No announcement yet.

COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the 10 year challenge was started by FBI for facial recognition and aging technology databases.
    Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

If there's one conspiracy that I ACTUALLY believe in my life... it's that there is a cure for HIV/AIDS, but it has been kept under wraps.
      well whoever has the cure must have been a lakers fan!
      Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

well whoever has the cure must have been a lakers fan!
        That's what I'm saying... Magic Johnson is the most compelling evidence!

Comment

• Not even sure if the Regan administration protecting cocaine traffickers to fund death squads even counts as "Conspiracy theory".

CIA smuggling heroin from Afghanistan does.
          "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
          --Samuel L

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

That's what I'm saying... Magic Johnson is the most compelling evidence!
            Let’s not kid ourselves that Magic could afford any off-label therapies regardless of cost but he’s never looked worse for wear. For some reason, folks never highlight the huge success pharma has had in HIV treatments. Patients can & should live long healthy lives. Didn’t the latest breakthrough (can’t remember the drug name)include patients no longer being able to transmit it to sexual partners?

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenToTheGrave View Post
              Not even sure if the Regan administration protecting cocaine traffickers to fund death squads even counts as "Conspiracy theory".

CIA smuggling heroin from Afghanistan does.
              Have you watched “The Last Narc” on Amazon Prime? What a great doc that shows the CIA does what the CIA wants to do and means fellow American lives lost as collateral damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                My conspiracy is the swing state vote flipping conducted by GOP on election night during Bush-Gore Election. Georgia, Ohio and Florida specifically.
                How different would the eorld/America be if Gore wins? We all say every election is the most important one, but w 911 and Iraq/Afganistan we might be a very different country if we don't go after Iraq and Afganistan is a shorter war. No bush tax cuts and the deficit issues might start with the financial crash in 08 instead. Would the financial crash happen? Probably. Who would the Republican answer to Obama be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post

Let’s not kid ourselves that Magic could afford any off-label therapies regardless of cost but he’s never looked worse for wear. For some reason, folks never highlight the huge success pharma has had in HIV treatments. Patients can & should live long healthy lives. Didn’t the latest breakthrough (can’t remember the drug name)include patients no longer being able to transmit it to sexual partners?
                  I think there's a couple different but they are called PrEP or something like that.
                  Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post

How different would the eorld/America be if Gore wins? We all say every election is the most important one, but w 911 and Iraq/Afganistan we might be a very different country if we don't go after Iraq and Afganistan is a shorter war. No bush tax cuts and the deficit issues might start with the financial crash in 08 instead. Would the financial crash happen? Probably. Who would the Republican answer to Obama be?
                    Obama wouldn't have happened and the country would have been ready for Republican leadership. Parties don't topically stay in power that long.
                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

Obama wouldn't have happened and the country would have been ready for Republican leadership. Parties don't topically stay in power that long.
                      I should specify I was saying the market/economy crashes in term 2 of Gore and that leaves an opening for a young charismatic Republican to be swept into power.

In terms of political balance we alternate between periods of close elections and periods of one party rule. Republicans dominated from the civil war to the gilded age.then again with McKinley, Roosevelt and Taft (Wilson only came in because he ran against a split party.) Without the depression the Republicans would have dominated with Hoover. Then the dems got to rule with the presidency and supermajorities in the legislature for a while.

Comment

• I remember seeing a Twitter post saying that the COVID vaccines are the biggest argument for socialized medicine to Americans yet and that support for socialized medicine would likely skyrocket after this. Meanwhile in Canada.... hahaha.

re: virus origin, I think it is lunacy to believe that the virus originated anywhere other than through the lab. China has done everything in their power to prevent any actual investigation from going public. How is it some sort of kooky “conspiracy” that the notoriously safety-lax military virus lab had an accidental leak. China has our entire media apparatus by the damn balls and I think that’s probably our nations biggest national security concern that almost nobody talks about. If China invaded Taiwan, our own domestic media outlets would be pushing Chinese propaganda for sure.
                        “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                        ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• We need a messy divorce economically from China
                          ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

IIRC Magic never developed AIDS. I know at the time he announced it, he said he was HIV positive, but no AIDS.

Comment

• Email from Father Jenkins yesterday.

Notre Dame will require all students – undergraduate, graduate, and professional – to be fully vaccinated as a condition of enrollment for the 2021–22 academic year. We will, of course, accommodate documented medical and religious exemptions

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

IIRC Magic never developed AIDS. I know at the time he announced it, he said he was HIV positive, but no AIDS.
                                You are correct. I didn’t think my post said he developed AIDS but if I worded it to imply that it was not my intent.

Comment

• Originally posted by PerthDomer View Post

I should specify I was saying the market/economy crashes in term 2 of Gore and that leaves an opening for a young charismatic Republican to be swept into power.

In terms of political balance we alternate between periods of close elections and periods of one party rule. Republicans dominated from the civil war to the gilded age.then again with McKinley, Roosevelt and Taft (Wilson only came in because he ran against a split party.) Without the depression the Republicans would have dominated with Hoover. Then the dems got to rule with the presidency and supermajorities in the legislature for a while.
                                  I agree with your take. This country isn’t as divided as elected officials and the media would like us to think. In other words, had Gore and McCain been elected instead of the actual winners, I don’t see it as tipping the balance of where we are today. A POTUS can only do so much and, as we know, they get blamed for all the bad & get credit for all the good for the most part.

IIRC, Hoover switched from Dem to Rep b/c it was the least path of resistance to the WH. He won as a Rep and then the Great Depression hit. A lot of his policies that were initially deemed as failures were seen as success under FDR...but FDR gets the credit for saving the US from the Depression & that generation of folks (our grandparents) were typically Democrats from then on b/c they identified Republicans as the ones who were in power when the Depression began & Dems as the ones in power when the Depression ended. Not taking away from FDR and his leadership. He was phenomenal in WW2 and did the best he could during the Depression but timing is everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDVirginia19 View Post
                                    I remember seeing a Twitter post saying that the COVID vaccines are the biggest argument for socialized medicine to Americans yet and that support for socialized medicine would likely skyrocket after this. Meanwhile in Canada.... hahaha.

re: virus origin, I think it is lunacy to believe that the virus originated anywhere other than through the lab. China has done everything in their power to prevent any actual investigation from going public. How is it some sort of kooky “conspiracy” that the notoriously safety-lax military virus lab had an accidental leak. China has our entire media apparatus by the damn balls and I think that’s probably our nations biggest national security concern that almost nobody talks about. If China invaded Taiwan, our own domestic media outlets would be pushing Chinese propaganda for sure.
                                    The reason why Canada is doing a comparatively shit job is because 1) We've totally spurned AAA pharmaceutical companies from having Canadian operations 2) We're the Michigan State of logistics. Blaming it on socialized medicine, is naïve and/or ignorant.

Comment

• Received my first vaccine on Monday, have to wait just under a month to get the 2nd due to "logistics". Hope this double mutant tapers off soon.

Comment

• Half the infections in the UK in March were asymptomatic: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-b1828361.html

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                          Half the infections in the UK in March were asymptomatic: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-b1828361.html
                                          If asymptomatic people drive spread that's bad. What you really care about in terms of numbers are percent sick enough to go to the hospital. If 90% were asymptomatic but 10% ended up in the hospital that'd be a nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                            Received my first vaccine on Monday, have to wait just under a month to get the 2nd due to "logistics". Hope this double mutant tapers off soon.
                                            Did you get Moderna or Pfizer? If you got Moderna, 28 days is the standard time between doses.
                                            I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

I think we are all entitled to one or two conspiracy theories whether we believe them or not

Mine is that the CIA killed JFK and the Clinton's have a long body count.
                                              I'm starting a thread for this. This conspiracy theory discussion has promise but no need to derail this thread about it. You can post about the conspiracy theories you actually believe or just those you find compelling. I think it'll be fun.

Comment

• Just got to Destin, FL yesterday. Stopped in Alabama a couple of times. NOBODY wearing masks. One lady told my wife to take off her mask and relax. Lol

Comment

• JnJ paused because of 6 blood clots. I’m sure it’ll be resumed by EOW, but if not don’t think this really changes much at this point given how well Pfizer & Moderna have done.

Comment

• 1. I am scheduled to get my 1st moderna shot today. SC just opened up to all ages above 18 finally. Appears they have the ability to get all doses needed to vaccinate those left.
                                                    2. My wife who was volunteering with a local program issuing J&J vaccines told me several people are coming back to those who adminsitered them saying they got reinfected with COVID after recieving the J&J vaccine. ANyone else hearing that?
                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

JnJ paused because of 6 blood clots. I’m sure it’ll be resumed by EOW, but if not don’t think this really changes much at this point given how well Pfizer & Moderna have done.
                                                      It’s cautionary and should be back on line soon. Pfizer also had reports of blood clots and is held in high regard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                        1. I am scheduled to get my 1st moderna shot today. SC just opened up to all ages above 18 finally. Appears they have the ability to get all doses needed to vaccinate those left.
                                                        2. My wife who was volunteering with a local program issuing J&J vaccines told me several people are coming back to those who adminsitered them saying they got reinfected with COVID after recieving the J&J vaccine. ANyone else hearing that?
                                                        Isn’t this basically like say a flu shot? It gives you a high percentage of protection against the virus, but not total immunity?

Comment

JnJ paused because of 6 blood clots. I’m sure it’ll be resumed by EOW, but if not don’t think this really changes much at this point given how well Pfizer & Moderna have done.
                                                          That incidence rate is comically low... less than 1 in a million... but now anti-vaxxers are going to twist this news into some narrative that vaccines are somehow “unsafe”.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

That incidence rate is comically low... less than 1 in a million... but now anti-vaxxers are going to twist this news into some narrative that vaccines are somehow “unsafe”.
                                                            As well as the "do my own research" folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Isn’t this basically like say a flu shot? It gives you a high percentage of protection against the virus, but not total immunity?
                                                              Yeah, it's a traditional vaccine. Plus it sits at about 66% effective, not ~95% like Moderna and Pfizer. Though it still does prevent major symptoms and death I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Wait til the antivaxxers hear how many blood clots come from birth control... (which admittedly, I had no idea the blood clot incidence rate was that high)
                                                                Last edited by notredomer23; 04-13-2021, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• got my second pfizer shot today. only been a few hours so nothing to report as of yet. arm feels like i got a shot (shocker). My shoulder felt like I took a helmet to it the first one. wasnt sore or painful just felt dead for a day.
                                                                  Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                    got my second pfizer shot today. only been a few hours so nothing to report as of yet. arm feels like i got a shot (shocker). My shoulder felt like I took a helmet to it the first one. wasnt sore or painful just felt dead for a day.
                                                                    Got my 2nd Pfizer today as well. I’ll report back tomorrow

Comment

• Fewer people would be skeptical of the vaccines if our political leaders on the left weren't so terrified. I understand completely why somebody in a non-at-risk group would avoid getting the vaccine that wasn't *as* tested when, per Fauci, being vaccinated doesn't mean you get to return to normal at all.

That being said I believe the vaccine is safe and have gotten both doses of Pfizer without any side affects.
                                                                      ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• Got my 2nd Moderna shot last Friday. Felt achy the next day, plus a nervous energy of sorts. Kinda weird, felt fine the next day. Didn't feel either shot. Stay healthy!
                                                                        Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

• The Coronavirus is dangerous enough that the CDC recommended shutting down our entire country to prevent the spread and prevent overwhelming our hospitals, but an incredibly rare and statistically insignificant occurrence of blood clots is worth shutting down the JnJ vaccine. What an absolute fucking clown show of an organization.
                                                                          ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

The reason why Canada is doing a comparatively shit job is because 1) We've totally spurned AAA pharmaceutical companies from having Canadian operations 2) We're the Michigan State of logistics. Blaming it on socialized medicine, is naïve and/or ignorant.
                                                                            Agreed. This article outlines what you pointed out.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...oblems/618516/

Other countries w socialized medicine still have a working relationship w/ pharma.

Comment

Agreed. This article outlines what you pointed out.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...oblems/618516/

Other countries w socialized medicine still have a working relationship w/ pharma.
                                                                              Thanks for the article. Yeah, we kind of limp dicked it in the past 20 years in terms of pharma. The vaccine rates have been shooting up recently and we're now around France/Germany in per day rates. Much better than our previous peers of Tajikistan and Slovakia.

Comment

Got my 2nd Pfizer today as well. I’ll report back tomorrow
                                                                                overall my shoulder doesnt feel anywhere as dead as it did last time. I am having a hard time deciding if i have some body ache from all the rock ive been shoveling into my landscape or if its from the vaccine (or a combination). I do seem to have a bit of a chill today. But thats about it.
                                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

• Moderna 2 coming my way at the beginning of May

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

Thanks for the article. Yeah, we kind of limp dicked it in the past 20 years in terms of pharma. The vaccine rates have been shooting up recently and we're now around France/Germany in per day rates. Much better than our previous peers of Tajikistan and Slovakia.
                                                                                    It sounded like it was less political ideology and more about changing the landscape of working with industry instead of against industry. Hopefully they have everything ramped up now and can find some common ground w/ pharma cos moving forward.

Comment

It sounded like it was less political ideology and more about changing the landscape of working with industry instead of against industry. Hopefully they have everything ramped up now and can find some common ground w/ pharma cos moving forward.
                                                                                      Going to take years to develop a proper AAA pharma industry. We have a provincial election next year, so I'm interested in who will push this.

Comment

• Hmmmm ..... In less than 12 hours FEMA had received over 1 million calls. The U.S. has had 577,000 COVID deaths. Seems legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                                                          Hmmmm ..... In less than 12 hours FEMA had received over 1 million calls. The U.S. has had 577,000 COVID deaths. Seems legit.

Maybe half are figuring a family member is about to kick the bucket and will use COVID as an excuse to get a free funeral? Lol

Comment

• Listening to the ACIP call currently going on... I will be very surprised if we see Johnson & Johnson again.

Comment

• given the protein that is the J and J vaccine is the same protein the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines encode for I suspect both astra zeneca and J and J will be around in some fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valpodoc85 View Post
                                                                                                given the protein that is the J and J vaccine is the same protein the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines encode for I suspect both astra zeneca and J and J will be around in some fashion.
                                                                                                True. I mean in this critical stage of vaccination though. Hope I am wrong. The call just ended with no decision and they're going to figure out a date within 10 days to reconvene.

Comment

• I was all set to get the J&J shot too. With my wife working in a clinic they've been vaccinating family/friends when they have extra doses with no one else scheduled because the doses become useless if they don't get used after a certain point. Seemed like the side effects from the J&J shot were fewer, even if the success rate on them is lower. I was honestly a bit turned off by the fact some people died after taking the Moderna and possibly Pfizer versions, even if the number was a drop in the bucket against 100 million doses administered. Plus my wife has been struggling with digestive issues since getting her two shots. Anyway, I'd hate to die to a vaccine for a disease I'd most likely survive if I had became infected, even if the chances were incredibly small for both odds. Hopefully this blood clot issue is just a bad batch or something. Guess I'm waiting till J&J is cleared again.
                                                                                                  Last edited by ulukinatme; 04-16-2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• I received my first Pfizer shot last Saturday. Some soreness that night and felt like I got sucker-punched in the shoulder on Sunday. Monday I was 100%.

Disappointed to hear the reports of people scheduling vaccinations and not showing up. I was scheduled at 11:20 am and was out of the hospital at 11:45. Quick and painless but I did have to drive an hour and a half to the injection site.

Hope you are all well.

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X