Biden Presidency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post

1. I don’t like Neera Tanden. This is not a defense of her.

2. I’m not sure you are a good arbiter of what constitutes a disgusting person given your recent posts in this thread. What purpose does it serve sharing hacked text messages from Hunter Biden? He is a deeply flawed private citizen who has no role in this Administration.

3. I would suggest the mods move any discussion of Hunter Biden elsewhere and reserve this thread for actual discussions of Biden Administration. There are certainly good discussions to be had here about the current president and his policies. I don’t think delighting in the past missteps of a recovering drug addict are one of them.
    1- OK
    2- Her tweets and actions are disgusting and reflective of a deranged individual. The Biden family has found a way to survive off Joe's office and by selling policy. I would argue their professional actions are certainly relevant to the Biden Administration. I'm sorry we don't agree on everything, but Hunter is relevant just as the Trump kids were fair targets.
    3- While I think it would be nice to know what nation was funding those hookers and drugs, we can go back to Biden's interesting policy choices.
    Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

1- OK
      2- Her tweets and actions are disgusting and reflective of a deranged individual. The Biden family has found a way to survive off Joe's office and by selling policy. I would argue their professional actions are certainly relevant to the Biden Administration. I'm sorry we don't agree on everything, but Hunter is relevant just as the Trump kids were fair targets.
      3- While I think it would be nice to know what nation was funding those hookers and drugs, we can go back to Biden's interesting policy choices.
      Trump’s children were fair targets because Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump were members of Trump Administration.

In terms of Biden profiting off of policy, he was the poorest member of the Senate for decades. After the Obama Administration, he didn’t give $250,000 speeches to Goldman Sachs like Hillary Clinton. He made a little money off of a book deal, but it sounds like even that’s been largely tapped. It was recently reported that Biden almost took out a mortgage during the 2020 primary when his prospects looked dim.

There is plenty of objective evidence out there to show he’s not and never has been a wealthy man. His tax returns are publicly available if you want to look at them.

I understand being critical of Biden if you support construction of the Keystone Pipeline or think a $15 minimum wage is too high. I’m not a fan of critiques that are based on a reality you’ve created for yourself that have no basis in fact.

Comment

2. I’m not sure you are a good arbiter of what constitutes a disgusting person given your recent posts in this thread. What purpose does it serve sharing hacked text messages from Hunter Biden? He is a deeply flawed private citizen who has no role in this Administration.

3. I would suggest the mods move any discussion of Hunter Biden elsewhere and reserve this thread for actual discussions of Biden Administration. There are certainly good discussions to be had here about the current president and his policies. I don’t think delighting in the past missteps of a recovering drug addict are one of them.
        He is so deeply flawed that he has quickly rose to the level of the 1 percenters just merely being a private citizen with no role in hid dads affairs.

Comment

• https://moneywise.com/a/why-are-gaso...h-will-they-go

This is likely going to be blamed on Joe, Chuck, Nancy, cancellation of the Keystone Pipeline and The Green New Deal (legislation that has not been passed now gets blamed for shit) but this is an important read as to the forthcoming gas price spike that is going to happen and why oil is going to skyrocket.

For as much as the USA isn't as dependent on OPEC, we are very much at the center of setting the world's oil prices. Production was cut substantially in the last year due to Covid. They will be slow to get production back to pre pandemic levels and love the high prices in the meantime. For the foreseeable future.
          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

I agree, why arent we talking about Biden trading cages for shipping containers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post

I agree, why arent we talking about Biden trading cages for shipping containers?
              My outrage at the shipping container madness is aimed at the left and the press. This was hysteria and heated rhetoric under one President and a pass under the next. It's a complex problem and I don't pretend to have the answers, but I do think asking for consistency is fair. I don't see the Keep Families Together signs and Facebook profile frames with this new facility. You could argue that Biden should be able to deliver a better solution after he grilled Trump on this during the debate, but it is complex and the expectations for him are quite low.

I also expect a nominee for Assistant Secretary of Health to answer whether or not children should be able to have a sex change.

Paul then asked Levine: “Do you believe that minors are capable of making such a life-changing decision as changing one’s sex?”

Levine responded calmly, thanking Paul for his question. “Transgender medicine is a very complex and nuanced field with robust research and standards of care that have been developed,” Levine said. She promised to discuss the “particulars” further if confirmed.

He pressed: “Will you make a more firm decision on whether minors should be involved with these decisions?” and she responded again that if confirmed, she’d be “pleased” to talk with him and his staff about transgender standards of care.
              https://www.inquirer.com/news/rand-p...-20210225.html

Comment

I also expect a nominee for Assistant Secretary of Health to answer whether or not children should be able to have a sex change.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/rand-p...-20210225.html

Remember when kids just "went through phases" as a kid? Now they are encouraged to go through sex changes... crazy how far we have come.

We do not trust kids to do the following until they are adults:
                Cannot buy cigaretts until 18.
                Cannot buy alcohol until 21.
                Cannot vote until 18.
                Cannot get married without parental consent until 18.
                Age of consent to have sex is around 15 to 18 years old.
                Cannot get a piercing or tattoo until age 18.

But they fully capable of making a decision to cut their penis off or going through other therapies to change their sex... #woke

Comment

Trump’s children were fair targets because Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump were members of Trump Administration.

In terms of Biden profiting off of policy, he was the poorest member of the Senate for decades. After the Obama Administration, he didn’t give $250,000 speeches to Goldman Sachs like Hillary Clinton. He made a little money off of a book deal, but it sounds like even that’s been largely tapped. It was recently reported that Biden almost took out a mortgage during the 2020 primary when his prospects looked dim.

There is plenty of objective evidence out there to show he’s not and never has been a wealthy man. His tax returns are publicly available if you want to look at them.

I understand being critical of Biden if you support construction of the Keystone Pipeline or think a $15 minimum wage is too high. I’m not a fan of critiques that are based on a reality you’ve created for yourself that have no basis in fact.
                  Trump's kids were part of the administration and fair game. Hunter was involved in that crap overseas using his dad's influence, so he's fair game as well.

Comment

I think it shows he's a decent arbiter of what constitutes a disgusting person. He was able to identify Hunter and Neera after all.

Nah...Hunter Biden is mostly fair game, he's a 50-something year old guy. If I recall, the Trump thread had people sharing thoughts on rumors about Baron....and he's like 13 or something. That may have been a different forum im on, cant recall. There was all sorts of goofy stuff discussed in the Trump thread though.

Hunter might not even really be a private citizen...at least not in the normal context. His old man is the POTUS plus he's not a kid (See: Chelsea, Baron, Obama's girls) or a young adult (see W's girls).

His drug problems are one thing no one should celebrate. If he relapses or whatever, I dont think anyone here is rooting for that. But his other behavior/business should probably be fair game.
                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post

1. Trump has several children. So because one of them was a part of the administration, all of them were fair game? That logic doesn't make any sense.

2. Biden was an objectively wealthy man for several decades. Being the least wealthy member of the most influential group of politicians in the United States does not mean you do not have substantial wealth. https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...den-net-worth/.

His speaking fee may not have been $250K, but it got as high as $190K. Even as a senator, he was paid pretty well, had great job security, great government bennies. Worked as a VP, also good pay and great bennies.

If you own two homes worth a combined $4-5 million dollars, you are wealthy. If you own another $4-5 million in investments, you are pretty wealthy. If you have a million dollar federal pension, you are sitting pretty good.

Non-wealthy 31 year-old folks don't buy 10K sq ft DuPont mansions. Non-wealthy folks don't build a 6800 sq ft home.https://www.townandcountrymag.com/le...-estate-homes/

The idea that Joe Biden isn't a wealthy guy is silly. Was a lot of his money tied up in property? Probably. But dude is and was a wealthy dude. His salary from the Senate alone back in 2008 would put him in the top 15% of household incomes in 2020. https://dqydj.com/household-income-p...le-calculator/ https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory...e_salaries.htm

Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• [QUOTE=NorthDakota;n2978806]
                        Originally posted by irishff1014

Whats the problem with the post??
                        Nothing. I didn’t realize I was in this thread until after I posted. I just want my post deleted.
                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Hunter is 150% fair game - anyone who doesn't think Biden has funneled money to family for years is either lying or dumb.

Comment

• Didn’t take long for Biden to go military on Iran.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                              Didn’t take long for Biden to go military on Iran.

Comment

• When the shoes on the other foot.

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

Oct 16, 2019

United States government official
                                This afternoon, I'll be discussing Donald Trump's recent actions in Syria and how his erratic, impulsive decisions endanger our troops and make us all less safe.

Comment

When the shoes on the other foot.

Joe Biden

@JoeBiden

Oct 16, 2019

United States government official
                                  This afternoon, I'll be discussing Donald Trump's recent actions in Syria and how his erratic, impulsive decisions endanger our troops and make us all less safe.
                                  Sooo Americans aren't getting that $2000 check that Biden promised, but it took the guy 36 days to launch missiles into Syria.
                                  The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• It took our new Raytheon General all of a month to find a new war. We knew they would take us back, but this is ahead of schedule. The Psaki/Harris/Biden hypocritical tweets are great, but what do you guys think of the results of the Libs push on the military?

Comment

• Seeing libs lose their minds on Twitter this week has been very fun. Obviously that's a bubble and wayyy further left than the moderates who won them control of government, but its not just DSA twitter that is furious right now lmaoooo
                                      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

It took our new Raytheon General all of a month to find a new war. We knew they would take us back, but this is ahead of schedule. The Psaki/Harris/Biden hypocritical tweets are great, but what do you guys think of the results of the Libs push on the military?

Laughed out loud at that photo. One of my friends calls those signs "the flag of self-loathing white millionaires."

Comment

• US officials ask China not to subject staff to Covid-19 anal swab tests

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/asia/...ntl/index.html

Maybe they took Biden literally when Biden said China will eat our lunch...

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Laughed out loud at that photo. One of my friends calls those signs "the flag of self-loathing white millionaires."
                                            I would love to send this pic to 90% of my class. There would be a petition to expel me by the end of the evening
                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• It has been interesting seeing the current administration begin to push back on the Saudi’s. The withdrawal of support for the genocide in Yemen is a good start. Hopefully Bin Salman ends up in the Hague.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluto View Post
                                                It has been interesting seeing the current administration begin to push back on the Saudi’s. The withdrawal of support for the genocide in Yemen is a good start. Hopefully Bin Salman ends up in the Hague.
                                                "Push back" is using that term very loosely.

I forgot if it was WaPo or NYT or CNN... but one of them described Donald's relationship with the Saudis as transactional.... in a negative light... few years later the same paper describes Biden being "unwilling to pay the cost" or something like that.

Sounds pretty transactional....even outside the convenient language.

Time for libs to face it. Biden will do the same thing as the old boss in the areas they didnt want him to.. hes a fragile old man.
                                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Biden is really struggling with these kids in cages.

White House on returning migrant kids to Homestead: ‘It’s not a detention center; it’s a shelter’

Without providing any specific evidence, Sen. Marco Rubio said now it’s the Democrats who are putting kids in cages. On Fox News on Friday, Sent. Rick Scott also criticized Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.

“What a bunch of hypocrites these Democrats are,” Scott said.

Biden’s administration will be reopening a facility for minors in Homestead that former President Donald Trump’s administration closed in October 2019.

Rep. Carlos Gimenez, the former mayor of Miami-Dade County, visited the facility next to the Homestead Air Reserve Base when HHS had entrusted a subsidiary of Caliburn International to manage it.

As Democrats at the time had complained about the secrecy at the facility, attorneys with the National Center for Youth Law reported children there were traumatized and the Florida Immigrant Coalition complained about the “for-profit child detention center.”
                                                  https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...its-a-shelter/

Comment

Biden is really struggling with these kids in cages.

White House on returning migrant kids to Homestead: ‘It’s not a detention center; it’s a shelter’

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2...its-a-shelter/
                                                    The difference is those locations are for children that came over the border by themselves and have to be held somewhere (typically a matter of weeks), as opposed to children who were separated from the parents they came with whom were later deported. Of course Biden should have probably realized that the right wing and far left wing media outlets would take the opportunity to do the "both sides are the same" shtick but it is what it is.
                                                    "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                                    --Samuel L

Comment

• Every candidate loves to pound sand about how bad the decisions are that the president makes, Then when elected they go about doing the same thing. Only they like to use different terms and insist it's different. The strike in Syria, the use of Executive Orders and now this, "When the shoes on the other foot".

Comment

Every candidate loves to pound sand about how bad the decisions are that the president makes, Then when elected they go about doing the same thing. Only they like to use different terms and insist it's different. The strike in Syria, the use of Executive Orders and now this, "When the shoes on the other foot".
                                                        I'm not shocked by how they have handled it. What's different now is the change in the outrage and the media coverage. We went from screaming and profile photo frames to excuses and "not okay"

Comment

• Duplicate entry

Comment

• I really need GoIrish41 to come out of the woodwork again and explain how Trump built internment camps but Biden has opened new "shelters" for migrant children.
                                                            The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• The HR1 bill is very troubling. It basically negates any state laws requiring voter ID to vote in a federal election. Dems trying to pull a fast one which would basically legalize voter cheating. Republicans will just need to learn how to cheat better.

There’s a lot more to it, but it’s meant to keep the Dems in power long into the future.

The House passed it barely with no Republican votes. I sincerely hope the Senate has more sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicago Domer View Post
                                                                The HR1 bill is very troubling. It basically negates any state laws requiring voter ID to vote in a federal election. Dems trying to pull a fast one which would basically legalize voter cheating. Republicans will just need to learn how to cheat better.

There’s a lot more to it, but it’s meant to keep the Dems in power long into the future.

The House passed it barely with no Republican votes. I sincerely hope the Senate has more sense.
                                                                Harris will end up casting the deciding vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicago Domer View Post
                                                                  The HR1 bill is very troubling. It basically negates any state laws requiring voter ID to vote in a federal election. Dems trying to pull a fast one which would basically legalize voter cheating. Republicans will just need to learn how to cheat better.

On the flip side you have Republicans in states across the country trying to restrict voting rights. For example, they're ironically trying to undo the 100% Republican supported bill that opened up absentee voting in Pennsylvania. Banning early voting on Sundays in Georgia because a lot of black people go vote after church in GOTV drives. A litany of voter restrictions in Arizona mainly targeted at making it harder for Native Americans and Latinos to vote. Etc. Etc.

There is a case up in the SCOTUS right now on voting rights and Amy Coney Barrett asked then RNC lawyer yesterday why they were involved in the case and he said on record that it was because restrictions help Republicans and politics is a "zero sum game" ... i.e. none of this is about being fair or doing the right thing, it is transparently doing whatever you can to help your side win.

HR1 is the Democrats' equivalent. This is one of those issues where both sides are literally doing the same thing. Voter ID? It is a joke that anyone thinks that requiring an ID to vote is unfair. Virtually every country requires an ID to vote. And if it were a barrier, the answer is to make it easier for poor people in urban environments to get government IDs. Democrats are trying to eliminate every barrier and every safeguard because it'll help them win... Republicans are trying to make it as hard as possible to vote because it will help them win... none of it has anything to do with "election integrity" or fair voting practices for Americans citizens.

Comment

• Ive got zero problems homogenizing voter rights and standardizing the process so EVERY PERSON who is legally able to vote can vote. Why cant voting just be standardized? Why do states need their own rules for a federally mandated right? What is the harm in doing something as easy as that? Standardize early voting. Standardize absentee voting. Minimize wait times or line lengths. It harms no one and helps everyone. In person voter fraud is rare. Absentee voter fraud seems to be even more rare. Vote suppression and restricting voter rights is out of control. Targeting minorities and groups that tend to vote Dem is out of control.
                                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                      Ive got zero problems homogenizing voter rights and standardizing the process so EVERY PERSON who is legally able to vote can vote. Why cant voting just be standardized? Why do states need their own rules for a federally mandated right? What is the harm in doing something as easy as that? Standardize early voting. Standardize absentee voting. Minimize wait times or line lengths. It harms no one and helps everyone. In person voter fraud is rare. Absentee voter fraud seems to be even more rare. Vote suppression and restricting voter rights is out of control. Targeting minorities and groups that tend to vote Dem is out of control.
                                                                      "tradition" and "heiritage." If you know what I mean.

If there is a second coup today as I am hearing, good luck to all the insurectionalists, especially those who are currently serving in Congress. Thoughts and prayers.

Special thanks to our military, who have been actually running things these last couple of months while we wait for his Excellency to assume the thrown again.
                                                                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Ive got zero problems homogenizing voter rights and standardizing the process so EVERY PERSON who is legally able to vote can vote. Why cant voting just be standardized? Why do states need their own rules for a federally mandated right? What is the harm in doing something as easy as that? Standardize early voting. Standardize absentee voting. Minimize wait times or line lengths. It harms no one and helps everyone. In person voter fraud is rare. Absentee voter fraud seems to be even more rare. Vote suppression and restricting voter rights is out of control. Targeting minorities and groups that tend to vote Dem is out of control.
                                                                        Lol I'm not sure anyone really wants voting to be standardized. States are labs anyway, they do a better job at this sort of thing than the Feds will do. Could you imagine the wild conspiracy theories people would every time a new administration comes in and changes things? Say in 2017, the Feds passed legislation curbing or outright banning mail voting.... would you be fine with that? After all...its now standardized. What about legislation limiting early voting to occurring no earlier than a week before election day?

Besides, this post is particularly silly in light of 2020. This is all "VoTeR sUpPrEsSiOn" when the latest election had a huge turnout. Makes about as much sense as Stacey Abrams whining about how her voters were suppressed but also that she got this amazing turnout.

If people have a problem with the ways specific states handle things, then sue them. Constitution has some pretty big protections in there
                                                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Ive got zero problems homogenizing voter rights and standardizing the process so EVERY PERSON who is legally able to vote can vote. Why can't voting just be standardized? Why do states need their own rules for a federally mandated right? What is the harm in doing something as easy as that? Standardize early voting. Standardize absentee voting. Minimize wait times or line lengths. It harms no one and helps everyone. In person voter fraud is rare. Absentee voter fraud seems to be even more rare. Vote suppression and restricting voter rights is out of control. Targeting minorities and groups that tend to vote Dem is out of control.
                                                                          Because people need confidence in their elections above all else and we do not currently have that. The party in power can't tweak the rules to their favor across the country and our elections must be protected. Voter ID is a must and this bill is a pure power grab like everything else the left is pushing. States should control their elections. HR 1 is awful and should never clear the Manchin barrier.

Also- anyone noticing our recent border failure?
                                                                          Biden’s Unnecessary Border Crisis
                                                                          His rhetoric during the campaign suggesting an open-handed approach to migrants coming to the U.S., and his early moves to undo Donald Trump’s border policies are creating a migrant surge that risks running out of control.
                                                                          Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas says the situation isn’t a crisis, but “a challenge”—an “acute” and “stressful” challenge with some “urgency,” but merely a challenge all the same.

Consider the contours of this challenge. Twice as many people, about 80,000, tried to cross the border illegally in January of this year as compared with January a year ago.

Even though it isn’t peak traveling season yet (that traditionally comes in May and June), U.S. Border Patrol has already begun releasing migrants into U.S. towns on the border, and the number of minors arriving per day is four times higher than in October.

Axios reported on a briefing prepared for Biden that warned that the number of migrants kids is on pace to set a record, and there aren’t nearly enough beds to accommodate them. Per Axios, the briefing projects that an astonishing 117,000 unaccompanied children will show up at the border this year, and it says we’ll need another 20,000 beds.

Health and Human Services, which takes custody of minors, has begun expediting their release to adults in the U.S., and paying their transportation costs.

Meanwhile, the Biden team is reopening detention facilities at the border that drew the ire of Democrats during Trump’s presidency.

If Joe Biden decides to do a press conference this year, we can ask him about it. But it looks like Joe isn't the one making the calls....

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

Lol I'm not sure anyone really wants voting to be standardized. States are labs anyway, they do a better job at this sort of thing than the Feds will do. Could you imagine the wild conspiracy theories people would every time a new administration comes in and changes things? Say in 2017, the Feds passed legislation curbing or outright banning mail voting.... would you be fine with that? After all...its now standardized. What about legislation limiting early voting to occurring no earlier than a week before election day?

Besides, this post is particularly silly in light of 2020. This is all "VoTeR sUpPrEsSiOn" when the latest election had a huge turnout. Makes about as much sense as Stacey Abrams whining about how her voters were suppressed but also that she got this amazing turnout.

If people have a problem with the ways specific states handle things, then sue them. Constitution has some pretty big protections in there
                                                                            We have a non-partisan agency that runs the Federal elections (Elections Canada), it answers to the parliament so I guess by extension it can be subject to some partisanship but less so than a typical crown corp.

Would it be possible for the US to have a similar setup?

Comment

• Republicans are saying the quiet part out loud now when it comes to voting. That's what rather shocking about all of this. Don't say the quiet part out loud that turnout is bad for you politically. The masters of dog whistles and coded languages are flat out telling Supreme Court justices "This is really bad for us because politics is a zero sum game."

FFS. Stick with the Big Lie, but keep the quiet part the quiet part. Damn.

The mass closings of polling places and facilities to obtain an ID when ID is made required since 2010 is pretty staggering. It isn't rocket science.

Comment

You mean like all the arbitrary laws being passed in Georgia to take away normal voting methods used by AA's? ok eyerooooooollllll

The point of my "silly" post is that currently voting is a hodgepodge across 50 states. As Lax says the politics will play games to ge t an edge every election year. The GOP is currently changing the rules now since the y lost GA (LMAO) to Biden. The rule changes primarily affect AA's traditional voting methods. Why? Becasue their vote difference came from primarily AA turnout and their ease with which they LEGALLY voted.

Standarzing this across 50 states is a no brainer. Setting rules as to what methods are valid. What time frames they are available and accepted, sig matching, ID checks.. whatever... This is easily doable and makes 100% total sense. Then its simply a matter of facilitating the turnout. It harms NO one and helps everyone.
                                                                                Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 03-04-2021, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

We have a non-partisan agency that runs the Federal elections (Elections Canada), it answers to the parliament so I guess by extension it can be subject to some partisanship but less so than a typical crown corp.

Would it be possible for the US to have a similar setup?
                                                                                  Our elections are covered in part by Art. 1, Section 4 of the Constitution. Then you got the other amendments regarding voting.

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations . . .
                                                                                  Congress can do some things there, it doesn't appear to be particularly limited. I'm not sure what the outer bounds of what can be done is, whether that is a large standardization effort or delegating broad authority to some agency.
                                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

You mean like all the arbitrary laws being passed in Georgia to take away normal voting methods used by AA's? ok eyerooooooollllll

The point of my "silly" post is that currently voting is a hodgepodge across 50 states. As Lax says the politics will play games to ge t an edge every election year. The GOP is currently changing the rules now since the y lost GA (LMAO) to Biden. The rule changes primarily affect AA's traditional voting methods. Why? Becasue their vote difference came from primarily AA turnout and their ease with which they LEGALLY voted.

Standarzing this across 50 states is a no brainer. It harms NO one and helps everyone.
                                                                                    Politics is full of games with this stuff. Very true. I haven't looked deep into what Georgia is up to, I see they wanted to get rid of no-excuse absentee stuff. I 100% agree with that. I saw they wanted to cut some early voting hours, I don't like that part. And voter ID I 10000% agree with. If they are doing something that is illegal or unconstitutional, they'll get sued and it'll get sorted out.

You trust a group of politicians in Washington to determine a standard procedure that applies to both Rhode Island and Alaska? Wyoming and New Jersey? I'm sorry but that is just silly. I'm not sure how I am helped by national politicians determining how I vote in North Dakota. Genuinely have zero idea how that will help me.
                                                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Our elections are covered in part by Art. 1, Section 4 of the Constitution. Then you got the other amendments regarding voting.

Congress can do some things there, it doesn't appear to be particularly limited. I'm not sure what the outer bounds of what can be done is, whether that is a large standardization effort or delegating broad authority to some agency.
                                                                                      Ah, got it. This all too complicated for me lmao. Us heathens up here only got a federal constitution in '82.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

Ah, got it. This all too complicated for me lmao. Us heathens up here only got a federal constitution in '82.
                                                                                        At least you have one....unlike some folks (looking at you England....)
                                                                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Politics is full of games with this stuff. Very true. I haven't looked deep into what Georgia is up to, I see they wanted to get rid of no-excuse absentee stuff. I 100% agree with that. I saw they wanted to cut some early voting hours, I don't like that part. And voter ID I 10000% agree with. If they are doing something that is illegal or unconstitutional, they'll get sued and it'll get sorted out.

You trust a group of politicians in Washington to determine a standard procedure that applies to both Rhode Island and Alaska? Wyoming and New Jersey? I'm sorry but that is just silly. I'm not sure how I am helped by national politicians determining how I vote in North Dakota. Genuinely have zero idea how that will help me.
                                                                                          I know this last year was unique but I can completely understand people not wanting to go stand in line mid-covid outbreak and deferring to absentee ballots.
                                                                                          Prehistoric

Comment

If you are not UP on what Georgia is doing since the Big Lie you should dig in deep becasue its terrible. If you homogenize the process and make it simple and available then no one is telling you what you have to do, it sets a minimum standard that can not be undone like what they are doing in Georgia and Arizona and other places where the GOP got their assess kicked in turnout this year. It will prevent arbitrary retribution like what the GOP is doin gin Georgia and elsewhere. This is super simple. Democrats want as many people voting as possible. GOP wants as few as possible. I want all legally valid Americans to vote.

Comment

If you are not UP on what Georgia is doing since the Big Lie you should dig in deep becasue its terrible. If you homogenize the process and make it simple and available then no one is telling you what you have to do, it sets a minimum standard that can not be undone like what they are doing in Georgia and Arizona and other places where the GOP got their assess kicked in turnout this year. It will prevent arbitrary retribution like what the GOP is doin gin Georgia and elsewhere. This is super simple. Democrats want as many people voting as possible. GOP wants as few as possible. I want all legally valid Americans to vote.
                                                                                              We already have minimum standards. Its just enforced by the judiciary rather than Congress. If what they are doing is bad, you sue them. If its truly awful, discriminatory, etc., then it will be struck down.

I'm not advocating for states doing whatever the hell they want. With you there. Courts are pretty well equipped to handle these problems though. If Congress passes a law, particularly a stupid one because we know it will be set up to benefit a specific party, the judiciary and states have their hands tied.
                                                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Are any of the HR 1 defenders going to defend the legalization of ballot harvesting nationwide?

Comment

Standarzing this across 50 states is a no brainer. Setting rules as to what methods are valid. What time frames they are available and accepted, sig matching, ID checks.. whatever... This is easily doable and makes 100% total sense. Then its simply a matter of facilitating the turnout. It harms NO one and helps everyone.
                                                                                                  Actually it's not a "no brainer", but hey we're all for bigger government where more of my pay check can go to supporting it.

Comment

We already have minimum standards. Its just enforced by the judiciary rather than Congress. If what they are doing is bad, you sue them. If its truly awful, discriminatory, etc., then it will be struck down.

I'm not advocating for states doing whatever the hell they want. With you there. Courts are pretty well equipped to handle these problems though. If Congress passes a law, particularly a stupid one because we know it will be set up to benefit a specific party, the judiciary and states have their hands tied.
                                                                                                    No we dont have minimum standards. Every state is different. Its not standard if it can be arbitrarily changed right before elections occur. I look at it like road signage. I can go to any state in the union and I will see the same signs, mean the same thing, and are based off the same standard. Voting should be equally as available and simple. South Carolina cant just arbitrarily change the stop sign and replace it with something designed to be confusing. If I were to move to another state the voting experience should be the same. Easy and accessible.

Its this easy.
                                                                                                    1. Voter ID required. ID must be based off you address associated with your IRS taxes. Government can aid in getting an ID to people who need it. It can be forwarded with your W-2 or Welfare applications or some other federal level document.
                                                                                                    2. Each election, absentee ballots are acceptable for any reason ( not some random made up list like it is in my state). Absentee ballots can be cast from some specific time before and after election.
                                                                                                    3. Each election, mail in ballots are acceptable and subject to sig and ID match. Mail in ballot are allowed to be received some specific time before and after election.
                                                                                                    4. Each election, in person voting will be held at same locations without closing or changing venues at the last moment. Voters must be notified a change of venue. In person voting also subject to ID and sig match.
                                                                                                    5. Every state will standardize counting. All votes must be received by a certain day and counting done and certified by another day.
                                                                                                    That's it. Every state follows the same protocol in setting up and conducting mail in, absentee and in person voting. The fact North Carolina and Nevada doesn't finish counting for nearly two weeks after the election is egregious when Virginia and other more populous states can get it done in days is ridiculous.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 03-04-2021, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Also- anyone noticing our recent border failure?
                                                                                                      Biden’s Unnecessary Border Crisis

His rhetoric during the campaign suggesting an open-handed approach to migrants coming to the U.S., and his early moves to undo Donald Trump’s border policies are creating a migrant surge that risks running out of control.
                                                                                                      Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas says the situation isn’t a crisis, but “a challenge”—an “acute” and “stressful” challenge with some “urgency,” but merely a challenge all the same.

Consider the contours of this challenge. Twice as many people, about 80,000, tried to cross the border illegally in January of this year as compared with January a year ago.

Even though it isn’t peak traveling season yet (that traditionally comes in May and June), U.S. Border Patrol has already begun releasing migrants into U.S. towns on the border, and the number of minors arriving per day is four times higher than in October.

Axios reported on a briefing prepared for Biden that warned that the number of migrants kids is on pace to set a record, and there aren’t nearly enough beds to accommodate them. Per Axios, the briefing projects that an astonishing 117,000 unaccompanied children will show up at the border this year, and it says we’ll need another 20,000 beds.

Health and Human Services, which takes custody of minors, has begun expediting their release to adults in the U.S., and paying their transportation costs.

Meanwhile, the Biden team is reopening detention facilities at the border that drew the ire of Democrats during Trump’s presidency.
                                                                                                      If Joe Biden decides to do a press conference this year, we can ask him about it. But it looks like Joe isn't the one making the calls....

Bueller? Bueller?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X