COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
    The arrogance kills me. He even published a book.

Dude is a flat out murdered and needs to stay away from the tv. But he canít because ego says he smart.

What a retard and I use that word carefully. Heís must be fucking retarded.
    He is literally the worst -- <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What would you think if Ron DeSantis said it?<a href="https://t.co/m1KdTl7Gie">https://t.co/m1KdTl7Gie</a> <a href="https://t.co/ElkUBfpBUA">pic.twitter.com/ElkUBfpBUA</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Liszt (@psephologist) <a href="https://twitter.com/psephologist/status/1356243396634009600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Not only did he kill thousands with his incompetence, but he also went to extreme lengths to obfuscate his failures and then arrogantly doubled-down on a narrative that painted him as some sort of savior. In actuality, he's in the running for the worst handling of COVID of any elected leader worldwide.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
      He is literally the worst -- <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What would you think if Ron DeSantis said it?<a href="https://t.co/m1KdTl7Gie">https://t.co/m1KdTl7Gie</a> <a href="https://t.co/ElkUBfpBUA">pic.twitter.com/ElkUBfpBUA</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Liszt (@psephologist) <a href="https://twitter.com/psephologist/status/1356243396634009600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      Not only did he kill thousands with his incompetence, but he also went to extreme lengths to obfuscate his failures and then arrogantly doubled-down on a narrative that painted him as some sort of savior. In actuality, he's in the running for the worst handling of COVID of any elected leader worldwide.
      I just saw this this morning. Wow. Thats bad. Like real bad.
      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Cuomo's motives were pretty transparent early on when he announced the sudden change to counting LTC facility deaths to only include people who actually died in the LTC facility. Give me a break. His decision to put COVID positive patients back in the LTC facility was disastrous,

Comment

• Just got kicked out of office and into quarantine. One of my mask less coworkers tested positive. I was in close proximity to him multiple times
          Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 02-01-2021, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
            Just got kicked out of office and into quarantine. One of my mask less coworkers tested positive. I was in close proximity to him multiple times

Good luck to you and hopefully you donít become infected. If you do, I truly hope itís a mild case

Comment

• Biden Health officials just announced approval of a over-the-counter Covid test that is 95% accurate and yields results in 15 minutes.

Comment

Just got kicked out of office and into quarantine. One of my mask less coworkers tested positive. I was in close proximity to him multiple times
                Good luck toy you and your co-workers. Since it's airborne, I imagine the offices will need be closed for cleaning. I understand that for every positive test, three others have been infected. Only more testing will determine how many people who've had the virus in a community can be counted towards achieving a degree of herd immunity in addition to vaccinations.

Comment

Good luck, man.
                  "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

All the best dude.

Comment

What a dick that guy is. All the best man hope you stay symptom free.

Comment

That sucks. Hopefully, you donít contract it. If so, prayers that itís a mild case.

Comment

• Another guy I work in close proximity with and was with all day Thursday just tested positive in a rapid test. :(. I’m about to get one too. #F

Comment

• Unless you're close to death you'll be fine. I would not panic, we are all going to get it if we haven't already. My entire family and my young boys had it this fall/winter.

It was a little less than a cold. Just don't want anyone freaking out when they get it unless you're at risk with whatever comes next, if that makes sense.

Good luck cack, keep us posted. Hopefully you get it and it passes quickly.

Comment

• I'd not take the previous from RAZ as gospel. I know at least three extremely healthy people (none old nor very young --- ages teens, late twenties and an athlete, forties) who were really knocked flat for two weeks or more by this. I wish that people would stop assuming that all of us have very similar immune system responses. Presuming that and offering advice which sounds rather authority-laden just isn't the way to get the whole country forward.

Comment

Another guy I work in close proximity with and was with all day Thursday just tested positive in a rapid test. :(. Iím about to get one too. #F
                                Hopefully the rapid reads negative but if not, you can get the PCR which is more accurate according to HCPs. Not sure about So Carolina but where I live the results usually show up w/in 24 hours from the time the lab receives your sample. Most places utilize Quest or LabCorp. You can sign up for an account so you can check whenever you want for your results. They post them 24 hours a day so theyíre likely to appear at night. Again, good luck & Godspeed.

Comment

Sorry to read this. Best of luck Cack.

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                    Hopefully the rapid reads negative but if not, you can get the PCR which is more accurate according to HCPs. Not sure about So Carolina but where I live the results usually show up w/in 24 hours from the time the lab receives your sample. Most places utilize Quest or LabCorp. You can sign up for an account so you can check whenever you want for your results. They post them 24 hours a day so theyíre likely to appear at night. Again, good luck & Godspeed.
                                    This.

Do not rely on the rapid test result as they are notoriously inaccurate, make sure you follow it up with a PCR.
                                    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                      This.

Do not rely on the rapid test result as they are notoriously inaccurate, make sure you follow it up with a PCR.
                                      Yep. I got a rapid test and it was negative but add said it likely too early to test. He is having me come back this weekend. Until then self isolation. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                                        I'd not take the previous from RAZ as gospel. I know at least three extremely healthy people (none old nor very young --- ages teens, late twenties and an athlete, forties) who were really knocked flat for two weeks or more by this. I wish that people would stop assuming that all of us have very similar immune system responses. Presuming that and offering advice which sounds rather authority-laden just isn't the way to get the whole country forward.
                                        Neither my wife or I are what I'd call very healthy. At this point I know about 30 ppl who've had it.

No one had it bad. I know people who've made COVID their superbowl don't want to hear this, but the longer this goes on, the more this seems like a cold.

Old people don't die of old age. They die by something pushing them over the top, we just don't name ever cold. I'm not saying COVID isn't real, it is. But if you change your life for this, you should do it for every virus in my opinion. And even in my not so healthy stage, I don't have time for that.

Cack is going to be just fine. Grab some vitamin D cack, water up, you will be just fine brother.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post
                                          Neither my wife or I are what I'd call very healthy. At this point I know about 30 ppl who've had it.

No one had it bad. I know people who've made COVID their superbowl don't want to hear this, but the longer this goes on, the more this seems like a cold.

Old people don't die of old age. They die by something pushing them over the top, we just don't name ever cold. I'm not saying COVID isn't real, it is. But if you change your life for this, you should do it for every virus in my opinion. And even in my not so healthy stage, I don't have time for that.

Cack is going to be just fine. Grab some vitamin D cack, water up, you will be just fine brother.
                                          The cold and flu don't kill 450k Americans each year, dumbass.

EDIT: I mean it's completely shocking that this many deaths later people still think its "the cold." Even after high profile deaths from perfectly healthy & young public figures. Even after all the hospitalizations/ICU bed shortages/etc. and morgues filling up past capacity so that they have to use freezer trucks. Even after all the testimonials from people from people who laughed at COVID and then got hospitalized themselves or had a healthy family member die and they literally beg people to take the disease seriously.

Like any disease, it affects people different. The vast majority of people that get COVID have mild symptoms and are fine. Anecdotes like "my family got it and we were all fine!" just show you're an idiot that doesn't understand that your personal experience can differ from others. I am so fucking sick of COVID truthering. Take a basic statistics class please and then promptly shut the fuck up.
                                          Last edited by IrishLax; 02-01-2021, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Contrarian thoughts or opinions are not very welcome at Irish Envy--and
                                            NEVER as to Covid

Notre Dame was once a very different place

Comment

• Originally posted by irish2018 View Post
                                              Contrarian thoughts or opinions are not very welcome at Irish Envy--and
                                              NEVER as to Covid

Boo hoo. There are opposing thoughts all over this site. You donít want the ability make a ďcontrarianĒ statement, you want the ability to say wrong stuff AND not be called out on it. Aka you want a safe space.

Pretending COVID == the common cold is the equivalent of saying the sky is red.

Comment

NEVER as to Covid

This isnít contrarian thought. Calling it just a cold for most is so disingenuous and honestly inappropriate when saying it to a guy that may have contracted it when outside of his IE persona, we know nothing about him. We have no idea if he just saw an elderly family member or lives with immunocompromised individual or if he is one. Sure, COVID isnít severe for most. For those that it is severe for, we see what those effects are, whether itís death or some serious long term issues. My GFís parents just got over it around Christmas time. Both great health but around 60. It knocked them on their ass for a week and the mom still has some fogginess and headaches attributed to COVID. Thatís more than a month after positive test.

Contrarian thought would be about how we approach COVID. Denying the severity of it automatically makes most arguments to how we approach it invalid.

Comment

• And to be clear, this dude -- irish2018 -- flamed out a year and a half ago when a handful of posters mildly disagreed with his hot take in the Brian Kelly thread that the biggest problem with Notre Dame Football was Kelly's temper. He then said he was going to "ban himself" and go back to another site.

So it's hard to take it seriously when someone says they want "contrarian views" when the last time they were presented with a contrarian view they dramatically quit the site in protest of being challenged.

Comment

• To be clear I am less concerned about me than giving it to my wife and kid. I’m pissed right now. I’ve done all I can do to stay safe and these maskless selfish assholes have now put me in isolation.

Comment

• With you all the way Cack.

Comment

Boo hoo. There are opposing thoughts all over this site. You donít want the ability make a ďcontrarianĒ statement, you want the ability to say wrong stuff AND not be called out on it. Aka you want a safe space.

Pretending COVID == the common cold is the equivalent of saying the sky is red.
                                                        Have you ever been to the Southwest

Comment

To be clear I am less concerned about me than giving it to my wife and kid. Iím pissed right now. Iíve done all I can do to stay safe and these maskless selfish assholes have now put me in isolation.
                                                          What is the general idea or rule in the office with masks? I am surpirsed someone was allowed in the office maskless or half masking... whether by rule of the office or shame of those in the office.

Comment

• Originally posted by InKellyWeTrust View Post
                                                            So I received my 2nd Moderna vaccine yesterday morning. Not gonna lie, last night was a little rough. Had about 12 hours of pretty consistent headache, fever, chills, myalgias, and fatigue. Which is actually awesome because it means I'll likely have a robust immune response to this vaccine.

I'm feeling a little better today. I would trade 12 hours of flu-like symptoms for protection from this awful virus. My sister (40s, healthy) had 1+ months of symptoms from COVID which started in early Nov. She is just now feeling back to herself. Her course was considered "mild to moderate" based off COVID classifications. Basically if you are not hospitalized you have a mild to moderate illness. I've known many who have more severe courses, even had someone in the family die from it.

We are on the verge of wiping this pandemic out, which is very exciting. But, we need everyone to be willing participants. These mRNA vaccines are nearly 100% effective vs severe disease (hospitalization or death), which is an incredible triumph of modern medicine. This will be written in the history books and it may be the most salient feature of this entire pandemic. We will surely mourn those that died, but also marvel at science's ability to create a way out of more suffering.

GET YOUR VACCINES ONCE THEY ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU! And enjoy your 12 hours of "manflu" knowing its probably saving a life.
                                                            Yeah, about half of the people I know who got the Moderna vax have reported some pretty rough responses.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                              Cuomo's motives were pretty transparent early on when he announced the sudden change to counting LTC facility deaths to only include people who actually died in the LTC facility. Give me a break. His decision to put COVID positive patients back in the LTC facility was disastrous,
                                                              You do realize that LTC facilities currently house CoV positive patients in their own iso units, right? Like, that's literally been a CDC directive for most of 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post
                                                                What is the general idea or rule in the office with masks? I am surpirsed someone was allowed in the office maskless or half masking... whether by rule of the office or shame of those in the office.
                                                                I'll be honest, even in the hospitals if you're alone at your desk, and by alone I mean more than six-feet away from someone else, most people take off their masks. The only units where masks are 100% on are the clinical units. Then again, our CoV positive rate is so low, we've gotten pretty lax.

That being said, I still don't like standing next to people I don't know. I also use an n95 when going into a crowded and enclosed area. I still have one week to go, to hit that 3-week vaccination grace period.

Comment

Yep. I got a rapid test and it was negative but add said it likely too early to test. He is having me come back this weekend. Until then self isolation. :(
                                                                  I'm sure you'll be okay, man. Chances are better than 50/50 that you'll be positive, though. 100% of our staff who tested positive have bounced back to normal. Keep your head up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post
                                                                    To be honest my state has been at best unconcerned about the virus. Lockdown only lasted from Late April till Late June. We were back at work after that and by August our covid policies were pretty much not being observed. I was the only person wearing a mask routinely. I have a solitary office like most others so when you are in your office you donít really need a mask.

Problem is that I do have to make site visits and also work with persons in close contact and wearing a mask in these instances stopped by September in totality except for me. Others werenít wearing masked, were shaking hands doing all the shit they tell you not to do.

End all, a coworker and I traveled via his car to a site. He didnít wear a mask in the car. He tested positive yesterday. I was with him all day on Thursday. I had f work in close proximity o the other guy on. Friday and he never wears a mask. I canít see how I didnít get it at this point.

Comment

Comment

The cold and flu don't kill 450k Americans each year, dumbass.

EDIT: I mean it's completely shocking that this many deaths later people still think its "the cold." Even after high profile deaths from perfectly healthy & young public figures. Even after all the hospitalizations/ICU bed shortages/etc. and morgues filling up past capacity so that they have to use freezer trucks. Even after all the testimonials from people from people who laughed at COVID and then got hospitalized themselves or had a healthy family member die and they literally beg people to take the disease seriously.

Like any disease, it affects people different. The vast majority of people that get COVID have mild symptoms and are fine. Anecdotes like "my family got it and we were all fine!" just show you're an idiot that doesn't understand that your personal experience can differ from others. I am so fucking sick of COVID truthering. Take a basic statistics class please and then promptly shut the fuck up.
                                                                        The number of intentional flaws in the reporting of COVID deaths is too great for a message board. And you seem about as open minded as an empty can, so no sense in yelling into the can with you.

Comment

NEVER as to Covid

This was abundantly clear within three days I'd say, hah. It is frustrating but it's all good. Group think stays within the small isolated social holes it buries itself in.

Comment

The number of intentional flaws in the reporting of COVID deaths is too great for a message board. And you seem about as open minded as an empty can, so no sense in yelling into the can with you.
                                                                            According to the CDC, there was 12% more deaths of any cause in 2020 compared to the baseline deaths, or about a 350K increase.

Comment

How did you find the flaws? Have you alerted the CDC?

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                                                                                How did you find the flaws? Have you alerted the CDC?
                                                                                TBF Trump took the data away from the CDC and gave it to a political office managed by a crony so I am unsurprised the data isnít accurate. Probably on the low side honestly

Comment

And you seem about as dense as a block of granite.

Comment

TBF Trump took the data away from the CDC and gave it to a political office managed by a crony so I am unsurprised the data isnít accurate. Probably on the low side honestly
                                                                                    Trump is deep state though?

Q has the goods, he always does.

Comment

This was abundantly clear within three days I'd say, hah. It is frustrating but it's all good. Group think stays within the small isolated social holes it buries itself in.
                                                                                      Cross-referencing posters in this Covid thread with the Trump/Political threads is enlightening. A dozen people or more constantly striking out and thinking they've hit a homerun. And STILL, a year later we get to see these lies and distortions about Covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                                        According to the CDC, there was 12% more deaths of any cause in 2020 compared to the baseline deaths, or about a 350K increase.
                                                                                        He doesn't care, which is why the only appropriate response is derision. If this was someone else asking a legitimate question about COVID lethality, co-morbidity, etc. it'd be one thing. But it's not, it's a conspiracy theory inclined person stating unequivocally that COVID is just the common cold.

IrishRazor82 is the same guy who a few weeks ago was posting anti-vaxx stuff in this thread that we all actually took the time to unpack that for him in good faith. It is zero percent surprising that someone who wants to believe anti-vaxx propaganda and is incapable of fact checking it on his own also believes that COVID == the common cold. There is no amount of data, scholarly articles, studies, etc. that will convince him he's in wrong because he wants to believe his current position. He's intentionally consuming misinformation that tells him COVID is no worse than the cold. And this is unsurprising, given that this kind of denialism has been the case for the entire pandemic and is mostly a political issue:
                                                                                        Just 40% of self-identified GOPers in newly released Gallup data said that the coronavirus' mortality rate was higher than that of seasonal flu, which kills roughly 1 out of every 1,000 people who get it. That number is largely unchanged from a mid-March Gallup survey that showed 42% of Republicans believing that coronavirus is deadlier than the flu.

Let's just say, for the sake of argument that the mortality rate for Covid-19 winds up at one of the lowest scientific estimates available right now: .6%. That would still mean that it is SIX times more deadly than the seasonal flu. And that is something very close to the best case for mortality rates from coronavirus.
                                                                                        So, why do so many Republicans simply not buy it?

Here's Gallup's Zacc Ritter:
                                                                                        "Beyond partisan affiliation and political ideology, news diet is a powerful predictor of how Americans view the lethality of the coronavirus. For example, the likelihood that a hypothetical politically moderate independent with a conservative news diet would incorrectly answer this question increased four percentage points between mid-March to mid-April, compared with decreases of seven points for the same individual with a mixed news diet and 19 points with a liberal news diet."
                                                                                        They've actually studied how and why people believe the fallacies that Razor is posting, and it's mostly because of where they choose the get their news. There is no helping these people, because they are intentionally choosing to ignore the information that refutes their positions. It's a textbook case of confirmation bias.

Comment

• Lax is 100% correct. This is why, in the age of information, it's a hot topic for the Right-wing to talk about freedom of speech without regulation while simultaneously ignoring the dangers misinformation has on the literal safety of millions of Americans. Their base goes into a feeding frenzy over false narratives and conspiracy theories.

The Left-wing has their culprits and useful idiots as well, but in this specific instance of treating Covid like the common cold....that's 100% Right-wing propaganda.

Comment

Around the world cruises are at an all-time low cost. Sunshine. No food restrictions. Stops in Rio and Capetownare on the itinerary. . If you act quickly, you may be able to get to Carnival. You should be fine. Bring friends and family.
                                                                                            Last edited by Legacy; 02-02-2021, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                                                                                              Around the world cruises are at an all-time low cost. Sunshine. No food restrictions. Stops in Rio and Capetownare on the itinerary. . If you act quickly, you may be able to get to Carnival. You should be fine. Bring friends and family.
                                                                                              I'm supposed to go to Brazil for a wedding this fall and round trip is only like 5-600 dollars. When I looked into visiting my buddy a few years ago it was well over a thousand. Travel places must be in the hurt locker rn.
                                                                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• If the topic was trivial, then OK. It's not. Someone needs to be canned. This is serious even life and death stuff for some of us. Spewing crazy crap needs no soapbox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                                                                                                  If the topic was trivial, then OK. It's not. Someone needs to be canned. This is serious even life and death stuff for some of us. Spewing crazy crap needs no soapbox.
                                                                                                  Seriously. If I told my two friends who've been working COVID ICU's watching people die in front of them for 11 months to "keep an open mind" they would tell me to go f*ck myself and be 100% in the right.
                                                                                                  "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                                                                                  --Samuel L

Comment

• Notre Dame's Here Dashboard is back and while still very basic, they added a feature I find very interesting-- symptomatic vs asymptomatic. Of the 84 positives at ND since the 18th, 60 have been asymptomatic. Looks like they're averaging about 1500 tests/day the last few days on those with no symptoms, unsure if that is surveillance testing or what.

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                                                      Notre Dame's Here Dashboard is back and while still very basic, they added a feature I find very interesting-- symptomatic vs asymptomatic. Of the 84 positives at ND since the 18th, 60 have been asymptomatic. Looks like they're averaging about 1500 tests/day the last few days on those with no symptoms, unsure if that is surveillance testing or what.
                                                                                                      My daughter said that ND is upping the testing this second semester. I believe EVERYONE gets tested once a week. First semester you got tested if they are showing symptoms or have been in close proximity with anyone or if they were randomly chosen. ND has simply eliminated the randomness.
                                                                                                      Last edited by ab2cmiller; 02-02-2021, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X