X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

You really don't want us to answer that do you?

Glad you're getting over it.
    Self-deprecation is one the reasons Im so lovable.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by dad4aa View Post

Why not until October? According to the CDC, the Moderna and Pfizer second shots should be within 4 or 3 weeks of the first shot and then the wait after the second shot is 2 weeks. Shouldn't that get you fully vaxxed by mid-August?
    Canadian math.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
    2nd shot put me down for a couple of days but bouncing back. Today not 100% but when am I ever?
    You really don't want us to answer that do you?

Glad you're getting over it.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post

It was an issue for everyone including the cdc.
    Not at the level of the WHO. They had an opportunity to pressure China into coming forward and providing much needed information that could have shortened this epidemic and saved lives. They stood by for a long time while the rest of the world tried to get this figured out.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied

Why not until October? According to the CDC, the Moderna and Pfizer second shots should be within 4 or 3 weeks of the first shot and then the wait after the second shot is 2 weeks. Shouldn't that get you fully vaxxed by mid-August?
    You would think, right? When I booked today (first time anyone 18-40 low risk can book) it pre-booked my next appointment for October 1st. Ontario is run by some of the smartest individuals.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied

Yeah, I was a rescheduling shift mgr at the ASU massvac site at State Farm Stadium and that's the correct math.

Leave a comment:

• dad4aa
    replied
    Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
    First shot booked for end of June....won't be fully vaxxed by October. Here I thought I would be able to get to a game in September.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied

I'm guessing the CAD side will still have the two week quarantine thing if I'm not fully vaxxed, and I can't do that or I'll go insane. I would drink a litre of Flint water just to see a game.
    Make a fake card then lol. You'll be morally right anyway so its chill.

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

They not letting folks travel without having both?
    I'm guessing the CAD side will still have the two week quarantine thing if I'm not fully vaxxed, and I can't do that or I'll go insane. I would drink a litre of Flint water just to see a game.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    First shot booked for end of June....won't be fully vaxxed by October. Here I thought I would be able to get to a game in September.
    They not letting folks travel without having both?

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    2nd shot put me down for a couple of days but bouncing back. Today not 100% but when am I ever?
    Glad you're feeling better. Still wait at least a week before you lick some railings in public, though.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Polish Leppy 22
    replied
    Andrew Cuomo made millions in NY suffer with a year long lockdown while he pocketed $5 mil off his book that he wrote during a pandemic. What a POS.

Leave a comment:

• bobbyok1
    replied
    This is great to hear, and yet there is peer-reviewed research showing the effectiveness of Ivermectin and/or Hydroxychloroquine when either is combined with Zinc as a prophylaxis, or in treatment of COVID positive cases when aforementioned are combined with Azithromycin (or other antibiotics).

We already have a prophylaxis and treatment. I am completely dumbfounded as to why this is not more widely known and promoted.

HCQ- ​​​​​​https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...24857920304258
    IVM- ​​​​​​https://osf.io/wx3zn/

Leave a comment:

• PerthDomer
    replied

The WHO has been a joke the entire time we've been dealing with COVID.
    It was an issue for everyone including the cdc.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    https://www.wired.com/story/the-teen...=pocket-newtab

Cool story on why it took so long for medical science to acknowledge airborn transmission
    The WHO has been a joke the entire time we've been dealing with COVID.

Leave a comment:

• PerthDomer
    replied
    https://www.wired.com/story/the-teen...=pocket-newtab

Cool story on why it took so long for medical science to acknowledge airborn transmission

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    This looks promising.

https://news.uchicago.edu/story/uchi...aign=nanotraps

Leave a comment:

• TorontoGold
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
    Where I live is down to 2 cases per 100k residents over the past week. USA down to 17k cases last reported day. Unless people start acting like total jackwagons over the next month COVID is over.
    Not over until I see the Crus green "CB"

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    Landed in West Palm and opened my phone to the CDC news Thursday. Was in Delray and didn't take out my mask from Thursday to Sunday other than for one uber. I'd say 50% of employees still wear them there. Some places no employees. In terms of patrons masking, I would say about 2%. Felt nice to be in 2019.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    Where I live is down to 2 cases per 100k residents over the past week. USA down to 17k cases last reported day. Unless people start acting like total jackwagons over the next month COVID is over.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied

Got it at noon on Saturday. Around 8 last night started getting a fever up to 103 but would last for an hour or so. Then go away. Then comeback in an hour. Had it all night. Very tired. Very sore. No energy.
    Precisely why I didn't want to get it during finals szn

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

How you doin Cack? My 2nd was a doozy, about 36 hrs of rather high discomfort.
    Got it at noon on Saturday. Around 8 last night started getting a fever up to 103 but would last for an hour or so. Then go away. Then comeback in an hour. Had it all night. Very tired. Very sore. No energy.

Leave a comment:

• irishnd31
    replied
    Just got my second moderna just now.
    How are ya feeling? That second one kicked my ass.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    SNL had a great opening skit on COVID and the CDC announcement.

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    How you doin Cack? My 2nd was a doozy, about 36 hrs of rather high discomfort.

Leave a comment:

• NDRock
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishize View Post

Hopefully that will be incentive for those adults who are unvaccinated to get their shots.
    Maybe. The fire department I work for has seen only about 1/3 get vaccinated, even though we were the first ones allowed. Seems like it’s predominantly for political reasons. Very few mask wearing around here anyway so doubt any new CDC mandate will matter. I’m sure others have different reasons for being hesitant.

Leave a comment:

• calvegas04
    replied
    Got my first shot thursday, most people there were getting J&J

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishize View Post

Hopefully that will be incentive for those adults who are unvaccinated to get their shots.
    Had they taken an optimistic message like that a month or two ago, and not gotten spooked by the dumb J&J stuff...I suspect more people would be less hesitant.

I got my first one last week.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    CDC now says you can skip masks in most settings if you have both shots.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    CDC now says you can skip masks in most settings if you have both shots.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can forgo their masks and social distancing in many indoor situations.

"Today, CDC is updating our guidance for fully vaccinated people," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said Thursday at a White House COVID-19 briefing. "Anyone who is fully vaccinated, can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing. If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic."

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Based on Israel's numbers, a lot of economists seem to be suggesting that if an additional ~40 million people get vaccinated that should be enough to basically put this to bed.
    That's still a lot of people and could take a while. News said air travel is picking up quite a bit and international travel is as well.
    Last edited by Irish#1; 05-14-2021, 06:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
    PA is lifting all restrictions, except mask wearing*, starting Memorial Day! I'm so excited, we're getting married in June, and were trying to find ways to uninvite people. Now we won't have to!

*Masks can stop when 70% of PA is vaccinated.
    Has she seen you without your mask?

Congrats. Hope it goes off as planned.

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied
    Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
    70% of adults not 70% overall. PA is already at 63% of adults. MI is at 54.2%. PA will get there no doubt.
    You are correct, though I believe it's 63% have a first dose, and vaccinations are slowing down. Still unsure if we will get there...

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied
    70% of adults not 70% overall. PA is already at 63% of adults. MI is at 54.2%. PA will get there no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied
    Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

same in Michigan but i doubt 70% is achievable
    I doubt it as well. Too many are just stubborn and won't do it.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    PA is lifting all restrictions, except mask wearing*, starting Memorial Day! I'm so excited, we're getting married in June, and were trying to find ways to uninvite people. Now we won't have to!

same in Michigan but i doubt 70% is achievable

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied

Awesome news, and congrats!
    Thank you. Been a stressful last few months of planning, and she is beyond excited with the news (we both are).

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied

Awesome news, and congrats!

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IrishLax
    replied
    Based on Israel's numbers, a lot of economists seem to be suggesting that if an additional ~40 million people get vaccinated that should be enough to basically put this to bed.

Leave a comment:

• NDohio
    replied
    I feel really lucky - I had almost no side effects from shot one or two. My second was two weeks ago today and I felt great all through - even played golf the day after receiving it.

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied

Hopefully you'll be good to go later today.
    Man, it definitely took more than 24 hrs for me. Today is much better than yesterday but I have a lingering pounding headache. I'm taking ibuprofen and alternating between caffeine and water. Hope it subsides after today.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
    2nd covid shot yesterday and it has me down for the count. Looking forward to some immunity
    Hopefully you'll be good to go later today.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Saw on the news that numbers of vaccine recipients may be greater than reported. Seems there are quite a few that got their first shot at one location and the second at a completely different location, so both locations report they have only had one.

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    2nd covid shot yesterday and it has me down for the count. Looking forward to some immunity

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied

And businesses have the right to employ who they want and allow entrance of whoever they want. Ditto for schools. Ditto for the military. No ones gonna hold you down and jab your arm.
    Did I say they didn't?

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post

these two have been about as cautious in talking about COVID as can be the last year. If they're saying this, that's how you know we're at the tail end of the pandemic phase.
    I'm ready to get back to normal so we can attend football games.

Leave a comment:

• notredomer23
    replied

these two have been about as cautious in talking about COVID as can be the last year. If they're saying this, that's how you know we're at the tail end of the pandemic phase.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X