X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeauBenken
    replied
    I know Connery lived a long life, but that sucks. Best Bond ever.

Leave a comment:

• ulukinatme
    replied
    Connery...whyyyyy? 2020 has taken too much already.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Another one for dad there, he loved early Bond,... sucks

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    007 Sean Connery has passed.

https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/stat...884966401?s=10

Leave a comment:

• Senoj13
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    Herb Adderley HOF CB for the Packers SB champs in 67 & 68 has went to the HOF in the sky. RIP Herb.
    I once had the chance to meet Herb Adderley. He was the Honorary Chairman of the Big 33 game in Pennsylvania when Lavar Arrington was a senior and in the game. I happened to swindle some sideline passes. After the game he was just sitting on the bench alone. No one around him. Spent 5-10 minutes shooting the breeze about his playing days. Even let me try on his Super Bowl Ring. Class act.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    I haven’t,...

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
    Those Packers teams passing on is very sad for me,... those teams made my dad a life long Packers fan and seeing them go makes me feel even further removed from my father’s passing,... sucks
    Don't forget our "Golden Boy" was part of those teams.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Those Packers teams passing on is very sad for me,... those teams made my dad a life long Packers fan and seeing them go makes me feel even further removed from my father’s passing,... sucks

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Herb Adderley HOF CB for the Packers SB champs in 67 & 68 has went to the HOF in the sky. RIP Herb.

Leave a comment:

• domer13
    replied
    Prayers for the souls of two Notre Dame freshmen who were struck and killed by a car just off-campus early this morning. Both young women. Another student is currently hospitalized.

https://news.nd.edu/news/notre-dame-...-two-students/

Very sad.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Mr Bojangles Jerry Jeff Walker has passed at 78

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7t-2GeZFDdc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="500" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RWK8GgWD4uA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="500" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6QgNzTN-STA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    YJ sparing no expense.
    i had "a guy"
    lol

Found one of my old 80s mixes a couple years ago back at moms. Surprisingly still sounded decent. Started out with Here I go Again. Also had Hagar's Give to Live, and some Crue. Rocked out while I was cleaning out the garage. Tucked it right back into the box where I found it.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Never heard of either song lol
    ditto

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
    RIP

Much too young for Lewis... Only 63. You're Love was huge on Spring Break in Daytona and was just coming out. That and several other songs take me right back to Feb/Mar 1986. You're Love though, along with Summer Nights, are my favs from that whole experience. Ah the memories.

And the beach was full of West End Girls, Addicted to Love, Rock Me Amadeus, Why Can't This Be Love, Summer Nights, R.O.C.K. in the USA, Stages, Let's Go All The Way, Manic Monday, Kiss, I Can't Wait, Something About You. In My Dreams. Had a Maxwell Chrome mix tape with all those songs from the beach.

IIRC, Winwood came out with Higher Love a little later that year.
    YJ sparing no expense.

Leave a comment:

• IHateMarkMay
    replied
    That was Acamp. He thinks it's delicious with a little pico.
    Hey, I can't judge how people eat their tacos.

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
    Wait, I thought everyone raved about your mom's taco...
    That was Acamp. He thinks it's delicious with a little pico.

Leave a comment:

• IHateMarkMay
    replied
    He's the dude with boots. He'll even give you 25% off if you promise to retire your Uggs or Berskinstocks

And my mother has eyes for nobody but Acamp. She's still raving about your tacos and baked potatoes. You really know how to treat a lady!!! She just wishes your taquito was more like a burrito.
    Wait, I thought everyone raved about your mom's taco...

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Who is this dude Juarez and am I supposed to know him?? One of you mom’s other boyfriends??
    He's the dude with boots. He'll even give you 25% off if you promise to retire your Uggs or Berskinstocks

And my mother has eyes for nobody but Acamp. She's still raving about your tacos and baked potatoes. You really know how to treat a lady!!! She just wishes your taquito was more like a burrito.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    and 6 feet from Juarez... still in TX cali boy.

Organ Mountains and White Sands are pretty cool.
    Who is this dude Juarez and am I supposed to know him?? One of you mom’s other boyfriends??

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Eh,... I’m like six feet from New Mexico,....
    and 6 feet from Juarez... still in TX cali boy.

Organ Mountains and White Sands are pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied

<iframe width="900" height="506" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7UVVS5-9HvA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
    You live in Texas now. Get with the program bud

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    You live in Texas now. Get with the program bud

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Not gonna lie I just had a little solo dance party. Two solid bops
    There's some really solid country talent in that crowd if you noticed.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    <iframe width="600" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OnK_xAaK2Z8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="600" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U7EZ9V6F9yo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Not gonna lie I just had a little solo dance party. Two solid bops

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    The best country bop of the 80's is the 1983 classic "Jose Cuervo" by Shelly West
    <iframe width="600" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OnK_xAaK2Z8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="600" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U7EZ9V6F9yo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    You're post just made me remember that a country song called Bop (or something like that), was popular that week in 86 too lol.
    The best country bop of the 80's is the 1983 classic "Jose Cuervo" by Shelly West

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Your love in a top 10-15 80's bop
    You're post just made me remember that a country song called Bop (or something like that), was popular that week in 86 too lol.

Leave a comment:

• Old Man Mike
    replied
    Winwood: Roll With It Baby.

Leave a comment:

• yankeehater
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishize View Post
    Watching that video again makes me wonder if there could be another MTV that just played music videos w/ music news delivered by VeeJays. I think that ship has sailed w/ the likes of digital media, YouTube, etc but I loved that you could turn on MTV in the 80s like it was a radio station.

Remember Night Flight? Always looked forward to that as well on the weekends. Loved me some “Headbangers Ball” too. Remember one of the hosts, Adam Curry? He’s now known as “The Podfather” in the world of podcasts. He does his pod out of TX and is big into the IT media world. Very conspiratorial when listening to him (maybe it’s the weed...LOL) but I wouldn’t have predicted him doing what he’s doing now based on his seemingly contrived look on “Headbangers Ball”...he looked like the typical poser w/ the off the rack leather jacket and perfectly coiffed hair.
    Remember MTV used to announce when videos from top artists were going to be released and you made sure you tuned in to see them for the first time. Videos used to be a large production back then. Also loved the Top 10 videos of the day. Couldn't miss that. Now MTV has nothing to do with music.

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    RIP

Much too young for Lewis... Only 63. You're Love was huge on Spring Break in Daytona and was just coming out. That and several other songs take me right back to Feb/Mar 1986. You're Love though, along with Summer Nights, are my favs from that whole experience. Ah the memories.

And the beach was full of West End Girls, Addicted to Love, Rock Me Amadeus, Why Can't This Be Love, Summer Nights, R.O.C.K. in the USA, Stages, Let's Go All The Way, Manic Monday, Kiss, I Can't Wait, Something About You. In My Dreams. Had a Maxwell Chrome mix tape with all those songs from the beach.

Your love in a top 10-15 80's bop

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    The movie ‘The Warriors’,... the baseball gang.
    Thank you sir. That makes more sense. “Warriors...come out to playyyyyyyy”

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Damn we are getting old. I loved that song & the “Play Deep” album. I can’t remember how a British band used a baseball term for the name of their band and first album. I’m sure the album title was a euphemism but can’t recall how they landed on the band name.
    In short, they originally were called the Baseball Boys (from a movie, the Warriors), and changed their name to the Outfield when they signed. Guessing Play Deep was just another play on baseball.

And yes, getting f'ing old lol.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Damn we are getting old. I loved that song & the “Play Deep” album. I can’t remember how a British band used a baseball term for the name of their band and first album. I’m sure the album title was a euphemism but can’t recall how they landed on the band name.
    The movie ‘The Warriors’,... the baseball gang.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    Tony Lewis, lead singer / bassist of The Outfield died yesterday.

If you were between 10 and 40 in '85-'86, you liked their album, Play Deep. That album along with TFF - Songs from the Big Chair and Mellancamp's Scarecrow were 1985.

I was just back in Michiana for a minute and made a point to go down to the beach at Stop 2 in Michigan City and fired up "Your Love". That's the song I overwhelmingly connect with days at the beach. Thought it would be nostalgic and fun, ended up being REALLY depressing. Thomas Wolfe was right. You can't go home again.

RIP Tony

<iframe width="600" height="330" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4N1iwQxiHrs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Watching that video again makes me wonder if there could be another MTV that just played music videos w/ music news delivered by VeeJays. I think that ship has sailed w/ the likes of digital media, YouTube, etc but I loved that you could turn on MTV in the 80s like it was a radio station.

Remember Night Flight? Always looked forward to that as well on the weekends. Loved me some “Headbangers Ball” too. Remember one of the hosts, Adam Curry? He’s now known as “The Podfather” in the world of podcasts. He does his pod out of TX and is big into the IT media world. Very conspiratorial when listening to him (maybe it’s the weed...LOL) but I wouldn’t have predicted him doing what he’s doing now based on his seemingly contrived look on “Headbangers Ball”...he looked like the typical poser w/ the off the rack leather jacket and perfectly coiffed hair.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    RIP

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    RIP

Leave a comment:

• Bishop2b5
    replied
    Same,... it changes with mood and such but most often in my life when asked ‘fav song ever’ I’ve answered CFMWH
    It makes my top 10. I didn't like a lot of Winwood's solo and Traffic stuff (I did love Empty Pages, though), but that Blind Faith album was something special.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Interesting,... he couldn’t have been that old.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyMac
    replied
    Tony Lewis, lead singer / bassist of The Outfield died yesterday.

If you were between 10 and 40 in '85-'86, you liked their album, Play Deep. That album along with TFF - Songs from the Big Chair and Mellancamp's Scarecrow were 1985.

I was just back in Michiana for a minute and made a point to go down to the beach at Stop 2 in Michigan City and fired up "Your Love". That's the song I overwhelmingly connect with days at the beach. Thought it would be nostalgic and fun, ended up being REALLY depressing. Thomas Wolfe was right. You can't go home again.

RIP Tony

<iframe width="600" height="330" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4N1iwQxiHrs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    Same,... it changes with mood and such but most often in my life when asked ‘fav song ever’ I’ve answered CFMWH
    Winwood's voice, Clapton's strumming, Ginger Bakers soft drums, and lyrics like "wasted and I can't find my way home". Just hard to beat.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irish YJ
    replied
    RIP SD

Great song. Didn’t that feature Steve Winwood on vocals? He was (IIRC) 16-yrs old w/ the voice of an old blues artist.
    Pretty sure he was 14 and still in school when he joined.

Steve is the bomb. Preferred his time with Clapton/Blind Faith over SD and Traffic, but enjoyed everything he touched. Can't Find My Way Home will always be one of my all time favs. One of those songs that is just haunting. Definitely was one of the better 80s voices as well.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Yes that was SW on vocals...

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Spencer Davis of The Spencer Davis group died in hospital at the age of 81 after being treated for pneumonia. They had several huge hits. Gimme Some Lovin' is my favorite.

RIP Spencer.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/21/enter...gbr/index.html
    Great song. Didn’t that feature Steve Winwood on vocals? He was (IIRC) 16-yrs old w/ the voice of an old blues artist.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    Yeah that’s an all timer great song, RIP

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Spencer Davis of The Spencer Davis group died in hospital at the age of 81 after being treated for pneumonia. They had several huge hits. Gimme Some Lovin' is my favorite.

RIP Spencer.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/21/enter...gbr/index.html

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
    I went to plenty of games at Riverfront as a child unfortunately I missed this era by about 4 years.
    Went to a Reds/Cubs game at Crosley Field (67?) before it was replaced by Riverfront. Left field had an actual rise of about 1-2 feet near the wall. Talk about home field advantage. Saw Bench, Rose, Perez Vada Pinson, Ernie Banks, Kessinger, Ron Santo and Billy Williams. I don't think I fully appreciated all the great players I was watching at that time.

The Heavenly Hall of Fame continues to grow. Unreal. I had no idea Morgan had been ill. He set the standard for all around 2B play in the modern era.

Back-to-back MVP in 75-76. Most forget he was an AS w/ the Colt 45s/Astros before being traded to Cincinnati. Not a Reds fan but always loved Morgan & his style of play.

Ford didn’t shock me as he had to be approaching 90 and wasn’t in the public anymore. He was the ace of a ton of WS Champ Yankee teams. Seems like he pitched forever.

I wasn’t surprised at Seaver’s passing either. I watched the video of his Mets teammates visiting him at his vineyard in CA when he was struggling w/ Alzheimer’s. Really bittersweet to watch.

IIRC, Brock had been battling diabetes & may have had an amputation of part of his leg. How ironic for an athlete who accomplished so much w/ his legs. Great all-around player and involved in one of the worst trades the Cubs ever made...to their rival no less....Lou Brock to STL for pitcher Ernie Broglio.
    Ford was 91.

I forgot that Morgan was a Houston Colt 45. Always hated that they changed their name to coincide with the Astrodome.

Leave a comment:

• ARALOU
    replied
    Bruce Jenner? Never heard of her.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X