Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
    I think you're underestimating what will happen if Section 230 is repealed. There are hundreds of "activists" that Twitter would be forced to ban overnight. For example, literally anyone participating in #StopTheSteal which has led to death threats against poll workers, technicians, and election officials would have to be banned by Twitter less Twitter get sued over the consequences of permitting their speech on their platform. All companies will look to cover their asses and err on the side of caution which means bans and ubiquitous censorship of any topic their lawyers feel gives them exposure. Is there comparable content on the left right now? The closest thing would be ANTIFA + property destruction.

People like Ben Shapiro, who don't push libelous or dangerous talking points, will be fine regardless of what happens with Section 230. Marjorie Taylor Greene will not. There are a lot more of her than there are of Ben. You will see widespread deplatforming of right wing social media accounts without Section 230... and worse, there will be no option to form an alternative (e.g. Parler) because the alternative would get sued and shut down as soon as they moved there.
    Lax, I am 1000% OK with deplatforming as many right or left wing nuts as possible. It wouldn't just be anitfa. I think you underestimate (or simply overlook) the numbers on the left accepting, excusing, and promoting illegal activity. BLM does plenty of that too. They can take Shapiro, Hannity, Maddow, Fredo, etc.. wouldn't bother me one tiny bit.

The best thing to come out of it, there would be less crazy (both sides). So we'd be limited to the occasional in person protest of crazies, instead of being overwhelmed with them on SM daily.

Perhaps they'd be nice enough to drop the hammer on unsubstantiated claims like "Hunter's laptop and emails are Russian disinformation".
    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
      It's really sad that there is almost zero non partisan sources right now. Reuters, which I loved for many many years, has even taken a turn left.

It's all propaganda at best now.
      Bump

No. They just piss on Trump and Maga extremists. And it's deserved.
      It's all warranted. Trump's a bitch as are his loyalists.
      Last edited by arahop; 01-07-2021, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by arahop View Post
        I remember my freshman year too.
        Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
          I remember my freshman year too.
          Sounds more like terrible twos...

Comment

Tell us how you really feel.

It shouldn't be outlandish to ask for media that reports factual news without the spin, but it's getting harder and harder to find. People want to feel good in their echo chambers.

Some people just want to hate on the other side simply because the views are different than their own. That's nothing but bigotry, and the media does nothing but stoke that hate day in and day out. It's no wonder the divide has gotten so bad over the last few decades.

Comment

Congratulations you are the problem with this cuntry.

Comment

I think you're underestimating what will happen if Section 230 is repealed. There are hundreds of "activists" that Twitter would be forced to ban overnight. For example, literally anyone participating in #StopTheSteal which has led to death threats against poll workers, technicians, and election officials would have to be banned by Twitter less Twitter get sued over the consequences of permitting their speech on their platform. All companies will look to cover their asses and err on the side of caution which means bans and ubiquitous censorship of any topic their lawyers feel gives them exposure. Is there comparable content on the left right now? The closest thing would be ANTIFA + property destruction.

People like Ben Shapiro, who don't push libelous or dangerous talking points, will be fine regardless of what happens with Section 230. Marjorie Taylor Greene will not. There are a lot more of her than there are of Ben. You will see widespread deplatforming of right wing social media accounts without Section 230... and worse, there will be no option to form an alternative (e.g. Parler) because the alternative would get sued and shut down as soon as they moved there.
                I would be totally fine with tightening down the screws several levels. Theoretically, it would force more fair reporting from both sides.

Comment

Honestly, do you ever read what you type before hitting send?
                  The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• Attacks in Oregon, Arrests

It started innocently enough with Gov. Kate Brown called lawmakers back to the capitol Salem days before Christmas to extend the state’s eviction moratorium, create a compensation fund for landlords and allocate more money for the state’s COVID-19 response and wildfire recovery work. Lawmakers are also considering proposals to shield schools from coronavirus lawsuits, allow restaurants and bars to sell to-go cocktails and cap the delivery fees they pay to third-party platforms. A closed session to the public due to because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Live streaming the session outside. The local and state police were there to insure order.

After exercising their First Amendment rights in the morning, the afternoon brought violence. Protestors broke windows in doors, assaulted police, sprayed them with chemicals, called them names, assaulted journalists filming them and refused orders to disperse, declaration of unlawful assembly was declared and arrests were made - assault, criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct, suspicion of unlawful use of mace and being a felon in possession of body armor, with a fifth perp being sought by state police for the break-in. Businesses owned by blacks had been targeted by hate groups and disrupted. A BLM flag-waver was pushed down the steps of the Capitol with an ensuring fistfight on other AAs. Some protestors carried weapons.

One state senator, Dallas Heard from Roseburg, invoked God and the Bible, quoting the Book of Samuel to the head of the Senate, that the legislative session was a "campaign against the people and the children of God.” and the “adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces” and “This is (God’s) kingdom, not yours.” He further said that the session was an “unchecked assault" on American freedom. After chastising Courtney for doing “such great evil to my people” and requiring rather than asking lawmakers to wear face coverings, Heard removed his mask and left the Rotunda. He had spoken to the rally protestors in the morning. The rally was called by Patriot Prayer leader, Joey Gibson, who was in attendance and whose felony trial is pending.

For Oregonians this is reminiscent of the Republican Senators walkout joined by House Republicans on bills that would have curtailed religious and philosophical exemptions to vaccinations and another bill would have required gun owners to lock away their guns when not in use and would have made it illegal for Oregon residents under 21 to purchase firearms among some bills that would reduce greenhouse gases. In response to Brown sending State Police to bring the legislators back to Salem, Republican Oregon Senator Brian Boquist said: "Send bachelors and come heavily armed. I'm not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon." Two right wing extremist groups the 3 percenters and the Oath Keepers who said "Gov. Brown, you want a civil war, because this is how you get a civil war". That session was canceled due to a warning from the state police of a "possible militia threat". Stickers with Kate Brown's picture on a Wanted poster were noted in downtown Salem this past week.

The Covid relief bills for Oregon individuals, landlords and businesses were passed despite the disorders and arrests.
                    Last edited by Legacy; 12-23-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Prior to the bipartisan Covid relief bill just passed the Oregon legislature linked above, in August the legislature allocated $500 checks from the created Emergency Relief Fund in a direct distribution of federal CARES Act money. These were intended for 70k needy meeting qualifications. Some went away without a check as the money ran out.

To be eligible, a person must:

-Be a current resident of Oregon and 18 years or older.
                      -Be able to prove their identity and that they are an in-state resident.
                      -Attest that they are experiencing severe financial hardship directly or indirectly due to the Governor’s Stay Home, Save Lives executive orders.
                      -Have earned $4,000/month or less pre-tax prior to their income loss due to COVID-19.
                      -Not have received all unemployment payments they are owed.

Oregon runs out of $500 emergency relief payments

Excerpt:
                      “I think if we did anything wrong, we didn’t allocate enough money,” House Speaker Tina Kotek said at an afternoon press briefing.

Still, both Kotek, D-Portland, and Senate President Peter Courtney, D-Salem, seemed shaken by the stark display of need that was evident in lines of people snaking around the state.

“This brought to me a reality of the magnitude of the pain out there and suffering,” Courtney said. “I knew it existed, but now I saw the faces. I saw the lines.”
                      Last edited by Legacy; 12-22-2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I remember when Net Neutrality was going to ruin the internet. I don't pretend to know what the answer is but anything that Fs up Big Tech's day is aces in my book.

Comment

• https://www.theonion.com/trump-admin...mpression=true

Comment

• Governors Impeachment Watch

Ohio - Articles of impeachment filed against GOP Ohio governor over coronavirus orders

Michigan - Whitmer impeachment resolution introduced, but key Republicans oppose and
                            -- Michigan House passes bills aimed at limiting Whitmer's power

Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania GOP Lawmakers Incensed Over Coronavirus Response Seek To Impeach Governor
                            - Lawmaker reintroduces impeachment resolution for Pennsylvania governor

New Hampshire - New Hampshire Republicans want to impeach the state's GOP governor for requiring people to wear a mask in public places

Kentucky - Why Some Conservatives Want to Impeach Andy Beshear

Other legal pursuits:

Oregon - Not yet, but God is on their side. Oregon senator rips off mask, tears into Democratic leadership over coronavirus protections

“This is His kingdom, not ours,” Heard said during the morning session. “The days of your unchecked assault against our freedoms and His children is over. You have oppressed the free peoples of Oregon.”
                            - The Oregon Senator against masks represents Douglas County where: A person who went to work while sick is likely the cause of two separate Covid-19 outbreaks in Oregon

Texas - Rep. AG appointed special branch for lawsuits. https://www2.texasattorneygeneral.go...on%20divisions. Office of Special Litigation
                            The Office of Special Litigation (OSL) is charged with overseeing and handling matters of affirmative policy litigation for the Attorney General of Texas that may not otherwise fall within the scope of existing litigation divisions. Consequently, OSL works closely with the Office of the Solicitor General and other civil litigation divisions within the OAG on handling or coordinating trial litigation and assisting with appeals.
                            Andy Ngo’s lawsuit against Rose City Antifa, protesters can move forward, judge decides

Kyle Rittenhouse lawyer seeking new money, promising lawsuits
                            Last edited by Legacy; 12-24-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• ... bunch of unhelpful political crap. More cheap shots aimed at getting "me" in instead of "them." It is a tribute to how robust our economy is that it can stand carrying such a useless load of idiots (of both stripes) who have no talents nor work ethics to actually HELP us DO anything in our multiple crises.

My Catholicism and Love of Jesus and The Holy Spirit are sorely tested by these indolent crap-wallowers. They take me back to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy where one planet divided itself into three groups and (allegedly) made three great Space Arks --- one for the thinkers, creators, designers, inventors, teachers, artists, musicians, researchers, (ARK A) and one for the true workers, builders, farmers, doctors, nurses, mechanics, painters, repairers etc (ARK C), while everyone else was shepherded into the B ARK. That was the only one actually launched into space.

I have unChristlike thoughts of watching that lift-off with certain B ARKers on one way tickets to a LAND Flowing With HELL and MONEY. ... and no one actually producing anything to buy.
                              Last edited by Old Man Mike; 12-24-2020, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Bless them. Didn't know if we had any left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                                  Bless them. Didn't know if we had any left.
                                  I'm pretty sure there are a decent number of centrist ones, or at least who are willing to be at times. Just not going to hear much about them because they aren't given the same platform as more controversial ones or those that the media wants to hype up.
                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Hope that's right. So many Red/Blue hard splits make me have doubts.

Comment

• The hell with all politicians. They don’t care about us. They recruit us to vote for them yet when it’s time for them to vote for us they screw us. They all are crooked and have illegal stuff going on. The Covid bs has really shown who and what they care about.
                                      Last edited by irishff1014; 12-25-2020, 12:34 PM.
                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                        The hell with all politicians. They don’t care about us. They recruit us to vote for them yet when it’s time for to vote for us they screw us. They all are Crocked and have illegal stuff going on. The Covid bs have really shown who and what they care about.
                                        this

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                          this
                                          I fixed my auto correct lol. Shew I that was bad.

Comment

• Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                            It's really sad that there is almost zero non partisan sources right now. Reuters, which I loved for many many years, has even taken a turn left.

It's all propaganda at best now.

Bump

It's all warranted. Trump's a bitch as are his

Comment

• Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• South Dakota's Gov Kristi Noem, whom in The Federalist's words, is a "rock star" in the Party, blamed the insurrection at the Capitol on lack of civics education.
                                                “We have an opportunity to address the root cause of this problem: we must reform young Americans’ civic education.”
                                                Mitch McConnell said today,
                                                “The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people.”
                                                McConnell also said
                                                “the last time the Senate convened, we had just reclaimed the Capitol from violent criminals who tried to stop Congress from doing our duty.”
                                                and
                                                “They tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government, which they did not like.”
                                                and
                                                “But we pressed on. We stood together and said an angry mob will not get veto power over the rule of law in our nation, not even for one night. We certified the people’s choice for their 46th president.”
                                                Trump, whom she feted when he came to Mount Rushmore, was not mentioned as any contributor to the mob's actions. Reportedly, Trump asked how he could be added to the figures of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt. Noem gave him a bust with him as the fifth.

Evidently, the Governor is now erecting a fence around the residency? I don't think there is a lot of BLM or Antifa in the state. Are there militia/2A/dom terrorist groups in SD? Maybe there are lots of people who don't have a good civics education that can walk right on up to the Gov residency who may use "fear and viiolence".
                                                Last edited by Legacy; 01-19-2021, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                                                  South Dakota's Gov Kristi Noem, whom in The Federalist's words, is a "rock star" in the Party, blamed the insurrection at the Capitol on lack of civics education.

Mitch McConnell said today,
                                                  McConnell also said and and

Trump, whom she feted when he came to Mount Rushmore, was not mentioned as any contributor to the mob's actions. Reportedly, Trump asked how he could be added to the figures of Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt. Noem gave him a bust with him as the fifth.

Evidently, the Governor is now erecting a fence around the residency? I don't think there is a lot of BLM or Antifa in the state. Are there militia/2A/dom terrorist groups in SD? Maybe there are lots of people who don't have a good civics education that can walk right on up to the Gov residency who may use "fear and viiolence".

BLM trashed some businesses in downtown Fargo, ND. Not sure if they did in Sioux Falls or not, but the Fargo stuff alone shows that BLM is willing to go to areas you would probably not expect.

FWIW, there is going to be some militia/2A types in pretty well every state. I imagine they are more drawn to western states than the Plains, but they exist. I think the Posse Commitatus used to have a presence up here. Not sure if it was very large or not. We got some sovereign citizens here. Those guys are kinda fascinating to see.

If the FBI or DHS is telling folks that there could be demonstrations or attacks or whatever on state government properties, it seems like a logical thing to toss up a fence or ramp up security. Not sure it matters much if they are far left extreme types (BLM/Antifa) or the far-right ones (the QAnon and/or white supremacists, etc).

Safe to presume if stuff happens tomorrow, it will be from the latter rather than the former. But the former has demonstrated they'll do dumb shit in remote areas too.
                                                  Last edited by NorthDakota; 01-19-2021, 03:48 PM.
                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Lol Mitch McConnell turned in to a little bitch over night lol. I can’t wait to see him get hung out to dry.

And his 35 years of service is the exact reason we need term limits.
                                                    Last edited by irishff1014; 01-19-2021, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                      Lol Mitch McConnell turned in to a little bitch over night lol. I can’t wait to see him get hung out to dry.

And his 35 years of service is the exact reason we need term limits.
                                                      Beg your pardon?

No one is stopping you from getting a constitutional amendment effort going to get term limits put in.

Sure hope you aren't from a rural red state... will be a shame when precisely zero small state senators ever rise up and the agenda is completely dictated by senators from California, NY, TX/FL.
                                                      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Arizona is a battleground for control of the GOP. Two years ago, Martha McSally (54%) beat Kelli Ward (27%) and Joe Arpaio (17%) for Jeff Flakes' seat. McSally was supported by GOP party leaders and funding. Ward was Trump's favorite. McSally lost for the remainder of McCain's seat. Despite McSally voting overwhelming for Trump bills, Trump campaigned in 2020 in Arizona with good remarks for Ward, now the head of Arizona's GOP, with lukewarm support for McSally for the Senate seat, which she lost. McSally's "Trump Score", which is how often she voted in line with Trump's positions, was 94.6. The last time Arizona had two Senate seats held by Democrats was 1996.

Gov Doug Ducey appointed John Kyl to fill McCain's seat. When he resigned, Ducey appointed McSally. Ducey would not contest Arizona's votes and their electoral votes went to Biden over Trump. Ducey was re-elected in 2018 with 70% of the vote.

The Arizona GOP with Ward in charge has now censured Flake, Ducey and Megan McCain. Both Flake and McCain have spoken out against Trump. After the Insurrection and Trump's continued claims of voter fraud in Arizona, businesses in Arizona have stopped donations to Republican candidates and over 4000 GOP voters have changed their party affiliation. The Party in Arizona is fractured while demographics are changing. Trump campaigning in Arizona called RINOs "the lowest form of life".

Arizona Reps Andy Biggs and Paul Gosar were vocal supporters of claims of Arizona voter fraud. Biggs and Gosar were two of the organizers of the Rally at the Capitol that resulted in the violent invasion and attempt to stop the electoral vote count there.

Arizona Republicans who lie about the election won't get our businesses' support
                                                        Opinion: Greater Phoenix Leadership has agreed to no longer support the Arizona Republican Party and its members who spread lies to reverse a fair election.
                                                        Jan 11, 2021
                                                        Last edited by Legacy; 01-24-2021, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• Since Biden has taken office last week, the mayor of Chicago, the governor of NY, and the governor of NY all lifted the stay at home orders.

My conclusion is either Biden walks on water, or these politicians were willing to let their people suffer for months because it allowed them to blame Trump and create more government dependency.

Sick, sick, $hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                                                            Since Biden has taken office last week, the mayor of Chicago, the governor of NY, and the governor of NY all lifted the stay at home orders.

My conclusion is either Biden walks on water, or these politicians were willing to let their people suffer for months because it allowed them to blame Trump and create more government dependency.

Sick, sick, $hit.
                                                            Are we really going to pretend that the trend of new cases hasn't massively changed in all of these places since those orders were put in? Across the board we are looking at plateaus and declines.

This is Illinois - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/illinois/ - their 7-day running average is down 63% from their peak on November 13th. The stay at home order was announced the day before that and put in November 16th. It was extended in December through January 10th because the cases were still very high.

The other contributing factor is that most places have done a significant amount of inoculation of high risk populations. Out here, we are on Phase 1C now. Cases are down 30%+ nationwide over the past week and we're vaccinating people and the trends are all going in positive directions.

Comment

Are we really going to pretend that the trend of new cases hasn't massively changed in all of these places since those orders were put in? Across the board we are looking at plateaus and declines.

This is Illinois - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/illinois/ - their 7-day running average is down 63% from their peak on November 13th. The stay at home order was announced the day before that and put in November 16th. It was extended in December through January 10th because the cases were still very high.

The other contributing factor is that most places have done a significant amount of inoculation of high risk populations. Out here, we are on Phase 1C now. Cases are down 30%+ nationwide over the past week and we're vaccinating people and the trends are all going in positive directions.
                                                              Agreed. Would've they reopened when they did had Trump still been in office? Likely, but who knows. I'm all for giving crap to Governors and Mayors for some of their decisions and their spin, but to try to link the timing of these decisions to Biden is a bit far fetched.

Comment

• For all the crocodile tears people within the GOP were shedding over “cancel culture” they sure as shit seem hell bent on cancelling anyone within their ranks who isn’t a complete Trump sycophant and conspiracy theorist nut job.

It’s peak crazy town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluto View Post
                                                                  For all the crocodile tears people within the GOP were shedding over “cancel culture” they sure as shit seem hell bent on cancelling anyone within their ranks who isn’t a complete Trump sycophant and conspiracy theorist nut job.

It’s peak crazy town.
                                                                  Josh Hawley is muzzled!!! He's getting unfairly cancelled!*****Despite being a regular guest on Fox

Comment

• Anyone that even shows professional courtesy to the other side is targeted. This is true of both Democrats and Republicans. As a result, our politics will continue to grow more extreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                                                                      Josh Hawley is muzzled!!! He's getting unfairly cancelled!*****Despite being a regular guest on Fox
                                                                      He is being canceled by Missouri and national businesses. Here's a list, probably incomplete:

- Cerner - American supplier of health information technology (HIT) services, devices, and hardware with headquarters in KC, $5.7 Billion in revenue. The PR said it suspend contributions “to any candidate or official who took part in or incited violence last week in Washington, D.C.” Cerner has offices in about 25 countries worldwide.
                                                                      - Hallmark, $4 Billion in revenue, went even further, saying it wanted Hawley and Republican Sen. Roger Marshall of Kansas to return employee campaign donations
                                                                      - two St. Louis-based companies — the utility Ameren Corp. and the financial firm Edward Jones — said they were suspending campaign contributions.
                                                                      - The Chicago-based law firm Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner also announced a halt, at least temporarily, to political contributions. The firm is based in Chicago but is among the largest in St. Louis.
                                                                      - Law firms pausing donations include St. Louis-based 1) Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, which in the 2019-2020 election cycle gave to U.S. Senator Josh Hawley of its home state Missouri and to Senator Ted Cruz of Texas. 2) Squire Patton Boggs, Baker & Hostetler, 3) Hogan Lovells, 4) Holland & Knight, 5) Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, 6) Cozen O’Connor and 7) Kansas City, Missouri-based Polsinelli also said they were pausing PAC contributions.
                                                                      - In their statement, Edwards Jones said it decided to “pause” contributions to all elected officials.“Our PAC has a long history of bipartisan advocacy, and we want to ensure that any elected officials we support share the values and the views of the firm."
                                                                      - David Humphreys, president and CEO of Tamko Building Products in Joplin, Missouri, who has contributed millions to Hawley and other GOP candidates, wrote “Hawley’s irresponsible, inflammatory, and dangerous tactics have incited violence and further discord across America.” Humphries advocates for Hawley to be censured.
                                                                      - Another major Hawley backer of his Senate bid, St. Louis businessman Sam Fox, a former ambassador to Belgium , accused the senator of “reckless pandering”
                                                                      - The student bar association at the University of Missouri law school, where Hawley taught, issued a statement calling for his resignation.
                                                                      - Loews Hotels canceled a planned fundraiser at its Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando for Hawley. The event was listed as being by a Hawley-affiliated political committee, Fighting for Missouri, which raised more than $272,000 for Hawley in the 2020 election cycle according to public records. The event was to cost $5,000 in contributions for a family, $3,000 for a couple and $1,000 for an individual, according to event flier which was posted on social media on Saturday.
                                                                      - Simon and Schuster canceled their book deal with him

His approval ratings in Missouri have gone down to 36%. He already has seen a drop of 12% in approval ratings in Mo before the insurrection at the Capitol. In Missouri, Sen Roy Blunt is more popular than Hawley.

Business Cancel Culture
                                                                      Last edited by Legacy; 01-27-2021, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Yeah, meanwhile State level GOP orgs are censuring the likes of Mitch McConnell for “impugning the presidents honor”. I mean seriously?
                                                                        Last edited by Bluto; 01-27-2021, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                                          Anyone that even shows professional courtesy to the other side is targeted. This is true of both Democrats and Republicans. As a result, our politics will continue to grow more extreme.
                                                                          Big difference between holding elected reps feet to the fire over legitimate policy disagreements as opposed to not going along with bat shit crazy conspiracies.

Comment

• Dem's were ready to string up Feinstein because she talked nice to Graham.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                                              Dem's were ready to string up Feinstein because she talked nice to Graham.
                                                                              Again, due to legitimate policy disagreements not the fact that she didn’t believe the earth was flat.

Comment

Yeah, meanwhile State level GOP orgs are censuring the likes of Mitch McConnell for “impugning the presidents honor”. I mean seriously?
                                                                                Mitch couldn't have done more for the GOP, he's delivered the goods and there's clowns that still think he's not solid? Just incredible stuff.

Comment

For all the crocodile tears people within the GOP were shedding over “cancel culture” they sure as shit seem hell bent on cancelling anyone within their ranks who isn’t a complete Trump sycophant and conspiracy theorist nut job.

It’s peak crazy town.
                                                                                  How so?

Comment

Again, due to legitimate policy disagreements not the fact that she didn’t believe the earth was flat.
                                                                                    Talking nice with a fellow senator is a legitimate policy disagreement?
                                                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                                                      She had the audacity to hug Graham as well.

Comment

Mitch couldn't have done more for the GOP, he's delivered the goods and there's clowns that still think he's not solid? Just incredible stuff.
                                                                                        Lol you'd be shocked. A lot of my friends here hate him and from listening to their reasons, it has an awful lot to do with how effective he is. Some folks would rather have some uber-ptincipled person to in and do absolutely nothing that gives libs anything rather than a guy who routinely wins but will give up some ground on occasion to do so.

Basically, they are a hypothetical set of Alabama fans who want to win games 17-6, they'd rather lose a conference title game 10-3 than win one 56-28, because "a real Alabama team wouldn't give up 28 points."
                                                                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Kill everyone.

We don't even have to have a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                                                            No, however the strong feelings about Feinstein and McConnell are grounded in disagreements over policy and in many cases Feinsteins very real neoliberal and hawkish policy stances not on child abuses rings hiding in pizza parlors, GOP election officials stealing the election for Democrats (that’s the craziest of all), ect....
                                                                                            Last edited by Bluto; 01-27-2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Cases were way down nationwide last summer too, but Dem governors said no dice.

Comment

That's not how any of this works. Do you actually not understand the difference?

Comment

That may be true, but the Governor also knows that the appetite for any further lockdowns from the general public is waning fast. The greater number of people that are grumbling, the greater the chance that lockdowns would be eased or never be implemented again, even in California.

Comment

It’s peak crazy town.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X