No announcement yet.

EA Sports Announce the Return of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I presume Ben Haumiller will be back on this game after he moved over to Madden when NCAA stopped being developed. All the clowny/cosmetic stuff in NCAA like Mascot Mashup's etc are his brainchildren
    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• I hope it's 2022.

The one silver lining if it's 2023 is that it means it's almost certainly not just a Madden reskin. Taking that long would mean they built it from the ground up. Which is a good thing. The further away from Madden it is the better.

Comment

• I downloaded the NCAA14 mod last night for PS3 with a little help from IrishLion and thank god for football geeks! Can't wait for future updates, so far the product is great and added a new freshness to the game. Highly recommend everyone download it!
        GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
          I downloaded the NCAA14 mod last night for PS3 with a little help from IrishLion and thank god for football geeks! Can't wait for future updates, so far the product is great and added a new freshness to the game. Highly recommend everyone download it!
          Nerds
          What did Davonte do?

Comment

I downloaded the NCAA14 mod last night for PS3 with a little help from IrishLion and thank god for football geeks! Can't wait for future updates, so far the product is great and added a new freshness to the game. Highly recommend everyone download it!
            The revamped version?

Was it difficult or not as bad as it looks?

Is Liberty in the game you know by chance? The OS roster update didn’t do them since it does not help with conferences being correct

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
              The revamped version?

Was it difficult or not as bad as it looks?

Is Liberty in the game you know by chance? The OS roster update didn’t do them since it does not help with conferences being correct
              Yes it was the revamped version. You can do it with very little computer skill, just follow the posted instructions on their website and you will be fine.

No Liberty but they do have a discord where you can chat with mods and make recommendations.

Overall it is very worth the hour or so it takes to mod your PS3 and download the game mods for the system!
              GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• I have an itch to play. I assume you cannot download NCAA 13 on a PS 5. Guess I am gonna have to wait.

Comment

Might have to do this when I've got some time.
                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post
                    I have an itch to play. I assume you cannot download NCAA 13 on a PS 5. Guess I am gonna have to wait.
                    yeah gotta dust off your ps3 and have the game disk on hand
                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                      Might have to do this when I've got some time.
                      You won't regret it! It will make you relive all the great dynasty seasons we had!
                      GO IRISH!!!

Comment

You won't regret it! It will make you relive all the great dynasty seasons we had!
                        Underrated part of the mod: it downloads the game directly to your PS3, so you could put the game in its case and lock it away for safe keeping (or sell it, if you're really confident that the mods won't crash and you won't need to re-download in the future).

Comment

• Just got CFB Revamped up and running on the old PS3.
                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Just got CFB Revamped up and running on the old PS3.
                            It is quite the experience the first time you fire it up and hear Juice Wrld start playing over a new intro lol

Comment

I just left North Texas as the OC to take over and rebuild Minnesota as the HC with their new unis. Can't wait to take them from a 1 star to a 6 by the time I'm done!
                              GO IRISH!!!

Comment

It's funny -- I was just about to get into Revamped and then news of EA Sports College Football landed and now I'm like what's the point? My PS3 broke and I replaced it with a 4 or else I would still have it and would definitely set up Revamped, but I don't think it's worth investing in at this point. I'd rather put the money towards a next gen console I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

It's funny -- I was just about to get into Revamped and then news of EA Sports College Football landed and now I'm like what's the point? My PS3 broke and I replaced it with a 4 or else I would still have it and would definitely set up Revamped, but I don't think it's worth investing in at this point. I'd rather put the money towards a next gen console I think.
                                  Shame that your PS3 broke!

I would say though that we have no idea how long it will be until they actually make the new game.

Comment

Shame that your PS3 broke!
                                    Tell me about it -- if it hadn't I would still be using it and NCAA Football '14 would be the last game I purchased lol

I would say though that we have no idea how long it will be until they actually make the new game.
                                    Ugh, this is a good point -- I've read it could be up to three years. If it's going to take that long, I'll likely pursue some Revamped solution -- maybe PC. I just don't see my purchasing a PS3 with me already owning a 4 and a 5 purchase looming sooner than later...

Comment

Tell me about it -- if it hadn't I would still be using it and NCAA Football '14 would be the last game I purchased lol

Ugh, this is a good point -- I've read it could be up to three years. If it's going to take that long, I'll likely pursue some Revamped solution -- maybe PC. I just don't see my purchasing a PS3 with me already owning a 4 and a 5 purchase looming sooner than later...
                                      as long as you still have the game, which it sounds like you do the PS3 should be pretty cheap (as long as you trust a used obviously). The game would cost 4x the cost of the PS3

Comment

I just looked it up for shits and gigs, I can't believe PS3s are still going for that much. Cheapest I found was an auction on Ebay for a used one starting at $80.00, most refurbished are still going to run you $150-200.
                                        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

as long as you still have the game, which it sounds like you do the PS3 should be pretty cheap (as long as you trust a used obviously). The game would cost 4x the cost of the PS3
                                          I don't -- sold it along with my paperweight PS3 when it broke ~7 years ago. Figured the games was useless due to PS4's lack of backwards compatibility :(

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

I just looked it up for shits and gigs, I can't believe PS3s are still going for that much. Cheapest I found was an auction on Ebay for a used one starting at $80.00, most refurbished are still going to run you $150-200.
                                          Yeah, it would be one thing if the next gen release wasn't now officially looming...

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• The easy recruiting guide:
                                              Be Alabama.

Comment

• 1. Weeks 1-4, try to get insta-commits from prospects that have you as their top school
                                                2. Week 5, remove any skill players you don’t lead for
                                                3. Go to the prospect list, sort by % lock
                                                4. Find all of the 4/5-star prospects less than 20% lock
                                                5. Scout them to make sure they aren’t busts
                                                6. Win those recruiting battles easily
                                                7. ????
                                                8. Win championships

Comment

• Dang, is it possible to buy this game for under a hundred dollars? Plus i have to get a PS 3..

Comment

• Originally posted by TNUtoNotreDame View Post
                                                    Dang, is it possible to buy this game for under a hundred dollars? Plus i have to get a PS 3..
                                                    I have checked so many different places and can't find the game. Guess ebay is the only option

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                      1. Weeks 1-4, try to get insta-commits from prospects that have you as their top school
                                                      7. ????
                                                      8. Win championships
                                                      Left out the OT squat trick lol

Comment

1. Weeks 1-4, try to get insta-commits from prospects that have you as their top school
                                                        7. ????
                                                        8. Win championships
                                                        1. Oooooor create the greatest QB that ever lived. Name him Tokyo Sexwale. Make him 6'8" 255 with 99 speed. List him as a punter.
                                                        2. ?
                                                        3.Profit

Comment

• After reading all these posts decided to dust off the xbox 360 and break this game out. Next thing I knew 6 or 7 hours had gone by, it was 1:30am and I was still playing. God I missed that game. LOL

Comment

• The good ol IE Xbox league we had back in the day... Was fun for sure.

Comment

• Big Oof:

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/1363897872115097600[/TWITTER]

Comment

• [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1363898322122080262?s=19[/TWITTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Meatloaf View Post
                                                                  Big Oof:

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/1363897872115097600[/TWITTER]
                                                                  Isn’t this a bit of nothing? The game is largely speculated to wait till NIL rules change. ND wants NIL rules to change so feel like we’re really on the same page here? If anything Jack probably wants ND to be seen as part of the forefront when they do change

Comment

Isn’t this a bit of nothing? The game is largely speculated to wait till NIL rules change. ND wants NIL rules to change so feel like we’re really on the same page here? If anything Jack probably wants ND to be seen as part of the forefront when they do change
                                                                    100% all around

Comment

• Can't hurt recruiting that we are on the forefront arguing for these (well deserved) changes.

Also, I look forward to playing with Northwest Indiana Tech University! The mighty NITU Domers!
                                                                      My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                                        Can't hurt recruiting that we are on the forefront arguing for these (well deserved) changes.

Also, I look forward to playing with Northwest Indiana Tech University! The mighty NITU Domers!
                                                                        Could also hurt recruiting as they won't be able to play themselves or make them on the game.

Not even sure I would want the game unless ND is in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post

Could also hurt recruiting as they won't be able to play themselves or make them on the game.

Not even sure I would want the game unless ND is in it.
                                                                          dont think in 6 iterations of the game i have ever done a ND dynasty. It's 1 star program building dynasties or nothing
                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

I could also see ND flat out refusing to join regardless, based on what we've heard from Jack Swarbrick in regards to NIL rights. He wants to "champion" athletes' rights in regards to NIL, but to him that means not signing a deal with EA if he doesn't think ND athletes are getting a fair share based on their perceived value as members and representatives of the university.
                                                                            Damn I'm good?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

dont think in 6 iterations of the game i have ever done a ND dynasty. It's 1 star program building dynasties or nothing
                                                                              Bingo. Georgia Southern makes Alabama look like Vandy.

Comment

Sometimes I'd start as a coordinator at Notre Dame and then accept a job at like a UCONN to see if I could run it into the ground---errr, build it into a national power.

Comment

Typically I'd start at ND, make them unbeatable, leave after 5/6 years, take over Idaho, play ND first game of season, UPSET CITY!, only take in 2 and 3 star recruits, lose to Colorado St, repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                                    [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1363898322122080262?s=19[/TWITTER]
                                                                                    This still about the Schools. EA could make up every name on the game and give the the rating they want and it would have nothing todo with the players. I still don't understand how going to Division 1, traveling all over hell and creation, free wardrobe's, free healthcare, free housing, and coaches dumping hundreds of hours into them making them better and helping the get the opportunity to make to the NFL with great academics isn't enough.

The new transfer rule is already making it easy for kids to quit on the school that has given these athletes everything. You start paying them and hold a video game hostage for money is going to ruin the game. It'll become the minor league of the NFL in a way.
                                                                                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

This still about the Schools. EA could make up every name on the game and give the the rating they want and it would have nothing todo with the players. I still don't understand how going to Division 1, traveling all over hell and creation, free wardrobe's, free healthcare, free housing, and coaches dumping hundreds of hours into them making them better and helping the get the opportunity to make to the NFL with great academics isn't enough.

The new transfer rule is already making it easy for kids to quit on the school that has given these athletes everything. You start paying them and hold a video game hostage for money is going to ruin the game. It'll become the minor league of the NFL in a way.
                                                                                      If there wasn't a video game, jerseys, pictures of them used for revenue, etc.... You'd be exactly right. However, it's more than what you said anymore. This doesn't mean that the kids are going to be making $10K each for this game. It means getting some kind of compensation for their likeness being used to make sales and to also be able to consent, as adults, to their likeness being used.

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post

If there wasn't a video game, jerseys, pictures of them used for revenue, etc.... You'd be exactly right. However, it's more than what you said anymore. This doesn't mean that the kids are going to be making $10K each for this game. It means getting some kind of compensation for their likeness being used to make sales and to also be able to consent, as adults, to their likeness being used.
                                                                                        Yea, I think the difference is the ability to have ownership over their being (NIL). Imagine if your boss was able to just sell off the rights to your identity to make money and you had no say.

Otherwise I agree that college athletes get an incredible amount of compensation, but for them not to have a say in whether they can be used and profited off of is pretty scummy. Even if they did sign contracts essentially allowing such a thing, it is not like they have much of an option.

Comment

• I think ND is taking a wise long game approach here - they are a national powerhouse who will draw the biggest, most international corporate $$$. Also looking like the good guy promoting players is a good recruiting schtick. If you become the best place to build a brand in a time when you can actually start getting paid for that brand you will secure the top talent. Put the dollars above the table and ND recruiting suddenly becomes more competitive. Still aren't getting them all b/c academics will get in the way but you will see kids will take a pay cut to avoid it rather than paid less to accept it like today.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                                                            I think ND is taking a wise long game approach here - they are a national powerhouse who will draw the biggest, most international corporate $$$. Also looking like the good guy promoting players is a good recruiting schtick. If you become the best place to build a brand in a time when you can actually start getting paid for that brand you will secure the top talent. Put the dollars above the table and ND recruiting suddenly becomes more competitive. Still aren't getting them all b/c academics will get in the way but you will see kids will take a pay cut to avoid it rather than paid less to accept it like today.
                                                                                            This. Totally. I like that Swarbrick is using NDs clout here. ND will have a great national advantage for national branding IMO and this puts them on a good front foot with future players.
                                                                                            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• The danger of NIL changes is rich getting richer - as ND fans that is a great thing. As college football fans it might suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                                                                I think ND is taking a wise long game approach here - they are a national powerhouse who will draw the biggest, most international corporate $$$. Also looking like the good guy promoting players is a good recruiting schtick. If you become the best place to build a brand in a time when you can actually start getting paid for that brand you will secure the top talent. Put the dollars above the table and ND recruiting suddenly becomes more competitive. Still aren't getting them all b/c academics will get in the way but you will see kids will take a pay cut to avoid it rather than paid less to accept it like today.
                                                                                                Agree 100%.

Comment

• So are we all going to play as North Dakota or Alabama in the interim until ND comes back? I like what ND did, but the selfish side of me wanted to rickroll people with ND.
                                                                                                  Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                                                                                                    So are we all going to play as North Dakota or Alabama in the interim until ND comes back? I like what ND did, but the selfish side of me wanted to rickroll people with ND.
                                                                                                    You won’t have to play with anyone other than Notre Dame by release of game

Comment

You won’t have to play with anyone other than Notre Dame by release of game
                                                                                                      This. The game (unfortunately) won't be released until probably 2023, so there's plenty of time for ND to make the relaunched title.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X