Animal Crackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
    Hoping to fend off the extinction of mountain lions and other species that require room to roam, California is building a mostly privately funded wildlife crossing over U.S. Highway 101 in Agoura, Calif.
    Disclaimer......didn't read the articles, but had heard about this cat on TV a couple of years ago.

So he found his way over the highway, but can't find his way back? Not being argumentative, but the reason the cat has not crossed back over is because he is finding food more plentiful where he's at. If he wasn't able to sustain himself, he would migrate someplace else. I applaud wanting to make sure the species is protected, but this is an example of how Californians overreact and waste money. How about they capture him and relocate to another area? Seems a lot cheaper than building a bridge.

Comment

Bet this dude is happy he didn't own a toy poodle.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/19/hero-d...-bit-by-shark/

Hero dog saves fisherman owner who was bitten by shark

This dog really is man’s best friend.

A California fisherman was saved by his pit bull named Darby after a 6-foot shark chomped on the man’s leg, prompting the fearless pooch to fight off the sea creature, according to a report.

James White, of Rohnert Park, was fishing from the shore at Bodega Bay in Sonoma County last month when he managed to catch a sevengill shark, NBC Bay Area reported.

White told the news outlet it took him about 10 minutes to reel the shark in.

“The only way I think I was able to get the line back is because it was swimming towards me,” he said.

When White went to remove the hook from the shark, it twisted and bit down on his ankle.

“Immediately there was blood everywhere. The first bite punctured an artery,” White told NBC. “The pressure was intense.”

An injured White desperately tried to free himself from the shark’s bite, to no avail.

That’s when Darby — who was sitting in White’s car up a hill nearby — suddenly sprang into action. The pooch managed to open the car door when he heard his owner yell for help.

The 1-year-old, 100-pound dog ran toward the shark, biting the big fish in its gills, which caused the shark to plunge its teeth even deeper into White, according to the news outlet.

“And I told him, ‘No, back off,’ and then [Darby] repositioned and grabbed it by the tail,” said White. “He literally ran up the hill with it and pulled it off my leg.”

White told NBC Bay Area that he then threw the shark back into the water and it swam away.

The fisherman acknowledged the outcome could’ve been far worse had his dog — nicknamed “House Hippo” — not been there.

“He’s been a part of the family from day one. Just now a little more,” White said. “If it wasn’t for him, I would have been a lot worse.”

Comment

We got a kitten back in December and he is nuts. Nocturnal psychopath...sleeps all day, and goes a million miles an hour at night.

This morning around 2am, the little shit pounced on my face while in a dead sleep...lol. Scared the crap out of me and my GF but we had a good laugh about it this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
          We got a kitten back in December and he is nuts. Nocturnal psychopath...sleeps all day, and goes a million miles an hour at night.

This morning around 2am, the little shit pounced on my face while in a dead sleep...lol. Scared the crap out of me and my GF but we had a good laugh about it this morning.
          I can relate. I call our cat Mr. Asshole. He does stuff like that all the time. Likes to lay in wait and ambush your leg when you walk by.

Comment

This is one tough dude.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9049126.html

Man fights off grizzly bear by stabbing it in neck with pocket knife as it savaged him

A man savaged by a grizzly bear while mountain biking fought off the animal by stabbing it with a 2in pocket knife – and then cycled four miles to get help.

Colin Dowler was out in the backwoods of British Columbia exploring possible hiking routes when he turned a corner and encountered the huge grizzly at a distance of about 30m, the BBC reported.

He had hoped the bear would avoid confrontation and pass him by, or retreat into trees near the logging trail on Mount Doogie Dowler, named for his grandfather.

But the animal approached him with “methodical, heavy swats” of its paws, Mr Dowler told the broadcaster. He tried talking it down, he said, telling it: “I know this is your territory, I’m just passing through, we don’t have to do this.”

When the grizzly did not retreat, the 45-year-old tried throwing his bike at it, to no avail. Then it lunged, sinking its teeth into his stomach.

Mr Dowler told Canadian broadcaster CBC: “It grabbed me by the stomach and kind of pushed me down and dragged me toward the ditch maybe 50 feet. I tried eye-gouging it away and it didn’t really work.”

The bear also bit into his limbs during the 29 July attack, the reports said. He added: “It sounded like it was grating my bones up.

“Somehow, I don’t know how I did it. I used both hands to pull underneath the bear to get to that knife, and I grabbed the knife ... and stabbed the bear in his neck. “It let go of me immediately. It was bleeding quite badly, I wasn’t really sure if it was dying faster than I was.”

Once free of the bear’s jaws Mr Dowler reportedly made a tourniquet from his shirt and rode some 4.3 miles before finding help, in the form of five logging camp workers who gave first aid and called for an air ambulance.

Mr Dowler, a father of two, is now recovering at Vancouver General Hospital.

The bear was reportedly tracked down and killed by wildlife officers.

Comment

MASSIVE BURMESE PYTHON CLOSE TO 18 FEET LONG CAPTURED BY SNAKE HUNTER IN FLORIDA

A 14 foot python escaped from its owner in Beech Grove, Indianapolis. The owner calls her a "sweetheart".

Comment

MASSIVE BURMESE PYTHON CLOSE TO 18 FEET LONG CAPTURED BY SNAKE HUNTER IN FLORIDA

A 14 foot python escaped from its owner in Beech Grove, Indianapolis. The owner calls her a "sweetheart".
                They are a huge problem in the Everglades, which is near where that one was caught. They have regular hunts down there where they just let people go try and catch as many as they can, but that only puts a small dent in the population.
                I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

Poor dude. Video is in the link.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/28/man-go...oric-bull-run/

Man gored in the testicles during Spanish town’s historic bull run

This man has a real cock-and-bull story to tell.

The 26-year-old thrill-seeker got a bit more than he bargained for at a running of the bulls event in Spain when he was gored in the testicles, video posted by Unilad shows.

Provoked by another man, the bull is seen charging at the victim, who tries to jump over a fence but gets his leg tangled and is left with his nether regions exposed.

As he tries to free himself, the beast charges and strikes him several times in his privates as several people try to distract the animal during the event in the town of Cuellar, about 75 miles north of Madrid.

Mayor Carlos Fraile said the man was hospitalized in stable condition.

The bull run in Cuellar is believed to be the oldest in the country, with the town having hosted events for over 800 years.

Bullfights are protected under the Spanish constitution as part of the country’s cultural heritage, but the practice has faced increasing calls for it to end.

Comment

Brooks Falls Brown Bears
                    Brooks Falls - Katmai National Park, Alaska, USA

With links to other animal cams.

When the antics of a bear disarm a hunter

Last edited by Legacy; 09-03-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Time to show off your racks.

Autumn Elk Rutting Season in Rocky Mountain National Park
                      Last edited by Legacy; 09-20-2019, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                        How freaky would that be to open your eyes and see a 1,000lb moose staring you in the face?
                        We were doing this Safari drive through thing in Sandusky, Ohio a few years ago. Basically it's just a ton of wild animals in this park and you drive through and can feed them right from your car. We were parked and my wife was feeding this deer through the passenger side window and I was completely focused on that. Without warning, a 3500 lbs bison walked up to my side of the car and STUCK HIS HEAD THROUGH THE DRIVER SIDE WINDOW. I was nose to bison cheek with the big lug, and he wanted the food in the cup I was holding. Needless to say I gave him the whole cup, he removed his head and I got us out of there quick lol. I needed a new pair of shorts after the ride.

Comment

How freaky would that be to open your eyes and see a 1,000lb moose staring you in the face?

Sounds like an anecdote from brick4956 in "Question About A Girl".

Comment

Poor dude. Video is in the link.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/28/man-go...oric-bull-run/

Man gored in the testicles during Spanish town’s historic bull run

This man has a real cock-and-bull story to tell.

The 26-year-old thrill-seeker got a bit more than he bargained for at a running of the bulls event in Spain when he was gored in the testicles, video posted by Unilad shows.

Provoked by another man, the bull is seen charging at the victim, who tries to jump over a fence but gets his leg tangled and is left with his nether regions exposed.

As he tries to free himself, the beast charges and strikes him several times in his privates as several people try to distract the animal during the event in the town of Cuellar, about 75 miles north of Madrid.

Mayor Carlos Fraile said the man was hospitalized in stable condition.

The bull run in Cuellar is believed to be the oldest in the country, with the town having hosted events for over 800 years.

Bullfights are protected under the Spanish constitution as part of the country’s cultural heritage, but the practice has faced increasing calls for it to end.

huevos revueltos

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                              huevos revueltos
                              nueces revueltas
                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Idiots. Every year.

From Rocky Mountain National Park:
                                PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO ESTES PARK DURING THE PEAK ELK RUT SEASON
                                The View from Afar: Watching Male Elk Spar for Attention
                                Bull Elk Sparring During Elk Rut SeasonThe male elk also spar with one another during this time in order to prove themselves to the female elk. They charge at one another, lock antlers, and show other aggressive acts to win attention and win their dominant status. Actual fighting and injury is rare during this, so it’s even more impressive to watch the elk as they charge and crack their antlers with each other. While at all times when watching wildlife it’s important to keep a safe distance, it goes without saying that during the elk rut it’s even more crucial to stay far enough away from both the bulls and cows! You don’t want to be mistaken for a threat to the elk when they’ve already got their hackles up

Two days ago, two people walk between two male elks.
                                WATCH | Man dives out of the way of provoked bull elk
                                This time of year, hundreds of elk are descending to the lower meadows of Rocky Mountain National Park for the rut.
                                Last edited by Legacy; 09-28-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Moose decides to enjoy someones swimming pool.

https://www.wthr.com/article/watch-m...-backyard-pool

Comment

Fat Bear Week 2019: Holly is the fattest brown bear in Katmai National Park, Alaska

Holly's before (July 12) and after (Sept 22) photos:

If only polar bears learned to eat salmon.
                                    Last edited by Legacy; 10-13-2019, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Fat Bear Week 2019: Holly is the fattest brown bear in Katmai National Park, Alaska

Holly's before (July 12) and after (Sept 22) photos:

If only polar bears learned to eat salmon.
                                      That's crazy how much weight she put on.

Comment

Ezekiel Elliot’s dad investigated over exotic cat shot dead by cops
                                        By Adam SchraderOctober 16, 2019 | 7:10pm | Updated

Ezekiel Elliott’s dad could be in a pawful lot of trouble.

An African wild cat believed to be owned by the Cowboys star’s father terrorized his Ohio neighborhood before it was shot dead by deputies, it was revealed Wednesday.

The midsized, spotted feline — a breed called a serval that can stand 2 feet at the shoulder and weigh up to 40 pounds — was first seen by neighbors on Saturday.

Jim Zuber and another neighbor watched the leopard-spotted pet roam his front yard, according to WBNS-10TV.

“We thought we were keeping an eye on it, and the truth is it was more stalking us,” Zuber said.

Zuber said it had a pet collar on but looked like it wanted to pounce.

“It was kind of creeping towards us, and as we took a step backward, it would take steps toward us and when we made noise to shush it away, it hunched back in a position to leap forward,” he told NBC 4.

Neighbor Kim Oskin told WBNS-10TV that she picked up her daughters from a friend’s house after parents texted each other warnings the cat was on the prowl.

Fairfield County Sheriff’s deputies responded Sunday, shooting and felling the feline after it attacked a neighborhood dog.

“I don’t know how long it had been out [or] when it had last eaten, but over time they’re going to resort back to their normal behaviors,” Chief Deputy Lape told WBNS-10TV.

Ohio Department of Agriculture executed a search warrant at Stacy Elliott’s home Wednesday morning looking for evidence of an unpermitted serval.

“There are no charges yet — but serval cats do need to be permitted. There is no permit in Fairfield County for a serval cat,” spokesperson Shelby Croft told The Post.

Elliott could face a fifth-degree felony charge if investigators determine he let the “dangerous wild animal” out intentionally — and a first-degree misdemeanor for not having the animal permitted, Croft said.

Investigators did not remove any evidence from the premises but took pictures for their investigation, Croft said. The warrant included Elliot’s phone and computer, but officials said they were not searched.

A person could face a fifth-degree felony charge if investigators determined a “dangerous wild animal” was let out intentionally — and a first-degree misdemeanor for not having them permitted, Croft said.

There have been no prior violations at the location, Croft said, and the investigation is ongoing.

Ezekiel Elliott has also faced his share of legal trouble. The Cowboys running back was handcuffed in May after shoving a security guard at a Las Vegas music festival. He was also suspended from the NFL in 2018 following a yearlong investigation into domestic violence allegations by his ex-girlfriend Tiffany Thompson.

Comment

Well if you're ever walking your dog in Alaska, keep an eye out for the river otters.

River otters attack, injure family dog in Alaska
                                          By Associated PressOctober 15, 2019 | 12:40am

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — An Alaska man rescued his family’s dog from an attack by river otters in a small lake at an Anchorage park, he said.

Kenny Brewer waded waist-deep into Taku Lake and suffered a bite on his hand while pulling the dog away from the river otters that converged on the pet, Alaska Public Media reported.

The 27-year-old Anchorage dietitian and his wife, Kira, were walking the husky-mix named Ruby, which was bitten by a group of otters that dragged the dog underwater.

A veterinarian performed a “mini-surgery” to clean the dog’s cuts, slice away damaged tissue and stitch a drain tube into its leg, Brewer said.

The couple walked the dog through the park south of midtown Anchorage and saw the otters swimming and climbing on a log.

“They would slither off of it into the water, and they just looked very playful and non-imposing,” Brewer said.

After throwing a tennis ball into the water for the dog, the couple saw “water splashing, and thrashing.”

“First it was just the one otter on her, and then it seemed like three more,” Brewer said. “They started dragging her down, basically. You could tell she was getting bit, she was howling, she was kind of fighting back, but she was getting dragged under for two or three seconds at a time.”

Beavers have attacked dogs at Anchorage’s University Lake, but wildlife biologists said they were not aware of attacks by river otters.

The otters probably perceived the dog as a threat, biologist Dave Battle said.

“They’re cute, and they’re doing all their activities. They’re very interesting to watch,” Battle said. “But they’re still a wild animal, and they can be dangerous. So just give them their space.”

Comment

140 snakes kept in the house.

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/...ay/4111294002/

Comment

This is sad on so many levels. Woman has a drug and alcohol problem and is home by herself because her husband is in jail for a few days when the dogs attack her. They must have punctured an artery and she didn't realize it. One of the dogs had bitten the husband recently which was a sign that it was time to get rid of that dog.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/05/us/oh...ogs/index.html

Comment

This is sad on so many levels. Woman has a drug and alcohol problem and is home by herself because her husband is in jail for a few days when the dogs attack her. They must have punctured an artery and she didn't realize it. One of the dogs had bitten the husband recently which was a sign that it was time to get rid of that dog.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/05/us/oh...ogs/index.html
                                                thanks for posting.....i think
                                                YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                                Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

This lady is a nut job and lucky she wasn't eaten for lunch. I've included the link so you can see the video.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/07/us/br...ted/index.html

The woman accused of entering the Bronx Zoo lion enclosure was arrested

(CNN)A woman accused of sneaking into the lion and giraffe exhibits at the Bronx Zoo in late September has been arrested, the New York Police Department announced.

Myah Autry, 30, who'd previously been identified by the NYPD as the woman who went into the enclosures, was arrested Wednesday night and charged with two counts of criminal trespass, according to police. Autry posted on Instagram that she was going to Barclays Center to turn herself into police and notified several news media outlets, according to a law enforcement source. Detectives went to the area and arrested her. She was wearing an NYPD shirt at the time of the arrest, the source said.
                                                  It is unclear if Autry has an attorney.

Autry allegedly shared videos of herself climbing over the wooden fence on the day of the incident, then waving and dancing once inside as the big cat gawked. In the video, the lion appears stunned, and the woman seems unbothered, even as the animal takes a few steps toward her.

"I want to get closer to him," the woman says in the video as she climbs over the wooden fence. "Baby! Hi, I love you!" she mumbles as she waves before later breaking into a little dance. After her encounter with the lion, the woman posted a photo of herself with police officers on Instagram.

When video of the incident emerged, the Bronx Zoo was not amused, and officials there said the woman put herself in danger. "This action was a serious violation and unlawful trespass that could have resulted in serious injury or death," it said. "Barriers and rules are in place to keep both visitors, staff and animals safe. We have a zero tolerance policy on trespass and violation of barriers."

Neither the woman nor the lion was injured in the incident. It is unclear how the woman got over the barrier or how long she was there. But it appears she never crossed a large moat that separates the lions from those who visit the exhibit. The Bronx Zoo wouldn't say how wide or deep it is.

Comment

WTF....

Fish with man-face...
                                                    <iframe width="600" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ZWEokX0ul0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

That qualifies for Ripleys Believe it or Not!

Comment

That qualifies for Ripleys Believe it or Not!
                                                        Koon's never been attracted so much to a fish....

Comment

I grew up on a cattle farm. In my mid-teens we had a bull calf that grew up to be a psychotic beast from hell. By the time he was 2/3 grown, he looked exactly like one of those Spanish bullfighting bulls: black/brown, long & lean, about 1300 lbs., and with a nasty set of horns that pointed forward. I don't think he was mean. I 100% believe he was mentally ill.

We watched him fight a tree on more than one occasion until he dropped to his knees with foam & blood coming out of his mouth & nose. He tore the grill out of our truck. He tried to fight the tractor. He was always wild, angry, violent, and just crazy to the nth degree.

He caught me in a barnyard and came charging at me full speed meaning to tear me apart. I knew to not run, so stood my ground until the last moment and sidestepped him, and then ran like hell for the fence. Scared the HELL out of me. We started carrying a deer rifle after that when dealing with him. He was straight up crazy, unpredictable and dangerous.

We finally decided to take him to the cattle auction. When we got him corralled and in the chute to load on a trailer, he went nuts and wouldn't go in, no matter what. We finally got a rope and log chain around his neck and dragged him into the trailer with the tractor and chained his head to the trailer so he couldn't jump out. When we got him to the sale barn, my dad warned the guys there that he was insane and like nothing they'd ever dealt with before. They sorta rolled their eyes and assured us they could handle him. We left with my dad telling them, "When he comes off the trailer, he's all yours. Don't say I didn't warn you."

When we got back an hour later with the next load of cattle, all hell had broken loose. He'd broken out of 2 bull pens (NOTHING breaks out of a bull pen). He'd gored a registered bull and broken several of its ribs and sliced its side open. While he was running wild through the sale barn, a guy had tried to close a gate to contain him, but he'd slammed into that gate so hard that he tore it off its hinges and broke the guy's arm. He trapped another guy in a stall and charged him. That guy escaped only because the bull slipped when the guy dodged him and went over a wall. That guy was so shaken that he went home. The other guy had to go to the ER to have his arm set.

They finally called in a vet to deal with the injured bull and had him bring a tranq gun. Took 3 shots to put our crazy bull down. They dragged him into another bull pen and used 2 log chains to chain his head to a post. The guys complained that we hadn't warned them that he was THAT crazy. I pity whoever bought him.
                                                          Last edited by Bishop2b5; 11-13-2019, 06:24 AM. Reason: typo
                                                          Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                            I grew up on a cattle farm. In my mid-teens we had a bull calf that grew up to be a psychotic beast from hell. By the time he was 2/3 grown, he looked exactly like one of those Spanish bullfighting bulls: black/brown, long & lean, about 1300 lbs., and with a nasty set of horns that pointed forward. I don't think he was mean. I 100% believe he was mentally ill.

We watched him fight a tree on more than one occasion until he dropped to his knees with foam & blood coming out of his mouth & nose. He tore the grill out of our truck. He tried to fight the tractor. He was always wild, angry, violent, and just crazy to the nth degree.

He caught me in a barnyard and came charging at me full speed meaning to tear me apart. I knew not run, so stood my ground until the last moment and sidestepped him, and then ran like hell for the fence. Scared the HELL out of me. We started carrying a deer rifle after that when dealing with him. He was straight up crazy, unpredictable and dangerous.

We finally decided to take him to the cattle auction. When we got him corralled and in the chute to load on a trailer, he went nuts and wouldn't go in, no matter what. We finally got a rope and log chain around his neck and dragged him into the trailer with the tractor and chained his head to the trailer so he couldn't jump out. When we got him to the sale barn, my dad warned the guys there that he was insane and like nothing they'd ever dealt with before. They sorta rolled their eyes and assured us they could handle him. We left with my dad telling them, "When he comes off the trailer, he's all yours. Don't say I didn't warn you."

When we got back an hour later with the next load of cattle, all hell had broken loose. He'd broken out of 2 bull pens (NOTHING breaks out of a bull pen). He'd gored a registered bull and broken several of its ribs and sliced it side open. While he was running wild through the sale barn, a guy had tried to close a gate to contain him, but he'd slammed into that gate so hard that he tore it off its hinges and broke the guy's arm. He trapped another guy in a stall and charged him. That guy escaped only because the bull slipped when the guy dodged him and went over a wall. That guy was so shaken that he went home. The other guy had to go to the ER to have his arm set.

They finally called in a vet to deal with the injured bull and had him bring a tranq gun. Took 3 shots to put our crazy bull down. They dragged him into another bull pen and used 2 log chains to chain his head to a post. The guys complained that we hadn't warned them that he was THAT crazy. I pity whoever bought him.
                                                            He sounds a little misunderstood. You probably didn't give him enough positive reinforcement growing up. Instead of log chains, did you ever try time outs?

Comment

He caught me in a barnyard and came charging at me full speed meaning to tear me apart. I knew not run, so stood my ground until the last moment and sidestepped him, and then ran like hell for the fence. Scared the HELL out of me. We started carrying a deer rifle after that when dealing with him. He was straight up crazy, unpredictable and dangerous.

When we got back an hour later with the next load of cattle, all hell had broken loose. He'd broken out of 2 bull pens (NOTHING breaks out of a bull pen). He'd gored a registered bull and broken several of its ribs and sliced it side open. While he was running wild through the sale barn, a guy had tried to close a gate to contain him, but he'd slammed into that gate so hard that he tore it off its hinges and broke the guy's arm. He trapped another guy in a stall and charged him. That guy escaped only because the bull slipped when the guy dodged him and went over a wall. That guy was so shaken that he went home. The other guy had to go to the ER to have his arm set.

Was that first line from your autobiography?

"I grew up on a cattle farm ... in Alabama"

Sounds a lot like Isak Dinesen's opening line, "I had a farm in Africa ..."

Does Chapter II start, "In 2019 I woke to the fact that back in the last millennium, I was that bull's trigger. I wasn't an old white man at the time but even that bull could sense my privilege. ... "

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                WTF....

Fish with man-face...
                                                                <iframe width="600" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2ZWEokX0ul0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                Brick's offspring? Question about a girl fish?

Comment

He caught me in a barnyard and came charging at me full speed meaning to tear me apart. I knew to not run, so stood my ground until the last moment and sidestepped him, and then ran like hell for the fence. Scared the HELL out of me. We started carrying a deer rifle after that when dealing with him. He was straight up crazy, unpredictable and dangerous.

When we got back an hour later with the next load of cattle, all hell had broken loose. He'd broken out of 2 bull pens (NOTHING breaks out of a bull pen). He'd gored a registered bull and broken several of its ribs and sliced its side open. While he was running wild through the sale barn, a guy had tried to close a gate to contain him, but he'd slammed into that gate so hard that he tore it off its hinges and broke the guy's arm. He trapped another guy in a stall and charged him. That guy escaped only because the bull slipped when the guy dodged him and went over a wall. That guy was so shaken that he went home. The other guy had to go to the ER to have his arm set.

Curious as to why you wouldn't have simply put him down and have steak for dinner?

Comment

Curious as to why you wouldn't have simply put him down and have steak for dinner?
                                                                    you don't typically eat a bull. They tend to be tough and not taste all that great.
                                                                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

you don't typically eat a bull. They tend to be tough and not taste all that great.
                                                                      I kind of figured that. The steak comment was more of a joke, but am curious why you kept him, sperm donor?

Comment

I kind of figured that. The steak comment was more of a joke, but am curious why you kept him, sperm donor?
                                                                        He'd likely have been a great stud, but was just too dangerous. From the time he started fighting trees and acting nuts to trying to run me down to selling him was only about 3-4 months. Once we realized he was psycho and he tried to kill me, we got rid of him within a month. Beautiful animal, but genuinely mentally ill. Oddly, both his parents were gentle as lambs.

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                          Was that first line from your autobiography?

"I grew up on a cattle farm ... in Alabama"

Sounds a lot like Isak Dinesen's opening line, "I had a farm in Africa ..."

Does Chapter II start, "In 2019 I woke to the fact that back in the last millennium, I was that bull's trigger. I wasn't an old white man at the time but even that bull could sense my privilege. ... "
                                                                          The OoA story always reminded me a good friend. Met a women from Belgium (parents were French) who spent her childhood and early adult life in Sudan and Rwanda. She married an Italian pilot and ended up moving to Belize. They ended up divorcing and she runs her bed and breakfast in Belize City. Spent a few months there before getting a residence. Great woman and great stories. Spent many a night on her porch chatting over vodka cranberries.

Comment

He'd likely have been a great stud, but was just too dangerous. From the time he started fighting trees and acting nuts to trying to run me down to selling him was only about 3-4 months. Once we realized he was psycho and he tried to kill me, we got rid of him within a month. Beautiful animal, but genuinely mentally ill. Oddly, both his parents were gentle as lambs.
                                                                            Had a GF like that once.

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Had a GF like that once.
                                                                              LOL...me too. :) Here is the kicker though - she was from Granger and her parents had awesome season tickets that they were happy to give to us. So, I played the game until the season ended because I wasn't giving up those great seats. :)

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Beautiful animal, but genuinely mentally ill. Oddly, both his parents were gentle as lambs.
                                                                                Had a GF like that once.
                                                                                Originally posted by Irish2155;2140578[B
                                                                                ]LOL...me too. :) [/B]Here is the kicker though - she was from Granger and her parents had awesome season tickets that they were happy to give to us. So, I played the game until the season ended because I wasn't giving up those great seats. :)
                                                                                Who hasn't? lol

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  Cute little puppy has a tail growing out between his eyes.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/201...ending-videos/

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    He sounds a little misunderstood. You probably didn't give him enough positive reinforcement growing up. Instead of log chains, did you ever try time outs?
                                                                                    Misunderstood for sure....maybe he just needed a hug
                                                                                    YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                                                                    Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      Originally posted by TDHeysus View Post
                                                                                      Misunderstood for sure....maybe he just needed a hug
                                                                                      Sounds like that's all he wanted from Bish, but Bish lacked the warmth to create and foster a personal relationship. Personally I think the whole bull / tree narrative is overblown. We all know the tree had to do something to create the skirmish. Sounds like the poor bull was simply emotionally damaged, probably because of emotional abandonment, and maybe a little bit of PTSD from Bish trying to run him over with the truck and tractors.

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        Just the fifth time since the 1800's that a person has been killed by feral hogs.

Feral hogs in Texas attacked and killed a woman outside a home

CNN)A Texas woman was found dead after pre-dawn attack by a group of feral hogs outside a home, the Chambers County sheriff said.

Christine Rollins, a 59-year old caregiver to an elderly couple in Anahuac, failed to show up at her normal time on Sunday, the sheriff's office said. The 84-year-old homeowner found her lying in the front yard between her car and the house.

Sheriff Brian Hawthorne said in a news conference Monday that "multiple hogs" assaulted Rollins when she arrived at work, likely between 6 and 6:30 a.m., when it was still dark outside. "In my 35 years, I will tell you it's one of the worst things I've ever seen," Hawthorne told reporters.

Jefferson County Medical Examiner Selly Rivers determined Rollins was attacked by different hogs because of the various size of the bites on her body, Hawthorne said.
                                                                                        Mature feral hogs can weigh between 100 and 400 pounds, according to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

The sheriff noted feral hogs are a problem across Texas, but attacks are rare. CNN affiliate KTRK spoke to neighbors who said they have complained recently about wild hogs in the area.

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          Anyone care for snake for dinner?

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/n...en-pizza-snake

North Carolina family cooks frozen pizza, accidentally bakes snake: 'I pulled that crispy critter out'

Snake: It’s apparently what’s for dinner.

A North Carolina family planning on a simple meal of frozen pizza at their Wake Forest home instead had their night ruined by a snake that had crawled into the oven.

Amber Helm and her husband Robert Helm were cooking a frozen pizza Monday night when they started smelling smoke.

“I opened up the oven and thought, 'Is that part of the oven?’ I looked more closely and it was a snake,” Amber told The News & Observer.

The mother of two said she did not know how the snake got into the oven – or how long it had been there. Her husband was tasked with cleaning up the nearly 18-inch-long creature.

The group did not eat the pizza that night, but the entire incident has left Amber nervous.

“I put the oven on self-clean after I pulled that crispy critter out,” he said to the outlet.

The group did not eat the pizza that night, but the entire incident has left Amber nervous.

“I have two little boys so I’m just so concerned,” she said.

The mother of two said she did not know how the snake got into the oven.

The family is now looking into having someone come out and check their home for other snakes.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...cid=spartanntp

This woman's car got licked by a bison while she was driving through a park in Nebraska. I've actually had this happen at Custer State Park near my house. My car got swarmed every time I'd stop to let a herd cross the road. They're attracted to the road salt that accumulates on your car during winter. If you don't blow your horn or try to force them to move out of your way, you won't have any problem with them.

It's an amazing experience to be surrounded by them only a few feet or even inches away. I took my oldest and youngest daughters through the park in January a couple of years ago and got swarmed multiple times as they'd jostle each other for a chance to lick salt off the car. We even rolled our windows down and scratched a couple of them. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but it was still an exceptionally cool moment to have a huge bison licking salt from my driver side mirror, the window down, and her face less than a foot from mine.

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Article didn't say what kind of fish this guy was fishing for, but he had to be shocked when he finally landed this thing. Estimated to be 50 years old.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/12/us/fi...rnd/index.html

Fisherman catches 'a big old fish' weighing 350 pounds off southwest Florida

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                This guy is a STUD! Credited with saving his species. I would have loved to have that kind of a job.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/diego-t...g-his-species/

Diego the giant tortoise is retiring after his high sex drive helped save his entire species

After 40 years of giving his all for a good cause, Diego the tortoise is heading into retirement. The giant tortoise, noted for his robust sex drive, is credited with fathering enough baby tortoises to bring his species back from the brink of extinction.

Diego, who is more than 100 years old, helped boost his species' population from 15 to over 2,000 on Española, an Island that is part of the Galápagos. He had been shipped over from the San Diego Zoo as part of a breeding program, and was one of 15 tortoises to take part in the program at the Fausto Llerena Tortoise Center on the island of Santa Cruz. Now he'll finally be returning to his island of origin.

Approximately 40% of the 2,000 tortoises repatriated to Española Island are estimated to be Diego's descendants, officials said

The Galápagos National Park announced on Friday that the decision was made to end the breeding program after 40 years, saying an evaluation showed it had met its conservation goals.

According to the statement, Diego "has become a symbol of the Galapagos conservation as it is estimated that approximately 40% of the turtles repatriated on Española Island are his descendants."

He's estimated to have about 1,700 offspring, according to the San Diego Zoo.

The closure of the Española tortoise captive breeding program will entail the return of the 15 unique breeding adults (12 females and three males) originally found on the island.

"The conclusion was that the island has sufficient conditions to maintain the tortoise population, which will continue to grow normally — even without any new repatriation of juveniles," Washington Tapia, the Galápagos-based director of the Giant Tortoise Restoration Initiative, said.

Closing the breeding program will include the return of the adults —12 females and 3 males— originally found on Española Island.

Diego was brought to the U.S. between 1928 and 1933 but returned to his home in 1977 to join the breeding center after his species was declared critically endangered in the 1960s, according to the San Diego Zoo.

It's been nearly eight decades since Diego was extracted from his natural habitat. With his mission accomplished, he will now be released into the wilderness on the island where he was born.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  Sometimes being old and horny is a good thing.

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    This dad is a stud. Walking his kids in a patch of woods the coyote came out of nowhere and attacked his 2 year old. Police said Dad went into "protection mode". I think Dad went into full "F*** You Coyote" mode.

Father chokes coyote to death after series of attacks in New Hampshire

"The coyote attacked a young child, and the child's dad went into protection mode and suffocated the coyote until it succumbed," police said.

Jan. 20, 2020, 9:40 PM EST
                                                                                                    By Tim Stelloh
                                                                                                    A man choked a coyote to death Monday in New Hampshire after the animal attacked his child, bit a woman walking her dog and charged a vehicle, authorities said.

The state Fish and Game Department was testing the animal's body for rabies, according to police in Kensington, about 25 miles east of Manchester.

The series of attacks began after a witness reported seeing a coyote attack a car just before 9 a.m. Monday in the nearby town of Hampton Falls.

"The car was trying to get the coyote to move out of the road, and the coyote started attacking the car," Kensington Police Chief Scott Cain told NBC Boston.

At 9 a.m., Kensington police got another call about the coyote. This time, the animal was said to have opened a woman's sliding glass door and gotten inside her enclosed porch. There, it lunged at her and her dogs. "I was running behind the dogs to get them in, and just as I was here, literally, the coyote bit me — in the butt," the woman, Pat Lee, 62, told NBC Boston. Lee was treated at a hospital and given a rabies booster shot, Kensington police said in a news release.

Two hours later, authorities in Exeter, another nearby town, got a call that the coyote had charged a family walking on a trail.

"The coyote attacked a young child, and the child's dad went into protection mode and suffocated the coyote until it succumbed," police said.

Comment

• Super Bowl-inspired snake hunters capture 80 pythons in Everglades competition

Hunters in the special Super Bowl edition of the annual Florida Python Challenge captured 80 exotic snakes during the 10-day competition that attracted more than 750 people from 20 states. By tapping the hype surrounding the country’s biggest sports event, wildlife managers wanted to send a message to the world: pythons are decimating native wildlife in the Everglades and the state is doing everything it can to control them.

“We want everyone to know that the python is a very serious threat to our beautiful Everglades,” said Eric Eikenberg, chief executive officer of the Everglades Foundation.

Burmese pythons, which first appeared in the Everglades in the late 1970s, have no predators and reproduce very successfully, with each female laying up to 100 eggs every year. The Everglades provides an all-you-can-eat buffet for pythons: native populations of marsh rabbits, raccoon, deer and opossum have dwindled significantly as the voracious snakes continue to expand their range in South Florida. Pythons also eat wading bird eggs and even small alligators. Some researchers estimate there are between 100,000 and 300,00 pythons slithering around the marshes and tree islands.

Over the past few years, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and the South Florida Water Management District have paid hunters to remove the snakes — the bigger the snake, the more money — with bonuses for egg-bearing females. The district last year doubled the number of python removal agents to 50, adding to FWC’s python removal contractors. Another hunting effort, the Python Challenge, used to happen every three years but will now take place annually.
                                                                                                      Scientists say that the snakes are responsible for a recent 90 to 99 percent drop in the small mammal population in the Everglades national park.

This hunt captured 80 snakes. One female can lay up to 100 eggs a year. Estimate half of the 100,000 to 300,000 pythons are female....
                                                                                                      Last edited by Legacy; 01-26-2020, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X