Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football Risk (ND Needs Your Help!)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • College Football Risk (ND Needs Your Help!)

    As this time of year rolls around it's time for reddit's annual game of college football risk. Tonight was the first round of action and it....didn't go so well. Michigan took South Bend, and are expanding quickly. Luckily we we where able to defeat Purdue or our lady would be eliminated already.

    If anyone uses reddit and wants to pitch in here's the link to the page https://collegefootballrisk.com/

    Just click accept and you can enter your allegiance and pick your action for today. Only takes 2 clicks. Rolls take place at 11PM. Today we are attacking Indiana. Hopefully we can stay one step ahead of Michigan.

    If you don't have a reddit account already and want to help you can create one, it's free to join and doesn't require you to enter any info. After that just follow the steps above.

  • #2
    Hahaha. I joined and voted to attack IU.

    Comment


    • #3
      Where is the leadership? How do we decide as a regime who we are attacking?

      I voted. Down with the Hoosiers!
      "Fvck Michigan" - The World

      Comment


      • #4
        I never played Risk, don't understand it. Doesn't seem to be a very meaningful game as GA has 4 parts, 3 owned by GT and one by USC.

        Comment


        • #5
          I never played either and don't know the rules but I attacked Indiana.
          I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
            Where is the leadership? How do we decide as a regime who we are attacking?

            I voted. Down with the Hoosiers!
            There's a discord channel where we're discussing our moves.

            https://discordapp.com/channels/6910...43490552872963

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
              I never played Risk, don't understand it. Doesn't seem to be a very meaningful game as GA has 4 parts, 3 owned by GT and one by USC.
              The map you're looking at is after the first round. GT must be really into this game because they had the second most players int eh game for round one.

              Originally posted by beryirish View Post
              I never played either and don't know the rules but I attacked Indiana.
              This doesn't really work the same way real risk works. In real risk the territories are split up evenly and everyone starts with the same number of troops. You decide each turn which person you want to attack and with how many troops and then roll dice to see if you were successful. In this everyone is attacking and defending all at once. The the more people you recruit the more troops you have. Also the longer you play the more your vote is worth.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                There's a discord channel where we're discussing our moves.

                https://discordapp.com/channels/6910...43490552872963
                Good deal. Keep us updated on the moves and I will participate.
                "Fvck Michigan" - The World

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                  Good deal. Keep us updated on the moves and I will participate.
                  Will do!

                  Comment


                  • #10


                    1 hour to get your moves in.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Joined, and followign as of now. I tried to get the discord chat group through the link but it didnt work. So if you could help me there I'll check in daily and help out. Otherwise I'll just check back here for your instructions.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post
                        Joined, and followign as of now. I tried to get the discord chat group through the link but it didnt work. So if you could help me there I'll check in daily and help out. Otherwise I'll just check back here for your instructions.
                        Tbh I don't really use discord so I'm not sure how to get the proper link. I'll keep this thread updated though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I refuse to battle IU. Danny Ainge stopped me from rolling my emotions into Digger's offerings

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                            I refuse to battle IU. Danny Ainge stopped me from rolling my emotions into Digger's offerings
                            Well we just eliminated them tonight. You can join us now with a clean conscious.

                            Good job. Michigan took Purdue as we had predicted. Thankfully we stay alive headed south. Hopefully Nebraska can cut off the dirty Wolverines and let us buy some time.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              what's the move?

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                what's the move?
                                We're attacking Western Kentucky today. Trying to keep moving south away from Michigan. Hopefully someone else can cut them off at the pass.

                                We've struck a peace treaty with Nebraska. So we should be a bit safer once we can get below the Big10 brawl we're stuck in right now.

                                Here should be the proper discord link to anyone that wants it https://discord.gg/WHWfW5R

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Edit: it’s working now, nvm.
                                  Last edited by Henges24; 03-25-2020, 01:30 PM.
                                  "Fvck Michigan" - The World

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    ^ditto
                                    I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Top teams right now have ~350 players. We're at 42. I'd say we need to get close to 100 to stand a chance of making it further and being able to pull some upsets.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                        Top teams right now have ~350 players. We're at 42. I'd say we need to get close to 100 to stand a chance of making it further and being able to pull some upsets.
                                        This actually answered what I was just gonna ask. I've been voting, seems kinda futile though without more support.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                          This actually answered what I was just gonna ask. I've been voting, seems kinda futile though without more support.
                                          Well the way it works is the number of people attacking any territory just amounts to a percentage chance that you will take it. For example day one we targeted Ball State. We had a ~70% chance to take it and struck out. One single person happened to decide to throw their attack at Purdue and we lucked out and they won. Otherwise we would be eliminated right now. So it's not impossible to stay alive with less voters.

                                          If we could get up to about 100 I think we could survive against Tennessee who we're about to run into.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            1 hour to get your moves in.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Well we won western Kentucky but Ohio state took Indiana from us
                                              I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Somehow got UK as well

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Good job gentlemen. We now own Kentucky and Western Kentucky. There seem to be several good options for attack tomorrow.

                                                  Our total number of votes did drop however from 42 to 36. That's not good. Hopefully the longer this thread sticks on the home page the more players we can entice.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    attack louisville to take over all of kentucky?
                                                    I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Think we're splitting bw defending western kentucky and attacking middle tennessee

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        We should not be attacking Middle Tennessee. It had 74 players in it yesterday.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                          We should not be attacking Middle Tennessee. It had 74 players in it yesterday.
                                                          I was tasked with defending WKU, but I'm worried people who attacked MTSU won't realize that we've had a change of plan. We are low on numbers as it is.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                            I was tasked with defending WKU, but I'm worried people who attacked MTSU won't realize that we've had a change of plan. We are low on numbers as it is.
                                                            I'll stay and defend also.
                                                            "Fvck Michigan" - The World

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              I've talked with the high council! IE's task is to attack Louisville.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                                I've talked with the high council! IE's task is to attack Louisville.
                                                                Aye, aye.
                                                                "Fvck Michigan" - The World

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Less than an hour to go. Do your part! Attack Louisville!

                                                                  Fuck Michigan!

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Looks like IE did our job, but we lost Western Kentucky. Man this concept is awesome. Unfortunately ND is just located right in the heart of the die-hards and we get wiped out early. We would need another hundred people plus to really have a shot with it. But I’m in it for the long haul this season! I’ll be waiting for our next command.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post
                                                                      Looks like IE did our job, but we lost Western Kentucky. Man this concept is awesome. Unfortunately ND is just located right in the heart of the die-hards and we get wiped out early. We would need another hundred people plus to really have a shot with it. But Iím in it for the long haul this season! Iíll be waiting for our next command.
                                                                      Yes we accomplished our two goals tonight. We had conceded Western knowing Michigan was going to go after it. With only two defenders we only had a 6% chance of keeping it.

                                                                      Yes we need more people. Family, friends, coworkers, any ND fans. Just tell them it take literally two clicks.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Bump.

                                                                        Today we clench our assholes. IE, help the team out. Join the cause. We all have too much free time, there's no excuse.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          I'm on board.

                                                                          What's today's plan?

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                            This actually answered what I was just gonna ask. I've been voting, seems kinda futile though without more support.
                                                                            Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post
                                                                            Looks like IE did our job, but we lost Western Kentucky. Man this concept is awesome. Unfortunately ND is just located right in the heart of the die-hards and we get wiped out early. We would need another hundred people plus to really have a shot with it. But I’m in it for the long haul this season! I’ll be waiting for our next command.
                                                                            While numbers would help, keep in mind that there's more factors involved. Your "star level" factors into the strength of your contribution each day. Part of that star level is determined by consecutive voting each day, so the more you vote the more weight you pull. Also, you have a number of other factors involved like possible alliances and poor strategy from other fan bases. Brute strength isn't the only path to victory, although it helps.

                                                                            How are territory winners calculated?

                                                                            Each player attacking or defending a territory is assigned a value. This value is based on a player's star rating:
                                                                            One star: 1 point
                                                                            Two stars: 2 points
                                                                            Three stars: 6 points
                                                                            Four stars: 12 points
                                                                            Five stars: 24 points

                                                                            Additionally, players on the defending team receive a 50% point bonus. Each team is assigned a point value based on the total number players from that team who attacked or defended that territory. A random roll is then made to select the winner. A team's odds of winning the territory is the ratio of player points for that team to player points for all players attacking or defending the territory that turn. One player for the winning team is designated as MVP for the territory that turn.

                                                                            How do I earn stars?

                                                                            There are two types of star ratings. The most important is your overall star rating, which is what determines how many points you contribute in attack or defense. The second consists of your star rating in five sub-categories. Your overall star rating is the MEDIAN star rating you have achieved in the five sub-categories. For example, if you sub-category star ratings break down as 5/1/2/3/3, your overall star rating would be the median value of 3. Here are the five sub-categories and criteria for each:

                                                                            Total turns played across all rounds of College Football Risk (including the reddit version)
                                                                            One star - 0 total turns played
                                                                            Two stars - 10 total turns played
                                                                            Three stars - 25 total turns played
                                                                            Four stars - 50 total turns played
                                                                            Five stars - 100 total turns played

                                                                            Turns played during the current round of College Football Risk
                                                                            One star - 0 turns played this round
                                                                            Two stars - 5 turns played this round
                                                                            Three stars - 10 turns played this round
                                                                            Four stars - 25 turns played this round
                                                                            Five stars - 50 turns played this round

                                                                            Number of MVPs awarded
                                                                            One star - 0 MVPs
                                                                            Two stars - 1 MVP
                                                                            Three stars - 5 MVPs
                                                                            Four stars - 10 MVPs
                                                                            Five stars - 25 MVPs

                                                                            Streak of consecutive turns played
                                                                            One star - 0 consecutive turns played
                                                                            Two stars - 3 consecutive turns played
                                                                            Three stars - 5 consecutive turns played
                                                                            Four stars - 10 consecutive turns played
                                                                            Five stars - 25 consecutive turns played

                                                                            Awards on r/CFB
                                                                            One star - 0 r/CFB awards
                                                                            Two stars - 1 r/CFB awards
                                                                            Three stars - 2 r/CFB awards
                                                                            Four stars - 3 r/CFB awards
                                                                            Five stars - 4 r/CFB awards
                                                                            Last edited by ulukinatme; 03-27-2020, 10:58 AM.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              We are defending our two territories today. Not sure which one they want IE to defend (UK or Louisville), but I'm personally defending Louisville.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                                                Good job gentlemen. We now own Kentucky and Western Kentucky. There seem to be several good options for attack tomorrow.

                                                                                Our total number of votes did drop however from 42 to 36. That's not good. Hopefully the longer this thread sticks on the home page the more players we can entice.
                                                                                I almost didn't click on this thread because you chose such an awful title. Seriously, fuck Michigan. Mods, can we change it to something like "College Football Risk (Notre Dame needs you!)"

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                  I'm on board.

                                                                                  What's today's plan?
                                                                                  I'll let you guys know which one of the two they want IE to defend ASAP.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                    I almost didn't click on this thread because you chose such an awful title. Seriously, fuck Michigan. Mods, can we change it to something like "College Football Risk (Notre Dame needs you!)"
                                                                                    Sorry I figured losing to Michigan at anything would be of maximum interest lol. I know Beau is playing so maybe he can change it for us. I'll PM him.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      IE is tasked with defending Louisville.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Thanks Beau

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                                                          IE is tasked with defending Louisville.
                                                                                          Done

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            https://michigancfbrisk.com/

                                                                                            Michigan has a website to coordinate... Why dont we?

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              https://discord.gg/QmnZZGk

                                                                                              Discord server...

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by phork View Post
                                                                                                https://discord.gg/QmnZZGk

                                                                                                Discord server...
                                                                                                Yepp that's where the planning is happening.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Defend Louisville once again.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Half hour left to get your votes in!

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X