No announcement yet.

EA Sports Announce the Return of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played Madden '20 religiously for a minute. Did an online franchise with three friends. Got good enough that I started playing online matches against random people.

Got good enough at THAT, that I started getting matched up with the dudes that only run three different plays, because they all work and they're all unstoppable. One is a stretch play, the other is one of the RPO variations, and the third is a passing play that has two deep crossers.

That's when I retired from Madden '20 lol.

TL;DR I will beat the children with my old man wisdom and patience... then they'll tell me that they're gonna bang my girl while dropping 50-burgers on me when word gets out about the unstoppable RPO play from a particular alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
      I played Madden '20 religiously for a minute. Did an online franchise with three friends. Got good enough that I started playing online matches against random people.

Got good enough at THAT, that I started getting matched up with the dudes that only run three different plays, because they all work and they're all unstoppable. One is a stretch play, the other is one of the RPO variations, and the third is a passing play that has two deep crossers.

TL;DR I will beat the children with my old man wisdom and patience... then they'll tell me that they're gonna bang my girl while dropping 50-burgers on me when word gets out about the unstoppable RPO play from a particular alignment.
      I pray that they add RPO plays in the new CFB game. I will be more than happy to add that to my option playbook and beat children into submission slowly online!!!
      GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bkess8 View Post
        I pray that they add RPO plays in the new CFB game. I will be more than happy to add that to my option playbook and beat children into submission slowly online!!!
        With RPO an improvement to screens is in order. I donít play Madden so idk if thereís is fine but thereís 500 WR screen type plays and feel like you gotta find the 5 that arenít totally busted

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
          As if. I will body children.
          Remember when Cardale Jones beat a make a wish kid 98-35 in Madden? 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
            With RPO an improvement to screens is in order. I don’t play Madden so idk if there’s is fine but there’s 500 WR screen type plays and feel like you gotta find the 5 that aren’t totally busted
            There's a straight WR smoke screen that works good out of Y-trips and 5-WR formations.

The tunnel screens and bubble screens are all broke as shit though, regardless of formation.

I understand why bubble screens don't work in the video game, but the tunnel screens were a legit weapon in the '12 and '13 editions of the game. Idk how they got busted over one year of development.

Comment

the first game they should just clone NCAA 14 with better graphics and then they can work on the bells and whistles for the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                Remember when Cardale Jones beat a make a wish kid 98-35 in Madden? ��
                LOL. I had to look it up. Evidently he doubled down when getting harassed by making sure the correct score was reported.

Last edited by ab2cmiller; 03-20-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

There's a straight WR smoke screen that works good out of Y-trips and 5-WR formations.

The tunnel screens and bubble screens are all broke as shit though, regardless of formation.

I understand why bubble screens don't work in the video game, but the tunnel screens were a legit weapon in the '12 and '13 editions of the game. Idk how they got busted over one year of development.
                  Taking notes lol.

I went full nerd and read advanced breakdowns of Kiffin and Joey Brady offense and created a playbook. Wanted Sark in there too but too much RPO and screen

Comment

Taking notes lol.

I went full nerd and read advanced breakdowns of Kiffin and Joey Brady offense and created a playbook. Wanted Sark in there too but too much RPO and screen
                    I created a Tommy Rees playbook, and I was probably overly proud of myself for how faithful it looked to the actual offense this year.

The only issue I had was finding shotgun formations with enough variation on TE alignment and options for motion.

Comment

I created a Tommy Rees playbook, and I was probably overly proud of myself for how faithful it looked to the actual offense this year.

The only issue I had was finding shotgun formations with enough variation on TE alignment and options for motion.
                      Shouldn't of been hard to find that one go to dive play in all the formations that you can run on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down to open up the game and then punt the ball to the other team!
                      GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mgriff View Post
                        This is, primarily, another Ultimate Team revenue stream. Temper expectations.
                        i am in this boat.

I reckon they will bring back Tebow, Flutie, Mariota, Barry Sanders, Prime, Manziel etc and put them in their UT game mode ala Legends in Madden or Fifa
                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

We did an Irish Envy league back in the day and I am 10000% on board for that again.
                          Last edited by BilboBaggins; 02-03-2021, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
                            We did an Irish Envy league back in the day and I'm am 10000% on board for that again.
                            I remember reading about this and I'd be on board as well.
                            My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by mgriff View Post
                              This is, primarily, another Ultimate Team revenue stream. Temper expectations.
                              Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                              i am in this boat.

I reckon they will bring back Tebow, Flutie, Mariota, Barry Sanders, Prime, Manziel etc and put them in their UT game mode ala Legends in Madden or Fifa
                              Yeah. My biggest fear is this. I'm so sick of the UT's taking up so much of the dev and new features. I mean, FIFA has been around for how long, and we STILL don't have career stats for players in place.

Comment

Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                Yeah. My biggest fear is this. I'm so sick of the UT's taking up so much of the dev and new features. I mean, FIFA has been around for how long, and we STILL don't have career stats for players in place.
                                Get on the Football Manager bandwagon if you want a proper season/career/dynasty football game. :)

I think i saw the other day that EA made 1 billion on microtransactions in Q4 2020. That is just a staggering number. UT modes aren't going away sadly.
                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

Get on the Football Manager bandwagon if you want a proper season/career/dynasty football game. :)

I think i saw the other day that EA made 1 billion on microtransactions in Q4 2020. That is just a staggering number. UT modes aren't going away sadly.
                                  Unfortunately two problems for me with Football Manager:
                                  1, It doesn't come out on Playstation, maybe that'll change in the future. I also, only have a work laptop, so it wouldn't look great putting it on here.
                                  2, I still like to play the actual games too. That's obviously not an option in Football Manager.

That number is insane! I actually don't even know anyone that plays these UT modes either. Most everyone I know yearn for the dynasties, careers, franchises to be the main part again, but with those numbers........

Comment

Unfortunately two problems for me with Football Manager:
                                    1, It doesn't come out on Playstation, maybe that'll change in the future. I also, only have a work laptop, so it wouldn't look great putting it on here.
                                    2, I still like to play the actual games too. That's obviously not an option in Football Manager.

That number is insane! I actually don't even know anyone that plays these UT modes either. Most everyone I know yearn for the dynasties, careers, franchises to be the main part again, but with those numbers........
                                    i have mates who play UT on Fifa religiously, they claim they never spend actual cash on Packs but i am doubtful. The way the game is setup is insane, you have to win games midweek to qualify for "weekend league" where basically you'd spend 12 hours each day on Saturday and Sunday playing online just to win more packs. Then come monday you repeat it all again
                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Leave it to EA... they'll fuck up the only thing that the entirety of Twitter has ever unanimously agreed upon and celebrated.

They'll destroy recruiting and/or the offseason progression, which is arguably the most enjoyable part of a dynasty, or they'll find a way to restrict overall roster flexibility.

Comment

Leave it to EA... they'll fuck up the only thing that the entirety of Twitter has ever unanimously agreed upon and celebrated.

They'll destroy recruiting and/or the offseason progression, which is arguably the most enjoyable part of a dynasty, or they'll find a way to restrict overall roster flexibility.
                                        I just can't see them putting many eggs into the dynasty basket myself. They've promised to overhaul dynasty mode in Madden 2022 but I'd be waiting with baited breath for that
                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

Improvements I'd like to see:

- 85-man rosters. New gen consoles allow for more actual data on the game disc. No reason this shouldn't happen now.

- Realistic player ratings and progression. The value between 5-star guys and 3-star guys needs to be much more dynamic. And 'gems' shouldn't just be guys that have higher OVR's than they're supposed to... They should be guys that progress at faster rates than other players, meaning 3-star gems are realistic developmental guys, and 4/5-star gems are the actual jackpot recruits that you luck into and win championships with, not just guys you easily target with scouting points. A 'bust' can be a guy that comes in with whatever OVR you scouted him at, and then just doesn't really progress at all.

- More neutral-site game options

- Expandable playoff

- No restrictions on conference realignment. You should be able to creat/delete conferences entirely

- Force conference championship games, even for leagues with less than 10 teams (shoutouts to the AAC).

- An actual transfer portal, where you not only try to convince guys to stay, but you try to attract guys with promises of starting jobs, draft position, or championships, too.

- I'd like to say adding positional coaches would be cool, but the HC/OC/DC trees already provided good recruiting and attribute bonuses. You'd simply be pulling back on those to have positional coaches provide bonuses, which would likely be needless fluff.

Comment

all you olds who gonna try get back on this after decades away are gonna be monstered when you get online
                                            Me- NCAA 2004 juggernaut, graduates high school in 2004 and never plays video games again....

Dec 2020- Buys 9-year-old a PS5 for Xmas and is stunned to find out that they no longer make NCAA Football. Reluctantly buys Madden.

Me now- STUNNED at how awesome the controls and graphics are. I literally skipped 16 years entirely. HOWEVER- I still hold my own. I play people online once or twice a week and am definitely holding a winning record. These young punks don't manage the clock like me and usually quit when I run behind big Q during the entire 4th quarter.

EA Sports Challenge to come!
                                            Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

- Realistic player ratings and progression. The value between 5-star guys and 3-star guys needs to be much more dynamic. And 'gems' shouldn't just be guys that have higher OVR's than they're supposed to... They should be guys that progress at faster rates than other players, meaning 3-star gems are realistic developmental guys, and 4/5-star gems are the actual jackpot recruits that you luck into and win championships with, not just guys you easily target with scouting points. A 'bust' can be a guy that comes in with whatever OVR you scouted him at, and then just doesn't really progress at all.

Comment

I basically started self regulating to take care of the above. I’d actively lower my guys overall based off what I remember on the recruiting rankings or if it was like a 5 star I didn’t play didn’t let the computer change a 82 to an 86 by SO year

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Weíre blown away by your passion for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EASPORTSCollegeFootball?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc %5Etfw">#EASPORTSCollegeFootball</a>. We look forward to sharing more information as development progresses in the next couple of years.</p>&mdash; EASPORTSCollege (@EASPORTSCollege) <a href="https://twitter.com/EASPORTSCollege/status/1356727357638344705?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Next couple of years lol
                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

- 85-man rosters. New gen consoles allow for more actual data on the game disc. No reason this shouldn't happen now.

- Expandable playoff

- No restrictions on conference realignment. You should be able to creat/delete conferences entirely

- Force conference championship games, even for leagues with less than 10 teams (shoutouts to the AAC).

- An actual transfer portal, where you not only try to convince guys to stay, but you try to attract guys with promises of starting jobs, draft position, or championships, too.

- I'd like to say adding positional coaches would be cool, but the HC/OC/DC trees already provided good recruiting and attribute bonuses. You'd simply be pulling back on those to have positional coaches provide bonuses, which would likely be needless fluff.
                                                    Spot on, brother. Nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by drayer54 View Post
                                                      Me- NCAA 2004 juggernaut, graduates high school in 2004 and never plays video games again....

Dec 2020- Buys 9-year-old a PS5 for Xmas and is stunned to find out that they no longer make NCAA Football. Reluctantly buys Madden.

Me now- STUNNED at how awesome the controls and graphics are. I literally skipped 16 years entirely. HOWEVER- I still hold my own. I play people online once or twice a week and am definitely holding a winning record. These young punks don't manage the clock like me and usually quit when I run behind big Q during the entire 4th quarter.

EA Sports Challenge to come!
                                                      NCAA 2005 --> Larry Fitzgerald..best/worst feature, COMPOSURE. Your guys play better or worse based on if they are a headcase or not lmao
                                                      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

We did an Irish Envy league back in the day and I'm am 10000% on board for that again.
                                                        Which system? That may dictate what system I end up purchasing.
                                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

- Expandable playoff

so many game engine issues that have to be cleaned up too - suction blocking, jet pack Linebackers etc
                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

- Expandable playoff

This was one of the most infuriating parts about the series. I'm hopeful for 85 man rosters, and I do have a feeling it will happen.
                                                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                              Which system? That may dictate what system I end up purchasing.
                                                              PS6 it looks like!
                                                              GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hungryhippo View Post
                                                                There is quite literally only one video game that could make me buy a new console for the first time since college.

Never thought I'd see this day.
                                                                I'm with you on that.
                                                                2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

- Expandable playoff

If they just do the first and second thatís a win in my book. Love your list.

Comment

PS6 it looks like!
                                                                    Shit if people still have their Xbox 360 we should all fire that bad boy up again. Wager vbucks and bragging rights. Is NCAA 14 even supported? Is 360 xbox live even a thing?

Comment

- Expandable playoff

All great ideas.

My big dream, that almost certainly won't happen is relegation. That way I don't have to do it manually anymore lol.

Comment

Shit if people still have their Xbox 360 we should all fire that bad boy up again. Wager vbucks and bragging rights. Is NCAA 14 even supported? Is 360 xbox live even a thing?
                                                                        The last big league we ran was on PS3 for most of us. We had 6 guys at one point!
                                                                        GO IRISH!!!

Comment

I've got a PS3 but would be open to this in the interim....I'm sure I could get my hands on an XBOX 360 pretty easily and cheap nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                                            I've got a PS3 but would be open to this in the interim....I'm sure I could get my hands on an XBOX 360 pretty easily and cheap nowadays.
                                                                            The XBox yes you can but the game Iím not so sure. There was a rush of them in the summer and got kind of steep in resell price. Maybe everyone who bought it in the summer though is done with it lol

Comment

• #88
                                                                              The XBox yes you can but the game Iím not so sure. There was a rush of them in the summer and got kind of steep in resell price. Maybe everyone who bought it in the summer though is done with it lol
                                                                              Prices are outrageous for the game on eBay!
                                                                              GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Prices are outrageous for the game on eBay!
                                                                                You're not kidding...just looked it up and the game is starting at $139.99 - $400 in most places.

Luckily I still have mine and it's in great condition.

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                                                  You're not kidding...just looked it up and the game is starting at $139.99 - $400 in most places.

Luckily I still have mine and it's in great condition.
                                                                                  i only sold mine for like 100 bucks back in 2016. I feel like those bitcoin guys who lost their drives
                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    Realistically, when are we looking at for a launch? Late summer of 2022? Or are we thinking later?

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                                      Realistically, when are we looking at for a launch? Late summer of 2022? Or are we thinking later?
                                                                                      I hope 2022. I really feel like they shouldn't take longer if they want to ride any kind of wave from the PR about rebooting the game. No need to announce it now if it won't be 23 or later.

Comment

• #93

did you see the guy who is one of the top Madden pro players? he never throws a pass and his offense is 9 OL, a Punter at QB and a Running back. The game is a joke.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F_HMautfP5c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          I hope 2022. I really feel like they shouldn't take longer if they want to ride any kind of wave from the PR about rebooting the game. No need to announce it now if it won't be 23 or later.
                                                                                          they haven't even assembled a team to develop the game yet though. I don't think Fall 2022 is plausible yet
                                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            they haven't even assembled a team to develop the game yet though. I don't think Fall 2022 is plausible yet
                                                                                            Yeah, the fact that the official twitter account specifically said "years" in relation to development makes me think 2023 at the earliest.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Weíre blown away by your passion for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EASPORTSCollegeFootball?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc %5Etfw">#EASPORTSCollegeFootball</a>. We look forward to sharing more information as development progresses in the next couple of years.</p>&mdash; EASPORTSCollege (@EASPORTSCollege) <a href="https://twitter.com/EASPORTSCollege/status/1356727357638344705?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Originally posted by Meatloaf View Post
                                                                                              Yeah, the fact that the official twitter account specifically said "years" in relation to development makes me think 2023 at the earliest.

I bet they say years to buy time for the NIL to be worked out. If it happens quicker we may have the game quicker.

Of course maybe I am just wishful thinking.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                Second Tuesday in July.

7/11/23

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  I should be done with my Masters by then, so I will be having more time on my hands.
                                                                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    Second Tuesday in July.

7/11/23
                                                                                                    I hope this is a joke!
                                                                                                    GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• From The Athletic

So when does it come out?

That’s what we all want to know, but for now, the game makers are saying the launch timing is “still to come as the project progresses in the years ahead.” There is chatter online that it will hit store shelves in 2023. I asked NPD Group chief gaming industry analyst Mat Piscatella, and while he didn’t want to speculate on a development timeline, he did point to the Xbox version of “MLB The Show” that was announced in December 2019. This week, that game’s retail sale date finally was unveiled: April 20. That’s about 16 months from press release to in-gamer-hands. A similar 16-month timeline for EA College Football would put it in stores in July 2022, but the rumored 2023 landing means possibly two years from this week’s announcement. What we don’t know is how far along in the development process the game is, or if work has started at all. And it’s coming out on the next-gen consoles, so it’s unclear how that affects the process. EA has the current Madden NFL game engine and template it can build off of, and the company doesn’t have a history of catastrophic game delays and misfires like the recent Cyberpunk 2077 debacle.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X