No announcement yet.

Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ted Cruz situation is pretty funny. I cannot believe how hard he dunked on himself... absolutely crazy to be that self-unaware.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
      The Ted Cruz situation is pretty funny. I cannot believe how hard he dunked on himself... absolutely crazy to be that self-unaware.
      Big ol' whoopsie on his part. I'm pretty sure its being overblown by a multiple of about a thousand, but would have been very easy to avoid. Bad optics.

Governor Cuomo looks like his career is in jeopardy. His aide admitted they did what they were accused and for the reasons they were accused. Alleged to be trying to threaten members of his own party.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

Big ol' whoopsie on his part. I'm pretty sure its being overblown by a multiple of about a thousand, but would have been very easy to avoid. Bad optics.

Governor Cuomo looks like his career is in jeopardy. His aide admitted they did what they were accused and for the reasons they were accused. Alleged to be trying to threaten members of his own party.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
        The Cruz thing is just optics. My guess is the guy had a trip after the impeachment planned and he wanted to get away for a while. It's not like he's a lockdown hypocrite. And seriously, he wasn't going to do anything to make it better, so.... I think he had the right idea, but he's a Republican so throw it on page 1.

As for the Cuomo thing, the story is so bad now that even some of the mainstream media people are talking about it. Covering up data to avoid Trump's tweets and Trump's DOJ action should put him in jail. I have zero, zilch, nada confidence in the FBI to do anything fairly, but maybe they will have no choice. Even AOC is calling for an investigation now!
        Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by drayer54 View Post

The Cruz thing is just optics. My guess is the guy had a trip after the impeachment planned and he wanted to get away for a while. It's not like he's a lockdown hypocrite. And seriously, he wasn't going to do anything to make it better, so.... I think he had the right idea, but he's a Republican so throw it on page 1.

As for the Cuomo thing, the story is so bad now that even some of the mainstream media people are talking about it. Covering up data to avoid Trump's tweets and Trump's DOJ action should put him in jail. I have zero, zilch, nada confidence in the FBI to do anything fairly, but maybe they will have no choice. Even AOC is calling for an investigation now!
          LOL, No.

Text from his wife to her friends.

“Anyone can or want to leave for the week? We may go to Cancun there is a direct flights at 4:45pm and hotels w capacity,”
          There is more here
          https://nypost.com/2021/02/19/heidi-...ors-to-cancun/

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

LOL, No.

Text from his wife to her friends.

There is more here
            https://nypost.com/2021/02/19/heidi-...ors-to-cancun/
            I'd get the hell out too.

Comment

I would chew glass for 70 degrees, sunny, a six pack, and a round of golf with a few friends.
              The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

This wasn’t planned. I couldn’t care less what he does, but he was getting out of town to avoid having to buy some thermal underwear. Trying to convince people it was his kids idea was hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

This wasn’t planned. I couldn’t care less what he does, but he was getting out of town to avoid having to buy some thermal underwear. Trying to convince people it was his kids idea was hilarious.
                  Lol thats not thermal underwear weather. Thats "wear a crew neck and sweatpants weather."
                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Lol thats not thermal underwear weather. Thats "wear a crew neck and sweatpants weather."
                    Don’t need crew necks when you have a mullet

Comment

• Paging Toronto Gold...it's almost like some of these governors are not only power hungry, but enjoy making their citizens suffer under their policies. Crazy right?

https://nypost.com/2021/02/18/new-yo...ong-lockdowns/

New York Times wildly exaggerates NYC’s COVID rates to prolong lockdowns

Comment

• Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                        Paging Toronto Gold...it's almost like some of these governors are not only power hungry, but enjoy making their citizens suffer under their policies. Crazy right?

https://nypost.com/2021/02/18/new-yo...ong-lockdowns/

New York Times wildly exaggerates NYC’s COVID rates to prolong lockdowns
                        You know, this is an opinion piece that is upset with the NYT, right? It's claiming the NYT is misleading people with data. Read that article before getting all hot and bothered.

Anyways, booooo NYT booooo Cuomo! (A place that employs Maggie Haberman, and a guy who writes a book about leadership in the middle of a pandemic when it's not even close to done - don't get any respect from me).

Comment

For those in Texas it sure feels like it! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

You know, this is an opinion piece that is upset with the NYT, right? It's claiming the NYT is misleading people with data. Read that article before getting all hot and bothered.

Anyways, booooo NYT booooo Cuomo! (A place that employs Maggie Haberman, and a guy who writes a book about leadership in the middle of a pandemic when it's not even close to done - don't get any respect from me).
                            That opinion piece doesn't take away from what Cuomo did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post

That opinion piece doesn't take away from what Cuomo did.
                              It looks like the media that has glorified Cuomo is recognizing that they can't keep covering this up. I hope he ends up behind bars.

Comment

LOL presented with factual evidence that your theory of bad optics was wrong, and you do a 180.

Comment

• Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post

LOL presented with factual evidence that your theory of bad optics was wrong, and you do a 180.
                                  It was bad optics. Nobody at ERCOT wanted a phone call from him. Nobody at MISO. Nobody at Entergy. The hype was to aim the light at a common enemy of the press and the left, which are effectively the same. It's not like he covered anything up or was a stay-at-home hypocrite.
                                  Last edited by drayer54; 02-23-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

It was bad optics. Nobody at ERCOT wanted a phone call from him. Nobody at MISO. Nobody at Entergy. The hype was to aim the light at a common enemy of the press and the left, which are effectively the same. It's not like he covered anything up or was a stay-at-home hypocrite.
                                    Of course he's an enemy of the press and the left, that doesn't change the fact that it's terrible optics. He knew it was terrible optics which is why he threw his daughter under the bus.

Comment

• We are having local elections here today. You can hear the crickets now that it's above freezing. The local stuff is so important. Maybe the turnout for the general in April will be better, but this is pretty bad in terms of turnout so far.

The two Republicans running for Highway Commissioner of the Township are both awful. In terms of Trump Effect, five Democrats are running for Township Trustee and there are four spots. That hasn't happened since maybe the Civil War. The current Board of Trustees are all Republicans and 3 were elected during the Civil War. Should be interesting.

It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                        We are having local elections here today. You can hear the crickets now that it's above freezing. The local stuff is so important. Maybe the turnout for the general in April will be better, but this is pretty bad in terms of turnout so far.

The two Republicans running for Highway Commissioner of the Township are both awful. In terms of Trump Effect, five Democrats are running for Township Trustee and there are four spots. That hasn't happened since maybe the Civil War. The current Board of Trustees are all Republicans and 3 were elected during the Civil War. Should be interesting.
                                        I love that goofy local positions are run for with party affiliations. Like what the hell is the letter next to their name gonna tell us?
                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

I love that goofy local positions are run for with party affiliations. Like what the hell is the letter next to their name gonna tell us?
                                          Some are, some are not depending on where you live. The village elections, for example, they are non partisan. As is school board, and right now if there is anything where I want to know the letter behind their name, it's school board.

Township level you have to run partisan. You can run independent, but they require you to get triple the signatures in order to get on the ballot.

Some of the township highway commissioners in this area are the biggest crooks around. Six figure salaries and they're as corrupt as big city politicians. It's crazy.
                                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Liberal COVID darling and CNN icon Andrew Cuomo is finally making some news. Imagine if he went to Cancun.

https://medium.com/@lindseyboylan4NY...o-e664d4814b4e
                                            EvAD32-XcActCRe.png

Comment

Liberal COVID darling and CNN icon Andrew Cuomo is finally making some news. Imagine if he went to Cancun.

https://medium.com/@lindseyboylan4NY...o-e664d4814b4e
                                              EvAD32-XcActCRe.png
                                              He's as big a narcistic douche as anyone in a government position.

Comment

He's as big a narcistic douche as anyone in a government position.
                                                Yup, pretty much. Almost all are addicted to the power. Will do almost anything to achieve power, will do almost anything to hang on to power. Will use their power for the benefit of one.

Comment

• House Passes Sweeping Gay and Transgender Equality Legislation

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/25/u...ay-rights.html

I am confused why every class cannot be a protected class. Why can't we just say "don't discriminate based on sex, race, sexual orientation, political affiliation, religion?" Someone catch me up as to who we are allowed to discriminate against and who is not protected and why?

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

Yup, pretty much. Almost all are addicted to the power. Will do almost anything to achieve power, will do almost anything to hang on to power. Will use their power for the benefit of one.
                                                    Step 1. Deny, deflect and claim you're misunderstood. Looks like an independent investigator is going to look into the allegations as another woman has come forward. Apparently Cuomo tried to appoint the investigator himself when the AG called "BS"!

From the NY Post.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Sunday tried to explain away allegations of sexual harassment as “jokes” that were misinterpreted as “unwanted flirtation” — as his office caved on the state attorney general’s request to appoint an investigator to probe the claims.

“At work sometimes I think I am being playful and make jokes that I think are funny. I do, on occasion, tease people in what I think is a good natured way,” said Cuomo in a prepared statement.

“I now understand that my interactions may have been insensitive or too personal and that some of my comments, given my position, made others feel in ways I never intended,” he continued. “I acknowledge some of the things I have said have been misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation. To the extent anyone felt that way, I am truly sorry about that.”

The statement came one day after former Cuomo staffer Charlotte Bennett, 25, alleged to the New York Times that the 63-year-old governor made a series of inappropriate remarks that left her convinced he “wanted to sleep with” her.

That claim, in turn, came less than a week after another former staffer, Lindsey Boylan, expanded on accusations she first revealed in December 2020, alleging that Cuomo kissed her on the lips without warning.

While copping to remarks that may have crossed the line, Cuomo on Sunday again denied going any further.

“To be clear I never inappropriately touched anybody and I never propositioned anybody and I never intended to make anyone feel uncomfortable,” he said. “But these are allegations that New Yorkers deserve answers to.”
                                                    Last edited by Irish#1; 03-01-2021, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Cuomo Advisers Altered Report on Covid-19 Nursing-Home Deaths

Changes resulted in a significant undercount of the death toll attributed to long-term-care facility residents.

This is a bigger deal than the #MeToo stuff, IMHO. How is he still in office?

Comment

• With that and the sex scandal, it will be hard to stay in office.

Comment

Cuomo Advisers Altered Report on Covid-19 Nursing-Home Deaths

Changes resulted in a significant undercount of the death toll attributed to long-term-care facility residents.

You know why. The Democrats don’t hold their own people to the same standard.
                                                          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Cuomo Advisers Altered Report on Covid-19 Nursing-Home Deaths

There's a D behind his name.

Comment

• Cuomo's got another accuser.

Comment

Cuomo's got another accuser.
                                                                6 now? The guy is too dense to recognize he needs to resign. The Democrats MeToo hypocrisy is on display here.

Comment

6 now? The guy is too dense to recognize he needs to resign. The Democrats MeToo hypocrisy is on display here.
                                                                  I suspect the Dems WANT this to take him down. He's already in a tough spot with the covid stuff, but they don't want that to be the thing that gets him. They held him up as the perfect example of how to do covid, and its really hard to defend that now without looking like an idiot.

But they can sorta brush that to the side and #MeToo him. He's gonna resign or get impeached because of the MeToo stuff rather than lying about dead grandparents....and thats a shame.

I really don't like the MeToo method of getting people to resign. Just seems like its too unwieldly and as we've seen in the past, ends up trashing people for ALLEGED behavior that isn't always even that bad.

I feel bad for his daughters. This must be hell for them. Dad's alleged creepiness just getting put on blast. Not good and will unfortunately follow them around for a long time.

I cant blame the dude for going after some younger tail but my God dude. The audacity....hes like 40 years older than these women.
                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Amazing only Conservatives and Republicans can be racist or sexually harrass/assault people.

Comment

I suspect the Dems WANT this to take him down. He's already in a tough spot with the covid stuff, but they don't want that to be the thing that gets him. They held him up as the perfect example of how to do covid, and its really hard to defend that now without looking like an idiot.

But they can sorta brush that to the side and #MeToo him. He's gonna resign or get impeached because of the MeToo stuff rather than lying about dead grandparents....and thats a shame.

I really don't like the MeToo method of getting people to resign. Just seems like its too unwieldly and as we've seen in the past, ends up trashing people for ALLEGED behavior that isn't always even that bad.

I feel bad for his daughters. This must be hell for them. Dad's alleged creepiness just getting put on blast. Not good and will unfortunately follow them around for a long time.

I cant blame the dude for going after some younger tail but my God dude. The audacity....hes like 40 years older than these women.
                                                                      There was a pretty good disparity of about 30 years between Monica and Bill. Quite a few NY lawmakers are calling for him to step down.

Comment

• Heard on the news Matthew McConaughey is considering running for office.

Comment

• Politics seems like a good field for actors past their prime to jump into. When your career is starting to wind down and the demand isn't quite there anymore just run for office in a left leaning community. You'll have the name recognition and popularity to back you up, probably don't have to spend a lot in advertising.

Comment

You know better than that. The dems and hypocrisy that would never happen. I wouldn’t vote for my own families they decided to run as a Democrat. They are ruining this country day by day.
                                                                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                              Politics seems like a good field for actors past their prime to jump into. When your career is starting to wind down and the demand isn't quite there anymore just run for office in a left leaning community. You'll have the name recognition and popularity to back you up, probably don't have to spend a lot in advertising.
                                                                              Same goes for Republicans lol. I mean....we did just have Donald Trump of all people as POTUS
                                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Same goes for Republicans lol. I mean....we did just have Donald Trump of all people as POTUS

Not really an actor though. More of a celebrity. Perhaps splitting hairs, but celebrity types are not as known for ALL being left. Most, but not quite as prevalent as actors from that Godless wacky fruit land California.

Comment

• Actors typically lean to the left, but Reagan did okay.

Comment

• I'm not really sure what McConaughey's politics are. He certainly doesn't seem like a typical far left Hollywood type. He's supposedly very religious and spoken out very strongly against the far left. That doesn't necessarily make him a conservative either, but he sure appears to be somewhere far to the right of most of Hollywood.
                                                                                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• https://apple.news/AQeXDz0wyS-W_cOEGpjP31Q — I thought this Fox News article was pretty spot on, as was Maher. People focus on so much unimportant nonsense rather things that will have long term and short term positive impacts on most Americans. I mostly blame social media which has empowered the loudest and dumbest complainers on both sides of the aisle. These people are who most used to roll their eyes at and find annoying... and now they have a megaphone and strength in numbers.

Comment

https://apple.news/AQeXDz0wyS-W_cOEGpjP31Q — I thought this Fox News article was pretty spot on, as was Maher. People focus on so much unimportant nonsense rather things that will have long term and short term positive impacts on most Americans. I mostly blame social media which has empowered the loudest and dumbest complainers on both sides of the aisle. These people are who most used to roll their eyes at and find annoying... and now they have a megaphone and strength in numbers.
                                                                                        I usually find Maher to be insufferable and full of it, but he's not wrong here. Neither are you. Social media has indeed given a voice and too much power to the most shallow, unintelligent, misinformed, vapid, misled, uneducated, and outright stupid elements of our society.
                                                                                        Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

https://apple.news/AQeXDz0wyS-W_cOEGpjP31Q — I thought this Fox News article was pretty spot on, as was Maher. People focus on so much unimportant nonsense rather things that will have long term and short term positive impacts on most Americans. I mostly blame social media which has empowered the loudest and dumbest complainers on both sides of the aisle. These people are who most used to roll their eyes at and find annoying... and now they have a megaphone and strength in numbers.
                                                                                          I’ve pretty much ignored social media for quite a few years now. An occasional look at Twitter (sports related only) is about it. Haven’t missed it a bit.
                                                                                          Last edited by Irish#1; 03-16-2021, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post

I usually find Maher to be insufferable and full of it, but he's not wrong here. Neither are you. Social media has indeed given a voice and too much power to the most shallow, unintelligent, misinformed, vapid, misled, uneducated, and outright stupid elements of our society.
                                                                                            The generals and DOD didn't go after him like they did Tucker when he pointed out similar thoughts last week.They were both spot on.

Did y'all see House Dems are literally trying to steal the IA-02 House seat from Rep. Miller-Meeks?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democra...ct-11615592111

Comment

This is something I think we can all agree on. It's gotten to a point where I look at social media and I ask myself, "Why?" There is nothing to be gained, and the stupidity runs rampant all over. I jumped into Twitter at first to follow recruiting and some former players, but it's just not even worth it. You occasionally have some entertaining personalities like a Bruce Campbell or whatnot, but they're few and far between.

Comment

The squeky wheel gets the grease. You never or rarely see the best side of someone of FB. It was a way to connect but now its a way to just shout random baseless thoughts. With every like or retweet or comment you can literally see people get more and more emboldened to spew whatever ignorant thought pops out. Also with every argument people dig further and further into their misguided thoughts.

I think we have to ask what is the cost/benefit of social media and how do fix it.

Comment

The generals and DOD didn't go after him like they did Tucker when he pointed out similar thoughts last week.They were both spot on.

Did y'all see House Dems are literally trying to steal the IA-02 House seat from Rep. Miller-Meeks?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democra...ct-11615592111

Close races may forever be contested, at least its been the trendy thing to do lately.

Comment

A lot of those people take their cue from SM. Like him or not, everyone should be very concerned about what FB did to Clay Travis after he had Trump on the show.

Clay Travis to Congress: Facebook censorship removed 68% of Outkick's audience

Clay Travis, a radio host and the founder of sports media website Outkick.com, testified to Congress on Friday about the power of Big Tech censorship, accusing Facebook of "content-based speech discrimination" against his media company.

Travis was invited by the House Judiciary subcommittee on antitrust, commercial and administrative law to speak to the relationship Big Tech shares with the media as Congress considers legislation that would allow media outlets to collectively negotiate ad rates with tech companies like Google or Facebook.

In his opening statement, Travis provided the subcommittee with examples of how Facebook allegedly punished Outkick's traffic for posting positive coverage of former President Donald Trump and heterodox opinions from medical experts on COVID-19 lockdowns.

On August 11, President Trump was a guest on Travis' radio program, joining the show to discuss the importance of playing college sports in the fall. Articles covering what the president said about the NBA, the NFL, and college sports were published on Outkick's website.

"The day after that interview Facebook tanked our traffic," Travis said. "The next day and over the next week, Facebook removed 68% of our audience, 76% of our new users. That cost my company hundreds of thousands of dollars."

Travis provided documents to the subcommittee showing the precipitous decline in Outkick's traffic during the timeframe he mentioned.

"To me, it was clear content-based speech discrimination," Travis said. "Facebook didn't like that we had the president of the United States on our radio program and they also didn't like that the majority of the coverage of that interview was positive, which as a sports fan, it's hard to be negative when the favor of the president is aligned with games actually being played."

He warned Congress of the "overwhelming power" that Big Tech holds over media companies, giving a second example of how he says Facebook discriminated against certain speech.

In February, Outkick published an article covering an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal by Dr. Marty Makary, a professor at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine & Bloomberg School of Public Health. In the op-ed, Makary argued that herd immunity was responsible for COVID-19 cases falling and predicted that the United States would reach herd immunity against the virus sometime in April.

"Certainly some scientists and doctors agree with that, certainly some scientists and doctors disagree with that opinion. We wrote about that editorial opinion on our website," Travis said. "Within a matter of days, we received a notification from Facebook with the downright Orwellian subject, 'Important Notification: Misinformation Violation.' Facebook told us we were not allowed to share the opinion of a doctor on our website because they said it was a fact-checked inaccuracy.

"It was, members of the subcommittee, AN OPINION. An opinion of a reasoned and well-learned doctor. That is what the scientific method is, we argue about what the truth is in this country with an idea that we reach a better conclusion. Facebook's own fact-checkers labeled our article about an opinion to be factually inaccurate, which is an impossibility."

He continued: "Who checks the fact-checkers? Our traffic declined by 80%, as you can see, as soon as Facebook found this violation. We would all be rightly concerned if the government of the United States was making these kind of decisions. My concern is all of the Big Tech companies now have the same power that China has to regulate the internet in its country.

Comment

• Anyone following Pelosi's attempt to unseat the lady from IA-02?
                                                                                                      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X