Animal Crackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Legacy View Post
    Super Bowl-inspired snake hunters capture 80 pythons in Everglades competition

Scientists say that the snakes are responsible for a recent 90 to 99 percent drop in the small mammal population in the Everglades national park.

This hunt captured 80 snakes. One female can lay up to 100 eggs a year. Estimate half of the 100,000 to 300,000 pythons are female....
    Red an article not that long ago on capturing the males. They are putting tracking collars on males and releasing them hoping in their quest to mate, they will lead them to the females for eradication.

Comment

• I never knew there were tree climbing goats... wtf

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
        I never knew there were tree climbing goats... wtf

Imagine having several for pets when friends come over for a cookout. Lol

Comment

• Hey mom, you'll never guess what I bought at the flea market. Ohio family has had an alligator as a pet for 25 years before someone ratted them out. Kept it in the basement.
          I remember back in the 60's and early 70's there was a pet store in Indy that had a black panther for sale. It was right in the front display window.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/us/oh...rnd/index.html

(CNN)Some people have spiders lurking in their basement. Others, maybe rats. This Ohio woman tops them all.

Police received an unusual tip last week in Madison Township directing them to her basement. Once there, they discovered a fully grown, 5-foot-long American alligator.
          "I've never seen anything like that in my 17 years in the department," Madison Township Police Commander Darrell Breneman told CNN.

The homeowner said her son bought the gator at a reptile flea market 25 years ago and had kept it in the basement ever since, police said. The voluntarily surrendered the gator and the Ohio Department of Agriculture removed it from the home, police said.

The gator from Groveport was in good condition. "It didn't require any special care," Department of Agriculture spokeswoman Shelby Croft told CNN.

Alligators are banned in the Ohio, thanks to Senate Bill 310, which prohibits the possession of hyenas, lions, tigers, alligators, bears and several other wild animals.
          Wildlife officials will take the animal an animal sanctuary in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where it will enjoy its retirement in the warmer weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
            Hey mom, you'll never guess what I bought at the flea market. Ohio family has had an alligator as a pet for 25 years before someone ratted them out. Kept it in the basement.
            I remember back in the 60's and early 70's there was a pet store in Indy that had a black panther for sale. It was right in the front display window.

(CNN)Some people have spiders lurking in their basement. Others, maybe rats. This Ohio woman tops them all.

Police received an unusual tip last week in Madison Township directing them to her basement. Once there, they discovered a fully grown, 5-foot-long American alligator.
            "I've never seen anything like that in my 17 years in the department," Madison Township Police Commander Darrell Breneman told CNN.

The homeowner said her son bought the gator at a reptile flea market 25 years ago and had kept it in the basement ever since, police said. The voluntarily surrendered the gator and the Ohio Department of Agriculture removed it from the home, police said.

The gator from Groveport was in good condition. "It didn't require any special care," Department of Agriculture spokeswoman Shelby Croft told CNN.

Alligators are banned in the Ohio, thanks to Senate Bill 310, which prohibits the possession of hyenas, lions, tigers, alligators, bears and several other wild animals.
            Wildlife officials will take the animal an animal sanctuary in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where it will enjoy its retirement in the warmer weather.
            You could find some good stuff in pet stores back in the late 70s. I remember some big cats too, though not sure what kind they were. Also remember a lot of monkeys.

Comment

Last edited by Circa; 03-04-2020, 01:06 AM.
              I was smarter when I drank...
              I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

You could find some good stuff in pet stores back in the late 70s. I remember some big cats too, though not sure what kind they were. Also remember a lot of monkeys.
                Reminds me of a story of someone in my hometown that died before I was born.

A local businessman catered private parties in a building at an intersection that I passed by quite a bit growing up. The property was always overrun and the building was in shambles. So one day I asked my old man about it. He said that the guy who lived there died feeding his giraffe and the land was never sold. I thought he was making the story up, but I later learned in high school that it was true when we were learning about certain people in our town's history.

This guy owned a few local eateries and did quite well. He owned a banquet hall in what is now a pretty prime location. Like the rest of his businesses, that hall did well and he eventually built a duplex on the east side of the building as a home for some of his developmentally disabled friends and employees, who for many years had helped serve banquets held at the hall. In the mid 1970s at the same location, he added his own private zoo, including llamas, an emu, an ostrich, and a giraffe. Sadly, he died when he fell off a ladder on the property trying to feed his giraffe. Eventually all of the animals were sold. At the time of his death, his personal zoo included more than 100 animals. The property was held for land value but was never maintained. Eventually, the estate was sold to developers with the proceeds used to finance an addition to the local home for the severely disabled.

Comment

Hey mom, you'll never guess what I bought at the flea market. Ohio family has had an alligator as a pet for 25 years before someone ratted them out. Kept it in the basement.

A buddy of mine who lived up in Anderson had a pet alligator years ago. It wasn’t very old at the time and when I saw it he was just chilling in a baby pool in the backyard. I didn’t get within 30 feet of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                    Reminds me of a story of someone in my hometown that died before I was born.

A local businessman catered private parties in a building at an intersection that I passed by quite a bit growing up. The property was always overrun and the building was in shambles. So one day I asked my old man about it. He said that the guy who lived there died feeding his giraffe and the land was never sold. I thought he was making the story up, but I later learned in high school that it was true when we were learning about certain people in our town's history.

This guy owned a few local eateries and did quite well. He owned a banquet hall in what is now a pretty prime location. Like the rest of his businesses, that hall did well and he eventually built a duplex on the east side of the building as a home for some of his developmentally disabled friends and employees, who for many years had helped serve banquets held at the hall. In the mid 1970s at the same location, he added his own private zoo, including llamas, an emu, an ostrich, and a giraffe. Sadly, he died when he fell off a ladder on the property trying to feed his giraffe. Eventually all of the animals were sold. At the time of his death, his personal zoo included more than 100 animals. The property was held for land value but was never maintained. Eventually, the estate was sold to developers with the proceeds used to finance an addition to the local home for the severely disabled.
                    I think I'd feed them with a pole or something instead of climbing up on a ladder all the time lol... If I had my own zoo, I think I'd prefer a lot of other animals than giraffes. Give me some big cats, a few zebras, gators, etc..

Comment

• WTF...

I bought my mother one of these for Christmas and her cats hide the entire time it's running.

Comment

• As tough as a rhino is, don't mess with a pissed off elephant. Mom runs over her baby trying the get the F out of the way.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="jcnrACg"><a href="//imgur.com/jcnrACg">Elephant turns on a rhino and her baby that are taking up space at the waterhole</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• This isn't going to end well.

https://www.thedodo.com/in-the-wild/...ith-depression

Man's Emotional Support Alligator Loves To Give Hugs
                          "When I'm down it's almost like he can sense it ... He has climbed into my bed with me."

BY SARAH V SCHWEIG
                          PUBLISHED ON 02/05/2019
                          WILDLIFE PROFILE
                          COMMENTS
                          When Wally was just a tiny baby alligator, nobody wanted him.

In fact, people were afraid of him and the other alligators like him. Wally was part of a population of alligators living around Orlando, Florida, a city that attracts so many child tourists. People were worried that animals like Wally would become too dangerous to coexist with people. "If I wouldn't have taken him he would have been killed," Joie Henney told The Dodo.

Wally was just over a year old when a friend of Henney's rescued the little guy, and then Henney offered Wally a home in York Haven, Pennsylvania.

So Wally's life was saved. And, as it would turn out, Wally would also rescue his rescuer. Henney was struggling with depression and his doctor suggested he start taking pills. But Henney noticed that he felt so much better when he was spending time with Wally.

"When I came home and was around him, it was all OK," Henney told The Inquirer. "My doctor knew about Wally and figured it works, so why not?" That's how Wally helped to rescue Henney — and the nearly 4-year-old alligator officially became registered as an emotional support animal.

Wally is now about 5 feet long, but still cuddles up with Henney on the couch. "He likes to give hugs," Henney said.

Henney is sensitive to the fact that most people don't realize how personable and loving Wally can be, so Henney doesn't take his emotional support animal everywhere — just to the places he knows Wally will be welcome.

"Before I even had him registered as an emotional support animal I did take him around with me to stores, walks in the park and had meet-and-greets with him," Henney said. Wally recently cheered up the residents at a local nursing home, hugs abounding.

"He helps me keep my spirits up," Henney said. "When I'm down it's almost like he can sense it ... He will come over to me on his own. He also has climbed into my bed with me when I'm not feeling well."

Wally could grow to be 14 feet long — but he'll have a home forever with Henney, who is building a special facility for him starting this summer, so he'll have room to grow. Wally already has a pond, which he shares with another rescued gator, a 2-year-old named Scrappy. There's also Luna, who at 8 months old is the youngest rescue.

"Scrappy is still kinda small and Luna still likes to run [around]," Henney said. "It's Wally [who] gives the hugs."

Comment

• He's is pretty cute though...
                            And will make a nice pair of boots when he grows up.

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                            This isn't going to end well.

https://www.thedodo.com/in-the-wild/...ith-depression

Man's Emotional Support Alligator Loves To Give Hugs
                            "When I'm down it's almost like he can sense it ... He has climbed into my bed with me."

BY SARAH V SCHWEIG
                            PUBLISHED ON 02/05/2019
                            WILDLIFE PROFILE
                            COMMENTS
                            When Wally was just a tiny baby alligator, nobody wanted him.

In fact, people were afraid of him and the other alligators like him. Wally was part of a population of alligators living around Orlando, Florida, a city that attracts so many child tourists. People were worried that animals like Wally would become too dangerous to coexist with people. "If I wouldn't have taken him he would have been killed," Joie Henney told The Dodo.

Wally was just over a year old when a friend of Henney's rescued the little guy, and then Henney offered Wally a home in York Haven, Pennsylvania.

So Wally's life was saved. And, as it would turn out, Wally would also rescue his rescuer. Henney was struggling with depression and his doctor suggested he start taking pills. But Henney noticed that he felt so much better when he was spending time with Wally.

"When I came home and was around him, it was all OK," Henney told The Inquirer. "My doctor knew about Wally and figured it works, so why not?" That's how Wally helped to rescue Henney — and the nearly 4-year-old alligator officially became registered as an emotional support animal.

Wally is now about 5 feet long, but still cuddles up with Henney on the couch. "He likes to give hugs," Henney said.

Henney is sensitive to the fact that most people don't realize how personable and loving Wally can be, so Henney doesn't take his emotional support animal everywhere — just to the places he knows Wally will be welcome.

"Before I even had him registered as an emotional support animal I did take him around with me to stores, walks in the park and had meet-and-greets with him," Henney said. Wally recently cheered up the residents at a local nursing home, hugs abounding.

"He helps me keep my spirits up," Henney said. "When I'm down it's almost like he can sense it ... He will come over to me on his own. He also has climbed into my bed with me when I'm not feeling well."

Wally could grow to be 14 feet long — but he'll have a home forever with Henney, who is building a special facility for him starting this summer, so he'll have room to grow. Wally already has a pond, which he shares with another rescued gator, a 2-year-old named Scrappy. There's also Luna, who at 8 months old is the youngest rescue.

"Scrappy is still kinda small and Luna still likes to run [around]," Henney said. "It's Wally [who] gives the hugs."

Comment

He's is pretty cute though...

That is about as big as the one my buddy from Anderson, IN had back in the day.

Comment

He's is pretty cute though...
                                Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                This isn't going to end well.

Comment

I've got these exact boots.
                                  And I love fried gator. Pappadeauxs!

I can end well my friend lol

Comment

• Those crazy penguins causing environmental problems.

Antarctic penguins release an extreme amount of laughing gas in their feces, it turns out
                                    By Leah Asmelash, CNN

(CNN)Laughing gas isn't just something they give you at the dentist. It also comes out of penguin poop.

How do we know this, you're surely wondering? Well, a new study says just that.
                                    Published in the journal "Science of the Total Environment," the study examined the effects of a King Penguin colony's activity on soil greenhouse gas fluxes in South Georgia -- a sub-Antarctic island just north of Antarctica. One finding in particular was notably unique -- penguin poop, also known as "guano," produces extremely high levels of nitrous oxide. It's the chemical known to most as laughing gas.

"It is truly intense," said Bo Elberling, an author of the study. He noted it's not an insignificant amount, either -- the emissions measure about 100 times more than a recently fertilized Danish field. There was enough emitted nitrous, in fact, that one researcher went "completely cuckoo," while "nosing about in guano for several hours," Elberling said.

"The small nitrous oxide cylinders that you see lying in and floating around Copenhagen are no match for this heavy dose, which results from a combination of nitrous oxide with hydrogen sulphide and other gases," he added, referring to the containers designed for whipped cream but often used as a recreational drug.

How the nitrous oxide is produced...When these penguins poop, fueled by a diet of fish, squid and krill, nitrogen is released from their feces into the ground. The bacteria in the soil then converts the nitrogen into nitrous oxide -- a greenhouse gas commonly known as laughing gas. "It is clear to us that the level of nitrous oxide is very high in places where there are penguins -- and thereby guano -- and vice versa, lower in places where there is none," Elberling said in a statement.

There are some climate concerns, too.
                                    On their own, these droppings and their emissions aren't enough to impact Earth's overall energy budget, Elberling said. But the research does show how penguins influence their environments, which is especially significant as the colonies grow.
                                    "A future expansion of penguins into newly available ice-free polar coastal areas may therefore markedly increase the local (greenhouse gas) budget," the study says. Further research may also develop a deeper understanding of how the droppings affect the Earth and its atmosphere, which could help the fight against greenhouse gases, Elberling said.

Comment

• Woman Burned After Falling Into Hot Spring At Yellowstone Park During Closure
                                      (May 12, 2020 at 4:19 pm)

Yellowstone reopened on Monday in a limited capacity.

Woman injured by bison in Old Faithful area (Today)
                                      Last edited by Legacy; 05-21-2020, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• One brave dude. Walking his dog when a 13ft gator decides to make a snack out of his dog.

Florida man fights off alligator to save dog during morning walk
                                        Posted Jun 15, 2020

By Linda Hasco | lhasco@pennlive.com
                                        The saying, “perfect love has no fear,” was clearly illustrated last Monday, when a Florida man fought a 13-foot alligator to save his dog’s life. According to a WFLA, Trent Tweddale and his dog, Loki are recovering after a Monday morning walk on their Florida farm turned vicious.

Tweddale said, “The dog had his front paws in the river here that swelled after all the rain, and the dog was attacked by a gator,” the report quoted.

According to Tweddale, his 6-year-old rescue pup was grabbed by a nearly 13-foot gator and pulled into the water. The report said Tweddale, a former Army staff sergeant, quickly reacted.

“I grabbed the dog’s collar to try to pull him back, and I ended up in a tug-of-war match with this gator, and the gator was not letting go,” he said. “So I let go of the collar, and I got about knee-deep into the water and started pounding on the gator’s head until he eventually let go.”

Loki’s front leg was nearly severed, and he had to undergo emergency surgery, the report said. Fortunately Tweddale got away with just minor scratches. “When I pulled him back up, the bones were out and it looks like the arm was just hanging by a shred,” Tweddale said. “They put metal plates and screws in and were able to reconstruct it that way. We’re hoping that he can regain full use of his paws after this.”

According to the report, Tweddale said he won’t rest until he catches the gator. He’s set a trap for it on his property, with the help of Florida Fish and Wildlife. “The trapper did not have any bait, so I grabbed one of my roosters and we used him as bait for the trap. We haven’t had any luck yet,” Tweddale said in the report. “We love our dog a lot and I’d fight tooth and nail for him.”

Comment

One brave dude. Walking his dog when a 13ft gator decides to make a snack out of his dog.

Florida man fights off alligator to save dog during morning walk
                                          Posted Jun 15, 2020

By Linda Hasco | lhasco@pennlive.com
                                          The saying, “perfect love has no fear,” was clearly illustrated last Monday, when a Florida man fought a 13-foot alligator to save his dog’s life. According to a WFLA, Trent Tweddale and his dog, Loki are recovering after a Monday morning walk on their Florida farm turned vicious.

Tweddale said, “The dog had his front paws in the river here that swelled after all the rain, and the dog was attacked by a gator,” the report quoted.

According to Tweddale, his 6-year-old rescue pup was grabbed by a nearly 13-foot gator and pulled into the water. The report said Tweddale, a former Army staff sergeant, quickly reacted.

“I grabbed the dog’s collar to try to pull him back, and I ended up in a tug-of-war match with this gator, and the gator was not letting go,” he said. “So I let go of the collar, and I got about knee-deep into the water and started pounding on the gator’s head until he eventually let go.”

Loki’s front leg was nearly severed, and he had to undergo emergency surgery, the report said. Fortunately Tweddale got away with just minor scratches. “When I pulled him back up, the bones were out and it looks like the arm was just hanging by a shred,” Tweddale said. “They put metal plates and screws in and were able to reconstruct it that way. We’re hoping that he can regain full use of his paws after this.”

According to the report, Tweddale said he won’t rest until he catches the gator. He’s set a trap for it on his property, with the help of Florida Fish and Wildlife. “The trapper did not have any bait, so I grabbed one of my roosters and we used him as bait for the trap. We haven’t had any luck yet,” Tweddale said in the report. “We love our dog a lot and I’d fight tooth and nail for him.”

"Love my dog, hate my rooster."

Comment

• Attacked by a bear? Better have a Dell or Lenovo handy.

A bear attacks a woman. She fights it off -- with her laptop

(CNN)A Southern California teen had a rude awakening when an outdoor nap turned into a bear attack.

She survived by fighting the bear off with her only weapon -- a laptop. The 19-year old Sierra Madre woman fell asleep in backyard chair Monday evening, Fish and Wildlife Capt. Patrick Foy told CNN. She awoke to the sound of a bear approaching her," Foy said. "It immediately attacked."

The bear scratched the young woman's arms and legs, but then it began to bite her leg. Her wounds were not life-threatening. "The only weapon she had was her laptop. She hit the bear with it and stunned it long enough to escape inside the house," Foy said.
                                            "She fought back vigorously, which is what you should do with any wildlife in California."
                                            Local police responded to the incident, followed soon by wildlife officers. Bear tracks nearby and a glimpse of a bear around midnight provided evidence corroborating her story.

"This was an unprovoked, aggressive attack," Foy said. The woman did not have any food, and did not get between a bear and her cubs. "It's likely she was looked at as prey," Foy speculated. This is not the first time a sleeping person has been attacked in the area. Last year, a homeless man was attacked by a bear that was never caught.

DNA swabs were taken from the teenager's wounds and analyzed by a forensics lab. Foy says that analysis provided wildlife officers with a full DNA profile by the next day.
                                            Tuesday night, wildlife officials caught two bears in the immediate vicinity. Their DNA was analyzed, but neither matched the profile of the offending bear. Both bears will be released in what Foy calls the 'nearest suitable habitat.' In this case, they'll be taken into the Angeles National Forest - typically 25 miles or so away from where they were captured. The bear that attacked the woman has not yet been found. If or when it is, that bear will be euthanized. California is home to only black bears, even though some are brown. There are no wild grizzlies in the state.

Comment

• Stay out of the Cambodian rivers.

Leech swims up man’s penis, drinks pint of blood before docs pull it out

By Ben CostJune 24, 2020 | 12:09pm

Here’s a worm that will make you squirm.

Doctors in Cambodia recently removed a leech that, in wince-worthy fashion, had entered an elderly man’s penis while he was swimming and drank a full pint of blood.

The unnamed patient first knew something was awry after experiencing severe pain while trying to use the bathroom, reports Viral Press. He wound up at a hospital in Phnom Penh, where a tiny camera was inserted into his penis, which revealed the culprit to be a leech.

The poor soul told doctors that he went swimming in a river earlier that day, leading them to deduce that the privacy-violating parasite had swum up his urethra and into his bladder. Indeed, the hospital warned locals in a statement that “the waters are rich with leeches and other insects during the rainy season.”

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was outta there when he saw the bears 😳 <br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/haha_cd6?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@haha_cd6</a>) <a href="https://t.co/l3vVA5fVO1">pic.twitter.com/l3vVA5fVO1</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1275557952477429763?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was outta there when he saw the bears 😳 <br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/haha_cd6?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@haha_cd6</a>) <a href="https://t.co/l3vVA5fVO1">pic.twitter.com/l3vVA5fVO1</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1275557952477429763?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                  Ha Ha's got some quick reflexes. Man, that's gotta be a scary moment. Even though there wasn't any audio, I could still hear him yell, "OH 5#!+!!!"
                                                  Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                    Ha Ha's got some quick reflexes. Man, that's gotta be a scary moment. Even though there wasn't any audio, I could still hear him yell, "OH 5#!+!!!"
                                                    Yup, you don't want to mess with a bear, and a bear with a cub is even worse.

They ran away pretty fast though. Animals are certainly more bold these days with the Covid shutdowns. Less food in dumpsters, less people out to scare them off.

Comment

Yup, you don't want to mess with a bear, and a bear with a cub is even worse.

They ran away pretty fast though. Animals are certainly more bold these days with the Covid shutdowns. Less food in dumpsters, less people out to scare them off.
                                                      They seem to be moving back into former territories over the past few years. There haven't been any bears in The Black Hills for about a century, but recently we've had a couple of confirmed sightings. I never heard of bears anywhere around where I grew up in N. AL, but several have been sighted in the past couple of years and Fish & Wildlife are having to capture and relocate them fairly frequently now.
                                                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

They seem to be moving back into former territories over the past few years. There haven't been any bears in The Black Hills for about a century, but recently we've had a couple of confirmed sightings. I never heard of bears anywhere around where I grew up in N. AL, but several have been sighted in the past couple of years and Fish & Wildlife are having to capture and relocate them fairly frequently now.
                                                        My mother rarely had coyotes till this year S of Indy. Just once in a blue moon and even then, we weren't sure if they were dogs. Now she sees them frequently.

Comment

• When we built in 88, there were a few houses around us, but not much. Wasn't unusual to see deer, fox, coyotes and racoons come through the yard. Rare to see any of them these days, although we still hear the coyotes howling at night.

Comment

• A 72-year-old woman gored multiple times by a bison last week in Yellowstone after getting within 10 feet several times in order to take pics. You can't fix stupid.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...rtan-ntp-feeds

Comment

When we built in 88, there were a few houses around us, but not much. Wasn't unusual to see deer, fox, coyotes and racoons come through the yard. Rare to see any of them these days, although we still hear the coyotes howling at night.
                                                              I just saw about 3 or 4 deer at the corner of Thompson and Five Points not too long ago.

My mother lives in New Pal and the Coyotes are horrible. They never had an inside cat until they moved out there...now they can't let a cat out of the house.

When I was working at Roche there was a garden for the employees in their back park. Coyotes would have a hay day treating it as a smorgasbord.

Comment

A 72-year-old woman gored multiple times by a bison last week in Yellowstone after getting within 10 feet several times in order to take pics. You can't fix stupid.

It’s amazing to me that this still happens this frequently. You’d think people would learn after all the recent incidents at Yellowstone being widely publicized.
                                                                I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                                                  It’s amazing to me that this still happens this frequently. You’d think people would learn after all the recent incidents at Yellowstone being widely publicized.
                                                                  A wise man learns from others' mistakes. A smart man learns from his own. A fool never learns at all.

Comment

A 72-year-old woman gored multiple times by a bison last week in Yellowstone after getting within 10 feet several times in order to take pics. You can't fix stupid.

We have an entire herd of Bison that live within city limits and I've never heard of anyone being hurt by one. Leave the big bastards alone and they arent gonna bother you none either.
                                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                                      We have an entire herd of Bison that live within city limits and I've never heard of anyone being hurt by one. Leave the big bastards alone and they arent gonna bother you none either.
                                                                      So true. We have several herds in my area, including a few large herds in Custer State Park. Heck, you can drive through a herd, sit in the middle of one and watch them scratch themselves on your car or lick salt off of it in the winter, or even get out and take pics as long as you use common sense and don't get too close or antagonize them. Even the most obtuse, never-seen-a-cow city slicker should still be able to recognize that a bison pawing the ground and shaking its head is trying to warn you to back off. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: at least half of all the people on Earth are blithering idiots with no more sense than a lobotomized sheep.

Comment

• I've tossed food to bears before from a distance, but never ever would I do this. I have to guess they have a history with this one.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nothing to see here, just having a casual picnic <a href="https://twitter.com/StoolOutdoors?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@stooloutdoors</a> (via ig:am_mrs.nesbit) <a href="https://t.co/oAZF7lXZ4y">pic.twitter.com/oAZF7lXZ4y</a></p>&mdash; Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1293196650249248768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

I've tossed food to bears before from a distance, but never ever would I do this. I have to guess they have a history with this one.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nothing to see here, just having a casual picnic <a href="https://twitter.com/StoolOutdoors?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@stooloutdoors</a> (via ig:am_mrs.nesbit) <a href="https://t.co/oAZF7lXZ4y">pic.twitter.com/oAZF7lXZ4y</a></p>&mdash; Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1293196650249248768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                          Bear: "Two more beers and I'm gonna show that blonde what else us bears do in the woods."

Comment

Bear: "Two more beers and I'm gonna show that blonde what else us bears do in the woods."
                                                                            All those folks just sitting there calm is twilight zone stuff. The dude making him his first PB&J actually puts a finger in his face telling him to wait. I'm like... "WTF"... I agree, the bear likely has hidden motives with the blonde lol... "I've got a picnic basket for you baby"

Comment

All those folks just sitting there calm is twilight zone stuff. The dude making him his first PB&J actually puts a finger in his face telling him to wait. I'm like... "WTF"... I agree, the bear likely has hidden motives with the blonde lol... "I've got a picnic basket for you baby"
                                                                              As you suggested earlier, they have to have some history with this bear. He's been coming into their yard for awhile and they've all gotten to "be friends," or this is a staged clip with a tame bear. No way even the stupidest people just sit around and act like that with a strange bear.

On a related note, I took my daughter to Bear Country for her birthday in June. It's a drive though bear park with more than 100 black bears in about a 40 acre enclosure. The bears are just wandering around doing bear things and will get very close to your vehicle, but rarely if ever cause problems. I was surprised to see park workers ride through on 4-wheelers and work in the open with bears 20 or 30 feet away. I asked a guy who worked there and he said the bears were all born and raised at the park, used to people, well fed, and were never aggressive. Still made me a little twitchy.

Comment

As you suggested earlier, they have to have some history with this bear. He's been coming into their yard for awhile and they've all gotten to "be friends," or this is a staged clip with a tame bear. No way even the stupidest people just sit around and act like that with a strange bear.

On a related note, I took my daughter to Bear Country for her birthday in June. It's a drive though bear park with more than 100 black bears in about a 40 acre enclosure. The bears are just wandering around doing bear things and will get very close to your vehicle, but rarely if ever cause problems. I was surprised to see park workers ride through on 4-wheelers and work in the open with bears 20 or 30 feet away. I asked a guy who worked there and he said the bears were all born and raised at the park, used to people, well fed, and were never aggressive. Still made me a little twitchy.
                                                                                My parents and aunt/uncle took my cousin and I to Gatlinburg in the late 70s and we got to see a ton of bears up close. My dad and uncle let us toss food to them, and they were not aggressive at all. More playful than anything (we tossed our cheap rubber ball to play with). Shit went sideways when my mom and aunt saw what we were doing.

Fast forward 20 years, and saw a lot of bears up close while trout fishing in the White Mountains (AZ) on Black River. We tossed them trout several times as we were over our limit everyday. I was a lot more twitchy around those bears. We had to lock down our campsite tight at night.

Comment

• They have to have a history with that bear for it not to want to grab the food right away, right? Sooner or later when they least expect it, that bear is going to revert to its natural instincts and someone is going to get hurt. Then when asked by a reporter, one of those dudes will say, "I didn't see that coming".

We took a of of vacations to the Smokey's when I was a little guy. Camped at Cades Cove. The bears would come into the camping area every night looking for food.

Comment

• One of my favorite quotations is about how wise people learn from others' mistakes, average people learn from their own mistakes, and idiots never learn at all. We can safely say this woman has at least removed herself from consideration for the first category. Yes folks, we have yet another moron who approached a bison and paid for it.

This happened Wednesday afternoon at Custer State Park just a few miles from my house. A 54-year-old Iowa woman approached a calf and got too close when the calf's mother attacked her. It caught the woman's jeans in its horns and slung her around a few times until it ripped the woman's jeans off, dumping her on the ground and knocking her unconscious. The video in the link below is just the attack, while the embedded 3 1/2 min video shows a bit more before and after. BTW, I know one of the rangers shown near the end.

https://www.today.com/news/bison-dra...e-park-t189416

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gIYQ6hh-XD4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                                    Last edited by Bishop2b5; 09-30-2020, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• WTF is a wild boar doing out in the sea. Fell off the bacon boat? That guy was fortunate to have a shovel handy lol.

<iframe width="600" height="320" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/32bsDoN6K4Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

One of my favorite quotations is about how wise people learn from others' mistakes, average people learn from their own mistakes, and idiots never learn at all. We can safely say this woman has at least removed herself from consideration from the first category. Yes folks, we have yet another moron who approached a bison and paid for it.

This happened Wednesday afternoon at Custer State Park just a few miles from my house. A 54-year-old Iowa woman approached a calf and got too close when the calf's mother attacked her. It caught the woman's jeans in its horns and slung her around a few times until it ripped the woman's jeans off, dumping her on the ground and knocking her unconscious. The video in the link below is just the attack, while the embedded 3 1/2 min video shows a bit more before and after. BTW, I know one of the rangers shown near the end.

https://www.today.com/news/bison-dra...e-park-t189416

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gIYQ6hh-XD4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                                        I say this every time I see a bison video... stay the hell away from them. They are bad hombres if they decide they don't like you. I'm probably more afraid of them than bears.
                                                                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

WTF is a wild boar doing out in the sea. Fell off the bacon boat? That guy was fortunate to have a shovel handy lol.
                                                                                          That's crazy.

Hey Gunter, What kind of a fish is that?

Comment

One of my favorite quotations is about how wise people learn from others' mistakes, average people learn from their own mistakes, and idiots never learn at all. We can safely say this woman has at least removed herself from consideration from the first category. Yes folks, we have yet another moron who approached a bison and paid for it.

The dude that drove his motorcycle through the pack is a brave idiot. Lucky he didn't get overturned.

Comment

• Mother Nature. This spider is eating the guts of a little tree frog while another tree frog sits nearby and watches.

Comment

• holy hell, wait for it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The canteen is open .. hurry up <a href="https://t.co/LM5XcVBq9A">pic.twitter.com/LM5XcVBq9A</a></p>&mdash; Ernesto’s Sanctuary for Syrian Cats (@theAleppoCatman) <a href="https://twitter.com/theAleppoCatman/status/1229831265706221570?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 18, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Mother Nature. This spider is eating the guts of a little tree frog while another tree frog sits nearby and watches.

When I was in my 20's, I saw one of these at a friend's house with a rather large lizard caught in its web.

Comment

• Deer in CO walks into a store and gets a cookie. Brings her babies back later, probably hoping for more cookies. A few years ago I had a doe that would routinely stand on my deck and look in the kitchen window staring at me until I fed her. My wife would call to me, "Your girlfriend's at the window looking for you."

https://www.boredpanda.com/deer-fami...mpaign=organic

Comment

I wonder who screamed louder, him or the bears?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X