• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IrishLion
    replied
    Originally posted by Dale View Post
    Taking notes lol.

I went full nerd and read advanced breakdowns of Kiffin and Joey Brady offense and created a playbook. Wanted Sark in there too but too much RPO and screen
    I created a Tommy Rees playbook, and I was probably overly proud of myself for how faithful it looked to the actual offense this year.

The only issue I had was finding shotgun formations with enough variation on TE alignment and options for motion.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
    There's a straight WR smoke screen that works good out of Y-trips and 5-WR formations.

The tunnel screens and bubble screens are all broke as shit though, regardless of formation.

I understand why bubble screens don't work in the video game, but the tunnel screens were a legit weapon in the '12 and '13 editions of the game. Idk how they got busted over one year of development.
    Taking notes lol.

I went full nerd and read advanced breakdowns of Kiffin and Joey Brady offense and created a playbook. Wanted Sark in there too but too much RPO and screen

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
    Remember when Cardale Jones beat a make a wish kid 98-35 in Madden? ��
    LOL. I had to look it up. Evidently he doubled down when getting harassed by making sure the correct score was reported.

Last edited by ab2cmiller; 03-20-2021, 08:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    the first game they should just clone NCAA 14 with better graphics and then they can work on the bells and whistles for the following year.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    With RPO an improvement to screens is in order. I don’t play Madden so idk if there’s is fine but there’s 500 WR screen type plays and feel like you gotta find the 5 that aren’t totally busted
    There's a straight WR smoke screen that works good out of Y-trips and 5-WR formations.

The tunnel screens and bubble screens are all broke as shit though, regardless of formation.

I understand why bubble screens don't work in the video game, but the tunnel screens were a legit weapon in the '12 and '13 editions of the game. Idk how they got busted over one year of development.

Leave a comment:

• GATTACA!
    replied
    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
    As if. I will body children.
    Remember when Cardale Jones beat a make a wish kid 98-35 in Madden? 😂

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
    I pray that they add RPO plays in the new CFB game. I will be more than happy to add that to my option playbook and beat children into submission slowly online!!!
    With RPO an improvement to screens is in order. I donít play Madden so idk if thereís is fine but thereís 500 WR screen type plays and feel like you gotta find the 5 that arenít totally busted

Leave a comment:

• bkess8
    replied
    I played Madden '20 religiously for a minute. Did an online franchise with three friends. Got good enough that I started playing online matches against random people.

Got good enough at THAT, that I started getting matched up with the dudes that only run three different plays, because they all work and they're all unstoppable. One is a stretch play, the other is one of the RPO variations, and the third is a passing play that has two deep crossers.

That's when I retired from Madden '20 lol.

TL;DR I will beat the children with my old man wisdom and patience... then they'll tell me that they're gonna bang my girl while dropping 50-burgers on me when word gets out about the unstoppable RPO play from a particular alignment.
    I pray that they add RPO plays in the new CFB game. I will be more than happy to add that to my option playbook and beat children into submission slowly online!!!

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    I played Madden '20 religiously for a minute. Did an online franchise with three friends. Got good enough that I started playing online matches against random people.

Got good enough at THAT, that I started getting matched up with the dudes that only run three different plays, because they all work and they're all unstoppable. One is a stretch play, the other is one of the RPO variations, and the third is a passing play that has two deep crossers.

That's when I retired from Madden '20 lol.

TL;DR I will beat the children with my old man wisdom and patience... then they'll tell me that they're gonna bang my girl while dropping 50-burgers on me when word gets out about the unstoppable RPO play from a particular alignment.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Catholic College vs. University of Southern California (TM).

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
    As I mentioned in the video game thread:

ND was always in the game despite not being part of the CLC. They would always have their own logo on the load screen because they would be negotiated independently. I would expect the same with this as well. No way ND wouldn't want to be included if the other major players are in the game.
    I know they are going to be in the game, but it would be funny to say University of Our Lady of The Lake or Vatican State in the game.

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied
    As I mentioned in the video game thread:

ND was always in the game despite not being part of the CLC. They would always have their own logo on the load screen because they would be negotiated independently. I would expect the same with this as well. No way ND wouldn't want to be included if the other major players are in the game.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
    I once played a league with my buddy. We each played our own schedules and then managed to make the final game against each other. He chose San Jose and I chose East Carolina. Unbeknownst to me at the time that ECU team had Chris Johnson as it ls RB. Lol. I crushed the game for multiple seasons.
    The key on the older games was 1000% find the small school team with a competent QB and a fast RB. If you had that, you win.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    I once played a league with my buddy. We each played our own schedules and then managed to make the final game against each other. He chose San Jose and I chose East Carolina. Unbeknownst to me at the time that ECU team had Chris Johnson as it ls RB. Lol. I crushed the game for multiple seasons.

Leave a comment:

• mgriff
    replied
    This is, primarily, another Ultimate Team revenue stream. Temper expectations.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    I am currently still playing Ď14 on the PS3. Have a USF dynasty. The roster updates are best this time of year when they circle back to what ended up happening and not pre season depth charts.

Did a massive realignment and my Sun Belt conference has Tulane, Coastal etc in it. They do a great job at OS besides I was playing in UCONNís stadium lol

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    This is exciting

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
    all you olds who gonna try get back on this after decades away are gonna be monstered when you get online

As if. I will body children.

Leave a comment:

• Armyirish47
    replied
    all you olds who gonna try get back on this after decades away are gonna be monstered when you get online

Why would we need to get on the line?

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied

Leave a comment:

• irishandy
    replied
    College Football 97 on PS1 was my game. Have they said what system the game will come out on?

Leave a comment:

• bkess8
    replied
    Time to dust off the PS3 and get my skills back! Crap State University here I come and I'm bringing the all option offense your way!

Leave a comment:

• Some Irish Bloke
    replied
    I think when you get to 2076 it forces you to retire.

I hit that mark one time with a dynasty where I was just letting it sim entire seasons and doing the offseason stuff to see what kind of wacky rosters I could build.

My favorite was one where I wouldn't recruit any WR's. I'd sign every pass-catching TE I could get, switched them to WR, and then couldn't be stopped when running the ball outside and with options. TE's blocking DB's breaks the game lol.
    What a cheat code! I never thought of doing that. And good, that means I've almost "beat" the game haha

Leave a comment:

• Some Irish Bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by NDVirginia19 View Post
    Jesus Christ, how many national championships?
    A lot - it comes and goes, man. I'm not much of a gamer and if I do play, it's usually NCAA. I'll go weeks without playing if I'm really into a show or a good book, but then sometimes the mood hits and I'll play two or three games in an evening.

I keep it fun by leaving my program after I get them up to a 99 overall and jump ship for some shit team. Right now I'm at Marshall; take over the patsy 70 something overall, build them up, win a few Natties; wash rinse and repeat.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
    I've been waiting for this news for seven long years. But...it will be sad to call it quits on my NCAA '14 dynasty...I'm on year 2071 lol. Been going since college.
    I think when you get to 2076 it forces you to retire.

I hit that mark one time with a dynasty where I was just letting it sim entire seasons and doing the offseason stuff to see what kind of wacky rosters I could build.

My favorite was one where I wouldn't recruit any WR's. I'd sign every pass-catching TE I could get, switched them to WR, and then couldn't be stopped when running the ball outside and with options. TE's blocking DB's breaks the game lol.

Leave a comment:

• rikkitikki08
    replied
    I would be shocked if EA doesn’t figure out something to have ND in the game, They know how big of a brand ND is

Leave a comment:

• ColinKSU
    replied
    They always negotiated a separate deal with Notre Dame for these games. There was always a separate Notre Dame logo in the intro screen that showed all the licenses. This will be no different.

Leave a comment:

• NDVirginia19
    replied
    Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
    I've been waiting for this news for seven long years. But...it will be sad to call it quits on my NCAA '14 dynasty...I'm on year 2071 lol. Been going since college.
    Jesus Christ, how many national championships?

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
    I think it's more likely EA and ND negotiate a sweeter deal separately than ND not being in the game IMO.
    I'll take +5 SPD for all ND RB's in game

Leave a comment:

• Some Irish Bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
    I sure hope we can use our own playbooks that way I can keep running the option from all formations! Trying to ensure a full season with 0 passes while winning a NC!
    I love the spread triple option in the game, that's my jam.

Leave a comment:

• bkess8
    replied
    I figured this deserved its own thread. BKess, fire up the dynasty.
    I sure hope we can use our own playbooks that way I can keep running the option from all formations! Trying to ensure a full season with 0 passes while winning a NC!

Leave a comment:

• Some Irish Bloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    I think it's more likely EA and ND negotiate a sweeter deal separately than ND not being in the game IMO.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    Originally posted by Meatloaf View Post
    Looks like ND, UGA, Oregon, Miami, Wisky and Kentucky are with fermata http://fermatacollege.com/universities/

I get the impression there's no CLC exclusivity and EA is starting there because it's the largest bloc of CFB licenses. Hopefully, they'll negotiate with other licensing companies as well.
    pretty much the way it goes in soccer games (football manager etc) the producers have to negotiate with various football associations/leagues separately to get them into their games

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    If ND isn't in the game not sure I would buy

Leave a comment:

• Meatloaf
    replied
    Looks like ND, UGA, Oregon, Miami, Wisky and Kentucky are with fermata http://fermatacollege.com/universities/

I get the impression there's no CLC exclusivity and EA is starting there because it's the largest bloc of CFB licenses. Hopefully, they'll negotiate with other licensing companies as well.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
    Damn dude
    I'll let you know if it lasts more than four hours

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
    The idea of buying my first NCAA game since Jimmy F'ing Clausen has got me hard as a rock.
    Damn dude

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    The idea of buying my first NCAA game since Jimmy F'ing Clausen has got me hard as a rock.

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    I'll always remember where I was on this day...

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
    It's IUSB's big chance!

Leave a comment:

• Pops Freshenmeyer
    replied
    Looking forwarded to starting a dynasty with South Bend University
    It's IUSB's big chance!

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    Notable non-members from what I can tell

ND
    USC
    Michigan
    Ohio State
    Wisconsin
    Indiana
    Miami
    UGA

Leave a comment:

• bkess8
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryhippo View Post
    Sorry, I've been out of the gaming world for years. What's MUT?
    Madden Ultimate Team

Leave a comment:

• TNUtoNotreDame
    replied
    Until the PS6 comes out 3 years from now with the game
    True, I think my kid will need a PS 6 then. When he goes to college it will be tougher to say it is for him.

My wife will be going to sleep alone for a long time when this gets released. My dynasty needs me.

Leave a comment:

• hungryhippo
    replied
    whats the chances 80% of the dev put into this game will be whatever version of MUT they can monetize to the hills and then neglect the dynasty mode like they have been on madden
    Sorry, I've been out of the gaming world for years. What's MUT?

Leave a comment:

• hungryhippo
    replied
    There is quite literally only one video game that could make me buy a new console for the first time since college.

Never thought I'd see this day.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post
    I am so glad I went rogue and bought a PS 5 "for my son". My wife looked at me like I was nuts, but it was totally worth it.

:)
    Until the PS6 comes out 3 years from now with the game

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    whats the chances 80% of the dev put into this game will be whatever version of MUT they can monetize to the hills and then neglect the dynasty mode like they have been on madden

Leave a comment:

• bkess8
    replied
    I figured this deserved its own thread. BKess, fire up the dynasty.
    First thing that came to mind was our old dynasty days! I hope we can recreate those days again!

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X