COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

Lmao, are you ashamed about how bad you've been duped by these conmen, is that why you don't post sources for your tinfoil hat posts?

Take a look at these stats below. It's not even a political thing as prominent people of all stripes have gotten vaccinate.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...vaccine-status

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...nation-status/
    Joe Rogan hasn't been vaccinated and that's all that matters.

Comment

• My bother in laws mom died yesterday due to cardiac failure. She had covid at the time and was serious compromised by smoking for years. Heart gave out trying to breath and COVID made her oxygen level difficult to maintain is what the doctor said.

Also, my wife's stepmom (also with comorbidities) could not get vaccinated because of a disease she has. Her sister got covid and gave it to her and 5 immediate family members. She has been sick for 3 weeks and got worse the whole time. Ultimately she was flown to a hospital all the way across the state because her oxygen keeps dropping and they couldn't treater her anymore at the rural clinic she was at. She went into ICU and hasn't been able to get off a respirator.
      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• China's now trying to blame COVID on imported Maine Lobsters! lol

China-linked disinformation campaign blames Covid on Maine lobsters

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/china-linked-disinformation-campaign-blames-covid-maine-lobsters-rcna3236

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
          My bother in laws mom died yesterday due to cardiac failure. She had covid at the time and was serious compromised by smoking for years. Heart gave out trying to breath and COVID made her oxygen level difficult to maintain is what the doctor said.

Also, my wife's stepmom (also with comorbidities) could not get vaccinated because of a disease she has. Her sister got covid and gave it to her and 5 immediate family members. She has been sick for 3 weeks and got worse the whole time. Ultimately she was flown to a hospital all the way across the state because her oxygen keeps dropping and they couldn't treater her anymore at the rural clinic she was at. She went into ICU and hasn't been able to get off a respirator.
          Oh man, sorry to hear this. Prayers for both families.

It’s a damn shame your wife’s stepmom’s HCPs couldn’t direct her to a clinical trial for one of the many MABs that are about to be approved for folks who can’t get the vaccine. Have they since tried to use MABs as treatment or did the therapeutic window close before she had a chance?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
              A. What was revealed is that the NIH gave ecohealth a small grant. Ecohealth violated the terms of the grant in a subgrant it made violating NIH policy.

B. There's no connection made by the research done and COVID.

C. Rand loves to grandstand for clicks and could easily have a more productive discussion w Fauci (in part letting him give full answers)

D. We found 3 new coronaviruses in bats in Laos more similar to COVID than RATG13 including one with identical affinity for the human ACE II receptor (Redfield favored lab leak because he thought that affinity was unlikely to arise in nature.)

Pretty clear this arose naturally. Given what's turned up in nature another one of these likely crosses to people in the coming decades. We need to prepare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Joe Rogan hasn't been vaccinated and that's all that matters.
                Gonna go on a little rant here for a second about Joe Rogan...

I've mentioned many times before that I work side by side with a hardcore Lefty Progressive who is easily rattled/triggered by any talking point outside of her world view and bubble. It's laughable most days, as I never take her too serious. However, the days that enrage me are those of today, where her hypocrisy is at peak levels and her hatred for all viewpoints beyond her own shut down the overall point of any one conversation.

With that said, we were talking about being cynical and being a populist as it pertains to anti-big pharma, anti-msm, etc. I know she can't stand Joe Rogan (even though if she actually listened to him more, she'd realize he has some very progressive ideals himself, but I digress). I brought him up anyways to explain the bullshit that is happening between him and CNN/Don Lemon/Dr Gupta. Her head exploded in rage when I merely mentioned that Joe got prescribed a human Rx of Ivermectin and that there are currently large scale trials underway in this country and at Oxford to help clear the air once and for all regarding it's efficacy in treating Covid. I didn't even get into the fact that Merck and Pfizer are about to release their own anti-viral meds that I'm sure will receive a big push by all the people she and I both hate (but again, I digress). The mere mention of Rogan's name riled her up so much that she started raising her voice at me and then walked out of the room. The point of the conversation wasn't even about Joe. It was supposed to be about CNN's lies, ratings, lack of trust and this story being just one recent example.

Joe Rogan has said a lot of stupid shit, but that's not the point. Currently, Ivermectin has not been proven to be effective on any large scale basis, but that doesn't change the fact that what CNN did/said was a boldface lie that should be easy to point out by literally any objective human being. I am so over people and their respective political bubbles. We can't even have honest conversations anymore. It's sickening.

*We also talked about pre-K child care and I tried to mention the two income trap, hyper consumerism, anti-school choice policy, a push for women into the labor force, etc and she shrugged me off with a complete and total hypocritical stance about stagnant wages (which is true in a vacuum but ignored the point I was making about bourgeoisie elitists in this country doing everything in their power to increase their own wealth and their own power at the expense of everyone else, men/women/and children). Again, rage. Anti-feminist finger pointing ensued.

It's been a great morning. Glad I had my coffee already. Happy Tuesday everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post

I've mentioned many times before that I work side by side with a hardcore Lefty Progressive who is easily rattled/triggered by any talking point outside of her world view and bubble. It's laughable most days, as I never take her too serious. However, the days that enrage me are those of today, where her hypocrisy is at peak levels and her hatred for all viewpoints beyond her own shut down the overall point of any one conversation.

With that said, we were talking about being cynical and being a populist as it pertains to anti-big pharma, anti-msm, etc. I know she can't stand Joe Rogan (even though if she actually listened to him more, she'd realize he has some very progressive ideals himself, but I digress). I brought him up anyways to explain the bullshit that is happening between him and CNN/Don Lemon/Dr Gupta. Her head exploded in rage when I merely mentioned that Joe got prescribed a human Rx of Ivermectin and that there are currently large scale trials underway in this country and at Oxford to help clear the air once and for all regarding it's efficacy in treating Covid. I didn't even get into the fact that Merck and Pfizer are about to release their own anti-viral meds that I'm sure will receive a big push by all the people she and I both hate (but again, I digress). The mere mention of Rogan's name riled her up so much that she started raising her voice at me and then walked out of the room. The point of the conversation wasn't even about Joe. It was supposed to be about CNN's lies, ratings, lack of trust and this story being just one recent example.

Joe Rogan has said a lot of stupid shit, but that's not the point. Currently, Ivermectin has not been proven to be effective on any large scale basis, but that doesn't change the fact that what CNN did/said was a boldface lie that should be easy to point out by literally any objective human being. I am so over people and their respective political bubbles. We can't even have honest conversations anymore. It's sickening.

*We also talked about pre-K child care and I tried to mention the two income trap, hyper consumerism, anti-school choice policy, a push for women into the labor force, etc and she shrugged me off with a complete and total hypocritical stance about stagnant wages (which is true in a vacuum but ignored the point I was making about bourgeoisie elitists in this country doing everything in their power to increase their own wealth and their own power at the expense of everyone else, men/women/and children). Again, rage. Anti-feminist finger pointing ensued.

It's been a great morning. Glad I had my coffee already. Happy Tuesday everyone!
                  Ivermectin should only be used in trials. You can find doctors to prescribe it if you have money, but the only reasonable trial done doesn't find a benefit. There are a ton of drugs in trials. I hope Joe didn't take any of those without enrolling in trials.

One big failure of our response was the inability to conduct multifactorial RCT's like Britain. A big part of that was docs deciding to throw shit at people whilly nilly up front rather than enroll their patients in trials because they were sure x y or z drug worked.

Comment

That’s a good example of why you should try to avoid all talk of politics/religion/social issues at work. It will only end up pissing you off in the end (or worse, get you fired). I’ve made the mistake myself in the past and do my best to avoid, or at least diffuse, those type of conversations now. Makes work that much more enjoyable
                    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

I've mentioned many times before that I work side by side with a hardcore Lefty Progressive who is easily rattled/triggered by any talking point outside of her world view and bubble.
                      I never knew you also worked in higher ed.........
                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• These numbers are a bit surprising, but I have to agree. 91% say they aren't going to get their young children the shot among 116,000 votes. If you're over 40 and/or high risk, yeah, you should get the vax. If we were seeing near full immunity as we've seen with previous vaccines it would make sense to get all the kids done too, but given how resilient they are to COVID it's probably better if they aren't hit with this. I saw Ernest Ramirez speaking in DC on November 2nd how his 15 year old son died of myocarditis five days after his Pfizer shot, I can't imagine putting one of my kids to rest under those conditions.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                          These numbers are a bit surprising, but I have to agree. 91% say they aren't going to get their young children the shot among 116,000 votes. If you're over 40 and/or high risk, yeah, you should get the vax. If we were seeing near full immunity as we've seen with previous vaccines it would make sense to get all the kids done too, but given how resilient they are to COVID it's probably better if they aren't hit with this. I saw Ernest Ramirez speaking in DC on November 2nd how his 15 year old son died of myocarditis five days after his Pfizer shot, I can't imagine putting one of my kids to rest under those conditions.

Your kid is more likely to die from myocsrditis from covid than the shot. Not even accounting for respiratory disease. I'd guess that a third of parents will vaccinate their 5 to 11 year olds immediately. Probably up to 2/3 by the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post

Your kid is more likely to die from myocsrditis from covid than the shot. Not even accounting for respiratory disease. I'd guess that a third of parents will vaccinate their 5 to 11 year olds immediately. Probably up to 2/3 by the summer.
                            How do you know a child is more likely to die from myocarditis from Covid than the shot? What respiratory disease?! For God's sakes do not call this shot a vaccine. It is isn't. So why as a parent would you damn your child with unknown long term effects of this experimental drug to treat a virus we have yet to fully understand. The marketing of this drug has reached absurd heights. The lies uttered to cover up the previous lies to cover up the previous lies. It is fukkin insane.

Comment

These numbers are a bit surprising, but I have to agree. 91% say they aren't going to get their young children the shot among 116,000 votes. If you're over 40 and/or high risk, yeah, you should get the vax. If we were seeing near full immunity as we've seen with previous vaccines it would make sense to get all the kids done too, but given how resilient they are to COVID it's probably better if they aren't hit with this. I saw Ernest Ramirez speaking in DC on November 2nd how his 15 year old son died of myocarditis five days after his Pfizer shot, I can't imagine putting one of my kids to rest under those conditions.

It’s crazy that knowing what we know and apparently there’s a pill that IF you get COVID cuts hospitalizations/death down 90% on top of the incredibly low rates as it is. We are catching up but society and our leaders seem to be putting heavier clamps down. Dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post

It’s crazy that knowing what we know and apparently there’s a pill that IF you get COVID cuts hospitalizations/death down 90% on top of the incredibly low rates as it is. We are catching up but society and our leaders seem to be putting heavier clamps down. Dumb.
                                Yeah, at this point with the FDA getting ready to look at the anti-viral drug Pfizer is putting out, or the Merck one that's been out for a bit, I figure the kids can play it safe and continue to avoid getting the virus until one is approved. At that point between their low chance for severe effects and the medication they should be covered. I think there's still questions out there how the jab may affect reproduction and I'd rather not push that on the kids. It's fine for my wife and I, we're done having crotch gremlins.

Comment

That may be the case, but based on the numbers from the poll I'm not sure people are going to be rushing to get the kids the jab. I'm sure a large number of people are there to troll Milano because that's how Twitter operates, but 92% out of 173,000 votes is still a pretty good number. I would bet it's closer to half or less for kids getting the jab 6 months from now. We're sitting at just 2/3 vaccinated for adults right now after 10+ months, I seriously doubt we'll be at 66% for kids by summer.
                                  Last edited by ulukinatme; 11-08-2021, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• My brother has refused to get the shots. He's not anit-vax, he just doesn't trust a vaccine that was developed in such a short time without the usual clinical trials. He worries about them discovering some long-term health problem in a few years. Anyway, a friend of ours who's rather liberal, has been all over FB for months belittling anyone who won't get vaccinated. He hasn't so much touted the benefits and tried to persuade as much as he's belittled and attacked all who don't agree with him. Months and months of, "Only an uneducated, superstitious, inbred, anti-science, neckbeard, deplorable would be so stupid as to not trust Fauci and the government and not get vaccinated." It's just been a relentless stream of angry insults and belittling attacks. Amazing how persuasive such an approach is, no? He directed some of it specifically at my brother for questioning the long term effects. Anyway, after all that, he got the booster shot last month and had such a bad reaction that he ended up in the ICU for almost two weeks and came within a hair of being discharged in a box. After he got home and began posting about his reaction and hospitalization, I just replied, "Ironic, huh?" He hasn't replied to that and hasn't done any more "You're all idiots for not getting vaccinated" posts either.
                                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• That's kinda crazy. Seems like a lot of people that got bad reactions were on the 2nd dose...wonder why it would happen on the booster and not the 1st two? Isn't the booster just an additional dose of the original vaccine? That's what I'm seeing on Hopkins' website anyway.

Comment

That may be the case, but based on the numbers from the poll I'm not sure people are going to be rushing to get the kids the jab. I'm sure a large number of people are there to troll Milano because that's how Twitter operates, but 92% out of 173,000 votes is still a pretty good number. I would bet it's closer to half or less for kids getting the jab 6 months from now. We're sitting at just 2/3 vaccinated for adults right now after 10+ months, I seriously doubt we'll be at 66% for kids by summer.
                                        IMO, I seriously doubt the unvaccinated will get their kids poked. Of the 2/3 that are vax'd I don't think that group will reach 2/3 for their kids. Maybe 40-50%?

Comment

Ivermectin should only be used in trials. You can find doctors to prescribe it if you have money, but the only reasonable trial done doesn't find a benefit. There are a ton of drugs in trials. I hope Joe didn't take any of those without enrolling in trials.

One big failure of our response was the inability to conduct multifactorial RCT's like Britain. A big part of that was docs deciding to throw shit at people whilly nilly up front rather than enroll their patients in trials because they were sure x y or z drug worked.
                                          Sorry to just now follow up...

I'm not recommending the use of Ivermectin. I'm just pointing out that there are more trials taking place right now (with the use of NIH grants in this country) and the mainstream media's failure to acknowledge that while simultaneously fabricating a story about what Rogan was prescribed and also reporting on Merck and Pfizers oral anti-viral pill development is precisely the reason so many people are cynical and don't trust big-pharma, the government, or the MSM. I couldn't even make this point to my co-worker that day in conversation because the mere mention of Rogan's name apparently was so offensive that she shut down the convo. *shrug*

I've been working with this co-worker for 15 years. I typically avoid the political and religious topics for obvious reasons. But because Covid has become so political, I working in the medical field, can't avoid the conversations and sometimes I get sick of hearing the liberal banter, especially when it's clearly a memo put out by their respective echo chambers.

Comment

• On the topic of vaccinating my 6 year old daughter: We plan to do it, we just "don't want to be first in line." I think a lot of parents feel this way.

Comment

We're above 70% past the 1st shot for adults. I think teens are sitting around 50%. Over here (DC) there's a significant wait to get them. I also expect that after the winter there'll be less disease activity, relaxed restrictions and less polarization over the issue. I expect the virus to be less on the forefront of the news/politics etc. Because vaccinations will be higher. There'll be more natural immunity, and we'll have a pill for it.

I can also tell you that every general pediatrician I know is getting their kid vaccinated ASAP. Pediatricians are used to selling vaccination to people. Parents are used to vaccinating their kids.

I'd also expect this to be a mandatory vaccine for schools next fall in most blue states and big cities.

Comment

Sorry to just now follow up...

I'm not recommending the use of Ivermectin. I'm just pointing out that there are more trials taking place right now (with the use of NIH grants in this country) and the mainstream media's failure to acknowledge that while simultaneously fabricating a story about what Rogan was prescribed and also reporting on Merck and Pfizers oral anti-viral pill development is precisely the reason so many people are cynical and don't trust big-pharma, the government, or the MSM. I couldn't even make this point to my co-worker that day in conversation because the mere mention of Rogan's name apparently was so offensive that she shut down the convo. *shrug*

I've been working with this co-worker for 15 years. I typically avoid the political and religious topics for obvious reasons. But because Covid has become so political, I working in the medical field, can't avoid the conversations and sometimes I get sick of hearing the liberal banter, especially when it's clearly a memo put out by their respective echo chambers.
                                                Pfizer has positive data. 4/5 studies showing any benefit of ivermectin have been retracted due to falsified data. We have 0 data in a 1st world country showing positive results for ivermectin. If you're taking ivermectin out of a trial for COVID you're a nut. It's not even the cheap generic with the best preliminary evidence (that's fluvoxamine).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                  My brother has refused to get the shots. He's not anit-vax, he just doesn't trust a vaccine that was developed in such a short time without the usual clinical trials. He worries about them discovering some long-term health problem in a few years. Anyway, a friend of ours who's rather liberal, has been all over FB for months belittling anyone who won't get vaccinated. He hasn't so much touted the benefits and tried to persuade as much as he's belittled and attacked all who don't agree with him. Months and months of, "Only an uneducated, superstitious, inbred, anti-science, neckbeard, deplorable would be so stupid as to not trust Fauci and the government and not get vaccinated." It's just been a relentless stream of angry insults and belittling attacks. Amazing how persuasive such an approach is, no? He directed some of it specifically at my brother for questioning the long term effects. Anyway, after all that, he got the booster shot last month and had such a bad reaction that he ended up in the ICU for almost two weeks and came within a hair of being discharged in a box. After he got home and began posting about his reaction and hospitalization, I just replied, "Ironic, huh?" He hasn't replied to that and hasn't done any more "You're all idiots for not getting vaccinated" posts either.
                                                  What did he get hospitalized with? If not myocarditis there's nothing linked to the mRNA vaccines.

Comment

What did he get hospitalized with? If not myocarditis there's nothing linked to the mRNA vaccines.
                                                    I don't know. I haven't spoken with him by phone and he didn't say online. His wife just posted that he had a high fever and had to go to the ER, then they put him in ICU for 12 days. Since his release, he hasn't said, other than it was a reaction to the booster.
                                                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

My brother has refused to get the shots. He's not anit-vax, he just doesn't trust a vaccine that was developed in such a short time without the usual clinical trials. He worries about them discovering some long-term health problem in a few years. Anyway, a friend of ours who's rather liberal, has been all over FB for months belittling anyone who won't get vaccinated. He hasn't so much touted the benefits and tried to persuade as much as he's belittled and attacked all who don't agree with him. Months and months of, "Only an uneducated, superstitious, inbred, anti-science, neckbeard, deplorable would be so stupid as to not trust Fauci and the government and not get vaccinated." It's just been a relentless stream of angry insults and belittling attacks. Amazing how persuasive such an approach is, no? He directed some of it specifically at my brother for questioning the long term effects. Anyway, after all that, he got the booster shot last month and had such a bad reaction that he ended up in the ICU for almost two weeks and came within a hair of being discharged in a box. After he got home and began posting about his reaction and hospitalization, I just replied, "Ironic, huh?" He hasn't replied to that and hasn't done any more "You're all idiots for not getting vaccinated" posts either.
                                                      I always wonder why people have social media in the first place but if you do, why keep someone as a “friend” who belittles you. Worst thing to happen to society since I’ve been alive.
                                                      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• So this is still a thing? Let me know how your kid "vaccines" (and subsequent perpetual boosters) go and maybe I'll consider it in 5-10 years when the data has legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                          So this is still a thing? Let me know how your kid "vaccines" (and subsequent perpetual boosters) go and maybe I'll consider it in 5-10 years when the data has legs.
                                                          Most vaccine series have 3 or 4 shots. We've approved vaccines in the past after 4 years of development... decades ago when we had worse tech and had no impetus to fund development aggressively. Also, why the air quotes around vaccine? You just shrug it off when the kids I care for die?

Comment

• Reached the point in my friend group where I know more people who have had breakthrough cases than got covid pre-vaccine. Obviously, the vaccines are still effective at preventing hospitalizations/death, but if the goal is to reduce the spread, I really don't think these mandates are going to accomplish much.

Comment

I don't know. I haven't spoken with him by phone and he didn't say online. His wife just posted that he had a high fever and had to go to the ER, then they put him in ICU for 12 days. Since his release, he hasn't said, other than it was a reaction to the booster.
                                                              There's this too. My wife took care of a woman that had this happen due to the flu shot. Former police officer, and she became a quadriplegic after the flu shot.

https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/st...75322620231683

Comment

• Didn’t realize that nobody has seen Newsom for close to 2 weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                                  Reached the point in my friend group where I know more people who have had breakthrough cases than got covid pre-vaccine. Obviously, the vaccines are still effective at preventing hospitalizations/death, but if the goal is to reduce the spread, I really don't think these mandates are going to accomplish much.
                                                                  Post booster you have 95% protection from symptoms compared to having just the initial 2 shots. Within 6 months of the 1st 2 shots your symptomatic protection is high. Additionally vaccinated people who get I'll spread it less well than the unvaccinated (they spread for a shorter amount of time).

Even ignoring that, reducing the number of unvaccinated people reduces the odds the local hospitals get swamped.

Comment

Pfizer has positive data. 4/5 studies showing any benefit of ivermectin have been retracted due to falsified data. We have 0 data in a 1st world country showing positive results for ivermectin. If you're taking ivermectin out of a trial for COVID you're a nut. It's not even the cheap generic with the best preliminary evidence (that's fluvoxamine).
                                                                    I agree. I'm not suggesting usage outside of a trial. I was simply trying to point out that there are new trials underway that should hopefully clear the air once and for all...and the mere mention of it seems to strike nerves in people like my co-worker.

Comment

• I recall the powers that be claimed the vaccine was a one time shot and it was 100% effective against death and hospitalization AND prevented transmission. We are now at shot three with the possibility of semi annual or annual shot requirements to just lessen the chance of hospitalization and death. Think about that for second. Now, the devotees spew meaningless percentages 95% or name a % to claim some knowledge they do not have.

I no longer trust the medical profession. COVID has exposed the majority of them as overpaid stenographers. Their analytical skills barely reaching the level of auto mechanic.

Comment

• Originally posted by N_D_Fighting_Irish View Post
                                                                        I recall the powers that be claimed the vaccine was a one time shot and it was 100% effective against death and hospitalization AND prevented transmission. We are now at shot three with the possibility of semi annual or annual shot requirements to just lessen the chance of hospitalization and death. Think about that for second. Now, the devotees spew meaningless percentages 95% or name a % to claim some knowledge they do not have.

I no longer trust the medical profession. COVID has exposed the majority of them as overpaid stenographers. Their analytical skills barely reaching the level of auto mechanic.
                                                                        Which previous coronavirus has a vaccine with 100% efficacy? Not sure I can think of one, I'm guessing you have one in mind if you're disappointed with the results.

Comment

Which previous coronavirus has a vaccine with 100% efficacy? Not sure I can think of one, I'm guessing you have one in mind if you're disappointed with the results.
                                                                          I can’t think of one nor can I think of another human “vaccine” for a coronavirus. You would think the professionals especially Fauci would have know that. So where did the 100% effectiveness claim come from?

Now you might argue that no one explicitly claimed 100%; but that would be disingenuous considering how it was implied over and over again without correction by the “fact checkers”. Now its effectiveness is some high % that wanes over time…basically a placebo with unknown short term and long term side effects.

Comment

I can’t think of one nor can I think of another human “vaccine” for a coronavirus. You would think the professionals especially Fauci would have know that. So where did the 100% effectiveness claim come from?

Now you might argue that no one explicitly claimed 100%; but that would be disingenuous considering how it was implied over and over again without correction by the “fact checkers”. Now its effectiveness is some high % that wanes over time…basically a placebo with unknown short term and long term side effects.
                                                                            Yeah sorry but this is total bullshit. Literally everything related to Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J that was released when they were getting approved cited very specific efficacy numbers for very specific outcomes -- against infection, against death, etc. They didn't make these up, it was direct information from clinical trials.

They also included efficacy numbers over time related to when you had received your dose(s). Later, once the Delta strain happened and they had longer duration waning efficacy-over-time information, they released numbers related to that. They are constantly releasing this sort of information and NEVER said it was 100% effective in any of it.

Comment

• On the vaccine for kids thing -- 0% chance a child of mine is getting it without long term studies, mainly because the risk vs benefit analysis seems way off the mark. For example, there is a massive outbreak of RSV going around which is much worse for kids and they have a vaccine for it... but I can't get the RSV vaccine without paying hundreds of dollars out of pocket for it? And the COVID vaccine -- with lower efficacy and lower upside for a small child -- is free and I'm supposed to bend over backwards to get it for my kid as soon as possible? Hard pass.

Focus right now needs to be on therapeutics and getting back to normal.

Comment

The effectiveness claim came from you, and people that didn't actually read reports produced. Somehow, it's everyone else's fault you are holding onto this notion that it was supposed to be 100%.

It's like arguing a box score on ESPN because you didn't take the time to look at the score.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Yeah sorry but this is total bullshit. Literally everything related to Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J that was released when they were getting approved cited very specific efficacy numbers for very specific outcomes -- against infection, against death, etc. They didn't make these up, it was direct information from clinical trials.

They also included efficacy numbers over time related to when you had received your dose(s). Later, once the Delta strain happened and they had longer duration waning efficacy-over-time information, they released numbers related to that. They are constantly releasing this sort of information and NEVER said it was 100% effective in any of it.
                                                                                  You make a key point by including the impact of Delta. Remember the vaccines became available before it was evident that Delta would be so impactful. Under Gamma it looked like almost immediate success as the nation was ramping up. Then they paused JNJ and the seed of doubt was planted to those who were hesitant (That’s my theory since it coincided w/ the drop in vaccine rate).

Once the number of vaxxed started waning, Delta started doing it’s thing and while it prevented more hospitalization & reduced severity, Delta showed how leaky the vax was. Thankfully, it looks like we are finally improving. I’m especially encouraged by all the therapeutics that may be available in the near future…helpfully before the next variant.

Comment

• Europe is in the midst of a huge Covid resurgence, regardless of vaccination rate. The following countries are at all-time high case-counts:

Iceland - 76% Fully Vaccinated
                                                                                    Denmark - 76% Fully Vaccinated
                                                                                    Belgium - 74% Fully Vaccinated
                                                                                    Finland - 71% Fully Vaccinated
                                                                                    Netherlands - 69% Fully Vaccinated
                                                                                    Germany - 67% Fully Vaccinated
                                                                                    Austria - 66% Fully Vaccinated

I ask again - what proof do we have that mandates will do anything to slow the spread (not hospitalizations/deaths)?

Comment

The effectiveness claim came from you, and people that didn't actually read reports produced. Somehow, it's everyone else's fault you are holding onto this notion that it was supposed to be 100%.

It's like arguing a box score on ESPN because you didn't take the time to look at the score.
                                                                                      No, the effectiveness claim did not come from me. It was implied over and over 24/7 like all effective propaganda. Average Americans do not read reports and clinical trials. Given their lack of expertise and time scarcity, they entrust their health to the professionals. IMO the health establishment has failed in their societal duty to be candid about the virus and the truth about the “vaccine”. The “they/you should have read the contract/clinical trials” defense that you are offering would shock a good number of Americans who took faith to what was presented to them by the health establishment.

Comment

No, the effectiveness claim did not come from me. It was implied over and over 24/7 like all effective propaganda. Average Americans do not read reports and clinical trials. Given their lack of expertise and time scarcity, they entrust their health to the professionals. IMO the health establishment has failed in their societal duty to be candid about the virus and the truth about the “vaccine”. The “they/you should have read the contract/clinical trials” defense that you are offering would shock a good number of Americans who took faith to what was presented to them by the health establishment.
                                                                                        I think we can all agree there was a misinformation campaign in the form of propaganda in the phrasing "A pandemic of the unvaccinated" and "99.9% of those in ICU are unvaccinated."

In a similar manner, I think this is what N_D_Fighting_Irish is getting at with regards to the propaganda related to what promises people were given as to the vaccine(s) efficacy. We all know it wasn't and isn't 99.9% of unvaccinated people with COVID in ICU's, and yet that was the company line regurgitated by media outlets, politicians and even medical communities. Likewise, there were plenty of big promises about the efficacy we should expect with the vaccine(s) and ever since the talking heads have been shifting the goal posts.
                                                                                        Last edited by bobbyok1; 11-09-2021, 04:02 PM.
                                                                                        When God does the big things, the little people get drawn in too. Human systems often forget that, but God doesn’t.- N.T. Wright "from "Simply Jesus"

Comment

"I recall the powers that be claimed the vaccine was a one time shot and it was 100% effective against death and hospitalization AND prevented transmission." - You typed this, correct? Surely you can support this claim, or it's just admitting that you misunderstood/didn't read how vaccines work.

People die from appendectomies yearly, of course it's rare, but it's a straight forward procedure that you understand there is a miniscule risk to it. There isn't an "anti-surgery" movement.

If everyone was vaccinated, do you think we would be worse off?

Comment

"I recall the powers that be claimed the vaccine was a one time shot and it was 100% effective against death and hospitalization AND prevented transmission." - You typed this, correct? Surely you can support this claim, or it's just admitting that you misunderstood/didn't read how vaccines work.

People die from appendectomies yearly, of course it's rare, but it's a straight forward procedure that you understand there is a miniscule risk to it. There isn't an "anti-surgery" movement.

If everyone was vaccinated, do you think we would be worse off?

If you are claiming that, when the vaccine came out, the powers that be disclosed that this "vaccine" will not prevent hospitalization, will not prevent deaths, and will not stop transmission of the virus then you have no credibility in my eye.

Misunderstanding/not knowing how vaccines work are precisely how they sold this experimental drug as a vaccine. Once the data came out, the definition of vaccine was changed to satisfy or clear up the public’s confusion about the drug.

I don’t understand your straw man argument about appendectomies. What are you trying to say?

If everyone was vaccinated? No one is vaccinated. People are taking an experimental drug not a vaccine.

Comment

• Here was the NEJM Pfizer study as it relates to Delta variant: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891

No one (in the scientific community) claimed it to be 100% effective.

Comment

If you are claiming that, when the vaccine came out, the powers that be disclosed that this "vaccine" will not prevent hospitalization, will not prevent deaths, and will not stop transmission of the virus then you have no credibility in my eye.

Misunderstanding/not knowing how vaccines work are precisely how they sold this experimental drug as a vaccine. Once the data came out, the definition of vaccine was changed to satisfy or clear up the public’s confusion about the drug.

I don’t understand your straw man argument about appendectomies. What are you trying to say?

If everyone was vaccinated? No one is vaccinated. People are taking an experimental drug not a vaccine.
                                                                                                Claiming others don't have credibility yet not showing who said it's 100% effective, is just *chefs kiss*

Not a straw man, pal. An example of a nearly perfect medical procedure that has a miniscule amount of risk yet people go forward with it.

Which are your favorite vaccines? I'm extremely curious on which vaccines you've taken that provide 100% efficacy.

Comment

Claiming others don't have credibility yet not showing who said it's 100% effective, is just *chefs kiss*

Not a straw man, pal. An example of a nearly perfect medical procedure that has a miniscule amount of risk yet people go forward with it.

Which are your favorite vaccines? I'm extremely curious on which vaccines you've taken that provide 100% efficacy.
                                                                                                  Your inability to admit how they initially marketed this “vaccine” relays to me how fragile your beliefs are. You could reasonably argue that disclosing the shortcomings of the “vaccine” would have dissuaded people from taking it. That the health establishment made a calculated decision based on the knowledge they had at the time about the virus and the vaccine not to provide full disclosure in order to save lives. It seems you have not really given much serious thought just parroting talking points….especially considering your peculiar “what is my favorite vaccine” question. Let’s agree to disagree.

Comment

• Is any one else getting beyond tired of the Mask & Social Distancing theater? You see photo ops of a small group of prominent people who are definitely vaccinated and yet are all still wearing masks. Or how almost every news cast or sports show has anchors sitting practically across the room from each other. I bet these people are all vaxxed and probably undergo regular testing, and yet still we get the Covid Precaution Show. Get over yourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post

I think we can all agree there was a misinformation campaign in the form of propaganda in the phrasing "A pandemic of the unvaccinated" and "99.9% of those in ICU are unvaccinated."

In a similar manner, I think this is what N_D_Fighting_Irish is getting at with regards to the propaganda related to what promises people were given as to the vaccine(s) efficacy. We all know it wasn't and isn't 99.9% of unvaccinated people with COVID in ICU's, and yet that was the company line regurgitated by media outlets, politicians and even medical communities. Likewise, there were plenty of big promises about the efficacy we should expect with the vaccine(s) and ever since the talking heads have been shifting the goal posts.
                                                                                                      You would think every would agree. As Orwell concisely noted “To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle”.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X