Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



  • Dumbest of Times, Dumbest of Nations.
    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post


      Dumbest of Times, Dumbest of Nations.
      LoL. This shit is almost inconceivable.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

        LoL. This shit is almost inconceivable.


        Note the faces of the people sitting behind her. Absolutely classic.

        Q-balls.
        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

          lol, this is becoming pure comedy.

          "Watch this and you'll be shocked"

          "There's a mountain of evidence"

          "Just look at the quoted scientific studies"

          107 pages to show referenced studies seems a little ridiculous right? This is not very scientific. The studies should be easily discoverable and indexed in a very basic way so anyone can find them and look them up.
          Not just that, but the source was literally a quack anti-vax organization trying to push ivermectin.

          You mean to tell me the British Ivermectin Recommendation Development Group isn't reputable????

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post



            IrishRazor82, your thoughts?

            Comment


            • I tried getting a key to stick to my forehead and a spoon to stick to my ass for two hours yesterday. Nothing.

              I guess I'm not fully vaxxed.
              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post

                15 minutes is nothing, they don't even get going until the 28 minute mark.

                Concrete evidence? What about the 1,200 employees at a hospital that were offered Ivermectin and then studied for 10 weeks? 789 chose to take it, the rest did not. Of the 789, zero tested positive for COVID over those 10 weeks, and 58% of those who chose not to tested positive. This is an undeniable signal of efficacy, and it's just one of many examples on the preventative side outlined in this discussion (many more of the treatment side).

                If this is "nothing" along with the other population health studies showing the same thing, you have to question your bias or critical thinking on the subject.
                I see you dodged my post. Maybe you can reply to this one. Please post a link to a peer reviewed double blind placebo study. Not some "concrete" evidence from a hospital in Argentina. If there was no legit study done then its not concrete. Well it might be concrete but it would fail the slump test immensely.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by phork View Post

                  I see you dodged my post. Maybe you can reply to this one. Please post a link to a peer reviewed double blind placebo study. Not some "concrete" evidence from a hospital in Argentina. If there was no legit study done then its not concrete. Well it might be concrete but it would fail the slump test immensely.
                  The absence of a peer reviewed, "gold standard", double blind study does not mean we know nothing - you realize those take time, coordination, funding, and most importantly.... time. We were in a pandemic and a number of hospitals/regions/doctors got in on Ivermectin and the results they all found are the same: 100% safe, immediate improvement if already had COVID, and incredible strong preventative properties.

                  Everyone else is waiting on the gigantic, pharmaceutically funded "gold standard" and in the meantime, 100's of thousands have and will continue to die by avoiding talking about Ivermectin in regards to preventing and treating COVID.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post

                    The absence of a peer reviewed, "gold standard", double blind study does not mean we know nothing - you realize those take time, coordination, funding, and most importantly.... time. We were in a pandemic and a number of hospitals/regions/doctors got in on Ivermectin and the results they all found are the same: 100% safe, immediate improvement if already had COVID, and incredible strong preventative properties.

                    Everyone else is waiting on the gigantic, pharmaceutically funded "gold standard" and in the meantime, 100's of thousands have and will continue to die by avoiding talking about Ivermectin in regards to preventing and treating COVID.
                    Ivermectin was brought to you by the same evil Big Pharma that you just criticized. As horrible as folks claim the US healthcare is, it was the US & evil Big Pharma that brought us vaccinations in record time that were & have been proven both safe & effective. Yes, there are side effects but there are always side effects if you want good effects. The key is: do the benefits outweigh the risks? They have proven to do just that in regards to the vaccines.

                    Ivermectin is safe so I don’t have a problem w/ folks using it off-label. Especially in third world countries. You still have to have the trial(s) for final confirmation. Everything else is anecdotal evidence. It was the same w/ Plaquenil. But at the end of the day, you have to have double blind, placebo studies that are peer reviewed to get a consensus. It’s frustrating but it’s also necessary.

                    Comment


                    • 5 papers now out and 20 randomized studies all showing the same thing. If we're truly in a pandemic, there's no reason to buy late on a perfectly safe drug that's virtually free and available everywhere..

                      https://vimeo.com/562286662

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Irishize View Post

                        Ivermectin was brought to you by the same evil Big Pharma that you just criticized. As horrible as folks claim the US healthcare is, it was the US & evil Big Pharma that brought us vaccinations in record time that were & have been proven both safe & effective. Yes, there are side effects but there are always side effects if you want good effects. The key is: do the benefits outweigh the risks? They have proven to do just that in regards to the vaccines.

                        Ivermectin is safe so I don’t have a problem w/ folks using it off-label. Especially in third world countries. You still have to have the trial(s) for final confirmation. Everything else is anecdotal evidence. It was the same w/ Plaquenil. But at the end of the day, you have to have double blind, placebo studies that are peer reviewed to get a consensus. It’s frustrating but it’s also necessary.
                        The venn of people pushing ivermectin and antivaxxers is a flat circle.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Irishize View Post

                          Ivermectin was brought to you by the same evil Big Pharma that you just criticized. As horrible as folks claim the US healthcare is, it was the US & evil Big Pharma that brought us vaccinations in record time that were & have been proven both safe & effective. Yes, there are side effects but there are always side effects if you want good effects. The key is: do the benefits outweigh the risks? They have proven to do just that in regards to the vaccines.

                          Ivermectin is safe so I don’t have a problem w/ folks using it off-label. Especially in third world countries. You still have to have the trial(s) for final confirmation. Everything else is anecdotal evidence. It was the same w/ Plaquenil. But at the end of the day, you have to have double blind, placebo studies that are peer reviewed to get a consensus. It’s frustrating but it’s also necessary.
                          Big Pharma is not outright horrible across the board. Things are nuanced, even in this day and age when people want everything to be crystal clear, short answers only.

                          Ivermectin was a benefit to big pharma until it went off patent. It now has no financial value, hence the push for a "new" antiviral medication that's in the hopper that we can only hope to be as safe and effective as Ivermectin. This is one of those cases big pharma in collusion with the government is not doing the right thing and it should blow up in their faces. But clearly the effort to suppress this from being widely known is in full force and apparently quite effective thus far.

                          We'll see if they can keep the secret alive.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post

                            The venn of people pushing ivermectin and antivaxxers is a flat circle.
                            *Botched lobotomy's is the third circle

                            Comment




                            • These idiots were out in full force on Saturday, too, as you'd might expect. The lies and propoganda were flying just about immediately when Eriksen had gone down.

                              It's that easy to make up bullshit and have it spread over social media.
                              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post

                                Big Pharma is not outright horrible across the board. Things are nuanced, even in this day and age when people want everything to be crystal clear, short answers only.

                                Ivermectin was a benefit to big pharma until it went off patent. It now has no financial value, hence the push for a "new" antiviral medication that's in the hopper that we can only hope to be as safe and effective as Ivermectin. This is one of those cases big pharma in collusion with the government is not doing the right thing and it should blow up in their faces. But clearly the effort to suppress this from being widely known is in full force and apparently quite effective thus far.

                                We'll see if they can keep the secret alive.
                                Don't forget the media. They need their cut. lol

                                Comment


                                • The Delta variant is something worth following, especially among the unvaccinated.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post

                                    Big Pharma is not outright horrible across the board. Things are nuanced, even in this day and age when people want everything to be crystal clear, short answers only.

                                    Ivermectin was a benefit to big pharma until it went off patent. It now has no financial value, hence the push for a "new" antiviral medication that's in the hopper that we can only hope to be as safe and effective as Ivermectin. This is one of those cases big pharma in collusion with the government is not doing the right thing and it should blow up in their faces. But clearly the effort to suppress this from being widely known is in full force and apparently quite effective thus far.

                                    We'll see if they can keep the secret alive.
                                    We have an RCT showing Ivermectin doesnt work. We have an RCT showing steroids do. Steroids are all off patent protection and cheap as dirt.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post

                                      We have an RCT showing Ivermectin doesnt work. We have an RCT showing steroids do. Steroids are all off patent protection and cheap as dirt.
                                      But steroids won't fill the wallets of Big Pharma.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post
                                        The Delta variant is something worth following, especially among the unvaccinated.
                                        Nile or Mississippi?
                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

                                          Nile or Mississippi?
                                          Ignoring your poor effort at a joke.

                                          The Delta is 40% more contagious and is proving to cause worse symptoms than the Alpha virus. The good news is that the vaccines are showing strong efficacy rates against it. If people continue to refuse to get vaccinated, local and regional outbreaks could occur, causing more death and more economic turmoil. It's something to monitor as its likely to become the dominant strain at some point in time.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post

                                            Ignoring your poor effort at a joke.

                                            The Delta is 40% more contagious and is proving to cause worse symptoms than the Alpha virus. The good news is that the vaccines are showing strong efficacy rates against it. If people continue to refuse to get vaccinated, local and regional outbreaks could occur, causing more death and more economic turmoil. It's something to monitor as its likely to become the dominant strain at some point in time.
                                            What is alpha? Which is what now?

                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

                                              What is alpha? Which is what now?
                                              (Disclaimer: I'm not a big fan of the WHO) The Greek lettering system is the new method of classification of variants by the WHO. The Alpha variant (aka the UK strain) was one of the first variants detected. The Indian variant is the Delta.

                                              https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/...ffer-1.1236702

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post

                                                (Disclaimer: I'm not a big fan of the WHO) The Greek lettering system is the new method of classification of variants by the WHO. The Alpha variant (aka the UK strain) was one of the first variants detected. The Indian variant is the Delta.

                                                https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/...ffer-1.1236702
                                                ahhhhhh. Wish they just kept the other system in place. Easier for me to remember based on where they find these things. Oh well. I got my shots.
                                                Based Mullet Kid owns

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

                                                  ahhhhhh. Wish they just kept the other system in place. Easier for me to remember based on where they find these things. Oh well. I got my shots.
                                                  "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" goes the sheep

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Rack Em View Post

                                                    "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" goes the sheep
                                                    The pens in my office keep sticking to me!

                                                    Also, I keep hearing Bill Gates' voice in my head....
                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post

                                                      (Disclaimer: I'm not a big fan of the WHO) The Greek lettering system is the new method of classification of variants by the WHO. The Alpha variant (aka the UK strain) was one of the first variants detected. The Indian variant is the Delta.
                                                      Who doesn't like the WHO. Keith Moon, Roger Daltry. We won't get fooled again!

                                                      I'll show myself out.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • All the antivaxxers will be tested on their commitment to the philosophy; maybe not by the delta variant but eventually

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                                          All the antivaxxers will be tested on their commitment to the philosophy; maybe not by the delta variant but eventually
                                                          Do you not expect those who've had COVID and let their immune system strengthen naturally like it's supposed to do, do well against the variant? I do. That's one of the reasons the spiked protein in the vaccine is a red flag. If I were worried I'd just take Ivermectin anyway.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post
                                                            That's one of the reasons the spiked protein in the vaccine is a red flag.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post

                                                              Do you not expect those who've had COVID and let their immune system strengthen naturally like it's supposed to do, do well against the variant? I do. That's one of the reasons the spiked protein in the vaccine is a red flag. If I were worried I'd just take Ivermectin anyway.
                                                              I can't quite understand your biological claims. I have a background in biochemistry so I'm happy to engage in serious discussion. I think those who are choosing to not vaccinate are putting themselves in a disadvantaged position as we move forward in time.

                                                              Natural immunity is great as long as it isn't accompanied with any of the well-documented long term issues that's been correlated with COVID-19.

                                                              Tell me more about this spiked protein? What is it? Why is it a concern to you? What test was performed that showed this spike and what does it signify?

                                                              Do you already have a family supply of Ivermectin? Where did you purchase this? Are you confident it hasn't been cut with other agents? Have you laid out the dosing for you and/or your family? Confident you'll have a steady supply? Are you confident enough in your scientific understanding that you can live with the consequences should something go awry?

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

                                                                I can't quite understand your biological claims. I have a background in biochemistry so I'm happy to engage in serious discussion. I think those who are choosing to not vaccinate are putting themselves in a disadvantaged position as we move forward in time.

                                                                Natural immunity is great as long as it isn't accompanied with any of the well-documented long term issues that's been correlated with COVID-19.

                                                                Tell me more about this spiked protein? What is it? Why is it a concern to you? What test was performed that showed this spike and what does it signify?

                                                                Do you already have a family supply of Ivermectin? Where did you purchase this? Are you confident it hasn't been cut with other agents? Have you laid out the dosing for you and/or your family? Confident you'll have a steady supply? Are you confident enough in your scientific understanding that you can live with the consequences should something go awry?
                                                                Always a good way to engage in a serious discussion.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

                                                                  Always a good way to engage in a serious discussion.
                                                                  Trait is correct. The objective data on 1) unvaccinated people making up almost 100% of covid-related hospitalizations 2) a new variant that is more contagious and more severe than the former 3) long-term health complications correlated with Covid infection is undeniable. Simply "letting your immune system do what it's supposed to do" is a massive risk and should be met with condescension as it's wildly unsupported by any raw data. Razor likes to make claims without citing any legitimate evidence of support.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post

                                                                    Trait is correct. The objective data on 1) unvaccinated people making up almost 100% of covid-related hospitalizations 2) a new variant that is more contagious and more severe than the former 3) long-term health complications correlated with Covid infection is undeniable. Simply "letting your immune system do what it's supposed to do" is a massive risk and should be met with condescension as it's wildly unsupported by any raw data. Razor likes to make claims without citing any legitimate evidence of support.
                                                                    He may be correct, but I was pointing out the insincere offer to have a serious discussion. Instead he was openly mocking him. Just give us the facts and stop with the ridicule.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

                                                                      He may be correct, but I was pointing out the insincere offer to have a serious discussion. Instead he was openly mocking him. Just give us the facts and stop with the ridicule.
                                                                      How was I mocking? Those were legitimate questions. He's put a lot of faith in Ivermectin and I want to know more about his strategy and how he thinks it'll play out. He's certainly read enough information to make a decision for himsel/his family. I'd like to know what steps he's taken to ensure his plan works and/or deal with the fallout if there is a negative event.

                                                                      My post above was completely sincere. I'm mildly taken aback at your certainty of my post being disingenuous.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post

                                                                        Trait is correct. The objective data on 1) unvaccinated people making up almost 100% of covid-related hospitalizations 2) a new variant that is more contagious and more severe than the former 3) long-term health complications correlated with Covid infection is undeniable. Simply "letting your immune system do what it's supposed to do" is a massive risk and should be met with condescension as it's wildly unsupported by any raw data. Razor likes to make claims without citing any legitimate evidence of support.
                                                                        When someone makes the below post, how else are you supposed to respond? I don't think Trait's post was near the angst of the below post. Missed where Trait would say he would babysit or called Razor a dead end. lol

                                                                        "These are not my sources. The two doctors in the video provide a link to all of their sources. I'm not going to spend the time to go get them, read/post them here. If you want to dismiss it that's fine, but it's readily available if you want to take the discussion seriously, I'm just not going to babysit.

                                                                        I know a dead end when I see one. If 3 people watched the video, I'm satisfied. No level headed, unbias person who's truly interested in the "science" can listen and not leave with some serious concerns about the gravity behind this. You may not fall into this category, you seem addicted to the vaccine and dismissive of the mounting evidence it's not the only (or best) preventative or treatment.

                                                                        Hence, dead end."

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

                                                                          How was I mocking? Those were legitimate questions. He's put a lot of faith in Ivermectin and I want to know more about his strategy and how he thinks it'll play out. He's certainly read enough information to make a decision for himsel/his family. I'd like to know what steps he's taken to ensure his plan works and/or deal with the fallout if there is a negative event.

                                                                          My post above was completely sincere. I'm mildly taken aback at your certainty of my post being disingenuous.
                                                                          LOL just stop. Family supply? Cut with other agents? Yes those are logical questions.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                                                            But steroids won't fill the wallets of Big Pharma.
                                                                            Steroids are the mainstay of COVID therapy in addition to normal critical care we provide for other severe illness similar to it. My point is lack of benefit to "big pharma" doesn't stop doctors from using cheap meds and trials looking at them. YouTube videos and poorly constructed trials dont hold weight in medicine.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

                                                                              LOL just stop. Family supply? Cut with other agents? Yes those are logical questions.
                                                                              What the fuck are you on about? Please indulge me: Where do you purchase ivermectin? Where do you get enough for a family in case of a household infection? Are you confident that what you are purchasing is 100% the real deal? After a quick google search, I see it's not OTC. I don't know many docs that allow you to call and request specific antibiotics/anti-fungals. Which means I'm assuming many people will be trying to buy it online, which is fraught with peril.

                                                                              Maybe there is an easier path to using Ivermectin.

                                                                              It's really weird when you attempt to have a conversation and one person keeps butting in with a smile and says "LOL just stop". Either offer some input or kindly GTFO.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

                                                                                What the fuck are you on about? Please indulge me: Where do you purchase ivermectin? Where do you get enough for a family in case of a household infection? Are you confident that what you are purchasing is 100% the real deal? After a quick google search, I see it's not OTC. I don't know many docs that allow you to call and request specific antibiotics/anti-fungals. Which means I'm assuming many people will be trying to buy it online, which is fraught with peril.

                                                                                Maybe there is an easier path to using Ivermectin.

                                                                                It's really weird when you attempt to have a conversation and one person keeps butting in with a smile and says "LOL just stop". Either offer some input or kindly GTFO.
                                                                                Deleted my mocking post as that was stooping to a level that I shouldn't have.
                                                                                Last edited by ab2cmiller; 06-15-2021, 04:20 PM.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post

                                                                                  The absence of a peer reviewed, "gold standard", double blind study does not mean we know nothing - you realize those take time, coordination, funding, and most importantly.... time. We were in a pandemic and a number of hospitals/regions/doctors got in on Ivermectin and the results they all found are the same: 100% safe, immediate improvement if already had COVID, and incredible strong preventative properties.

                                                                                  Everyone else is waiting on the gigantic, pharmaceutically funded "gold standard" and in the meantime, 100's of thousands have and will continue to die by avoiding talking about Ivermectin in regards to preventing and treating COVID.
                                                                                  But yet we have these studies for vaccines that were made in less than a year. And readily available.
                                                                                  You also keep saying ivermectin is safe. It's safe for use it was prescribed for and in every study I have read the dosage required to affect covid is multiples of over dosing. Also side effects include (cut and pasted) Tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension, and PR interval prolongation, among others.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by phork View Post

                                                                                    But yet we have these studies for vaccines that were made in less than a year. And readily available.
                                                                                    You also keep saying ivermectin is safe. It's safe for use it was prescribed for and in every study I have read the dosage required to affect covid is multiples of over dosing. Also side effects include (cut and pasted) Tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension, and PR interval prolongation, among others.
                                                                                    I work in pediatric critical care. There are questions that don't lend themselves to RCT's (usually rare diseases, common diseases with rare impacts etc.). COVID lends itself incredibly well to performing RCT's. Other study types are good at generating hypotheses that are ideally answered by a follow on RCT.

                                                                                    Also, if the scottish data is accurate and Delta/Indian variant is 60% contagious and causes double the hospitalization rate some areas of the country are in for rough winters.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Morgan Stanley's CEO wants workers in NYC back in the office by the end of the summer.

                                                                                      https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/16/inves...ice/index.html

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Comment


                                                                                        • So I will share my COVID experience. Got it second week of May. After feeling crappy for a week and developing a fever I got tested and came up positive. Sent home with zero instruction other than rest up and quarantine. After living on the porch for over a week I had to stay overnight in the hospital to get steroids and low flow oxygen since I developed what would lazily be called pneumonia which really was a reduced lung function. Started with aches and pains that evolved into about 10 days of screen door shits and fevers. Wore my ass out like any flu would and being an indestructible I thought I would push through. Well winded to the point of laying down after going up a flight of stairs should have been a trip to the doctor but I thought I would tough it out for a more few days, fever had to kick soon and my butthole had turned inside out yet. Sent me straight to the hospital when I went to urgent care with pulse ox in high 80s. Thankfully fever broke that morning so in that way felt "better", first non-liquid poo the next day- seemed relevant to me but hospital nurse laughed at me and didn't take note. Steroids kicked in quickly and I was kicked out within 24 hours, probably a day too soon. Three weeks later I still fatigue with much activity but noticeable improvement each day. Probably another week from getting back to full activity levels now. At no point and time was I afraid of kicking the bucket and neither was the ID doctor, just felt like an inordinately large pile of shit.

                                                                                          Given the incredibly poor guidance from both the Urgent Care when diagnosed and the hospital staff who treated me later. I really don't have much good to say about our healthcare system doing much to help people take care of themselves. Customer service is a foreign concept too. I had no vitals visible to me - #1 concern was pulse ox levels, how is that not on a screen in my room somewhere? If I were a lazy ass and didn't get up and move around I am sure they would have kept me for a week. I asked about taking the oxygen off to see how I do while cleaning up and moving around - oh great idea! WTF was their plan? Really, hospitals only care about stabilizing the patient enough to kick their ass out with enough confidence you won't boomerang back. Would I have benefited from a few more days of supplemental oxygen? They didn't GAF, they needed the bed and this healthy 40 something wasn't going to die.

                                                                                          Still pissed at the lack of guidance at initial positive testing. After a year and a half you would think there would be more proactive response available than "take two Tylenol and don't call me in the morning". My advice to anyone feeling like shit out there:
                                                                                          1) Prone sleeping/positioning to improve lung function - your lungs work better if you lay face down apparently
                                                                                          2) Pulse oximeter ($12 on Amazon) if you ain't hitting mid 90s you ain't right. Fucking $12 device to monitor the most important metric affecting COVID patients and not recommended?
                                                                                          3) Probably an Albuterol inhaler
                                                                                          4) Zinc and Vit D
                                                                                          5) Pound fluids - people were surprised I wasn't dehydrated after pissing out my ass for 10 days. Well I'm not afraid to keep flushing the system. At least I did one thing right.

                                                                                          Those things probably would have kept me out of the hospital - may have avoided getting so bad but more likely would have been able to get steroid treatment from primary doctor or urgent care quite a few days earlier rather than shoved in to hospital after worsening further. But they got their COVID hospitalization money and stats.

                                                                                          Also will note I had been burning the candle at both ends for the month leading up to this, including the wife working 6 days straight prior to initial symptoms - so I am sure my immune system was less on point than usual. Otherwise no different activity than the previous 15+ months in which I was able to avoid the boogey man. In hindsight, I would trade a few days of discomfort from the vaccine for my round trip experience, but if I didn't get it for 15 months, what is the rush? I thought I had it Feb 2020 and wasn't too concerned about getting a vaccine ASAP since natural immunity is probably superior anyway. Let the old and fat get it first, I would get around to it later since I had nothing statistically to worry about from a mortality perspective. I knew I would need it to travel at some point, but no plans in the immediate future so meh.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • Glad you're recovering okay. Hopefully no lasting effects.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                              Glad you're recovering okay. Hopefully no lasting effects.
                                                                                              Thanks - time will tell.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Happy you don't have continued lung dysfunction and hope you continue on a quick path of recovery RDU. Thanks for sharing

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • Paper on 18 studies: https://journals.lww.com/americanthe...ing_the.4.aspx

                                                                                                  Conclusions:
                                                                                                  • Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance.
                                                                                                  • Results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin.
                                                                                                  • Ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.
                                                                                                  • It has been proved safe and been used over 4 billion times since 1975.

                                                                                                  This is widely available, essentially free, and calling it "the crime of the century" that this is being suppressed is being too kind. Doctors are being ripped off of social media and discredited for being right early and often - and that should scare the hell out of anyone who's still thinking.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post
                                                                                                    Paper on 18 studies: https://journals.lww.com/americanthe...ing_the.4.aspx

                                                                                                    Conclusions:
                                                                                                    • Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance.
                                                                                                    • Results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin.
                                                                                                    • Ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.
                                                                                                    • It has been proved safe and been used over 4 billion times since 1975.

                                                                                                    This is widely available, essentially free, and calling it "the crime of the century" that this is being suppressed is being too kind. Doctors are being ripped off of social media and discredited for being right early and often - and that should scare the hell out of anyone who's still thinking.
                                                                                                    The issue with meta analyses is they're as good as the studies they analyze. A good RCT beats a meta analysis from a bunch of crappy studies. Additionally the 1st and last author's have poor reputations research wise preceding the pandemic. Read up on the EVMU vitamin C sepsis study. It worked really well until anyone else tried to replicate what they did. Then it didn't work.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post
                                                                                                      This is widely available, essentially free, and calling it "the crime of the century" that this is being suppressed is being too kind. Doctors are being ripped off of social media and discredited for being right early and often - and that should scare the hell out of anyone who's still thinking.
                                                                                                      And there it is. Because anyone who presents more substantial evidence to the contrary is just not thinking.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X