Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Shooting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    I'm assuming most heard about the shooting at the FedEx facility in Indy. The facility is FedEx's 2nd largest facility in the world. I drive by it often and it's huge. He was going to be able to kill quite a few before law enforcement could get to him.



    Somehow he was still able to go out and buy a gun.
    IDK hw it is elsewhere... in SC you can buy any gun and leave the store the same day as long as the background check submitted is accepted.
    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

    Comment


    • It's 18 to buy in Indiana. If he didn't have a record, he would have cleared the system. Hearing his story and mental health issues, not sure how the hell his family had him owning a gun and why the Indiana red-flag law didn't work here. It likely wasn't applied because it rarely is, but they did have a prior issue they could have used. I read that multiple workers ran to their vehicles to get their guns to shoot back, but unclear what role that played in his death. Not sure what security they have or if he had the id to clear security.
      Running the damn ball since 2017.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
        It's 18 to buy in Indiana. If he didn't have a record, he would have cleared the system. Hearing his story and mental health issues, not sure how the hell his family had him owning a gun and why the Indiana red-flag law didn't work here. It likely wasn't applied because it rarely is, but they did have a prior issue they could have used. I read that multiple workers ran to their vehicles to get their guns to shoot back, but unclear what role that played in his death. Not sure what security they have or if he had the id to clear security.
        You have to think they have security, but the volume of traffic in and out of that facility probably made it easy for him to get back in without much of a problem. His mom had asked authorities to take his gun away previously. Not sure why she wouldn't just take it and turn it over to authorities. Maybe she was afraid of him? She knew he had issues, but the system did fail on this one.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

          You have to think they have security, but the volume of traffic in and out of that facility probably made it easy for him to get back in without much of a problem. His mom had asked authorities to take his gun away previously. Not sure why she wouldn't just take it and turn it over to authorities. Maybe she was afraid of him? She knew he had issues, but the system did fail on this one.
          I believe by the letter of the law in Indiana it didn't fail. She called the police, they came, took him and his gun (at the time), and he was checked in. If I remember correctly, they can only have his gun(s) for a short period of time, and then he is able to recover them.* From then, he wasn't flagged going forward since that event.

          *Go figure you can have a gun returned to you if mentally ill, but someone wanting to buy a vehicle in another state has his thousands of dollars taken by police with no probable cause or charges.

          Comment


          • Imagine shooting up a school and walking free the next day. Want to know why our crime is soaring? One reason- our justice system is broken.

            Running the damn ball since 2017.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
              Imagine shooting up a school and walking free the next day. Want to know why our crime is soaring? One reason- our justice system is broken.

              YUP!
              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

              Comment


              • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                Imagine shooting up a school and walking free the next day. Want to know why our crime is soaring? One reason- our justice system is broken.

                Just saw this. How can any judge let a guy like this walk on the streets after a violent attack where multiple people are injured? Is there a fine line, like did someone have to die before there's no bail?

                Comment


                • I'm waiting for more information on this one. Was he defending himself maybe? Judge in Texas letting him out on bail that quickly.... I think there is more to the story. High school isn't all pom poms and high fives.

                  I do love the mask game. Kid sporting chin diaper and nobody else has one. Can we stop the theatrics already?

                  Comment


                  • https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-hig...uspect-bullied

                    Was bullied according to family. So judge could say it was self defense... Interesting to see how it will play out.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                      https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-hig...uspect-bullied

                      Was bullied according to family. So judge could say it was self defense... Interesting to see how it will play out.
                      Revenge is not self-defense. The fight was over. Shooting the teacher was also certainly not self-defense. No way in hell this kid should be walking the streets.
                      Running the damn ball since 2017.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

                        Revenge is not self-defense. The fight was over. Shooting the teacher was also certainly not self-defense. No way in hell this kid should be walking the streets.
                        I'm not defending the kid, but clearly he brought the gun for a reason. That's clear by the other kid coming into his classroom and attacking him. Now, you can't tell me that when you are seeing red, even if a fight is broken up that you are thinking clearly. He more than likely dealt with a lot of issues, and there was no intention to shoot the teacher. I do believe this is an isolated incident that also shows potentially the issues with not taking bullying seriously.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

                          Revenge is not self-defense. The fight was over. Shooting the teacher was also certainly not self-defense. No way in hell this kid should be walking the streets.
                          "Arlington police said cellphone video shows the fight breaking out before Simpkins fired the gun. Lafayette claimed the video shows Simpkins was being attacked"

                          Robbed twice at school and attacked IN CLASS at 9:15AM when he starts shooting. I am sure the video was shown to the judge who released him. Video will tell if the "witness" holding back the assailant really happened - first witness out the door is usually grinding an ax.
                          Last edited by RDU Irish; 10-08-2021, 02:32 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post

                            I'm not defending the kid, but clearly he brought the gun for a reason. That's clear by the other kid coming into his classroom and attacking him. Now, you can't tell me that when you are seeing red, even if a fight is broken up that you are thinking clearly. He more than likely dealt with a lot of issues, and there was no intention to shoot the teacher. I do believe this is an isolated incident that also shows potentially the issues with not taking bullying seriously.
                            Are you saying the kid who started the fight wasn't even in the class? WTF - just feral animals roaming the halls and jumping kids actually doing school, A+ work educators of America. Better call the FBI on the parents who complain about bullying and lock up the kid who feels no other option than to prepare to defend himself from the roaming thugs.

                            Agree that nothing sounds like the teacher was shot at - easy assumption to make here is he caught a stray bullet.

                            Comment


                            • This is the fight that was broken up. After the fight, he went to his bag and retrieved the gun. This is not even close to a self-defense case. This is not stand your ground. This is an offensive attack. Even if he was bullied, he still can't take it upon himself to shoot people, including a teacher.

                              Also, imagine being a teacher in this. Yikes
                              Running the damn ball since 2017.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                                This is the fight that was broken up. After the fight, he went to his bag and retrieved the gun. This is not even close to a self-defense case. This is not stand your ground. This is an offensive attack. Even if he was bullied, he still can't take it upon himself to shoot people, including a teacher.

                                Also, imagine being a teacher in this. Yikes
                                Nice commentary - where is the video to support it? Is the shooter in the black T or white T? Black T obviously the aggressor. I can see why kids might bring a gun to school if this is common IN A CLASSROOM.

                                Comment


                                • I am going to tap out of this discussion while I try to decode this message.

                                  https://twitter.com/KeithFrank31/sta...49920007774211

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                    I am going to tap out of this discussion while I try to decode this message.

                                    https://twitter.com/KeithFrank31/sta...49920007774211
                                    Again, no way in hell this is self-defense. Drugs are possible given this link, but it’s not something that should let you walk the street the same day.
                                    Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post

                                      Are you saying the kid who started the fight wasn't even in the class? WTF - just feral animals roaming the halls and jumping kids actually doing school, A+ work educators of America. Better call the FBI on the parents who complain about bullying and lock up the kid who feels no other option than to prepare to defend himself from the roaming thugs.

                                      Agree that nothing sounds like the teacher was shot at - easy assumption to make here is he caught a stray bullet.
                                      Unfortunately, feral animals is the correct term. Urban schools are absolutely full of them.

                                      It's just a symptom of the root problems. Everybody knows what they are.

                                      Comment


                                      • A lot of variables here for sure. Pulling a gun is a no no, regardless. Would be nice to know who was who in the video of the fight. If he and family have reported this to the school before, the school should catch some heat here. Will be curious to see what comes out of this next.

                                        Comment


                                        • State military schools - ship the problems away for a semester at a time and watch the attitude change overnight. I would allow anyone to opt in too.

                                          We will never be serious about discipline in this country - kids know they are untouchable and act accordingly.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                            State military schools - ship the problems away for a semester at a time and watch the attitude change overnight. I would allow anyone to opt in too.

                                            We will never be serious about discipline in this country - kids know they are untouchable and act accordingly.
                                            Discipline is dead. We have violent kids throwing apart the school here in the burbs and they send them back to the room after 10 minutes. Not just one grade level. Every one of them. Zero discipline.
                                            Running the damn ball since 2017.

                                            Comment

                                            Adsense

                                            Collapse
                                            Working...
                                            X