the other side is truly truly lost. I mean, how does that logic work? The dem cabal somehow was able to infiltrate the republican states to overthrow their election processes?
                                                                                    My only legal experience is clerking for a judge and discussing stuff with him. So the actual practice of law is beyond me other than talking with him and some of the guys/gals who popped into the courtroom.

                                                                                    But I suppose if you find yourself in a bind it might be reasonable to use the legal arguments that have worked for others. "I'm being sued for (this)...well Jimmy used (that) arguement and won, so I will too." No idea what the law is on all that stuff. Still got a feeling she's getting wrecked.

                                                                                    I guess the larger point is its not a great idea to look at a legal argument as a moral/personal argument. I'll leave it to the practicing guys/gals with experience to opine with legit experience. I read textbooks. They deal with real life lol.

                                                                                    edit: Sydney Powell is nuts lol. But I think a lot of folks are willing to lose self respect if it means they save a lot oh money/jail time.

                                                                                    People plead guilty to crimes they didn't do. Similar concept.
                                                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • An amazing thread showing the media carrying water for Biden and attacking Trump on the same decision in Afghanistan.

                                                                                      Journalism is dead.


                                                                                      Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                                                                                        An amazing thread showing the media carrying water for Biden and attacking Trump on the same decision in Afghanistan.

                                                                                        Journalism is dead.


                                                                                        If you actually read the Times you'd see stories pointing out concerns from the mil/hawks that Afganistan will turn into a terrorist haven in the medium term. You'd also know Biden disagreed with Obama and wanted us out in the Obama presidency.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • I'm not sure what the proper strategy is regarding Afghanistan. But leaving on the 20th anniversary of the darkest day in American history seems like giving the bad guys a big W.
                                                                                          Based Mullet Kid owns

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post

                                                                                            If you actually read the Times you'd see stories pointing out concerns from the mil/hawks that Afganistan will turn into a terrorist haven in the medium term. You'd also know Biden disagreed with Obama and wanted us out in the Obama presidency.
                                                                                            It's the media hypocrisy that was being demonstrated. I think his exact words were
                                                                                            Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • We've reached a point where the MSM doesn't even mind getting called out for being in the pocket of the Libs.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

                                                                                                It's the media hypocrisy that was being demonstrated. I think his exact words were
                                                                                                Sure, you're picking the most anti trump headlines contrasted with the most pro biden takes. The MSM articles/stories have been mixed from what I've seen. The issues I had with Trump foreign policy in general was how helter skelter it was, not general philosophy (if there was one)

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • The article is paywalled, but in Matt Yglesias's substack he shows why the Middle East used to be #1 in geostrategic importance. In the cold war we were a big oil importer and the Soviets could sweep in and cut us off from oil, crippling our economy. At the current time we're net exporters and China's economy is way more exposed to oil shocks than ours is. Additionally, Israel seems to have made peace with the Sunnis in an alliance with Iran. If we can stop the two sides from getting into a nuclear arms race and stop terrorist states from setting up that's what we need.

                                                                                                  Basically we need to get out of the Middle East and focus on East Asia. We spend more on defense than the next 10 countries added up, in large part because we've made commitments/goals that aren't doable.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post
                                                                                                    The article is paywalled, but in Matt Yglesias's substack he shows why the Middle East used to be #1 in geostrategic importance. In the cold war we were a big oil importer and the Soviets could sweep in and cut us off from oil, crippling our economy. At the current time we're net exporters and China's economy is way more exposed to oil shocks than ours is. Additionally, Israel seems to have made peace with the Sunnis in an alliance with Iran. If we can stop the two sides from getting into a nuclear arms race and stop terrorist states from setting up that's what we need.

                                                                                                    Basically we need to get out of the Middle East and focus on East Asia. We spend more on defense than the next 10 countries added up, in large part because we've made commitments/goals that aren't doable.
                                                                                                    Energy independence was the best foreign policy move ever and first thing Biden worked to undo. And so much of our military "spending" is on salaries, pensions, VA, disability. China can maintain 10 troops for the price we put in to one and probably doesn't care if they have PTSD or missing limbs for the rest of their lives. With WWII, Korea and Vietnam vets dying off we are replacing their "cost" of disability and medical with a new generation of 20-30 year olds with a lifetime of disability and medical costs ahead of them. Conveniently keeps that military budget up. I'm all for a ready military but spending decades maiming ourselves after 9/11 is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

                                                                                                    Anyone who thinks Biden is eliciting respect from the rest of the world is comically naive.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post

                                                                                                      Energy independence was the best foreign policy move ever and first thing Biden worked to undo. And so much of our military "spending" is on salaries, pensions, VA, disability. China can maintain 10 troops for the price we put in to one and probably doesn't care if they have PTSD or missing limbs for the rest of their lives. With WWII, Korea and Vietnam vets dying off we are replacing their "cost" of disability and medical with a new generation of 20-30 year olds with a lifetime of disability and medical costs ahead of them. Conveniently keeps that military budget up. I'm all for a ready military but spending decades maiming ourselves after 9/11 is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

                                                                                                      Anyone who thinks Biden is eliciting respect from the rest of the world is comically naive.
                                                                                                      I totally agree with this. I don't think keeping a handful of people in Afghanistan is handcuffing us in Asia, but I also would have been happy to get out of Afghanistan in 2014. Period.

                                                                                                      China and SE Asia is the new ballpark. I think we need a President who pushes our allies to increase their defense spending and create a more formidable alliance to oppose the rising threat from China. Biden laughed at China as a candidate, but I doubt he is now. Bipartisanship on military spending is always smooth and amazing. Don't hold your breath for cuts.
                                                                                                      Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X