Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
    What do statues provide that a history textbook wouldn't? I also think the distinction between the statue being in the open vs a museum is important too.

My GF who grew up in Georgia has told me a couple of times there are some small boutique type museums with confederate era stuff and Klan memorabilia. If you put the stuff where the people who want to see it can go see it then fine, but if it's presence upsets people then don't have it out in the open.
    Originally posted by Legacy View Post
    That's where I'm at - Confederate statues belong in some museum and not prominently in the center of a town where slaves were auctioned off, for example, or blacks were hung. Teach children about this horrible time in our country's history and how all are God's children, equal in rights and respect not that some are an inferior race, as one can hear from some. Come to grips with the facts that the federal government can change the names of its bases named after white supremacists. Teach the morality this country was founded on.
    Statues don't provide anything more than a textbook, but textbooks are not out in the open as reminder. You have to go looking for them, so you're automatically eliminating everyone except those specifically looking for those books. If the trend continues you're going to see less and less taught in the schools.

I have no problem putting the statues in a park. When you start putting them away, you're basically trying to hide the past. If it upsets someone maybe that's a good thing. Helps strengthen their convictions to help bring about change. There is no race superior to another, but the morality this country was founded on included many prominent citizens that were slave owners.

OMM makes an excellent point with the Holocaust. No one tries to put it away somewhere. We shouldn't hide from it. We should embrace it and use it to make us all better.
    Last edited by Irish#1; 12-17-2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
      Be the clichť Grey...

I started out as a kid a dem, idolizing JFK, and had a Jimmy Carter peanut bank just like my grandfather who I worshiped. Both sides of my very large family were dems. My father, later in life, was the exception, but he had little impact on me. My uncle, who was in local politics, was a dem, and his brother was a dem mayor (before my time). I voted mostly dem in my early days, and belonged to a union while working my way through college, and for a few years after.

I switched to IND as life experience changed my views, and when dems started jumping the shark more and more. I suppose some of my commie professors had an impact on me, and made me start to revisit.. And I married a very staunch dem. The part of my family that were all in local politics, and were all dems back then, are 90% GOP now. My mother who was dem all her life, and voted both times for Obama, has switched.

I'm sure you've held strong... solid dem, just like MSDNC!
      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
        Here is a compilation of the declaration of secession from Georgia, Mississippi, SC, Texas and Virginia. The first item listed in each of these states Immediate Causes is ..... SLAVERY. Each reason after that is a reason based on its impact to their slavery institutino ( economy, autonomy etc..). This isnt my opinion. This is their own published words. The reasons they saw fit to secede. This isnt grey. Its quite clear. Those making it grey do so intentionally and its an extension of the romanticization and whitewashing effected by the Lost Cause narrative.
        https://www.battlefields.org/learn/p...eceding-states

The Lost Cause is a revisionist version of history that has been muddled into American history and southern culture and it began during the revivalist period in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It also coincided with evangelical revival periods as well.

NDRock alluded to this in his post above. Its what southerners teach their children. Its in the history books. My history teachers referred to the CW directly and only as the "War of Northern Aggression" Its on the statues. Its in the placards on the statues. Its not true or accurate. Its what you are projecting here in the last few posts. The war happened becasue politicians made it happen. They didnt make it happen overnight. These were long term issues. I assume like most soldiers LiL Johhny GreyCoat didnt have a full understanding of why he was fighting. No did Joe Bluecoat. The statues don't honor specifically Lil Johhny Grey Coat or Joe Bluecoat. They honor the men who took us into sedition and open war over a immoral, evil thing and the men who fought dying for it.
        You're proving my point. You're looking at what politicians (and the wealthy) did, and what motivated them. vs what the average Joe did, and felt. But you condemn the Joes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
          You're proving my point. You're looking at what politicians (and the wealthy) did, and what motivated them. vs what the average Joe did, and felt. But you condemn the Joes...
          Not sure that I am??? I think every man has to justify his life everyday. Who know s what any individual thought on any given day. Doesn’t matter. They were doing what they though would benefit their states including their people. And their livelihood. It’s not like the average southern man was against the war. It was quite the opposite. They were able and willing to go and fight when called upon. Hell they were proud of it. They STILL are.

We send Soldiers all over the world to this day primarily to protect our interests but also to spread democracy . I’m sure the marines sent out there only want to serve their country as the feel its right yet it’s not like they can’t see what they are really doing may actually be harmful.
          Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 12-17-2020, 02:15 PM.
          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• I am continually disappointed by how immediately "personalized" comments get framed on all these sorts of threads. I'm no guide to thread behavior, but FWIW I try not to label ideas with person's identifiers unless I'm praising/supporting/saying something "nice" about them. Otherwise it's guns-to-the-ramparts instantly almost regardless of merit. If I've failed, sincere apologies --- I too am an imperfect human.

Obviously I DO disagree vigorously with some ideas/opinions. In those instances I try to NOT label that disagreement with the "name" of the writer. I think that this is just "good form" as the Brits would say, and minimizes rubbing people's faces in anything, when the content of the discussion should take pre-eminence for attention. ... and I understand also that sometimes the discussion forces a very direct remark. Even then I'd prefer an opening like: "X, I understand where you are coming from, I just can't agree. Here's why, with respect ... "

I understand that this is not standard practice for sports sites talking smack and dumb jokes and ego-strutting --- OK to that. But these unusual threads that IE allows seem to deserve better. Culture --- Politics --- Elections --- COVID --- pretty big deals for the whole nation and each of our futures. I'm an idealist on this stuff; I taught my students to respect others and de-personalize their arguments and just maybe the discussants would then cool off just enough to meditate on what the other guy said.

Comment

As usual you would be wrong. I donít condone abortion and Iíve never supported PP. I do support the right of others to make their own choices. God will judge them.
              I have yet to see any long rants from you condemning Planned Parenthood, but I have seen some very long posts doing a deep dive analysis of the reasons for secession and whining about...wait for it...the Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy.

Again, you are proving my point. You don't care about whether an organization was or is racist as long as their larger body of work doesn't bother you.
              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Not sure that I am??? I think every man has to justify his life everyday. Who know s what any individual thought on any given day. Doesnít matter. They were doing what they though would benefit their states including their people. And their livelihood. Itís not like the average southern man was against the war. It was quite the opposite. They were able and willing to go and fight when called upon. Hell they were proud of it. They STILL are.

We send Soldiers all over the world to this day primarily to protect our interests but also to spread democracy . Iím sure the marines sent out there only want to serve their country as the feel its right yet itís not like they canít see what they are really doing may actually be harmful.
                And yet you don't condemn all the soldiers (current day). You condemn the government for bad wars. I have very mixed thought about the VN war for instance, and I'm still very proud of my uncle who fought there. I don't condemn him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                  Statues don't provide anything more than a textbook, but textbooks are not out in the open as reminder. You have to go looking for them, so you're automatically eliminating everyone except those specifically looking for those books. If the trend continues you're going to see less and less taught in the schools.

I have no problem putting the statues in a park. When you start putting them away, you're basically trying to hide the past. If it upsets someone maybe that's a good thing. Helps strengthen their convictions to help bring about change. There is no race superior to another, but the morality this country was founded on included many prominent citizens that were slave owners.

OMM makes an excellent point with the Holocaust. No one tries to put it away somewhere. We shouldn't hide from it. We should embrace it and use it to make us all better.
                  Forcing kids to learn about their countries history should be mandatory. If anything there's been a push to have more controversial points in history textbooks. I'm curious why one side is pushing anti-intellectualism and saying kids these days don't want to learn about the past. Kinda tough to get your history lessons if it's purely at the high school level cuz university is commie hell.

Don't really need to have a statue of the history of the N-word to know it's bad. My knowledge of US confederate history is about nil but I remember reading something (I'll likely be corrected) that a bunch of confederate statues were put up much later than the civil war, which is completely different then say Auschwitz. No one is calling for a Hitler statue so we know he's bad.

Comment

• Cack, please list out all bad things ever, until such time you can't criticize anything else.

Comment

• smh... lo fucking l

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                        I'm sure you've held strong... solid dem, just like MSDNC!
                        Never voted Dem but nice try, guess I'm more conservative than you. I'll try to broaden my horizons. Try to be more fair to the other side. C'mon man that post was objectively hilarious, you're one of the biggest axe grinders on the site.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                          Never voted Dem but nice try, guess I'm more conservative than you. I'll try to broaden my horizons. Try to be more fair to the other side. C'mon man that post was objectively hilarious, you're one of the biggest axe grinders on the site.
                          We've had this same convo before, hence the last bit of sarcasm. I guess I HAVE to use italics for you, or do you not recall. Point is, my views have changed over time based on life experience (not jumping on the fashionable "cause"), which was the point of the post you responded to with the gif.

Comment

Forcing kids to learn about their countries history should be mandatory. If anything there's been a push to have more controversial points in history textbooks. I'm curious why one side is pushing anti-intellectualism and saying kids these days don't want to learn about the past. Kinda tough to get your history lessons if it's purely at the high school level cuz university is commie hell.

Don't really need to have a statue of the history of the N-word to know it's bad. My knowledge of US confederate history is about nil but I remember reading something (I'll likely be corrected) that a bunch of confederate statues were put up much later than the civil war, which is completely different then say Auschwitz. No one is calling for a Hitler statue so we know he's bad.
                            Well most statues and monuments that commemorate a war or soldier typically go up afterwards and not during. Take a trip to Andersonville some time. A very awesome and humbling experience. Plenty of monuments and statues honoring both sides. You don't hear people in the south clamoring to have the ones honoring the north taken down.

Comment

• Reading through Notre Dame Magazine (linked) I was struck by this one, which seems to fit into a Culture thread.

This Side of Paradise
                              The uplifting saga of the inmate’s quest to reveal John Milton’s secret code

Ran across this from the Greensburg Daily News, which fits here too.

John Hessler: Dabbled our feet, catching crawdads
                              Where Are They Now?

Comment

• We went to a wedding a while back in a small town in a rural area where most people farmed or ranched and where the groom's family had lived for decades. The church was small with most of the town attending. For the reception everyone brought pot-luck to the Grange Hall. A pretty homogenous culture where most were Catholic and many were related to each other. That's the type of community and culture which once dominated America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                                  We went to a wedding a while back in a small town in a rural area where most people farmed or ranched and where the groom's family had lived for decades. The church was small with most of the town attending. For the reception everyone brought pot-luck to the Grange Hall. A pretty homogenous culture where most were Catholic and many were related to each other. That's the type of community and culture which once dominated America.
                                  My bro-in-lawís family just attended a similar wedding. Of course, during the pandemic they were wary of potluck & or buffet b/c of COVID spread. They were nervous about the lack of mask compliance since it was super rural & farming community. They survived but they grew up in that small town farm community & couldnít wait to get out. My bro-in-law farmed his ass off thinking the old adage ďthe harder i work, the more successful Iíll beĒ. He soon realized, in farming; thatís not the case so he went back to school and got a finance degree. Best move he ever made.

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...204425621.html

You can’t make this up. The professionally outraged never slow down. Good luck to her students.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                      My bro-in-lawís family just attended a similar wedding. Of course, during the pandemic they were wary of potluck & or buffet b/c of COVID spread. They were nervous about the lack of mask compliance since it was super rural & farming community. They survived but they grew up in that small town farm community & couldnít wait to get out. My bro-in-law farmed his ass off thinking the old adage ďthe harder i work, the more successful Iíll beĒ. He soon realized, in farming; thatís not the case so he went back to school and got a finance degree. Best move he ever made.
                                      Farming has a lot of external factors outside of your control that will dictate a lot of success. I think its also generally something that takes years before seeing the better results.

I got a finance degree too. Wish I did accounting lolol
                                      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                        Farming has a lot of external factors outside of your control that will dictate a lot of success. I think its also generally something that takes years before seeing the better results.

I got a finance degree too. Wish I did accounting lolol
                                        Trust me...I”m well aware. My father-in-law farmed his whole life before having to declare bankruptcy. The Weather Channel is “must see” TV for farmers. When they’re not in the fields, they’re at the banks on their knees begging for loans. They are at the mercy of the markets where they sell their yield and they are at the mercy of the weather.

BTW, my Bro-in-law waited until his wife finished her Masters before taking an aptitude test & interviewing professionals which convinced him to land on finance. He has a thriving business today and loves what he does. Loving what you do is half the battle..

Comment

• Originally posted by tommyIRISH23 View Post
                                          https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...204425621.html

You canít make this up. The professionally outraged never slow down. Good luck to her students.
                                          I know plenty of poor folks....they too wear coats when its cold outside lol. Where do they find these people lmaoo
                                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                            Bogs' excellent "Economic stimulation..." thread has sort of become a catch-all for serious, off-topic, non-political threads, so I'm starting this one to keep that more focused on Economics.

Vanity Faire's Nancy Jo Sales just published an article titled "Tinder and the Dawn of the 'Dating Apocolypse'":
                                            So I clicked on this thread and it took me back to page one. Wild to see this stuff a few years later. Since the early pages were some of us sharing our experience with dating apps, I figured we are about due for an update.

Tinder is largely out of the picture these days from what my young whippersnappers at school tell me. I recall Bumble becoming a thing, I think it was supposed to be a bit more female centric, if you matched, the girl had to message you first and you had a limited period of time to respond....a day or two I think?

Later, Hinge showed up. I dabbled with Hinge. I think it is geared more towards young professionals and specifically asks you what you are looking for, also you have a limited number of "likes" per day so I think it is sorta geared towards not being a tinder where you swipe on everyone. There is something called Ship for people who went to "elite" schools but my friend went to Wisconsin and she had no problem getting on there. I'm not sure what that is all about. I know she showed us horny messages from not-so-gentlemen received at like 9AM so maybe the venue has changed but the behavior has not.

There was a Whiskey post in here about his friend leaving NYC to go to Chicago to try and get to a better dating life. That was followed by a series of rebuttal posts with some suggesting Chicago and some smaller midwest metros would not be any different. These type of anecdotes are a big reason I'm trying to get back to the Plains after school. Obviously more to it, would like to have a house, be close to work, family, etc.

Curious to see what any other "young" posters' experiences have been. And I think we are all do for a Brick update.....someone needs to put up the signal so we can get some feedback from him. If I recall, Buster...I mean Bilbo...is around my age. Toronto is a bit younger I think. Some others as well.
                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

So I clicked on this thread and it took me back to page one. Wild to see this stuff a few years later. Since the early pages were some of us sharing our experience with dating apps, I figured we are about due for an update.

Tinder is largely out of the picture these days from what my young whippersnappers at school tell me. I recall Bumble becoming a thing, I think it was supposed to be a bit more female centric, if you matched, the girl had to message you first and you had a limited period of time to respond....a day or two I think?

Later, Hinge showed up. I dabbled with Hinge. I think it is geared more towards young professionals and specifically asks you what you are looking for, also you have a limited number of "likes" per day so I think it is sorta geared towards not being a tinder where you swipe on everyone. There is something called Ship for people who went to "elite" schools but my friend went to Wisconsin and she had no problem getting on there. I'm not sure what that is all about. I know she showed us horny messages from not-so-gentlemen received at like 9AM so maybe the venue has changed but the behavior has not.

There was a Whiskey post in here about his friend leaving NYC to go to Chicago to try and get to a better dating life. That was followed by a series of rebuttal posts with some suggesting Chicago and some smaller midwest metros would not be any different. These type of anecdotes are a big reason I'm trying to get back to the Plains after school. Obviously more to it, would like to have a house, be close to work, family, etc.

Curious to see what any other "young" posters' experiences have been. And I think we are all do for a Brick update.....someone needs to put up the signal so we can get some feedback from him. If I recall, Buster...I mean Bilbo...is around my age. Toronto is a bit younger I think. Some others as well.
                                              I'm late 20's so maybe around your age too? I think somebody thought I was an old crotchety man way back lol[/QUOTE]

I would rank the main three as such:

1.Hinge - Cream of the crop, the way it forces you to "like" something on their profile makes the match more interesting.
                                              2.Bumble - Hit or miss, find it loses it's luster very quick. The whole 1 day to message thing is stressful lol
                                              3.Tinder - Bot central, terrible time. I did date someone from it for a couple months way back

I think I've had a short term relationship from each of them? Mind you, it was mostly from Uni days. If you live in a big city I think they're kind of redundant - you can meet someone anywhere, but for a small town or smallish city I think they work best.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...204425621.html

You can’t make this up. The professionally outraged never slow down. Good luck to her students.
                                                You can't fix stupid!

Comment

You should give grindr a shot. Rack 'em was going on and on a while back about how he met some really incredible people on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post

You should give grindr a shot. Rack 'em was going on and on a while back about how he met some really incredible people on it.
                                                    Seems like a great place so far. All these guys are so nice.
                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post

How do we give reps up in this mofo now?

Comment

• And where's my profile pic?

Comment

• Originally posted by irishog77 View Post

How do we give reps up in this mofo now?
                                                          You click the "like" button on the post in the bottom right corner.

For your profile pic, if it didn't transfer over for some reason then you need to add it again. Go to your profile drop down menu in the top right and click My Profile -> Edit Avatar

Comment

• Chief of Cherokee Nation Says 'It's Time' for Jeep to Stop Using Name

"The best way to honor us is to learn about our sovereign government, our role in this country, our history, culture, and language and have meaningful dialogue with federally recognized tribes on cultural appropriateness."
                                                            Doesn't matter to me if Jeep drops the name, but I don't even think of them when I see a commercial. Take away the names and symbolism and they will become an after thought. I doubt anyone is going to do much research and learn about the group after they get out of HS IMO.

Comment

• [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/robkhenderson/status/1364285050834079748?s=19[/TWITTER]

Somewhere, Whiskey smiles. Women admit they want to stay home to raise the kids.
                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• the guy has to walk away from his band to reflect on the harm he has caused because he read and tweeted about a book he read condemning Antifa. Is there any more to this story?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...141414144.html

Comment

the guy has to walk away from his band to reflect on the harm he has caused because he read and tweeted about a book he read condemning Antifa. Is there any more to this story?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...141414144.html
                                                                  Andy Ngo.

He also did it himself, didn't "have to" walk away. The band has been supporters of Jordan Peterson who is more of a grey area guy then Ngo.

Comment

Andy Ngo.

He also did it himself, didn't "have to" walk away. The band has been supporters of Jordan Peterson who is more of a grey area guy then Ngo.
                                                                    Every "outrage" I've seen with Peterson has made no sense to me. I dont follow Andy Ngo close enough to comment much on him.

Spell gray right in the future f'ing heathen
                                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Don't forget, it's okay to condemn groups on the right because everyone of them is racist and bias. Antifa has our best interest in mind.

Comment

• Long article but worth a read if you’re concerned about woke orthodoxy spreading its tendrils into every facet of society — https://twitter.com/joenbc/status/13...762367496?s=21

TLDR: Send your kids to Catholic school.

Comment

• Whiskeyjack rn

Comment

Every "outrage" I've seen with Peterson has made no sense to me. I dont follow Andy Ngo close enough to comment much on him.

Spell gray right in the future f'ing heathen
                                                                            He's an academic who uses long-winded speeches to get to his point. I find it hilarious that incels love the guy, meanwhile he's like "yo clean your room and get out of your mom's basement". I personally can't stand the guy (he sounds way too Canadian for me). Grey gray I never know the right one to use, both the same colour to me.

Comment

• Ngo posts a lot of stuff from the Autonomous zones that were in Seattle and now one that has popped up at the George Floyd "Memorial." It's the stuff fake news won't show you, the militant and non-inclusive side of these protestors. More of the "mostly peaceful" bullshit.

Can't embed from phone:
                                                                              https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...806946313?s=09

Comment

He's an academic who uses long-winded speeches to get to his point. I find it hilarious that incels love the guy, meanwhile he's like "yo clean your room and get out of your mom's basement". I personally can't stand the guy (he sounds way too Canadian for me). Grey gray I never know the right one to use, both the same colour to me.
                                                                                Oh about 90% of the time i have no idea what he's saying. Ive tried listening to his podcast a few times, its tough. I much prefer his appearances with more "normal" people, they can usually keep the discussion more concrete, less abstract.. But I appreciate his "rules" and their impact on some young men. Frankly, they need the help and it is amusing how even a little bit of order can improve life dramatically. His accent cracks me up.

EDIT: one of my friends quit his job, moved home because he "wasn't cut out for 9-5, I'm a creator." Spent a bunch of money on podcast equipment, never made a podcast. Decided he wanted to write comic books, spent a bunch of time on that and didn't finish any of them.

Fast forward 3 years and he's a 30 year old living in his parents basement taking some art school classes online. Smoking weed all day, and the highlight of his month is dropping acid. No girls are remotely interested and he's convinced that "actually there just aren't any girls around." His only interaction with anything female is some girls on Instagram who make artsy stuff. "Bro you gotta see this girl, she's from Bakersfield and makes some cool art and she's really hot." Yeah...its totally worthwhile to waste your Friday night dm'ing this girl instead of leaving your house. I digress...

It's sad to see. If Jordan Peterson's little rules and funny accent help guys like him get their shit together, then I'm all for it. It sucks to see a friend who used to put in some effort into life turn into a self-described "incel."

Last edited by NorthDakota; 03-11-2021, 11:39 AM.
                                                                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Oh about 90% of the time i have no idea what he's saying. Ive tried listening to his podcast a few times, its tough. I much prefer his appearances with more "normal" people, they can usually keep the discussion more concrete, less abstract.. But I appreciate his "rules" and their impact on some young men. Frankly, they need the help and it is amusing how even a little bit of order can improve life dramatically. His accent cracks me up.

EDIT: one of my friends quit his job, moved home because he "wasn't cut out for 9-5, I'm a creator." Spent a bunch of money on podcast equipment, never made a podcast. Decided he wanted to write comic books, spent a bunch of time on that and didn't finish any of them.

Fast forward 3 years and he's a 30 year old living in his parents basement taking some art school classes online. Smoking weed all day, and the highlight of his month is dropping acid. No girls are remotely interested and he's convinced that "actually there just aren't any girls around." His only interaction with anything female is some girls on Instagram who make artsy stuff. "Bro you gotta see this girl, she's from Bakersfield and makes some cool art and she's really hot." Yeah...its totally worthwhile to waste your Friday night dm'ing this girl instead of leaving your house. I digress...

It's sad to see. If Jordan Peterson's little rules and funny accent help guys like him get their shit together, then I'm all for it. It sucks to see a friend who used to put in some effort into life turn into a self-described "incel."

Yeah, even some of the people who are further Left than me (tough to believe, eh) listen to his stuff. I personally can't stand most of his stuff. I liked his debate with Zizek (another guy who is incredibly tough to understand) as it was just straight up ideological discussion and not some pissing match.

Yeah those guys are a dime a dozen, unfortunately they don't listen to his "rules" instead they misinterpret the causes and think it's because women are mean. Meanwhile they're some loser neckbeard lmao. I would like to see Peterson push back more on the incels.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                    Ngo posts a lot of stuff from the Autonomous zones that were in Seattle and now one that has popped up at the George Floyd "Memorial." It's the stuff fake news won't show you, the militant and non-inclusive side of these protestors. More of the "mostly peaceful" bullshit.

Can't embed from phone:
                                                                                    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...806946313?s=09
                                                                                    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...antifa-877914/

He has hung out with PB's in the past, got deleted from Quillette for posting fake news, fired from his campus newspaper for misrepresenting an event to promote islamophobia, falsified an event claiming to have cement thrown at him, posted a debunked conspiracy to try and incite violence (https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...-paso-shooting).

Oh, and here's a video of him involved with planning an attack with a far-right group https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awN9J88j4mA.

He's an obvious troll and it's unfortunate so many are hellbent on owning the Libs. Modern day Nigerian prince stuff.

Comment

• People giving Ngo any credence is scary. Dude is just a bad actor.

Comment

• Cant say anything about Andy Ngo, or defend him in anyway. But I can say I've seen him cover Antifa, and we have all seen those Antifia Pos's attack him. Antifa ppl (to quote Tupac Shakur) need to "....die slow and I hope their kids don't grow."
                                                                                        YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                                                                        Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

Andy Ngo.

I am a huge fan of Jordan Peterson.

Comment

• I honestly don't follow anything Ngo says or does outside of his coverage of the protests. I'll link videoes from back when the CHOP was alive, or the recent video of the Autonomous zone now setup at the Floyd Memorial. That's the real stuff the media isn't showing.

Comment

People giving Ngo any credence is scary. Dude is just a bad actor.
                                                                                              But he says the stuff I like!!!!

Comment

But he says the stuff I like!!!!
                                                                                                For me, I have not stayed very up to date on him. I recall there being some wild video clips I found interesting.

People who follow him seem to all have very strong opinions on the guy though lol.
                                                                                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Ngo is fake news. He's got other videos linked from the protest tonight.

Comment

• The guy who's been fired at every job he's had for misrepresenting the truth or hanging out with white supremacists is certainly a great source. If I can't get a good Infowars or Project Veritas video, Andy is my next favorite.

Comment

The guy who's been fired at every job he's had for misrepresenting the truth or hanging out with white supremacists is certainly a great source. If I can't get a good Infowars or Project Veritas video, Andy is my next favorite.
                                                                                                      Yeah I’d be willing to watch his videos covering the Insurrection. If anyone finds those let me know.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X