• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my second moderna just now.
    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post

Hopefully that will be incentive for those adults who are unvaccinated to get their shots.
      Had they taken an optimistic message like that a month or two ago, and not gotten spooked by the dumb J&J stuff...I suspect more people would be less hesitant.

I got my first one last week.
      Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Got my first shot thursday, most people there were getting J&J

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post

Hopefully that will be incentive for those adults who are unvaccinated to get their shots.
          Maybe. The fire department I work for has seen only about 1/3 get vaccinated, even though we were the first ones allowed. Seems like it’s predominantly for political reasons. Very few mask wearing around here anyway so doubt any new CDC mandate will matter. I’m sure others have different reasons for being hesitant.
          "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
            Just got my second moderna just now.
            How you doin Cack? My 2nd was a doozy, about 36 hrs of rather high discomfort.

Comment

• SNL had a great opening skit on COVID and the CDC announcement.

Comment

Just got my second moderna just now.
                How are ya feeling? That second one kicked my ass.
                Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

How you doin Cack? My 2nd was a doozy, about 36 hrs of rather high discomfort.
                  Got it at noon on Saturday. Around 8 last night started getting a fever up to 103 but would last for an hour or so. Then go away. Then comeback in an hour. Had it all night. Very tired. Very sore. No energy.

Comment

Got it at noon on Saturday. Around 8 last night started getting a fever up to 103 but would last for an hour or so. Then go away. Then comeback in an hour. Had it all night. Very tired. Very sore. No energy.
                    Precisely why I didn't want to get it during finals szn
                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Where I live is down to 2 cases per 100k residents over the past week. USA down to 17k cases last reported day. Unless people start acting like total jackwagons over the next month COVID is over.

Comment

• Landed in West Palm and opened my phone to the CDC news Thursday. Was in Delray and didn't take out my mask from Thursday to Sunday other than for one uber. I'd say 50% of employees still wear them there. Some places no employees. In terms of patrons masking, I would say about 2%. Felt nice to be in 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                          Where I live is down to 2 cases per 100k residents over the past week. USA down to 17k cases last reported day. Unless people start acting like total jackwagons over the next month COVID is over.
                          Not over until I see the Crus green "CB"

Comment

• This looks promising.

https://news.uchicago.edu/story/uchi...aign=nanotraps

Comment

• https://www.wired.com/story/the-teen...=pocket-newtab

Cool story on why it took so long for medical science to acknowledge airborn transmission

Comment

• Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post
                                https://www.wired.com/story/the-teen...=pocket-newtab

Cool story on why it took so long for medical science to acknowledge airborn transmission
                                The WHO has been a joke the entire time we've been dealing with COVID.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

The WHO has been a joke the entire time we've been dealing with COVID.
                                  It was an issue for everyone including the cdc.

Comment

This is great to hear, and yet there is peer-reviewed research showing the effectiveness of Ivermectin and/or Hydroxychloroquine when either is combined with Zinc as a prophylaxis, or in treatment of COVID positive cases when aforementioned are combined with Azithromycin (or other antibiotics).

We already have a prophylaxis and treatment. I am completely dumbfounded as to why this is not more widely known and promoted.

HCQ- ​​​​​​https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...24857920304258
                                    IVM- ​​​​​​https://osf.io/wx3zn/
                                    When God does the big things, the little people get drawn in too. Human systems often forget that, but God doesn’t.- N.T. Wright "from "Simply Jesus"

Comment

• Andrew Cuomo made millions in NY suffer with a year long lockdown while he pocketed $5 mil off his book that he wrote during a pandemic. What a POS.
                                      The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• 2nd shot put me down for a couple of days but bouncing back. Today not 100% but when am I ever?

Comment

2nd shot put me down for a couple of days but bouncing back. Today not 100% but when am I ever?
                                          Glad you're feeling better. Still wait at least a week before you lick some railings in public, though.

Comment

• First shot booked for end of June....won't be fully vaxxed by October. Here I thought I would be able to get to a game in September.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                                              First shot booked for end of June....won't be fully vaxxed by October. Here I thought I would be able to get to a game in September.
                                              They not letting folks travel without having both?
                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

They not letting folks travel without having both?
                                                I'm guessing the CAD side will still have the two week quarantine thing if I'm not fully vaxxed, and I can't do that or I'll go insane. I would drink a litre of Flint water just to see a game.

Comment

I'm guessing the CAD side will still have the two week quarantine thing if I'm not fully vaxxed, and I can't do that or I'll go insane. I would drink a litre of Flint water just to see a game.
                                                  Make a fake card then lol. You'll be morally right anyway so its chill.
                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

First shot booked for end of June....won't be fully vaxxed by October. Here I thought I would be able to get to a game in September.
                                                    Why not until October? According to the CDC, the Moderna and Pfizer second shots should be within 4 or 3 weeks of the first shot and then the wait after the second shot is 2 weeks. Shouldn't that get you fully vaxxed by mid-August?

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post

Why not until October? According to the CDC, the Moderna and Pfizer second shots should be within 4 or 3 weeks of the first shot and then the wait after the second shot is 2 weeks. Shouldn't that get you fully vaxxed by mid-August?
                                                      Yeah, I was a rescheduling shift mgr at the ASU massvac site at State Farm Stadium and that's the correct math.

Comment

You would think, right? When I booked today (first time anyone 18-40 low risk can book) it pre-booked my next appointment for October 1st. Ontario is run by some of the smartest individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post

It was an issue for everyone including the cdc.
                                                          Not at the level of the WHO. They had an opportunity to pressure China into coming forward and providing much needed information that could have shortened this epidemic and saved lives. They stood by for a long time while the rest of the world tried to get this figured out.

Comment

2nd shot put me down for a couple of days but bouncing back. Today not 100% but when am I ever?
                                                            You really don't want us to answer that do you?

Glad you're getting over it.

Comment

Canadian math.

Comment

You really don't want us to answer that do you?

Glad you're getting over it.
                                                                Self-deprecation is one the reasons Im so lovable.

Comment

Where I live is down to 2 cases per 100k residents over the past week. USA down to 17k cases last reported day. Unless people start acting like total jackwagons over the next month COVID is over.
                                                                  Considering this is America, I'm betting on the jackwagons to "do them" and see you in the fall, my friend.
                                                                  It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Good news that the mRNA vaccines are around 88% effective against the India variant. Variant madness was definitely overblown.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                      Good news that the mRNA vaccines are around 88% effective against the India variant. Variant madness was definitely overblown.
                                                                      Is there a source? How is "effective" being defined?

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post

Is there a source? How is "effective" being defined?
                                                                        https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/24/two-...a-variant.html

Effective as in preventing symptomatic disease.

Comment

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/24/two-...a-variant.html

Effective as in preventing symptomatic disease.
                                                                          Most studies show MRNA vaxx immunity > AZ. Natural immunity vs AZ varies depending on the variant. To me the bigger risk is places with naturally derived population immunity being overrun by a worse strain. If something did overwhelm vaccine immunity we have the production capacity for mRNA shots to get a booster out rapidly and distribute in quickly. Worst case scenario I'd see is a 1 month shelter in place order to get shots in arms in the winter.

Comment

Good news that the mRNA vaccines are around 88% effective against the India variant. Variant madness was definitely overblown.
                                                                            I listened to a NY Times journalist covering India report on their latest surge on “The Daily” hosted by Michael Babaro of the NYT. What I took from his comments was that they locked down really hard the first month and “flattened the curve”. The problem seemed to be that when they started opening back up the millions that avoided it during the lockdown were now instilled w/ a false confidence that they had rode out the storm and could get back to normal activity.

Comment

• I think we have a little bit of a power and ego battle in Indiana. Repub Gov Holcomb eased restrictions including masks and then Dem Indy Mayor Hogsett said masks are still required until June 7.

Comment

• What a time to be alive.

Comment

What a time to be alive.
                                                                                  Proof that I hate the internet.

Comment

What a time to be alive.
                                                                                    Because we actually live in a society with people who have zero credibility considered “influencers” or the fact the Russians did this?
                                                                                    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• If anything the past year has been a case study on the effectiveness of masks both pros & cons

Comment

• I suspect we might see a Memorial Day plateau or slight increase before crashing down in mid June amongst the unvaccinated. NJ has done a great job of vaccinating with almost 75% of the adults with at least 1 dose, but that 25% is mainly younger demos. Was in a club here over the weekend with 1000 others pretty much on top of each other and no ventilation. I am sure hospitalizations will continue to decline, but I suspect an increase among these demos will take place.

Comment

I suspect we might see a Memorial Day plateau or slight increase before crashing down in mid June amongst the unvaccinated. NJ has done a great job of vaccinating with almost 75% of the adults with at least 1 dose, but that 25% is mainly younger demos. Was in a club here over the weekend with 1000 others pretty much on top of each other and no ventilation. I am sure hospitalizations will continue to decline, but I suspect an increase among these demos will take place.
                                                                                          Now we know what 23 looks like:

Comment

Now we know what 23 looks like:
                                                                                            More truth to this than I'd like to admit. arrowryan can attest.

Comment

• Well not sure if anyone watched the 500 but largest sporting event in covid era and most people maskless, should be great case study for football season
                                                                                              Prehistoric

Comment

• Any Weinstein brother fans out there? Bret's discussion today on COVID blew the doors off of everything we've been told. Sounds like there are immediate efforts in place to silence him on social media.

Bret Weinstein is a superstar and I urge anyone with any interest in COVID, response, and modern medicine watch his discussion from today. It's can't miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post
                                                                                                  Any Weinstein brother fans out there? Bret's discussion today on COVID blew the doors off of everything we've been told. Sounds like there are immediate efforts in place to silence him on social media.

Bret Weinstein is a superstar and I urge anyone with any interest in COVID, response, and modern medicine watch his discussion from today. It's can't miss.
                                                                                                  Why not just give a quick recap? Doubt anyone is gonna look up these guys

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post

Why not just give a quick recap? Doubt anyone is gonna look up these guys
                                                                                                    It's too nuanced and they explain it too well. The amount of evidence in different areas they present can't be cliffnoted. You'd also miss out on understanding how thoroughly they were in addressing this.

I expect it's going to blow up unless social media cant surpress ir successfully. But Bret Weinstein isn't exactly a nobody so I don't know how this will go. All I can say is I know how long 2.5 hours is, but it's worth every second. You will not be disappointed.
                                                                                                    Last edited by IrishRazor82; 06-01-2021, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/31/o...ak-theory.html

There is a bunch of truth to this.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X