Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blazers46
    replied
    Rick Dennison out as Minnesota Vikings assistant after refusing COVID-19 vaccine, sources say

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ne-sources-say

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
    Perfectly normal. Everything is just like 2019.

Leave a comment:

• NDPhilly
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
    Considering the recent uptick in Covid cases among the vaccinated...what's the point? The vaccines aren't preventing infections, they are mostly preventing severe illness which was already highly unlikely with the worlds best athletes.

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...orfeited-games

Not
    For
    Long

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post

Not comments on the data I posted. Scream at and ostracize the youth and shitcan their education for something that is a statistical nothingburger to them. Everyone has had their chance to get the vaccine who needs it - time to pull up your panties and get back to life. Yet we have Toronto and others acting like life is normal now.
    What do you want us to comment that's irrelevant to the current COVID situation for most? I've long questioned lockdowns or at least the way we did it here and the rest of the West.

I'm sorry life's not normal for you. I have been to bars, night clubs, concerts, sporting events, the movies, a family reunion, a vacation with the family. Have not brought a mask with me anywhere since May. The most abnormal thing I've probably had to do is take a few at home tests after some close contacts tested positive. Other than that, life's been 2019. Don't have kids so just not an issue I really care about.

Leave a comment:

• GoldenToTheGrave
    replied

Yet we have Toronto and others acting like life is normal now.
    I live in "nanny state" New York and I've been to two 150+ person indoor weddings with no mandatory mask wearing in just the past month. What exactly are you expecting?

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied

Not comments on the data I posted. Scream at and ostracize the youth and shitcan their education for something that is a statistical nothingburger to them. Everyone has had their chance to get the vaccine who needs it - time to pull up your panties and get back to life. Yet we have Toronto and others acting like life is normal now.
    What are you unable to do right now that you would like to do? From everything I've read that situation down there is pretty enviable in terms of freedom to do whatever.

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    Originally posted by ryno 24 View Post
    If they think of instituting new lockdowns or even restrictions that would hurt everyone significantly more than the delta varient. Even before the vaccine this disease didnt really affect people that much. Government overreach is outrageous

Leave a comment:

• ryno 24
    replied
    If they think of instituting new lockdowns or even restrictions that would hurt everyone significantly more than the delta varient. Even before the vaccine this disease didnt really affect people that much. Government overreach is outrageous

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    Nice pivot from hospitalizations to cases. Just like two weeks to flatten the curve so hospitals can handle the load is a distant memory. WTF.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied

Biggest take away is that everybody over 60 is taking ivermectin.

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

Think even in the 3rd wave (ffs how many waves are there going to be) that hospitalizations/deaths were less than the 2nd wave. Early results seem like that's going to be the case with the 4th wave that's happening. It would appear that the eXpErImeNtAl vaccine is doing a pretty good job and bringing it down to swine flu level (hopefully).
    Absolutely. In the winter wave cases were just as high, but hospitalizations reached 38K at one point in the UK. So they're currently at tenth of that. It is tough to compare apples to apples the cases though because they are currently doing something like a million tests/day.

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    How does the 20k increase in drug overdoses last year pair up demographically with Covid deaths? That doesn't even scratch increases in usage/addiction - haven't seen anything tracking that.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c....htm#AgeAndSex

Age 0-17 - 337 deaths involving Covid versus 50,488 total deaths. Think of all the fear of this thing people are placing on their kids when they are 150x more likely to die from something else - statistically nil. Get your vac if you want and leave the kids alone. This is an adult problem, stop projecting it on to children.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities

Age 0-24 - 1238 Covid on death cert - 263 obese, 119 diabetes, 145 cardiac arrest, 123 sepsis

12,314 "co-morbidities" labeled "Intentional and unintentional injury, poisoning, and other adverse events - 110 ages 0-24

Really appreciate using different age bands in these tables - smh.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post

Definitely undercounting, but I think it also makes sense in the UK and Israel that the many of the hospitalized are vaccinated given the higher risk population is at an extremely high rate of vaccination and the total hospitalizations are very low. the UK is around 4K. Israel is at 60. In the US, last I checked there was about 27K hospitalizations. UK population is about a 5th of the US so US hospitalizations disproportionately higher largely due to the lower vaccination rate for sure.

On a positive note, it does appear the current UK wave is beginning to recede. Typical epi-curve of 8-10 weeks. If US cases follow same trajectory, we will probably peak around 80-90K daily cases late August.
    Think even in the 3rd wave (ffs how many waves are there going to be) that hospitalizations/deaths were less than the 2nd wave. Early results seem like that's going to be the case with the 4th wave that's happening. It would appear that the eXpErImeNtAl vaccine is doing a pretty good job and bringing it down to swine flu level (hopefully).

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

I have suspicions of this as well. I think they are trying desperately to drive increased vaccination rates through data/reporting. I think we'll see the data slowly transform over the next 3-6 months to give us a better idea of what kind of immunity vaccination gives us against these variants.
    Definitely undercounting, but I think it also makes sense in the UK and Israel that the many of the hospitalized are vaccinated given the higher risk population is at an extremely high rate of vaccination and the total hospitalizations are very low. the UK is around 4K. Israel is at 60. In the US, last I checked there was about 27K hospitalizations. UK population is about a 5th of the US so US hospitalizations disproportionately higher largely due to the lower vaccination rate for sure.

On a positive note, it does appear the current UK wave is beginning to recede. Typical epi-curve of 8-10 weeks. If US cases follow same trajectory, we will probably peak around 80-90K daily cases late August.

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
    Based off the data from Israel and the UK, I think its very likely that the US is undercounting vaccinated Covid hospitalizations. ~40-50% of Covid hospitalizations in each of the UK and Israel are from previously vaccinated individuals. Doesn't mean the vaccines aren't effective, as the vast majority of vaccinated hospitalizations are elderly individuals who have a 90%+ vaccination rate.

I have suspicions of this as well. I think they are trying desperately to drive increased vaccination rates through data/reporting. I think we'll see the data slowly transform over the next 3-6 months to give us a better idea of what kind of immunity vaccination gives us against these variants.

Leave a comment:

• NDPhilly
    replied
    Based off the data from Israel and the UK, I think its very likely that the US is undercounting vaccinated Covid hospitalizations. ~40-50% of Covid hospitalizations in each of the UK and Israel are from previously vaccinated individuals. Doesn't mean the vaccines aren't effective, as the vast majority of vaccinated hospitalizations are elderly individuals who have a 90%+ vaccination rate.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

That's pretty cool.
    As the kids would say "POG"

Leave a comment:

• Circa
    replied
    Has anyone else wondered why the virus was started around the holidays of 2019. I'm watching a fictitious movie, Contagion. They say it's the perfect time to release a biological weapon.
    I watch movies and learn important stuff...

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishize View Post
    New England Journal of Medicine:

“Only modest differences in vaccine effectiveness were noted with the delta variant as compared with the alpha variant after the receipt of two vaccine doses”

Alpha: 93% effective (Pfizer)
    Delta: 88% effective (Pfizer

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891
    That's pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    New England Journal of Medicine:

“Only modest differences in vaccine effectiveness were noted with the delta variant as compared with the alpha variant after the receipt of two vaccine doses”

Alpha: 93% effective (Pfizer)
    Delta: 88% effective (Pfizer

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891

Leave a comment:

• PerthDomer
    replied
    https://www.al.com/news/2021/07/im-s...-patients.html

Here's an article laying out the human tragedy anti vaxxers are opening the door for.

Leave a comment:

• Circa
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

You dismiss the study that showed Ivermectin doesn't work, but refer us to a doctor that posts on FB? Data? Credentials?
    Here's Brett Weinstein explaining how ridiculous the article is.

​​​​​​https://www.reddit.com/r/ivermectin/...going_on_clip/

Leave a comment:

• IrishRazor82
    replied

You dismiss the study that showed Ivermectin doesn't work, but refer us to a doctor that posts on FB? Data? Credentials?
    I dismiss the study because its protocol made it garbage. Studying the "impact" on a perfectly healthy 37 year old? Child's play. If anyone thinks that study has merit we're not in the same ballpark.

I posted the article because it's another interesting piece. If you pay attn to only one thing I post, pay attn to the meta-analysis, peer reviewed paper that shows unequivocally that Ivermectin destroys COVID both as a precentative and a treatment.

Here's this too while I'm here. Early, but bad signs about the vaccine effectiveness. This is the inventor of the mRNA technology.

https://twitter.com/RWMaloneMD/statu...701475844?s=19

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied

Well big Pharma is keeping it down, taking a drug repeatedly to try an inconclusive repurposed drug is actually much better than a free vaccine you only have to take once/twice. What are sheep you are.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post

Masks and shutdowns don't stop the spread of COVID. Comparative state studies have shown this repeatedly. Watch what happens next.
    They do and the stats show it.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Essay from a US Dr of 40 years urging people to use Ivermectin. He's since been censored in facebook.

"If there were an exceedingly safe and effective treatment for COVID that would dramatically reduce deaths, hospitalizations and transmission, we would be insane not to use it. There is such a medication: ivermectin. It must be immediately deployed to prevent and treat COVID-19."

"Most of these types of appeals end with, “we are not giving medical advice.” Well, I am. I am a physician. I have studied this extensively. It is my professional and moral duty to spread this life-saving information."

https://www.laurinburgexchange.com/o...-of-ivermectin

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied

Masks and shutdowns don't stop the spread of COVID. Comparative state studies have shown this repeatedly. Watch what happens next.
    So then you advocate doing nothing besides putting everyone on continuous prophylactic doses of Ivermectin, yes?

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

Not sure it would work very well. I can't imagine there would be very much compliance.
    In Austin? Yeah people will mask up again, places will shut down/restrict stuff, but the governor won't do it until absolutely necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post

I think the "endemic transition" has already taken place in pretty much every state that has reached that 70% goal, especially ones where 10% + of the population had confirmed infections. I expect the rural areas that are getting hammered now are unfortunately no where near that endemicity and it is going to be a rough couple months. I suspect Balloux's tweet is in light of LA county's decision, which will prove to have minimal effect.
    I tend to agree based on what we’ve seen thus far. The window may have been open long enough to eradicate C19 but we’ll never know b/c of stubbornness to get the vaccine ASAP. Now it will be a part of all the other viruses we deal with on a yearly basis. I suspect there will now be a “COVID season” much like the flu variants.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    They're bumping us back up to Phase 3 here in Austin after a spike in cases, with only a few being the Delta variant. I think some of the restrictions may come back if we don't see numbers flatten.
    Not sure it would work very well. I can't imagine there would be very much compliance.

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied

I think the "endemic transition" has already taken place in pretty much every state that has reached that 70% goal, especially ones where 10% + of the population had confirmed infections. I expect the rural areas that are getting hammered now are unfortunately no where near that endemicity and it is going to be a rough couple months. I suspect Balloux's tweet is in light of LA county's decision, which will prove to have minimal effect.

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    Wondering when the variant comes along that doesn't care that you've been vaccinated. Can't wait for that one.

Fall and winter should be great times.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    They're bumping us back up to Phase 3 here in Austin after a spike in cases, with only a few being the Delta variant. I think some of the restrictions may come back if we don't see numbers flatten.

Leave a comment:

• IrishRazor82
    replied
    Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

What's the purpose of this? Do you think it prudent to wait until the curve ramps up substantially before reinstating a masking policy?

Leave a comment:

• IrishRazor82
    replied
    Essay from a US Dr of 40 years urging people to use Ivermectin. He's since been censored in facebook.

"If there were an exceedingly safe and effective treatment for COVID that would dramatically reduce deaths, hospitalizations and transmission, we would be insane not to use it. There is such a medication: ivermectin. It must be immediately deployed to prevent and treat COVID-19."

"Most of these types of appeals end with, “we are not giving medical advice.” Well, I am. I am a physician. I have studied this extensively. It is my professional and moral duty to spread this life-saving information."

https://www.laurinburgexchange.com/o...-of-ivermectin

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    What's the purpose of this? Do you think it prudent to wait until the curve ramps up substantially before reinstating a masking policy?

Leave a comment:

• IrishRazor82
    replied
    https://twitter.com/peterjhasson/sta...210745858?s=19

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied

Strongly recommend following this guy if you're on twitter. He points out very clearly the population health differences across the globe once Ivermectin is introduced, and graphs everything.

The results will piss you off.

https://twitter.com/jjchamie/status/...457127430?s=19
    These graphs are void of markers where strict health measures were put into place, or when vaccine coverage increased.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied

Vaccines are here and we are still not back to normal - you are claiming everything is back to normal. Unless you are elitists flying private to shirk your duties you are required to wear a face covering on an airplane - that is not normal. Our public schools are currently planning on requiring face coverings for the next school year in NC. That is not normal. GTFOH with your inability to understand any point that runs counter to your narrative.
    "Most restrictions lifted" =/= back to normal.

Not sure what my narrative is other than "Vaccines work, and they're helping to push countries towards returning to normal".

Leave a comment:

• Rogue219
    replied
    Vaccines work. I go with doctors and science over the stay at home mom on Facebook who has called the police one too many times when someone she doesn't know is in her subdivision.

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied

Vaccines are here and we are still not back to normal - you are claiming everything is back to normal. Unless you are elitists flying private to shirk your duties you are required to wear a face covering on an airplane - that is not normal. Our public schools are currently planning on requiring face coverings for the next school year in NC. That is not normal. GTFOH with your inability to understand any point that runs counter to your narrative.
    Vaccines are here and not fully adopted so we have a massive cesspool of individuals who are keeping it alive. We also have people who have been vaccinated with varying levels of susceptibility to variants. Will you stand strong in your opposition to school masking if some kids in your district without comorbidities die? Are they just part of the churn of every day life?

What is your point, so we all understand? Is it that vaccines are bad, face masks are bad and COVID is not so bad?

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied

I'm not trying to be mean but this is a flawed study for a number of reasons. The most obvious of which was the age of the participants (37). Obviously anyone who's tracked this knows the average 37 year old is going to have mild symptoms if they even notice any at all, and they're all going to live. So "time to recovery" in studying the healthiest of populations is terribly misleading, but that is their goal.

It'd be like giving a toddler with a fever Tylenol and saying "they all got better overnight and all lived, so it must not have helped". The best studies will be population health studies and/or studies of at risk populations. The population health studies in India, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Brazil and more are startling. COVID vanishes when Ivermectin becomes part of the treatment protocol.

When used as a prophylactic, many argue it would terminate COVID all together, which should be everyone's goal before this virus gets smarter and smarter.

BuT tHeRe AiN't No MoNeY iN gEnErIcS...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/
    Yes, this is exactly right. Median age skews very young compared to most studies. Out of the 400 people in the whole study, 24 were 65 or older.

Leave a comment:

• IrishRazor82
    replied

I encourage you to scroll the link I posted above. More and more data coming out that the highest vaccinated countries are having the highest case fatality rate.

These vaccines are turning into a person needing to pay a debt, so they rush to get a same day cash loan.

Leave a comment:

• IrishRazor82
    replied
    The differences in India are criminal. One of many pop health comparisons, scroll the link.

https://twitter.com/jjchamie/status/...592990213?s=19
    Last edited by IrishRazor82; 07-15-2021, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IrishRazor82
    replied

I'm not trying to be mean but this is a flawed study for a number of reasons. The most obvious of which was the age of the participants (37). Obviously anyone who's tracked this knows the average 37 year old is going to have mild symptoms if they even notice any at all, and they're all going to live. So "time to recovery" in studying the healthiest of populations is terribly misleading, but that is their goal.

It'd be like giving a toddler with a fever Tylenol and saying "they all got better overnight and all lived, so it must not have helped". The best studies will be population health studies and/or studies of at risk populations. The population health studies in India, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Brazil and more are startling. COVID vanishes when Ivermectin becomes part of the treatment protocol.

When used as a prophylactic, many argue it would terminate COVID all together, which should be everyone's goal before this virus gets smarter and smarter.

Strongly recommend following this guy if you're on twitter. He points out very clearly the population health differences across the globe once Ivermectin is introduced, and graphs everything.

The results will piss you off.

https://twitter.com/jjchamie/status/...457127430?s=19

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

Aren't most mask guidance and other restrictions gone? Weren't they lifted?

My statement was more that vaccines are the way through this thing, not sure what I'm wrong about there.

Leave a comment:

• RDU Irish
    replied
    Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

We don’t know if it’s more dangerous. What we do know is that COVID poses close to zero risk for kids. I got the vaccine, but if I had kids not yet in high school there would be no way I would vaccinate them with a vaccine being implemented through an emergency use authorization.

It’s all about your risk profile. Kids have almost zero risk and as he said earlier, the flu is far deadlier to that age bracket.
    Bingo - it is actual science. Healthy kids without comorbidities have statistically zero risk.

We get flu vaccines annually - it is a proven, non-experimental vaccine with decades of data behind it. Why are Covid restrictions so much more draconian for schools than any consideration that has ever been given for the flu? It is so intellectually dishonest it is not even funny.

Leave a comment:

• IrishRazor82
    replied

Razor82, any thoughts?

I think life is altered as well. How significantly is hard to tell. In the last week, I've seen a lot more people wearing masks again. Not sure if this is in response to the Delta or more people venturing out more and just being cautious?

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X