This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
    He liked beer that's for sure. Too young to be gone. Hits home as we're the same year. Outside of the couches burning and a few hot chick hook ups, him doing the longest beer bong i'd ever seen to that point (the tube hung down from the second floor terrace) is one of the most vivid memories I have from IU little 5. he was a monster his FR year.
    Can confirm. Was with him and Nover at the Final Four in Indy. Boy could throw down. Not in the same league as Uwe though. Blab & Dakich set records that will never be equaled.

Comment

• https://news.yahoo.com/actress-sondr...100944642.html

Actress Sondra Locke has passed away from bone & breast cancer at the age of 74. Apparently she died 11/3, but her death wasn't announced to the public until yesterday. She was Clint Eastwood's partner from about 1976 until 1989 and starred in several of his movies during that era, including The Outlaw Josie Wales, Bronco Billy, The Gauntlet, and Every Which Way But Loose.
      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
        https://news.yahoo.com/actress-sondr...100944642.html

Actress Sondra Locke has passed away from bone & breast cancer at the age of 74. Apparently she died 11/3, but her death wasn't announced to the public until yesterday. She was Clint Eastwood's partner from about 1976 until 1989 and starred in several of his movies during that era, including The Outlaw Josie Wales, Bronco Billy, The Gauntlet, and Every Which Way But Loose.
        Yup sad news...all of those movies were huge when I was growing up. RIP Sondra!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
          Pics or GTFO :)
          Too lazy to google?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
            Too lazy to google?

It was actually just a joke, hence the smiley.

Appreciate your posts.

Comment

• Penny Marshall, Laverne of Laverne and Shirley has passed away at age 75.

Penny Marshall, the amazing actress, comedian and director has died ... TMZ has learned.

Marshall died Monday night at her Hollywood Hills home. We've learned the cause of death was complications from diabetes.

Penny's first recurring role was playing Myrna Turner on "The Odd Couple," which was directed by her brother. She also appeared on "Happy Days" with Cindy Williams, and they became famous from their spin-off sitcom, "Laverne & Shirley." It became a monster hit in 1976 and ran for 8 seasons. Her character's moniker -- the "L" for Laverne on her sweater -- became one of the most famous logos in television.
              Last edited by Irish#1; 12-18-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Grew up watching Happy Days and L&S. Penny was hilarious. I believe she was married to Rob Reiner...not sure. RIP!

Comment

• Originally posted by OhioIrish31 View Post
                  Grew up watching Happy Days and L&S. Penny was hilarious. I believe she was married to Rob Reiner...not sure. RIP!
                  She was,... poor girl. She directed a number of films on my favs list... RIP and thanks.
                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• PENNY MARSHALL’S FAVORITE MISTAKE: GETTING PREGNANT AT 19

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyler Trent Passes Away <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SBNationCFB</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/espn?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ESPN</a> <a href="https://t.co/tHI9CuPYVg">https://t.co/tHI9CuPYVg</a></p>&mdash; Hammer &amp; Rails (@HammerAndRails) <a href="https://twitter.com/HammerAndRails/status/1080279580466917376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 2, 2019</a></blockquote>
                      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                      I was smarter when I drank...
                      I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

• Heartbreaking news about Tyler, but my goodness, what a fighter. How many of us could learned a thing or two from this courageous young man? The last days of his life, he's writing a book in order to try and raise a million dollars for cancer research.

Boiler Up! and God Bless you Tyler Trent.

Comment

• RIP Tyler. A difficult yet courageous & inspirational life so well lived. No doubt from hearing his interviews and testimony that Boiler Up! has a different meaning for him now.

Comment

• Mean Gene Okerlund dead at 76.

Comment

Mean Gene Okerlund dead at 76.
                              The greatest. Loved him and Bobby the Brain together. Great stuf.
                              "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

Mean Gene Okerlund dead at 76.
                                Oh no. He was great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
                                  Oh no. He was great.
                                  No offense guys, but it's somewhat sad to see comments about Gene and none about Tyler.

Comment

• Kid inspired Purdue to its biggest win this century if not longer.

Comment

No offense guys, but it's somewhat sad to see comments about Gene and none about Tyler.
                                      I typed the following then backed out of the page before submitting not wanting to that guy. (Thanks That Guy)

Sad day in IE history when Mean Gene gets more RIP's than Tyler Trent. I'm embarrassed for us all.

Comment

• Sorry, never heard of Tyler Trent and didn’t see anyone post about him. By all means be embarrassed though
                                        "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by Circa View Post
                                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyler Trent Passes Away <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SBNationCFB</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/espn?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ESPN</a> <a href="https://t.co/tHI9CuPYVg">https://t.co/tHI9CuPYVg</a></p>&mdash; Hammer &amp; Rails (@HammerAndRails) <a href="https://twitter.com/HammerAndRails/status/1080279580466917376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 2, 2019</a></blockquote>
                                          <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                          This story tore up my entire family. His battle was so inspiring to us all. It came as a shock that he perished so soon after we all became familiar with his story. RIP young fella and prayers to the family. Sad news indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                                            Sorry, never heard of Tyler Trent and didnít see anyone post about him. By all means be embarrassed though
                                            He was the notional MVP of NDs 13th win when Purdue derailed OSU's season. That game was almost the highlight of the year for me and the way the Purdue fans got behind him I think that could only happen in college football/sport. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                                              Sorry, never heard of Tyler Trent and didnít see anyone post about him. By all means be embarrassed though
                                              Someone needs to change their handle to: NDlivinunderaRock

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                He was the notional MVP of NDs 13th win when Purdue derailed OSU's season. That game was almost the highlight of the year for me and the way the Purdue fans got behind him I think that could only happen in college football/sport. RIP.
                                                Not only did Purdue get behind him, but many others. Scott VanPelt interviewed him and shortly after, he co-hosted SVP's show for a day. He was also featured on ESPN and I think ABC News. I'll see if I can track down how much money he was able to raise in such a short time.

Comment

• Bob Einstein, a comedian, actor and two-time Emmy winner best known for his work on "Curb Your Enthusiasm," has died at 76, his representative confirmed to USA TODAY.

Einstein is probably best known to fans as Marty Funkhouser, creator and star Larry David's friend, on "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

Einstein is also well known for creating the satirical stuntman character Super Dave Osborne, bringing the character's comedic appeal to various variety shows and late night comedy shows from the 1970s to the present day.

Comment

• My heart breaks for a kid like Tyler. Yes, death is sad, and cancer is vile for all those who suffer. But there is something about when it takes such a young, exciting life that really hits hard to those of us who didn't even know him. Seeing those clips of him during the OSU week, after it, him on SvP, being flown to Nashville, I would tear up every time.

Gone way too soon.

Comment

No offense but you donít get to tell people whose deaths should affect them more or which person they should make comments about.
                                                      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                        No offense but you donít get to tell people whose deaths should affect them more or which person they should make comments about.
                                                        I didn't say whose death should affect someone more. No offense taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                          He gets to post as if he so chooses and he didn't tell anyone what to feel, he simply expressed his feelings regarding others' feelings. I expressed the same. Now you get to express your feelings about our feelings. That's how it works. You feel me?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                            He gets to post as if he so chooses and he didn't tell anyone what to feel, he simply expressed his feelings regarding others' feelings. I expressed the same. Now you get to express your feelings about our feelings. That's how it works. You feel me?
                                                            Sure thing buddy.

Comment

• Why is it sad that mean gene gets comments? Okerlund was a wonderful man, and did a lot of things, unpublisized, for less fortunate folks. He fought kidney disease for years, and had two kidney transplants. He wasn’t like a kardashian or OJ Simpson or something. Gee whiz...

Comment

• I don't know how Mean Gene was able to stay in character with all the ridiculousness he was interviewing.
                                                                Last edited by Sea Turtle; 01-02-2019, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Josh Atkinson died, couldn’t find his recruiting thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShamrockOnHelmet View Post
                                                                    Why is it sad that mean gene gets comments? Okerlund was a wonderful man, and did a lot of things, unpublisized, for less fortunate folks. He fought kidney disease for years, and had two kidney transplants. He wasnít like a kardashian or OJ Simpson or something. Gee whiz...
                                                                    Right. It doesnít marginalize anyone elseís passing to make comments about someone else.

Comment

• Lets not turn this thread into a pity party.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShamrockOnHelmet View Post
                                                                        Why is it sad that mean gene gets comments? Okerlund was a wonderful man, and did a lot of things, unpublisized, for less fortunate folks. He fought kidney disease for years, and had two kidney transplants. He wasnít like a kardashian or OJ Simpson or something. Gee whiz...
                                                                        I wasn't trying to marginalize his death and it's not sad that Mean Gene gets comments. He's someone's husband, father and grandfather and will be missed. With the media coverage recently and given Tyler was a 20 year old young man that didn't get to live his life, I just found it a little surprising.

My apologies to anyone I offended.

Comment

• Daryl Dragon from The Beach Boys and Captain & Tennille passed away Jan. 2.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/enter...ead/index.html

Comment

• I'm gonna chime in on Mean Gene. Tyler Trent is a beautifully sad story, but the story isn't necessarily close to everyone. I'm sure everyone has someone that is close to them that has battled cancer at some point, sure, but does that mean it's personal to you?

Gene Okerlund represents a nostalgic figure for many kids that grew up in the 80s. I can remember watching WWF's Saturday Night Main Event with my pop and brother back in the day, cheering for Hulk Hogan and we'd try to roll dad over to get a pin during commercials. My dad and I don't always see eye to eye, and we have few things in common, but those are some of my fondest memories growing up. It was something we could bond over, and Mean Gene was a part of that experience. Okerlund was probably one of, if not THE, greatest interviewer in the realm of professional wrestling. He was the go to guy for all backstage segments. He was a perfect foil for outlandish characters like Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, and Hogan.

So conventional wisdom says that a Tyler Trent passing should garner more comments than a Mean Gene maybe, but for some of us that grew up watching wrestling it may illicit other emotions that hit closer to home.
                                                                            Last edited by ulukinatme; 01-03-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
                                                                              Josh Atkinson died, couldnít find his recruiting thread.
                                                                              I hadn't heard this, how tragic! Prayers to George and the rest of the family.

Comment

• Originally posted by rikkitikki08 View Post
                                                                                Josh Atkinson died, couldnít find his recruiting thread.
                                                                                Surprised that this isn't getting much attention.

Comment

• Do they know what happened? Gone too soon for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                                    Do they know what happened? Gone too soon for sure.
                                                                                    suicide

Comment

Bob Einstein, a comedian, actor and two-time Emmy winner best known for his work on "Curb Your Enthusiasm," has died at 76, his representative confirmed to USA TODAY.

Einstein is probably best known to fans as Marty Funkhouser, creator and star Larry David's friend, on "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

Einstein is also well known for creating the satirical stuntman character Super Dave Osborne, bringing the character's comedic appeal to various variety shows and late night comedy shows from the 1970s to the present day.
                                                                                      The Funk man was a key character on a great show. I have followed the horse voiced comedian since super Dave. Curb gave his career a great finishing act. RIP Funkster.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeatSC View Post
                                                                                        The Funk man was a key character on a great show. I have followed the horse voiced comedian since super Dave. Curb gave his career a great finishing act. RIP Funkster.
                                                                                        I didn't watch many episodes of CYE, but he was funny as heck spoofing Evel Knievel as Super Dave.

Comment

• Bob Kuchenberg passed away.

Region born, ND bred, Dolphin legend.

A true gentle giant. Dude was wild as hell, but a real nice guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                                                                            Bob Kuchenberg passed away.

Region born, ND bred, Dolphin legend.

A true gentle giant. Dude was wild as hell, but a real nice guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                                                            He loved him some Kellen Winslow,... I know that much.
                                                                                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Won a National Championship in 66 and 2 Super Bowls with the Dolphins.

Comment

• Played offense and defense at ND. Six time Pro-Bowler. Nominated for the Hall of Fame 2002-09, but never elected. Good bio for his football career.

Dolphins great Bob Kuechenberg dies at 71

RIP Kooch.

Last edited by Legacy; 01-13-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Kuechenberg was one of the greatest OLinemen ever to play. A must for Canton.

Comment

• RIP my Gary brother.

Shame on the HOF voters for not electing him while he was alive.

Comment

• Always tough when an Irish great leaves us.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X